Pages:
Author

Topic: [Group buy #3] OPEN GRIDSEED miner BTC/PP/WU worldwide - page 5. (Read 11239 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 105
nice price! will try to get some! is it open yet?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Question, does the Wiibox controller come with a USB hub or do we have to source that separately (when ordering in multiples of 10)?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058
The OGz Club
Submitted payment request to gridseed last night still have room for more orders i will update later tonight very busy with getting this setup so apologies for any delays on updating.
Activity: 9
Really looking forward to this and thanks for organizing! I ordered 30, #738, and now we're above order #760...

If you're wondering how to power and control these babies, I'm doing a custom ATX setup with a RPi controller, custom cables to power the miners and USB hubs. The Pi is highly recommended instead of the Wiibox, and running as many units off PCIe power as possible - up to 4 per cable versus 3 for molex, for rock solid stability. I figure I can run at least 16 that way with a nice Corsair AX series and the rest off Molex and SATA with only a few adapters. It would be cool to program a status LCD on the Pi. Smiley

This is my first custom rig so it'll be interesting to learn what works best and see how this thing evolves and if I even make any money from it. It's funny to find all these milkcrate and PVC mining racks all over the internet... soon that'll be me too I'm sure.

Let's get this party started!

[Edit: removed references to my custom power cable guy b/c he's too busy]
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Maidak: I think you should post a "24 hour notice to get your order in", and up the price by $10/miner. Use the extra profit to give bonuses to the rest of us who placed our orders early.

If people want to cut the time period from when they order to when they receive, they should pay up for the "expedited" service.
Activity: 23
Did I miss the "Group Buy" or is there still time to get an order in?
Activity: 17
I will be making a decision in the next 8 hours. 120/200 is still too far of an assurance I need. Maidak, please say when you are ready to send the order in and use your best judgement when you will receive and get miners in my hands. Thanks.

It should be much higher than 120/200 as quite a few orders have gone in since then. He should be about ready to make the order. He needs to keep updating as it will help bring in people to know you are close.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I will be making a decision in the next 8 hours. 120/200 is still too far of an assurance I need. Maidak, please say when you are ready to send the order in and use your best judgement when you will receive and get miners in my hands. Thanks.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
My order is in. Do these units come with any means of connecting them to power? A barrel plug tail or something? Or should I source something like these while I'm waiting?
Has anyone been able to update the firmware on these units?  Lightningasics has an update to the firmware that supposedly makes them more stable. Just trying to decide which to buy.

I think the upgrade is for the controller, not the miner. According to reports, the miners are stable under Raspberry Pi/Linux. The controller software upgrade trades one set of headaches for another.
Activity: 182
Has anyone been able to update the firmware on these units?  Lightningasics has an update to the firmware that supposedly makes them more stable. Just trying to decide which to buy.
can i mine nvc or any other scrypt coin besides LTC?

Any scrypt based coin will work.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
can i mine nvc or any other scrypt coin besides LTC?
Get purchasing! As soon as I hit 100 units I will buy the other 100 to push this group buy along alot faster.
Just a quick update on this I have a few users who are buying large bulk quantities which will surpass the minimum order for these puppies. I will get the site fixed ASAP and order will more then likely be submitted by monday.

The first post shows 120/200. Is the order being placed today (Monday, March 10)?

BTW: How many unites to be considered "bulk".

100+ units is what I would consider a bulk purchase the orders going to be placed between tues-wed unless gridseed replies back within less then 24 hours.

Can you send me a quote for 20,30,50,100, and 150 units please. Thank you!
Activity: 129
I just put in an order for 10 on your website also. Order number 761.

thanks
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058
The OGz Club
Get purchasing! As soon as I hit 100 units I will buy the other 100 to push this group buy along alot faster.
Just a quick update on this I have a few users who are buying large bulk quantities which will surpass the minimum order for these puppies. I will get the site fixed ASAP and order will more then likely be submitted by monday.

The first post shows 120/200. Is the order being placed today (Monday, March 10)?

100+ units is what I would consider a bulk purchase the orders going to be placed between tues-wed unless gridseed replies back within less then 24 hours.

I just put in an order for 10 on your website to help get the ball rolling. Order number 754. Hopefully we can get the 200 very soon. Looking forward to running these!
Just placed an order for 2 of these puppies Smiley

I was waiting for the numbers to go up, but with the recent updates the GB seems quite healthy. Here's hoping you reach the 200 minimum quickly.
Pages:
Jump to: