Author

Topic: [Group Buy#1] Avalon ASICs CHIPS! Using JohnK as escrow! FINISHED! - page 107. (Read 150340 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
guys guys guys... ill be glad to pay someone a little extra if anyone can ship me an assembled chip.. maybe some donation ill be giving would be my little "thank you". i've seen the page, but im not really an electronics engineer or enthusiast
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
Will an escrow be used to collect the payment? Perhaps John K?

I don't think anybody on these forums should be comfortable swinging 782BTC around.

Tip him 5BTC for the work of documenting the group buy and have him forward the BTC to Avalon.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Woah! ryanfromrethink what's your plan for all those chips?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Coin Generator
Added you guys!

We are really close guys! Once the 390BTC order is confirmed I will give out the address for everyone to send BTC to!

People who are interested:
  • 17 BTC - Me
  • 10 BTC - rttnpig - PM'd to see if interested in Chips
  • 1  BTC -Luckybit - PM'd to see if interested in Chips
  • 5 BTC - dmo580 - PM'd to see if interested in Chips
  • 2 BTC - dazzle - PM'd to see if interested in Chips
  • 3 BTC - rammy2k2
  • 40 BTC - Rallye - PM'd to see if interested in Chips
  • 2 BTC - haaning - PM'd to see if interested in Chips
  • 10 BTC - GodFader
  • 2BTC - goodney
  • 1 BTC - eghoff
  • 20 BTC - freeworm
  • 390 BTC - ryanfromrethink - PENDING
  • 3 BTC - qbits
  • 10 BTC - cubism4nerds
  • 39 BTC - strombom

Total:
555/782.1 BTC
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I'd be down for at least 10BTC. (Depends on the day Tongue)
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
I'm in 3 BTC. ok? Can help but hopefully someone else will solder chips onto PCB...
Coin Generator
yeah we need to get to total as soon as possible so we can be first in line!

People who are interested:
  • 17 BTC - Me
  • 3 BTC - rammy2k2
  • 15 BTC - GodFader
  • 2BTC - goodney

Total:
97/782.1 BTC
Activity: 102
I sent ragingazn628 a PM, but it's fun to see the total pledged go up... I'm in for at least 2BTC
Activity: 94
Yep im interested you can confirm that 40BTC!

Cheers
Coin Generator
People who are interested:[/b]
  • 17 BTC - Me
  • 3 BTC - rammy2k2
  • 40 BTC - Rallye
  • 15 BTC - GodFader

Total:
95/782.1 BTC
Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
Unless you know what to do with the chips, I would just wait for someone else to build it.  While you mess around trying to figure out how to assemble a system others will be going to a lower process.  Time lost is hashing lost.
Activity: 607
i strongly hope a european company to get and use these chips to assemble a final consumer product that will ship
inside the EU. A simple USB miner (like 20GH) would be enough  Smiley
Coin Generator
People who are interested:[/b]
  • 17 BTC - Me
  • 3 BTC - rammy2k2
  • 15 BTC - GodFader

Total:
95/782.1 BTC
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Hmmm sure wish it was 2014 or 2015 when we'll have those neat 3D PCB printers. Would make this a snap!

I'm going to research this a bit more before deciding upon it; sure would be fun to throw this together but I have to do some research...
Merit: 510
I don't know how to assemble them either but I would assume you need a PCB and some other components, a heat sink, soldering, etc.  But yeah then you have the problem of whatever firmware or getting it to work.

I'd like the knowledge but I don't want to mess up and waste a Bitcoin in a soldering accident.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
i'm in with 3 BTC, but i dont know how to assemble these chips to work for BTC mining, is it hard ?
Coin Generator
What can I (or anyone) do with these chips?  It seems like hardware if I wanted to build my own ASIC miner but I'm no Electrical Engineer (I'm barely a Mechanical Engineer as it is). 

You can make your own Avalon Machine

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-pcb-with-avalon-the-quarter-stick-needs-help-161715

Alright, so how many chips are in an AVALON currently?  10,000 chips for 780 BTC could theoretically achieve what kind of hash rate?

about 230 chips in an Avalon = 65Ghash

780 = 2.82 Thash or 2820Ghash

MOTHER OF GOD!!! lol

The value of batch 3 @ 75 BTC for 65 GHash (230 chips) then each 1 chip = 0.28 GHash = 0.33 BTC.

The value of 10,000 chips if priced in an avalon would have cost 3300 BTC = 2800 GHash. 

So a 10,000 chip order for 780 BTC is a steal - about 0.078 BTC/chip.  24% of the batch 3 costs (of course I understand that this doesn't include the remaining costs to build the full miner).

I would only be interested in a group buy if I didn't have to build the unit myself.  If someone planned on building/maintaining a rig, I would buy some shares.  I like the cost value, but I know I could never build a working miner from the chips. 

There would be additional costs for labor and parts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45698vk7bpvbdkp/BOM.xls

yes, i understand that.  I am fully aware that these chips need to be integrated into a machine.  That's why I said

(of course I understand that this doesn't include the remaining costs to build the full miner)

and why I also said

I would only be interested in a group buy if I didn't have to build the unit myself.  If someone planned on building/maintaining a rig, I would buy some shares.  I like the cost value, but I know I could never build a working miner from the chips.

I would step up and do it but right now I am not 100% sure. It will be a learning process for me. I am investing in these chips to learn something new or to resell Smiley
Activity: 149
What can I (or anyone) do with these chips?  It seems like hardware if I wanted to build my own ASIC miner but I'm no Electrical Engineer (I'm barely a Mechanical Engineer as it is). 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-pcb-with-avalon-the-quarter-stick-needs-help-161715

Alright, so how many chips are in an AVALON currently?  10,000 chips for 780 BTC could theoretically achieve what kind of hash rate?

MOTHER OF GOD!!! lol

The value of batch 3 @ 75 BTC for 65 GHash (230 chips) then each 1 chip = 0.28 GHash = 0.33 BTC.

The value of 10,000 chips if priced in an avalon would have cost 3300 BTC = 2800 GHash. 

So a 10,000 chip order for 780 BTC is a steal - about 0.078 BTC/chip.  24% of the batch 3 costs (of course I understand that this doesn't include the remaining costs to build the full miner).

yes, i understand that.  I am fully aware that these chips need to be integrated into a machine.  That's why I said

(of course I understand that this doesn't include the remaining costs to build the full miner)

and why I also said

Coin Generator

MOTHER OF GOD!!! lol

Activity: 149

MOTHER OF GOD!!! lol

Jump to: