Pages:
Author

Topic: [Groupbuy] Jupiter KNCMiner (0.5 BTC shares) 12 sold! [CLOSED] !!! - page 11. (Read 33053 times)

legendary
Activity: 934
Merit: 1000
Allright guys and gals, time for another update!

I've spoken to Bitfunder owner Jon briefly, with regards to the question of paying out dividends directly his word were:
Code:
in the future, yes
its currently a debate

Because he's traveling at the moment (visualize angry stewardesses Tongue) he didn't have time to get into it any further, but at least it sounds hopefull. I also informed him of the trouble you were having Godzilla, I hope they fix it for you soon. Have you tried emailing again? (can't hurt).

Also, due to popular demand, we decided to start a second edition of the KNC Jupiter groupbuy. Although the pre-order period is over we feel it might be the right time to start ordering the second batch (and apparently some of you already agree Wink). We've changes a few things (most prominent the share price) but all in all it's pretty much what you're used from us, and ofcourse it integrates seemlessly in the first groupbuy.

Details will be posted in a new post shortly, but we felt you had the right to know first.. 

One more thing, @LiteBit, we'll start a topic in Securities as soon as it's tradeable on Bitfunder. That post might attract some potential traders and would go to waste if you couldn't trade it yet.

Cheers!
Blastbob and Tyrion70

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I had no problems with email activation. It took a little time before the email arrived..

Anyway good news direct from kncminer forum user - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2520109
Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in in your discussion but don't buy any power supplies yet.

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.

It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley

again please don't buy a 1200W power supply you simply will not need one that powerful or expensive.

Sam
Hopefully these things can live up to the hype and more importantly, be delivered on time! Exciting months ahead....
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
I had no problems with email activation. It took a little time before the email arrived..

Anyway good news direct from kncminer forum user - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2520109
Hi Guys

Sorry for butting in in your discussion but don't buy any power supplies yet.

We will have a large Technical announcement coming next week. Where we will give even more accurate Power figures and GH/s.

It will be a significant announcement which I hope will make all of our customers happy. and no before you ask I wont reveal any details before that newsletter goes out Smiley

again please don't buy a 1200W power supply you simply will not need one that powerful or expensive.

Sam
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Verification on WeExchange is only for FIAT withdrawal IIRC
Activity: 495
Merit: 250
Bitfunder dividend-> WeExchange wallet-> Your Wallet
My issue is it is a manual action. I want it to be automatic and limit the middle man attack risk.
Tyrion has stated he is in touch with WeExchange to see if it can become automatic, so let's wait and see.

+1

If things can become autonomous I'm not opposed to the whole situation. That being said, I hate having to jump through hoops on
multiple sites just to access my btc. We'll see what happens I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
do I realy need get verified on weexchange? now my status is Account Type: Personal   |   Status: Unverified

I had verified the email ,but not street address, and I do not want to upload my identification . So in this status ,can I use the weexchange to got my dividend?

I believe you can still withdraw from weexchange without a verified account.  read their faqs. i think they say that.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
do I realy need get verified on weexchange? now my status is Account Type: Personal   |   Status: Unverified

I had verified the email ,but not street address, and I do not want to upload my identification . So in this status ,can I use the weexchange to got my dividend?
legendary
Hi Tyrion, I'm one of those who pm you that it's ok to use Bitfunder. Then I created an account in WeExchange and am not able to verify my email account. I got the error "Sorry, the code you provided is invalid". Sent an email to support and I haven't got any response in two days.
So definetely think I prefer not to use Weexchange if possible. I don't think it give us any added value and in deed is causing me some troubles.
Hey Godzilla,

How unfortunate to hear.. I just registered another account with bitfunder and weexchange but that worked out (I still needed another personal account).. I'll definately ask Jon about this, did u send an email to [email protected] ?

Cheers
KSV
Activity: 398
SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING
i m definitely in if you gonna get more miners Smiley
Activity: 353
Merit: 253
So you're not buying any new miner?

Regards,
ilpirata79
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
I'd like to suggest opening a new thread related to this IPO of ADDICTION in the Securities thread.  That will give it marketability, exposure and get us away from this group buy. 

And you can answer this question in that thread too:
Any thought on opening price?

In group buy .5 BTC got you 2.823 GB hashing power.  So 1 BTC got you 5.646 GB hashing power.
If we IPO and Bitcoin is @ $100 for example and 1 BTC gets you 200 shares in ADDICTION then each share IPO is $.50. I'm assuming you're tying the share price to BTC value vs. fiat value.  So each share is 0.005 BTC which equals 28.23 MH/s hashing power as explained in IPO summary.  I apologize if any of this is redundant. 

Again, please open an [ANN][Bitfunder][IPO]ADDICTION thread in Securities since we are now in a new phase of this mining collective.

Cheers,
LiteBit
Activity: 353
Merit: 253
Please, consider me for the next one (10 shares).

regards,
ilpirata79
legendary
Activity: 1123
SaluS - (SLS)
Also, I would like to petition the group for a vote on purchasing additional miners.

I Agree, and may I suggest k16s/Avalon clones. As soon as Avalon delivers the chips, the market will be flooded by K16/Avalon clones and given the competition, we might get good deal on bulk purchase and get the ball rolling on mining on a chance KNC doesn't deliver on time. Could be separate fund (pledge) at first and if it goes trough, convert it to shares, somehow.

Just trowing some ideas out there.  Smiley
Activity: 392
♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫
Tyrion70,
Are any spots still open for non payment or drop outs?

Also, I would like to petition the group for a vote on purchasing additional miners.
legendary
Hey everyone!

Just a short update; so far 71 people have reacted. Only 4 have indicated they would like payments directly not trough bitfunder. We will still check with Bitfunder to see if automatic payments are an option, but bitfunder definately seems a go.

If you haven't reacted yet (or changed your mind) please let us either know your bitfunder ID or drop us a note that you don't want to use bitfunder (no hard feelings). In the latter case we will send you another PM confirming your payment address.

Cheers and enjoy summer (33 degrees here today!)
Activity: 370
PPL please calm down...

We don't even know if KNC will deliver ASICs and now you talk about bitfunder and wechange, we have some time till sept./oct.

Tyrion and BlastBob made great work to organize and order equipment, please don't blame them for using of bitfunder, they don't need any additional workload.

Be patient and enjoy beautiful summer, just go out somewhere Smiley

Good sentiment, summer should definitely be taken advantage of.

On the other hand, this is just the voice of consumer demand. It' nothing personal, just business. It looks like the majority of us have <400 shares each. I can understand the larger investors and those who manage many ventures having different needs.

Anyway, cheers Tyrion and BlastBob. I think things are being handled well and these other details are polish that can be worked out along the way.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
EDIT: and the payments should be automatic - there should be no need to go and click on a button each time the dividends are paid.
+1
we have enough work to do...
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
bitfunder is clearly promoting another service - weexchange - by limiting our choice and the whole affair just doesn't make sense. bitfunder says they do it to avoid unnecessary work of having to deal with BTC payments and improve security, but in reality they are still required to do per-person payments to our weexchange accounts. So, instead of simply paying to a BTC address they now have a much more complicated system of linking bitfunder accounts to weexchange, which degrades overall security and stability.

For some it might be good to have their funds consolidated in weexchange, but this should be an option and bitfunder must respect user's choice. Let's wait how tyrion70's negotiations with bitfunder end up.

EDIT: and the payments should be automatic - there should be no need to go and click on a button each time the dividends are paid.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
Hey guys,

First off I want to stress that we can't force you to use bitfunder or weExchange. If you don't want to use it just let us know and we'll process those payments manually no offence taken (especially due the confusion we might have added ourselves;))

As with all bitcoin sites though (as far as I'm concerned) don't ever keep all your coins in an online wallet. Your shares are safe there (we will be making an export of the shareholdlist on a regular basis), so even if something happens to bitfunder we will still be able to payout dividends.

There are a few reasons for using bitfunder or an exchange for that matter. It makes shares easily and securely transferable to someone else, they can grow in value, and it makes our life paying dividends a little easier.

Like Ben said, I'll contact Jon to see if it might be possible to payout dividends directly. Again, if you don't want to use bitfunder, just let us know.

Cheers

direct payment is indeed better, but the benefits of having shares at an exchange (rather than in a spreadsheet) is even better. We could indeed sell our shares very easely if we want to Smiley
legendary
Hey guys,

First off I want to stress that we can't force you to use bitfunder or weExchange. If you don't want to use it just let us know and we'll process those payments manually no offence taken (especially due the confusion we might have added ourselves;))

As with all bitcoin sites though (as far as I'm concerned) don't ever keep all your coins in an online wallet. Your shares are safe there (we will be making an export of the shareholdlist on a regular basis), so even if something happens to bitfunder we will still be able to payout dividends.

There are a few reasons for using bitfunder or an exchange for that matter. It makes shares easily and securely transferable to someone else, they can grow in value, and it makes our life paying dividends a little easier.

Like Ben said, I'll contact Jon to see if it might be possible to payout dividends directly. Again, if you don't want to use bitfunder, just let us know.

Cheers

Pages:
Jump to: