Pages:
Author

Topic: [GRP] GRouPcoin - page 8. (Read 28430 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
September 19, 2013, 10:16:41 AM
Any Windows client for this coin yet or still no devs actually doing anything to cater for many people who want client ?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
September 16, 2013, 05:48:52 PM
addnode=198.154.60.183
addnode=188.165.216.59
addnode=192.99.0.153
addnode=37.139.4.19

Note that groupcoin doesn't appear to have a "getpeerinfo" function, but you can see the IPs it has connected to by doing netstat and looking for port 51333.
legendary
September 16, 2013, 03:40:06 PM

... and BAM now I'm in. Thanks so much!

Will try to remember to post some more IPs once I've synced, in case others are having the same problem.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 16, 2013, 03:37:01 PM

-MarkM-
legendary
September 16, 2013, 03:18:37 PM
Apart from a wallet.dat flush that's the last thing reported in debug.log in the past 12 hours. Why isn't it persisting in trying to connect?

Been about 3 days now, debug log has not changed since I posted the above. The client is running, but it's not trying to connect.

Anyone got some peer IPs I can put into my conf to try to get it kick started? groupcoin is the only thing holding me up from opening a new account on bitparking.
legendary
September 13, 2013, 10:36:25 PM
Is there a seednode for the "new" coin, or can someone throw me some peer IPs? I've compiled the client, debug.log says it's connecting to 142.68.82.127, and then...nothing. It doesn't report connect success or failure, nor is it trying other IPs. Apart from a wallet.dat flush that's the last thing reported in debug.log in the past 12 hours. Why isn't it persisting in trying to connect?
legendary
September 13, 2013, 11:10:29 AM
edit: ignore for now, I was trying to compile two coins at once and thought it was groupcoin that was failing. It wasn't. hurrr. Sorry.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
September 11, 2013, 05:09:30 AM
where is the windows client?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
September 05, 2013, 04:39:20 PM
I've made github page and made groupcoin to work actually with newer version of uPNP libs:

https://github.com/kost/groupcoin

Feel free to send patches, comments or suggestions...

Groupcoin address for donations: 2hs4AbNwCpeqBZSg3PzrR1JwiS4R9FPQSks

Good work! I'll give it a go.......
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
September 05, 2013, 06:25:24 AM
I've made github page and made groupcoin to work actually with newer version of uPNP libs:

https://github.com/kost/groupcoin

Feel free to send patches, comments or suggestions...

Groupcoin address for donations: 2hs4AbNwCpeqBZSg3PzrR1JwiS4R9FPQSks
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
September 04, 2013, 04:20:18 PM
Any chance to get windows version? With GUI if possible...

Use Virtualbox with a mint-image. Then you can run it on windows practically. There will never be a win gui since this coin is practically dead and outdated.
Activity: 826
September 04, 2013, 02:13:24 PM
Any chance to get windows version? With GUI if possible...
legendary
September 01, 2013, 09:44:28 AM
It works! Finally... The two new commands were correct and with some testing with the commands in first tut post i now have an address. 2hypBHFzRxUsvuu79xkqSYpcx7Bs4xBsYfD

And it downloads blocks.

Thanks a lot!

@markm... i asked in your server thread but didnt get an answer yet... is your digitalis-server more active now? I read that in the past not much trades were going on and wonder if its worth to go through the hassle to install the OT-Client. When its silent on there i wouldnt invest time but maybe its lively there now?

I would try using the linux client then since i had so many problems with the windows version that i dont expect that it will run fine in near time.
legendary
Activity: 966
September 01, 2013, 12:39:25 AM
SebastianJu, I also encountered the issue you're facing.  Try:

Code:
make -f makefile.unix groupcoind USE_UPNP=

Turns out I needed some more items to build successfully:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libglib2.0-dev

It appears to have built groupcoind successfully now.  It's downloading blocks.
legendary
August 31, 2013, 10:45:39 PM
Mine already worked, I just think one had to say bitcoind instead of groupdcoind as what to build.

The GUI might not be feasible to build anymore due to even if you manage to get the correct ancient version of wxwidgets that in turn might have depended on ancient versions of everythig else on your system resulting in gosh knows how many things you might have to use ancient versions of in order to get that ancient wxwidgets to work.

Basically groupcoin is a daemon-only coin as far as I know, unless someone does want to wrestle with that ancient wxwidgets GUI system.

Just make sure to mention you want the daemon compiled, that is, bitcoind, or if someone has hacked your copy of the makefile to change the name from bitcoind to groupcoind, then groupcoind.

I never changed that name due to there are many makefiles for many systems and I did not want to imply they all had been made up to date by hacking just that name when, for all I know, tons of other things in other makefiles might also need changing. I figured best leave the original bitcoin makefiles so people can see that they have not been changed so they can figure out that whatever they do to such old makefiles for bitcoin to make them work the same updates will be needed in these to make these work.

So I just rename bitcoind to groupcoind after stripping it after making it before moving it to /usr/local/bin manually for use.

Also I personally do not even use makefile.unix because it lacks the -mt suffix on the boost libraries and it doesn't force use of my custom openssl that includes elliptic curves, so for all coins first thing I always always always have to do is copy makefile.unix to makefile.fedora15 or makefile.fedora16 or makefile.fedora17 or whatever version of fedora I am up to by then and hack it to tell it about the boost libs suffix and my custom openssl because fedora deliberately leaves elliptic curves out of its openssl packages. For some coins I also have to tell it to be permissive about the order in which declarations happen, because the compiler on fedora is strict so doesn't like the code of some coins, at some versions of the coin. So in general, you might well need to make a custom makefile for your specific version of your specific operating-system.

Some versions of some coins I have sometimes also had to add -ldl too to make it link libdl, as some versions of some coins have sometimes failed to link because that lib was not specifically mentioned. The linker usually says that what is causing the error is in that lib so when that lib needs adding it is made clear that is the case by the error message given by the linker, on my system. I dunno if all distros of all operating systems have linkers that helpful though. I guess whatever version of whatever distro makefile.unix was originally created for some other lib already causes it to include libdl without the makefile having to mention it, or maybe does not use libdl so does not need it or something. Need for it seems to vary from coin to coin and/or version-of-coin to version-of-coin over the years.

-MarkM-
legendary
August 31, 2013, 10:34:36 PM
Seems the default make target is the wxwidgets GUI not the groupcoind.

Building with the specific ancient version of wxwidgets that old code used is hard, even if you grab the exact right version of wxwidgets.

Trying specifying to make groupcoind or maybe even bitcoind if makefile wasn't hacked to change name of target from bitcoind to groupcoind.

Now that i0coin has been updated so nicely it is time anyway for all the other merged coins to update themselves based on the new i0coin code.

-MarkM-

Im not sure what you say but will you change makefile so that it works?
legendary
August 31, 2013, 10:30:31 PM
Seems the default make target is the wxwidgets GUI not the groupcoind.

Building with the specific ancient version of wxwidgets that old code used is hard, even if you grab the exact right version of wxwidgets.

Trying specifying to make groupcoind or maybe even bitcoind if makefile wasn't hacked to change name of target from bitcoind to groupcoind.

Now that i0coin has been updated so nicely it is time anyway for all the other merged coins to update themselves based on the new i0coin code.

-MarkM-
legendary
August 31, 2013, 10:22:57 PM
Hm, i tried all the new commands but when i try the new make command i get this error:
Code:
~/Desktop/groupcoin/src $ make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=
make: wx-config: Command not found
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL  -DGUI -o obj/auxpow.o auxpow.cpp
In file included from auxpow.cpp:4:0:
headers.h:30:19: fatal error: wx/wx.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/auxpow.o] Error 1

I then deleted the new makefile and reused the old but the errormessage remains. Does the files have to be in a special directory? Im using Mint 14 in VirtualBox if that matters.

Regarding Snowden... im not sure Linux will help there. When the NSA cant be stopped by the TOR-Network anymore, then reading that Germany is the country the NSA is working the most with and then read that Germany is the first country that literally legalizes Bitcoins i had to think of a connection. I mean who is Satoshi Nakamoto at all? He created a currency that is a party for agencies... Of course thats a conspiracy theory only. Smiley
The only possible security gain linux might give are missing backdoors and vulnerabilities. Which is a serious issue for sure when people dont have their money at a bank account anymore but instead in a wallet on their harddisc. I see many tears coming from that fact in the future.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
August 30, 2013, 09:18:31 AM
Heh, disregard my previous babble, in the new makefile the "ifdef USE_UPNP" part is commented out, so it will always compile without upnp.

Yeah listen to K1773R, seems there's a reason for his avater Smiley this should work even with the original makefile (did not test it though)...

Quote from: K1773R
Code:
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=
this is way easier!

...or use the new one, couldn't be arsed to really check the diffs, way too many posts for this coin already anyway. ;P

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
August 30, 2013, 02:59:45 AM
Thank you salt,
started compiling then got the error below. I seem to remember compiling without upnp on other clients before. Is this an option?

Code:
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -o obj/nogui/net.o net.cpp
net.cpp:22:32: fatal error: miniupnpc/miniwget.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/nogui/net.o] Error 1
Code:
make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=
this is way easier!
Pages:
Jump to: