Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] BitFury Miner Support/Tuning - page 24. (Read 148018 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
October 22, 2013, 09:38:57 AM

Since I filled each slot in my miner I'm having also ... problems to maintain ... hashrate of each board over 30 GH ... I'm unsure if it's because of the heat ... or the heatsinks ... that are blocking airflow, ... a PSU issue? .... some how I've some boards that work on one slot better then on an other one ... does anyone has a good approach how to get ... the best postitions ... ^^

also I'm seeking good heatsinks ... for the regulator part the arctic cooling stuff is to big ... something around 5 mm ...

In my experience it's a big problem when more than 3 slots per bank are used and to have >30GH/s per board. I think it's a software issue. Any hints from the developers would be awesome. I have even tried soldering power cables form each H-board directly to the 12V connector, but no fish.

I found some sweet 35x35x6mm heatsinks. 4 of them work great per board and leave room for airflow between slots.

as for 3 slots per bank, i beleive its related to the 30A limit of a texas instruments chip mentioned by intron a while back. Its got 10-14 pins and there is 1 per bank. Most likely it simply cannot handle more then 3 overclocked cards or 4 cards at 25GH
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
October 22, 2013, 08:55:59 AM

Since I filled each slot in my miner I'm having also ... problems to maintain ... hashrate of each board over 30 GH ... I'm unsure if it's because of the heat ... or the heatsinks ... that are blocking airflow, ... a PSU issue? .... some how I've some boards that work on one slot better then on an other one ... does anyone has a good approach how to get ... the best postitions ... ^^

also I'm seeking good heatsinks ... for the regulator part the arctic cooling stuff is to big ... something around 5 mm ...
Part of the problem for me atlest is the undisputable fact that some of my boards require different cooling than others. The rev 1 boards do have problems starting up when too cool. Before someone goes a head and dismisses this as absurd or tries to refute my point: stick one rev 1 board in the freezer, untill it's at 0c and see if it starts mining at anything above 8Ghs. My current physical setup has the capability of feeding sub zero celcius air to the fans during nights... and getting cooler by the day. Sadly the sweet spot where everything works is not as big as I'd hope it to be.
Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!
October 22, 2013, 08:47:43 AM
Looks like you have a multi rail Psu have you tried plugin one pcie connecter in from 2 diff pcie sets ?

Yes, you'll need to figure out which connectors are on which 12V rail. If you're using two pcie connectors from the same 12V rail then the total power will be limited to 480W (if the details from your PSU manufacturer about the different rails are to be believed). These PSU manufacturers are sneaky though, sometimes their rails are not configured in the way that they say! A good site to look at is http://www.jonnyguru.com/, but I don't think that your PSU has been reviewed there.

This should be the ... separation on the rails ...

OK, so with 80A max on the two non-modular pcie cables this should power the miner with no problems at all. I guess the problem does lie elsewhere, as goxed mentions. Good luck finding the solution!
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
October 22, 2013, 08:02:24 AM

In my experience it's a big problem when more than 3 slots per bank are used and to have >30GH/s per board. I think it's a software issue. Any hints from the developers would be awesome. I have even tried soldering power cables form each H-board directly to the 12V connector, but no fish.
Activity: 434
Merit: 265
October 22, 2013, 07:57:06 AM
Looks like you have a multi rail Psu have you tried plugin one pcie connecter in from 2 diff pcie sets ?

Yes, you'll need to figure out which connectors are on which 12V rail. If you're using two pcie connectors from the same 12V rail then the total power will be limited to 480W (if the details from your PSU manufacturer about the different rails are to be believed). These PSU manufacturers are sneaky though, sometimes their rails are not configured in the way that they say! A good site to look at is http://www.jonnyguru.com/, but I don't think that your PSU has been reviewed there.

This should be the ... separation on the rails ...

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!
October 22, 2013, 07:29:50 AM

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
October 22, 2013, 05:58:23 AM
October 22, 2013, 05:02:12 AM
Seems a PSU problem ... as soon as I pull to random cards of the mboard ... I get all cards hashing well again ...

... Im using ...  Club 3D CSP-X1200CS, 1200 Watt, 80 Plus Silber

I'm unsure is this PSU limiting wattage on 2 PCiE ... to 2 x 255 Watt?
October 22, 2013, 02:55:10 AM

Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
October 21, 2013, 03:34:26 PM
For people having hashrate drops - borrow PSU from friend and check.

In my case I had malfunctioning PSU (400W). It works perfectly in PC but it turn out connecting it to miner (2 H boards) I had strange fluctuations with hashrate. It didnt drop to 0 but instead went form ~50GH to ~10GH after some time. Again - that PSU works fine in PC. Finally Ive put another PSU - cheap 350W, 20$ chinese one and it runs perfectly - 58GH rock solid.

I think some PSU have some kind of regulator (whatever thingy...) and dont push full power. Or, they simply are a lazy bastards.

Interesting, this is definetley something I need to check out as I have been having some stability issues at ~500w pover drawn trough a 750W PSU.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
October 21, 2013, 11:57:07 AM
For people having hashrate drops - borrow PSU from friend and check.

In my case I had malfunctioning PSU (400W). It works perfectly in PC but it turn out connecting it to miner (2 H boards) I had strange fluctuations with hashrate. It didnt drop to 0 but instead went form ~50GH to ~10GH after some time. Again - that PSU works fine in PC. Finally Ive put another PSU - cheap 350W, 20$ chinese one and it runs perfectly - 58GH rock solid.

I think some PSU have some kind of regulator (whatever thingy...) and dont push full power. Or, they simply are a lazy bastards.

October 21, 2013, 05:46:45 AM
Added:

4. How to fix an empty miner File?

NOTE

Due to my personal epic screw-up the SD image does not contain a working binary. And on top of this some orders were shipped without instructions also Tongue We have whipped ourselves vigorously here over the weekend and will try to improve our process so these bloopers don't happen in the future.

Here's how to get your miner working:
1. Check your router for bitfury IP
2. SSH into the raspberry pi (username pi password raspberry)
3. Run following commands:

Code:
cd /opt/bitfury/chainminer
sudo make clean
sudo make
sudo killall screen
sudo /etc/rc.local

You should now be mining. You can check the web interface of the miner with a normal browser and setup your pools there (use the IP that you used for SSH).
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 21, 2013, 04:09:00 AM
with only 1 H-board in place drawing 45W, can I only use 1x 6pin PCI-E power cable instead of 2 of them? if so. which one, left or right?
With a fast look to the layout i think it should be okay to use just one, no matter which one. Because the layout join this two power cable.

Ciao

Enrico
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
October 20, 2013, 11:48:04 PM
Oooh  I will have to give this a try tomorrow.

Cablez,

Please let me know how it goes and if it indeed increases your hashrate.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
October 20, 2013, 11:42:37 PM
Oooh  I will have to give this a try tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 974
October 20, 2013, 03:46:00 PM
I have 16 cards on a V1 M-board.  It runs reasonably well most of the time.  I would prefer to upgrade to a V2 so I can at least update chainminer and reduce errors but no love yet.  Sad

According to goxed you should be able to get the newest chainminer running on V1 boards rather easily.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3372344
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
October 20, 2013, 03:36:36 PM
with only 1 H-board in place drawing 45W, can I only use 1x 6pin PCI-E power cable instead of 2 of them? if so. which one, left or right?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
October 20, 2013, 11:51:23 AM
Hi everybody..

my 8 Cards are running the last weeks very stable and with no problems. now after a reboot, the put.log shows that i have 12 boards and many miso and spi errors...
i have changed the m-boards, but same results. i also installed the miner new. someone has an idea?!

I had the same experience and I contacted punin for this.
He will receive 2 M-boards from me this week (tomorrow/Tuesday) so he can investigate what's going on.

sounds like it may be an issue on the sd card image? have you installed the newest chainminer?
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
October 20, 2013, 10:11:47 AM
Hi everybody..

my 8 Cards are running the last weeks very stable and with no problems. now after a reboot, the put.log shows that i have 12 boards and many miso and spi errors...
i have changed the m-boards, but same results. i also installed the miner new. someone has an idea?!

I had the same experience and I contacted punin for this.
He will receive 2 M-boards from me this week (tomorrow/Tuesday) so he can investigate what's going on.
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
October 20, 2013, 06:35:16 AM
Hi everybody..

Pages:
Jump to: