Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD] - page 4. (Read 187271 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
I do not see a place to monotor the temp other then by feel am I missing something?

You can't. The miner utilises the fan PWM sensor to make sure there is cooling there. If the cooling stops, it stops mining. This is the same reason why you're house fan is unlikely to work as it won't know there is a fan there.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Respect All Fear None
I do not see a place to monotor the temp other then by feel am I missing something?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
can I use a big house hold fan for now? do you think that will run it fine?

couldn't hurt to try, just make sure you monitor the temps Wink
Respect All Fear None
can I use a big house hold fan for now? do you think that will run it fine?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
OK thanks, Now I have encountered a third problem. I noticed one of the cubes after 10 min started to drop form 30 to 12MH then went I went in the room the fan was not running and it was super hot. I let it cool and now when i plug it in it powers up but fan dose not?

Fan is dead, replace it. Must be 3 pin.
Respect All Fear None
OK thanks, Now I have encountered a third problem. I noticed one of the cubes after 10 min started to drop form 30 to 12MH then went I went in the room the fan was not running and it was super hot. I let it cool and now when i plug it in it powers up but fan dose not?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
There's no errors there. Warning isn't an error, its a 'state report'. Like your car saying "now I'm going forwards".
Respect All Fear None
also I have 3 cubes hooked up to a 850watt power supply and it keeps shutting the power supply off after 5 min is this because the power supply can not handel it?

Most likely yes...I believe each Cube will draw +/-350W on High clock

Thanks that fixed it

You bet mate

Don't forget to check out MultiMiner
http://www.multiminerapp.com/

There is also a coordinating app for monitoring your miners from afar
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.natewoolls.mobileminerapp

Thanks I will look into multi miner now I have one other question you might be able to help me with I am getting this now in my logs is this a error ?

2014-05-27 19:12:31,719 INFO proxy jobs.submit # Submitting d9a9ef73
2014-05-27 19:12:31,719 WARNING proxy getwork_listener._on_submit # [0ms] Share
from 'robmob.3' accepted, diff 16
2014-05-27 19:12:31,740 INFO proxy getwork_listener._on_authorized # Worker 'rob
mob.2' asks for new work
2014-05-27 19:12:31,747 INFO proxy jobs.submit # Submitting 8e664061
2014-05-27 19:12:31,749 WARNING proxy getwork_listener._on_submit # [0ms] Share
from 'robmob.3' accepted, diff 16
2014-05-27 19:12:31,770 INFO proxy getwork_listener._on_authorized # Worker 'rob
mob.2' asks for new work
2014-05-27 19:12:31,828 INFO proxy getwork_listener._on_authorized # Worker 'rob
mob.2' asks for new work
2014-05-27 19:12:31,842 INFO proxy getwork_listener._on_authorized # Worker 'rob
mob.1' asks for new work
2014-05-27 19:12:31,869 INFO proxy jobs.submit # Submitting a6aa62c2
2014-05-27 19:12:31,871 WARNING proxy getwork_listener._on_submit # [1ms] Share
from 'robmob.1' accepted, diff 16
2014-05-27 19:12:31,874 INFO proxy getwork_listener._on_authorized # Worker 'rob
mob.2' asks for new work
legendary
dogiecoin.com
also I have 3 cubes hooked up to a 850watt power supply and it keeps shutting the power supply off after 5 min is this because the power supply can not handel it?

Thanks that fixed it

You bet mate

Yep, that's way too much.
3D Printed!

Thanks that fixed it

You bet mate

Respect All Fear None
Respect All Fear None
Thanks that fixed it
3D Printed!
Can someone help me I am having a hard time getting my cubes to connnect to stratum and mine

This is my settings for the cube miner

I have a batch file that opens the stratum proxy using this code

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Proxy
mining_proxy.exe -o us1.ghash.io -p 3333

and I am getting these errors  

2014-05-27 16:36:33,032 WARNING protocol protocol.dataReceived # Failed message:
 Cannot decode message 'POST / HTTP/1.1' from 192.168.2.102
2014-05-27 16:36:33,033 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 5 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
2014-05-27 16:36:33,033 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 6 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
2014-05-27 16:36:33,039 WARNING protocol protocol.dataReceived # Failed message:
 Cannot decode message 'POST / HTTP/1.1' from 192.168.2.103
2014-05-27 16:36:33,040 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 5 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
2014-05-27 16:36:33,042 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 6 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
2014-05-27 16:36:33,042 WARNING protocol protocol.dataReceived # Failed message:

Try 8332 as your pool ports. That is what my Cube was using.
What mining software/proxy are you running? I highly suggest MultiMiner
Respect All Fear None
Can someone help me I am having a hard time getting my cubes to connnect to stratum and mine

This is my settings for the cube miner

I have a batch file that opens the stratum proxy using this code

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Proxy
mining_proxy.exe -o us1.ghash.io -p 3333

and I am getting these errors  

2014-05-27 16:36:33,032 WARNING protocol protocol.dataReceived # Failed message:
2014-05-27 16:36:33,033 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 5 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
2014-05-27 16:36:33,033 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 6 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
2014-05-27 16:36:33,039 WARNING protocol protocol.dataReceived # Failed message:
 Cannot decode message 'POST / HTTP/1.1' from 192.168.2.103
2014-05-27 16:36:33,040 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 5 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
2014-05-27 16:36:33,042 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 6 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
2014-05-27 16:36:33,042 WARNING protocol protocol.dataReceived # Failed message:
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
That would seem to be an over current condition.  The change of a few degrees shouldnt be enough to melt the plastic on the fuse unless you notice that the case is getting really hot.  Then you should check that the fan is running.  Dogie has some info about reversing the fan for better air flow but i would suspect that the fan is not running and thats what is causing the build up of heat,  the other option would be that the socket for the fuse is loose and causing high resistance.  Was there a good amount of resistance when you replaced the fuse?

If ever a Bitmain customer needs help call the help line at 844-BIT-MAIN

http://dcmco-op.com/?ref=Drizzik  fully endorses BITMAIN..  No Lazy Ants Here!!!

Fan was running when I found the fuse like that. Could have stopped at some point and started again? I had trouble pulling the fuse out and had to use pliers to get it out.  I had all the power disconnected at the time.  It was also difficult to push the new fuse in.

I thought this was weird though.  I plugged the miner back in without the fuse and the fan kicked on. Didn't mine though.  I turned it back off and put the fuse in. It started mining.  Is that normal?
The key part is: "I had trouble pulling the fuse out and had to use pliers". Best bet is that there was a bad connection between the fuse and the fuse connector causing heat. The heat "welded"the fuse to the fuse connector. When a fuse gets hot the fuse link melts--at a low temperature, that is how they work. If there is heat it is the fuse connection.

In my case I noticed that the fuse was to hot to hold my finger on. That was caused by a bad connection between the fuse and fuse connector. Later the fuse was cool but the fuse was "welded: to the fuse connector--could not bee removed with my fingers.

Insure that the fuse has a good/tight mechanical connection to the fuse connector and is not hot.

Don't blame the dust, it is your friend protecting your equipment.

I've been checking it all day on and off and last night since it happened. Everything seems to be running fine.  Looks like it's happened to a few people out of the blue as well from the comments above.  I'm gonna chalk it up as a fluke or that maybe the fuse over time vibrated itself loose.

I've worked around car audio for years and have never seen a fuse melt like that while not blowing.

I'd like to thank everyone for your help and information, much appreciated.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
I too blew [aka melted] a fuse on a unit which had been running perfectly for 3 months. I had disassembled it to take the new HD pictures and put it back together. The fuse melted within a few hours, but the unit was absolutely fine with a replacement. Could have been static, could have been bad placement of the fuse (doubtful), who knows. What we do know is the fuse is pretty close to the max power of the fuse.

Its also nothing to do with fans, the Cube has PWM detection and will stop hashing if the fan fails. You can test this yourself (please dont).

I think the important part is: "disassembled it to take the new HD pictures and put it back together". That means that the fuse probably did not have a good connection when it was replaced and overheated due to a poor fuse/connector connection. By replacing the fuse the next fuse had a better connection and survived.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
That would seem to be an over current condition.  The change of a few degrees shouldnt be enough to melt the plastic on the fuse unless you notice that the case is getting really hot.  Then you should check that the fan is running.  Dogie has some info about reversing the fan for better air flow but i would suspect that the fan is not running and thats what is causing the build up of heat,  the other option would be that the socket for the fuse is loose and causing high resistance.  Was there a good amount of resistance when you replaced the fuse?

If ever a Bitmain customer needs help call the help line at 844-BIT-MAIN

http://dcmco-op.com/?ref=Drizzik  fully endorses BITMAIN..  No Lazy Ants Here!!!

Fan was running when I found the fuse like that. Could have stopped at some point and started again? I had trouble pulling the fuse out and had to use pliers to get it out.  I had all the power disconnected at the time.  It was also difficult to push the new fuse in.

I thought this was weird though.  I plugged the miner back in without the fuse and the fan kicked on. Didn't mine though.  I turned it back off and put the fuse in. It started mining.  Is that normal?

A key part: "the other option would be that the socket for the fuse is loose and causing high resistance."

Another key part: "I had trouble pulling the fuse out and had to use pliers".
Best bet is that there was a bad connection between the fuse and the fuse connector causing heat. The heat "welded"the fuse to the fuse connector. When a fuse gets hot the fuse link melts--at a low temperature, that is how they work. If there is heat it is the fuse connection.

In my case I noticed that the fuse was to hot to hold my finger on. That was caused by a bad connection between the fuse and fuse connector. Later the fuse was cool but the fuse was "welded: to the fuse connector--could not bee removed with my fingers.

Insure that the fuse has a good/tight mechanical connection to the fuse connector and is not hot.

Don't blame the fuse, it is your friend protecting your equipment.
3D Printed!
Weird. I checked in on my cube today and found the fuse all melted, still worked though.  Then this thread shows up in my "Show new replies to your posts."

I had the same thing happen to my cube, was working fine, came back a couple of hours later and the fuse was smoked, cooked the main board pads. I had to solder an external wired fuse holder in to get it working (it actually cooked holes through the fiberglass main board).
I doubt it is caused by an over supply, that should just blow the fuse. In my case I suspect a faulty connection that caused the fuse holder to over heat.
I too blew [aka melted] a fuse on a unit which had been running perfectly for 3 months. I had disassembled it to take the new HD pictures and put it back together. The fuse melted within a few hours, but the unit was absolutely fine with a replacement. Could have been static, could have been bad placement of the fuse (doubtful), who knows. What we do know is the fuse is pretty close to the max power of the fuse.

Its also nothing to do with fans, the Cube has PWM detection and will stop hashing if the fan fails. You can test this yourself (please dont).

Likewise. The fuse fried/melted within a month of my Cube's life. Replaced the fuse and all was good. Sold my Cube awhile back!
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Weird. I checked in on my cube today and found the fuse all melted, still worked though.  Then this thread shows up in my "Show new replies to your posts."

I had the same thing happen to my cube, was working fine, came back a couple of hours later and the fuse was smoked, cooked the main board pads. I had to solder an external wired fuse holder in to get it working (it actually cooked holes through the fiberglass main board).
I doubt it is caused by an over supply, that should just blow the fuse. In my case I suspect a faulty connection that caused the fuse holder to over heat.

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: