Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Tube Setup [HD] - page 2. (Read 35126 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Well
stratum-lb-usa48.btcguild.com - this one was working now not working
I try stratum.bitcoin.czagain and everything is working OK again.
Thank you hedgy73! Grin

How come this is the only one that work?
Are there any more pools that work?
Yes trid with:
stratum-lb-usa48.btcguild.com - this one was working
also try stratum.bitcoin.cz just to see if this is the problem.
But no now its rebooting every 2Min!!!
No I dont think its anything to do with the pools.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
I had ASICMiner Tube 800+ GHs for the last 3 month, now the controller's rebooting every 2Min.
the controller's is working OK when not connecting to the miner, but the moment I connecting it to the miner its start rebooting every 2 Min.
Any idea?
Please HELP!

Have you tried a different pool? I know they only work on a few. I used mine on bitcoinaffiliatenetwork, bitcoin.cz or solomining.com (currently down for maintenance).
I had ASICMiner Tube 800+ GHs for the last 3 month, now the controller's rebooting every 2Min.
the controller's is working OK when not connecting to the miner, but the moment I connecting it to the miner its start rebooting every 2 Min.
Any idea?
Please HELP!
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
Does anyone have a tube just sitting around gathering dust? I'm interested in getting one more hash board from a tube. Currently have 2 tubes but only 7 hash boards (sent one for rma, but that process is completely stalled). I'm not willing to pay much, but maybe we can work something out and I can help de-clutter your house. Please pm me if interested.

I've got a fully operating Tube if that helps, would be sold though.

If you'll sell me the tube for .3 BTC shipped its a deal.
legendary
I was thinking how to kill the ebay seller, but now I can just thank him. May be apologise in mind. Smiley
Sorry for my shaky English.
Doggie, thank you for your efforts here.

Glad you got it sorted in the end baykan Smiley

Best thing I did with mine was change the big noisy fan for 2 x Corsair high performance fans. The noise reduced by probably 80% - 90%.

Best pools I found for my tubes were bitcoin.cz, bitcoinaffiliatenetwork and solomining.com. They would run for days perfectly unless there was a problem with the pool.

This was using the standard block erupter controller.

I too would like to publically thank dogie for his guides and constantly trying to help people on here, he helped me out a lot with mine and for that I'm very grateful Smiley.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Dear members,

I have started mining with Butterfly Labs 2x50GH/s miners last summer. Then I have switched to 3 S3+ miners.
Now I bought a Asicminer Tube 800 from ebay. I would like to share some experience with you guys.

Power adapter for the block erupter is 12V , 1A. It had a UK plug type power adapter which was broken during shipping.
Her in Turkey we use Franch type plugs. Luckly I had an extra 12V 1A one. Smiley

Asicminer 800 has 4 boards, 8 power sockets, 2 sockets on each board to fill. I have used one socket from each board.
Because I'm not planning to overclock. I used two 600Watt power supplies. One is 80+, one is not (a regular one).
But accidentally I have used one cable which had two connectors daisy chained at the end. Cable has burned.
Luckly again, no damage to boards. I replaced the power supply. This time I used different cables from the power supply. I took the PCI-E conector from the burned one and added to the new PSU.

After managing how to setup the pool from 192.168.0.254:8000, I had a weird problem.
I was trying to use eclipsemc.com pool. This miner did not work with it. I read everthing on the internet.
As I learned Slush, Ghash.io and some other pools work with this miner. Others not.

So I setup ghash.io and slush with no success. "with no success" means, the miner was starting to mine for some period of random time, let's say 2 hours, or 3 hours 15 minutes or more or less,
then the worker of the pool was droping to something around 50GH/s. I would nearly quit. Bu after reading this forum I decided to use a proxy (although it's not needed), I was feeling suspicious about the Block Erupter thing. Whenever I started to use Slush pools proxy everthing started to run perfect.
This requires a dedicated computer.

I was thinking how to kill the ebay seller, but now I can just thank him. May be apologise in mind. Smiley
Sorry for my shaky English.
Doggie, thank you for your efforts here.
legendary
Anyone tried overclocking these? What were your results?

Anything past 300 clock speed is strongly not recommended, and 300 requires a proper PSU.

I agree, I was running mine on a Corsair RM1000 @ 290 and getting about 850GH/s. At 300 it would reach 900GH/s but the psu would cut out after a short while because its pulling over 1000w.

You'd probably want a good quality 1200w+ to run @ 300 but I'm not sure if the extra GH is worth the extra power consumption and more expensive psu.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Anything past 300 clock speed is strongly not recommended, and 300 requires a proper PSU.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Does anyone have a tube just sitting around gathering dust? I'm interested in getting one more hash board from a tube. Currently have 2 tubes but only 7 hash boards (sent one for rma, but that process is completely stalled). I'm not willing to pay much, but maybe we can work something out and I can help de-clutter your house. Please pm me if interested.

I've got a fully operating Tube if that helps, would be sold though.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Is it even possible to use the Asictube as the primary (host)
on a Block Erupter controller

Lots of questions here, let me know if I miss any.

1) If you run a Tube and Prisma on the same controller then you'll have to run them both at the same speed, ie either the Tube at Prisma speeds or the Prisma at Tube speeds (not advisable).
2) I am unsure if there is any other conflicts that would occur so can't advise if its possible, just that its not advisable.
3) I do not believe that which A-B arrangement matters, I've not had problems either way.
4) The only requirement in the numbering is that every board has a unique order. Its advisable to keep each miner sequential so you know which physical miner is providing reported results.
5) Please note that the switches have a different arrangement (see Prisma thread) even though they look the same. This may be the reason the two types aren't playing together.

Use a second controller to control the Prismas.
Activity: 54
Hi,

If anyone can help me with this that would be great!

Is it even possible to use the Asictube as the primary (host)
on a Block Erupter controller

With a Prisma (2nd on daisy chain from the Asictube)

Followed by another Prisma (3rd on daisy chain)

This is what I'm trying to accomplish.

As of typing this..

If the Asictube is standalone (last white cable is not connected to anything)
Then the Asictube will fire up and mine just fine.

I have two used Prisma's now that I bought on eBay..

Been trying to daisy chain them.
I also have the Rasberry Pi controller with Minerva... but I'm not even sure how to configure that (prefer not to if it can be avoided)
It came with the two Prisma's I ordered.

I have tested all the leads for 12 volts (using mulitmeter) so we can rule that option out in troubleshooting.

I've been using this guide at beginning of thread (and the one for Prisma)

Board Configuration:

Here's another part I'm not certain about. Perhaps someone knows answer to this..
When linking those white cable's (A to B > A to B > A to B... or however it's written on boards as long as they alternate)

I'm pretty sure I start from the one closest to fan power connection.
I know the Asictube is lined up correctly because it operates when not on daisy chain.

The Prisma I believe starts from the fan and alternates (those are labeled x51 and x52; but I checked and at least made sure they all alternate)

Another gray area.. (not sure here either)
For the switches (1 through 5 toggles on each switch)
Does it matter which BOARD I start with?
Does it matter which BOARD goes second in the series (do they even have to be in a series)?

I think the guide says BOARD1, BOARD2, etc... but how do I know which is BOARD1, BOARD2, etc...?

When setting it up; I just started from the bottom board.. (not sure if that's 1,2,3, or 4...)
then I set that up as board1 (IAW the layout on Dogie's guide)
then moving clockwise I assigned the next board as board2 (IAW toggle guide)
and so forth...

I did the same thing on the Prisma...

So result is..

when I run Asictube alone; the 4 boards show up on the network and start mining
when I run Asictube + Prisma1 on daisy chain...... nothing shows up at all.....

any advice or support ... any help at all... much appreciated!!

Please ask me anything to help come to a solution (pictures, configuration, etc)
Activity: 136
I have managed to get bfgminer working as a proxy reliably for weeks at a time.

Usually if it has issues, it's not bfgminer but the pool problems.

It's on a ubuntu VM though and not a raspberry pi.
Activity: 173
Thx hedgy I'm going to check that out.  I'm looking to get a rpi just for the fun of it. There was a post in the fish pool that said the tubes would work using bfgminer but I haven't been able to get it to work or confirm that anyone else has. 

If by "work with bfgminer" you mean that they can run off of bfgminer using a usb adapter, I cannot confirm that, haven't even checked. 

If you mean that you can use bfgminer as a proxy, than I can confirm first that it works, and secondly that you will probably not get bfgminer to run more than an hour or so at a time as a tube proxy without crashing.  I haven't heard of anyone getting bfgminer to work reliably as a proxy.

--
novak
legendary
Thx hedgy I'm going to check that out.  I'm looking to get a rpi just for the fun of it. There was a post in the fish pool that said the tubes would work using bfgminer but I haven't been able to get it to work or confirm that anyone else has. 

No problem Smiley. Same here with the rpi, been looking around not sure which one to get to be honest as I haven't had one before...

I'm not sure about bfgminer I'm afraid but like cgminer so that'll do me Cheesy.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
legendary
Glad you got it sorted, its pretty easy to get the pool details wrong, I've done it enough times Wink.

Don't know whether you're interested but there's a couple of threads where Novac has built a usb controller for tubes and prismas which will allow you to use these on any pool I think rather than the select few available at the moment. They will control your tube via a pc, raspberry pi or beaglebone using cgminer. This replaces the tubes original controller with inherent problems.

The DIY thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-tubeprisma-usb-adapter-from-usb-blockerupter-857048 and the group buy thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unofficial-usb-adapters-for-asicminer-tubeprisma-882348.

I've ordered myself some, they're dirt cheap (only $4.50 ea.) and he sorts out very reasonable shipping rates. I'm getting 3 sent to the UK with economy shipping for 0.0635 which I think is very good.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Wow so after mining with this thing for 2.5 days I think my controller just shit the bed.  It won't mine and the ping is totally inconsistent...just drops off for about a minute...then comes back...then drops off... rinse/repeat.

So now I have a dead soldier until I can research & get some kind of replacement....less than one week from Christmas...nice.

That could also happen if its not mining / pool / network settings have gone back. The units reset every ~100 seconds when no mining is detected.

Well at least I'm not someone who has been in the IT industry for 20+ years...ohh wait.....

yeaaaa.....it's fine.  I fat fingered the dam pool and it was just rebooting cause wrong.
Still kinda sux that it does that but I have to take the blame for this one  Embarrassed

on the plus side (when you don't *k up the config) it hashes like a beast.  I compromised on my PSU setup and am running two Thermaltake 850's and it seems pretty happy.  Stock clock (270) she is pulling 900w through an APC 1500 and all cables and plugs are cool to the touch.  Still wish I had a temp reading on the boards but I thought I noticed someone had an IR app for an android...gotta see if there is one for the iPhone.
Pages:
Jump to: