Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Tube Setup [HD] - page 4. (Read 35126 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Hi dogie,
like always: thanks dogie! Your guids are extremly helpful!

I'd just have another question: Can I control my this miner with another device as the BE Controller?

Thanks in advance
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
Can anyone please tell me what difficulty they use? I'm not sure whether it should be 512 or 1024?

Either, will make no difference.

Ok thanks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Can anyone please tell me what difficulty they use? I'm not sure whether it should be 512 or 1024?

Either, will make no difference.
legendary
legendary
If anyone can help that would be great Smiley.

I've changed the front stock fan on one of my tubes for 2 Corsair fans, one front, one rear. I did this to reduce noise in my small office which it has done by probably 80%.

I'm wondering because the stock ( front ) fan is 110 cfm and I've swapped it for 2 Corsair air series SP120 PWM high performance edition high pressure fans ( front and rear in push / pull configuration ) each rated at 62.74 cfm whether I'm getting better cooling / airflow because 62.75 x 2 = 125.5 or is it still cooling less than the stock fan?

I cant imagine having 2 x 62.75 fans one in front of the other would double airflow. I'm assuming the airflow would stay the same for some reason Huh

Any help appreciated.

Two things at play here, the relationship between cfm and pressure, and two in series. A fan acts the same as a pump when its on that enclosed heatsink.

Fans are rating at a cfm for a certain static pressure it has to overcome. In the case of the stock fan, it likely had a higher than normal resistance through the length of the tube and so was running at a lower cfm than 110. In the case of the 2x Corsairs, its likely they had much less of a reduction as they're both doing ~half the work to overcome the static pressure.

When pumps are run in series, head pressure goes up and the flow rate slightly. In our system, this means a minor/moderate increase in cfm and much less reduction in cfm from static pressure.

tldr, both systems will meet in the middle (110 down, 63 up), but its hard to tell what the middle is.

Thanks again for your time and detailed reply, that makes perfect sense Smiley

Here is a link to a working setup using a random CP2102

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9597271

Have fun.

Thanks for the link nice use of the fan Smiley. On a side note I'd make sure none of that wiring is near anything flammable Wink. When modifying wiring be extra careful with location because it can cause a fire risk unless you know what you're doing and its done to a high standard.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Here is a link to a working setup using a random CP2102

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9597271

Have fun.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

I've changed the front stock fan on one of my tubes for 2 Corsair fans, one front, one rear. I did this to reduce noise in my small office which it has done by probably 80%.

I'm wondering because the stock ( front ) fan is 110 cfm and I've swapped it for 2 Corsair air series SP120 PWM high performance edition high pressure fans ( front and rear in push / pull configuration ) each rated at 62.74 cfm whether I'm getting better cooling / airflow because 62.75 x 2 = 125.5 or is it still cooling less than the stock fan?

I cant imagine having 2 x 62.75 fans one in front of the other would double airflow. I'm assuming the airflow would stay the same for some reason Huh

Any help appreciated.

Two things at play here, the relationship between cfm and pressure, and two in series. A fan acts the same as a pump when its on that enclosed heatsink.

Fans are rating at a cfm for a certain static pressure it has to overcome. In the case of the stock fan, it likely had a higher than normal resistance through the length of the tube and so was running at a lower cfm than 110. In the case of the 2x Corsairs, its likely they had much less of a reduction as they're both doing ~half the work to overcome the static pressure.

When pumps are run in series, head pressure goes up and the flow rate slightly. In our system, this means a minor/moderate increase in cfm and much less reduction in cfm from static pressure.

tldr, both systems will meet in the middle (110 down, 63 up), but its hard to tell what the middle is.
legendary

Any help appreciated.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100

What do you mean by "USB Adapter" ? Is there a way to replace the BE Controller with an USB Controller ?

Regards
Stefan

Yes, but good luck getting them from ASICMiner.  It's basically the same as any other CP2102 USB-UART adapter except for a 1K resistor on the RXD line.  I have a diy thread covering how to build one.  We're also considering building a batch if enough people are interested.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-tubeprisma-usb-adapter-from-usb-blockerupter-857048

--
novak
legendary
dogiecoin.com
What do you mean by "USB Adapter" ? Is there a way to replace the BE Controller with an USB Controller ?

Be patient, Prisma guide is coming.
Activity: 792
Merit: 501
Hi Dogie,

looks like you are the one with the most knowledge about the Tube / Asicminer. I hope it's ok to write you a PM - I didn't found an Answer in all the threads to my Problem.

I bought 3 used asicminer tubes with BE-Controller for each. The run fine 24h in a pool like ghas.io but when I try to run a proxy based on BFGMiner , no difference if windows or linux, the miner or the controller suddelny stops workig. Sometimes the setup recovers on it's own, sometimes I have to unpower the controller and sometimes I have to unpower controller and the tubes.

If this happens only the first LED is flashing on the controller.

Do you have a hint what I could check or modify ?!

As a side note - do you know what "Smart" means on the Controller setup Page ?

Thanks
Stefan

BFG proxy cutting out requiring a controller reboot is a known problem unfortunately, no solution.

Ignore smart/normal, we don't need it (and not actually sure what it is).

So the best sollution is use a supported pool - or use another proxy like ckpool ?

I like the ncurse Interface in BFGMiner - ist it possible to use proxy chaining ?

Regards
Stefan

Support pool, or find an asicminer usb adapter and use cgminer on a Pi or windows PC.

You mean find a working USB adapter...

Regards
Stefan
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Hi Dogie,

looks like you are the one with the most knowledge about the Tube / Asicminer. I hope it's ok to write you a PM - I didn't found an Answer in all the threads to my Problem.

I bought 3 used asicminer tubes with BE-Controller for each. The run fine 24h in a pool like ghas.io but when I try to run a proxy based on BFGMiner , no difference if windows or linux, the miner or the controller suddelny stops workig. Sometimes the setup recovers on it's own, sometimes I have to unpower the controller and sometimes I have to unpower controller and the tubes.

Thanks
Stefan

BFG proxy cutting out requiring a controller reboot is a known problem unfortunately, no solution.

So the best sollution is use a supported pool - or use another proxy like ckpool ?

I like the ncurse Interface in BFGMiner - ist it possible to use proxy chaining ?

Regards
Stefan

Support pool, or find an asicminer usb adapter and use cgminer on a Pi or windows PC.

You mean find a working USB adapter...
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hi Dogie,

Thanks
Stefan

Regards
Stefan

Supported pool, or find an asicminer usb adapter and use cgminer on a Pi or windows PC.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Is there any way of telling operating temperature of these do you know? I can't see it in software stats anywhere.

No that's why you have to be careful, BE200s don't have onboard thermal sensors.

Ok thanks I thought that might have been the case.

RE your PM about airflow, anything we put on will be less than the stock as the stock prioritises low temperatures over anything else. That doesn't mean that our solution isn't sufficient though.

Yes that makes sense really, I'm sure most people aren't bothered by the noise especially if its in a 'mining facility'.

To be honest I'm absolutely amazed in the reduction in noise now with the 2 Corsair fans over the stock fan. Thank you so much for suggesting the idea!

I'd say the noise has reduced by 80% and is now hardly noticeable in the corner of my small office. As I mentioned before the stock fan was giving me a headache after half an hour being in the room.

Try living with an SP10 10m away from you for 4 months.
legendary
Is there any way of telling operating temperature of these do you know? I can't see it in software stats anywhere.

No that's why you have to be careful, BE200s don't have onboard thermal sensors.

RE your PM about airflow, anything we put on will be less than the stock as the stock prioritises low temperatures over anything else. That doesn't mean that our solution isn't sufficient though.

Yes that makes sense really, I'm sure most people aren't bothered by the noise especially if its in a 'mining facility'.

To be honest I'm absolutely amazed in the reduction in noise now with the 2 Corsair fans over the stock fan. Thank you so much for suggesting the idea!

I'd say the noise has reduced by 80% and is now hardly noticeable in the corner of my small office. As I mentioned before the stock fan was giving me a headache after half an hour being in the room.
Activity: 792
Merit: 501
Hi Dogie,

Thanks
Stefan

Regards
Stefan
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hi Dogie,

Thanks
Stefan

legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary

legendary
dogiecoin.com

Pages:
Jump to: