Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Tube Setup [HD] - page 7. (Read 35126 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000
typo

you can use 5V or 12V
but amperage must be at least 12W so 5V 2.5A or 12V 1A

Can one use 12v 2A?  Or just stick with 12v 1A?  

essentially, will this work:  http://www.amazon.com/Amamax-Wall-Adapter-Power-Supply/dp/B006GEPUYA/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1411076631&sr=1-6&keywords=12v+power+supply

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Dogie can you send instructions on how to set up an 800 GH ASIC tube from ASIC puppy?

Thats what the entire first post is.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
How much airflow do you think these need? I have a quiet fan I attached, but the flow is very minimal compared to stock...

As much as stock provides really, remember we're removing 800-900W of heat with a single 120mm fan. Thats 3x what the Cube was doing and more than any other miner on the market. The Cube's stock fan is already on the lower side of airflow compared to what other OEMs are using, I really wouldn't recommend lowering it if you want your boards to last any amount of time.

Dogie can you send instructions on how to set up an 800 GH ASIC tube from ASIC puppy?
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
relax...  Smiley

I can't follow your argumentation. 50btc, pirate both was big, anybody got BTC back?

yes the pool is small but online since 27-07-2011 without any payout problems (afaik)
I have nothing to do with that pool. I only wanted to point out that there are more pools working fine.

You wrote that the BE controller is only working with "the pools below", what is simply wrong.
So I thought you dont know about that pool, only wanted to help make your guide more comprehensive  Smiley

legendary
dogiecoin.com
The pool is working stable for long time. Then pls change to "my favorit pools" or something, "Only the below pools.."
is wrong. And don't we want a decentralised mining environment Huh

If people buy cheap 12V PSU it is more likely that they blow it up...closer to Vmax Wink Wink

Holy fuck, another way I'm clearly biased everything everything under the universe. Its not my favourite pools. Its too easy for the smaller pools to do devious things because they're too small to warrant doing anything against them if they turn sour. If I steal $200 from you, are you going to spend $2,000 on lawyers just to find me? No. If A pool steals $200,000 from clients, are they going to group up and spend $2,000 to find the administrators? They sure are.

There is a size of pool at which I'm not willing to put my name against and recommend because its my opinion that the risks become to great to users. I'm not going to expose my users to that risk.
yxt
legendary
The pool is working stable for long time. Then pls change to "my favorit pools" or something, "Only the below pools.."
is wrong. And don't we want a decentralised mining environment Huh

If people buy cheap 12V PSU it is more likely that they blow it up...closer to Vmax Wink Wink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
have you any problems with controller ?

today i noticed strange thing
after software reboot (to clean some ----) i got all boards at test but 0 hashrate
only hard reboot of controller helped (power off and  power on)

maybe it is overheating? ambient temp 26 celsius Smiley
legendary
dogiecoin.com
More likely to drop out at 5V as well.

I can't confirm this.

btw there is another pool working with the BE Controller

btcmp.com
rr.btcmp.com:3333

I'm not saying it will drop out, but if people buy cheaper 5V PSUs then it is much more likely to drop out compared to 12V as you're much closer to the minimum vreg input. Pool is too small for me to list.
yxt
legendary
More likely to drop out at 5V as well.

I can't confirm this.

btw there is another pool working with the BE Controller

btcmp.com
rr.btcmp.com:3333
legendary
dogiecoin.com
assuming 3 tubes can be plugged into one controller......does each tube need a individual IP, or just one for the controller?  

I can confirm that 3 tubes work off one controller. You just need to set them all to the correct ID's and chain them correctly and they'll come up.

chain them to eachother?

I am trying to avoid that.

I want to plug three tubes directly into the 3 ports on the controller.  

You have to chain them, only the one port works [that I know of].
Activity: 826
°^°
quick question about the now assembled shipped ones:

do they come with cables eachself?
because i got only 7 long and 5 short ones in the controller box
legendary
assuming 3 tubes can be plugged into one controller......does each tube need a individual IP, or just one for the controller? 

I can confirm that 3 tubes work off one controller. You just need to set them all to the correct ID's and chain them correctly and they'll come up.

chain them to eachother?

I am trying to avoid that.

I want to plug three tubes directly into the 3 ports on the controller. 
Activity: 566

legendary
dogiecoin.com
typo

you can use 5V or 12V

This. More likely to drop out at 5V as well.
Activity: 728
cryptoshark
typo

you can use 5V or 12V
Activity: 826
°^°
hey Dogie,

there is "5V" marked on my controllers

new low voltage version or just a typo?
legendary
dogiecoin.com

One for the controller

And 8 tubes can be plugged into 1 controller - if you wanted to.
Activity: 419
Merit: 250

One for the controller
legendary
legendary
dogiecoin.com
It will come up regardless of how well you assembled it (unless you sawed it in half). If its been bent or damaged then it will display this.

Try swapping the power round from another board.
Thanks, looks like its a dead board, it never came alive so rebooting doesn't help, and I get the same result no matter where it is powered (1 or 2 PCI-E).  There's no obvious physical damage.  Is there any reason why I couldn't run 3 together and try to RMA the single board?  Seems like it should work, and I'd rather have 3 going than nothing at all.  And it should be easier to OC 3 with a 1000W power supply.

You can send one back, yes.
Pages:
Jump to: