Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Tube Setup [HD] - page 9. (Read 35126 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
That must be by design in software.  Both devices have Ethernet connectivity.  An application could be deployed that could update the firmware

over tcp or ftp, if the software is already setup to do this.  The controller for the tubes has a "system" port, 7478 I believe.  Maybe that is for

updating the firmware (I hope!).

Oh okay, yes there is a chance you can update the controllers - I thought you were referring to the board firmwares. At the price of the controllers though, if ANYONE can get a fix and can ghetto hack a fix onto a controller they might as well buy a box and ship them out globally as they're cheap enough and cheap person only needs one.
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
That must be by design in software.  Both devices have Ethernet connectivity.  An application could be deployed that could update the firmware

over tcp or ftp, if the software is already setup to do this.  The controller for the tubes has a "system" port, 7478 I believe.  Maybe that is for

updating the firmware (I hope!).
legendary
dogiecoin.com
The DC/DC chip on ethernet controller handles inputs from 5 to 12V. We tested cases of 5V and 12V and both work.

We also tested the temperature using thermal pads and not using. There are only negligible differences. This is why we marked them as optional. On the other hand, the current thermal pad solution may introduce bubbles which worsens the temperature in some local area. So we do no install them by default, but still ship them along in case there is any rare situation when the back of PCB is damaged and becomes conductive.

thanks for the info.  how about a better gui on the controller?  2 auto switching pools  of my choice not  just the few that it allows .  Although a 2 pool auto switching  controller with ghash and mmpool would be better then what you sold us. I can not watch my gear 24/7/365 to switch pools if the pool crashes.

Oh thank you for compensation Canary gave it to me.

Once again...no response from FC on the GUI.

If you really think GHash.io is going to go down (along with 30% of the network), buy a $20 Pi and use BFGMiner as a passthrough proxy. You can set up as many redundant pools as you want for as many miners as you want if you set miner difficulty properly.

Sadly, to be expected.  If you recall, the BE blades where NEVER updated.  And everyone begged for stratum support.

They fundamentally weren't updatable without equipment no one has though, same here. See a USB port?
Sadly, to be expected.  If you recall, the BE blades where NEVER updated.  And everyone begged for stratum support.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
The DC/DC chip on ethernet controller handles inputs from 5 to 12V. We tested cases of 5V and 12V and both work.

We also tested the temperature using thermal pads and not using. There are only negligible differences. This is why we marked them as optional. On the other hand, the current thermal pad solution may introduce bubbles which worsens the temperature in some local area. So we do no install them by default, but still ship them along in case there is any rare situation when the back of PCB is damaged and becomes conductive.

thanks for the info.  how about a better gui on the controller?  2 auto switching pools  of my choice not  just the few that it allows .  Although a 2 pool auto switching  controller with ghash and mmpool would be better then what you sold us. I can not watch my gear 24/7/365 to switch pools if the pool crashes.

Once again...no response from FC on the GUI.

Thanks for the info, so if you don't use the thermal pads or any paste it won't void the boards warranty?

I did notice today when I pulled a bad board to send back to Canary the pad had developed 2 large bubbles in it and I had it good and flat when I installed it. Would you recommend not using it?

I installed my boards the same way you would install a cylinder head on an engine, center to end alternating sides.  I figure this will minimize

bubbles.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Nice guide as always mate. Love the pictures  Wink

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Nice guide as always mate. Love the pictures  Wink
Activity: 546

Thanks for the info, so if you don't use the thermal pads or any paste it won't void the boards warranty?

I did notice today when I pulled a bad board to send back to Canary the pad had developed 2 large bubbles in it and I had it good and flat when I installed it. Would you recommend not using it?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Really very good thankyou for this info we just recieved 5 units of these miners and waitng on rest of our order, i do want to comment the folowing,
1: packaging is not the best we recieved one unit with suport base bent and one of the R44 BUSTED.( i guess that board will not hash)
2: WE PAID FOR ASSEMBLED UNITS AND THEY SENT THERMAL PADS NOT INSTALLED.(to me that means no quality control !, i hope my units run well will advise)
As far as the erruptor is concerned i would like to verify , the ones i recieved say 5 volts input,( not 12v) please advise, and thankyou again for the most thorough guide in setup.
wait so do you need to unscrew all the boards or did you somehow get extra pads?

They are absolutely 12V and will not work at 12V. I have no idea who was responsible for labelling the cases as 5V.

Is that a misprint do you mean will not work at 5volt?

Here is the deal 1 device just one device the little silver controller device  that I want fc to program better
yeah that one absolutely  positively works at 5volts.

The 4 boards need pcie at 12 volts.

Here are my 2 running right now daisychained on 1 controller. I will take a photo.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Really very good thankyou for this info we just recieved 5 units of these miners and waitng on rest of our order, i do want to comment the folowing,
1: packaging is not the best we recieved one unit with suport base bent and one of the R44 BUSTED.( i guess that board will not hash)
2: WE PAID FOR ASSEMBLED UNITS AND THEY SENT THERMAL PADS NOT INSTALLED.(to me that means no quality control !, i hope my units run well will advise)
As far as the erruptor is concerned i would like to verify , the ones i recieved say 5 volts input,( not 12v) please advise, and thankyou again for the most thorough guide in setup.
wait so do you need to unscrew all the boards or did you somehow get extra pads?

They are absolutely 12V and will not work at 5V. I have no idea who was responsible for labelling the cases as 5V.
Activity: 546

Do not run without thermal pads!!!!

I am running two and I used the adapter that runs off your PSU, https://buyahash.com/shop/molex-4-pin-gridseed-power-plug-2-1mm-dc-barrel-plug/
Activity: 574
Great guide Dogie the pictures are amazing as always. Will you provide information on over clocking I see you have said it will achieve 920gh/s over clocked how stable is that?
Sometimes a good reboot is all that's needed.. Oh and a nice drop in ambient temperature.
thats the highest GH ive seen so far and one board is having problems lol

The stats are garbage, he was only running for 7 minutes but on 6000 difficulty. Thats the equivalent of 40 seconds on 500 difficulty.
Lol thanks
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Great guide Dogie the pictures are amazing as always. Will you provide information on over clocking I see you have said it will achieve 920gh/s over clocked how stable is that?
Sometimes a good reboot is all that's needed.. Oh and a nice drop in ambient temperature.
thats the highest GH ive seen so far and one board is having problems lol

The stats are garbage, he was only running for 7 minutes but on 6000 difficulty. Thats the equivalent of 40 seconds on 500 difficulty.
Activity: 574
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
The controller has an internal switching DC regulator, and works with a range of DC inputs. I've got controllers running both 5V and 12V with no issues.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100

I don't know about running them without thermal pads...  Usually in the PC space that's a big no-no.  Be careful.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: