Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Tube Setup [HD] - page 5. (Read 35126 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
Is there any way of telling operating temperature of these do you know? I can't see it in software stats anywhere.
legendary
Hey dogie great guide as always Smiley

Did anyone manage to find quieter fans for these? The standard one on my tube is driving me nuts Undecided

Quietening kit. Same for the Prisma as well.

Thank you very much Smiley. Do you recommend one on the front of each tube in place of the standard fan or both on one tube front and rear?

You might *just* be able to get away with one if you have a cold ambient but its really pushing it. I'd recommend two (one front one back), you'll get similar airflow but an acceptable, lower pitched noise.

That's great thanks very much, I've ordered what you recommended ( from ebay though as I had some paypal funds to use up ). I'll let you know how I get on with them.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Did anyone manage to find quieter fans for these? The standard one on my tube is driving me nuts Undecided

Thank you very much Smiley. Do you recommend one on the front of each tube in place of the standard fan or both on one tube front and rear?

You might *just* be able to get away with one if you have a cold ambient but its really pushing it. I'd recommend two (one front one back), you'll get similar airflow but an acceptable, lower pitched noise.
legendary

legendary
dogiecoin.com

legendary

legendary
dogiecoin.com
I have installed my PRISMA via BE controller
I have done all settings to the controller, changed gw and primary dns to the IP of the router, changed controller's IP to the router's class
Everything seems to work fine, I have entered the BTCGUILD stratrum server etc.

problem is : my PRISMA is running at 550 GH/S only
Why ?

Need screenshots
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
I have installed my PRISMA via BE controller
I have done all settings to the controller, changed gw and primary dns to the IP of the router, changed controller's IP to the router's class
Everything seems to work fine, I have entered the BTCGUILD stratrum server etc.

problem is : my PRISMA is running at 550 GH/S only
Why ?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I had mine do the same thing...controller was dead for me. You should try and get one of those USB adapters and use a Pi. The BE controllers are junk.
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!
I am having a problem all of a sudden..my be controller is not being recognized but the lights are coming on..? I have reset it and tried manually setting the address but I am still having no luck. Is it possible I fried this thing? It gets hot. I appreciate anyones feedback.

EDIT::I am getting blinking lights when eth is inserted..? I cannot find on network however..?
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
Pulled link as requested. I was wondering do you know if  FC plans to update the controller's software. To have an auto pool switch option like the antminer s-3's have?

You can do it manually via BFG proxy if its critical for now

The BFG proxy starts showing "error from bufferevent" and crashes the controller.

Known bug, only solution is to hard reset BFGMiner and the controller for now.
This doesn't occur with other pools? O.o
Any idea what triggers it?

Network solving a block it seems.  Had to switch to Ghash.io because of this.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Pulled link as requested. I was wondering do you know if  FC plans to update the controller's software. To have an auto pool switch option like the antminer s-3's have?

The BFG proxy starts showing "error from bufferevent" and crashes the controller.

I don't have more info on it as I didn't use BFG as a proxy, have to wait for others to comment.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Dogie, Do you have any info on the USB adapters that could be used with the Tube ?

I will not buy a Prisma, but I would like to use the USB adapter + Cubieboard with my two tubes.

Potentially in my Prisma guide if it comes with a USB adapter.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Dogie, Do you have any info on the USB adapters that could be used with the Tube ?

I will not buy a Prisma, but I would like to use the USB adapter + Cubieboard with my two tubes.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I lost a hashboard a few days ago.  Today I got a chance to pull it from the heat sink and find the burnt core.  Originally I thought I could cut it out (like the old avalons).  Instead I popped out R44, I lost 2 extra cores in doing this, but at least I have an operational hash board again.  I hope this is of use to someone out there.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hello , someone will have idea about what may be going to the board 11 which stopped working from one moment to another
http://i.imgur.com/5bW35r9l.png
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Please do a setup guide for the Prisma 1.4Th/s miner. Thank You.

Need Prisma first X_X Think friedcat is on holiday?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Please do a setup guide for the Prisma 1.4Th/s miner. Thank You.
Activity: 261
Merit: 257
Dogie, where we can keep hitting f5 to check for a new firmware ?

I THINK its at https://github.com/blockerupter/avr_hbc, but they'll publicise it once its ready.

Woah we're potentially getting a firmware update? That's good news.

I didn't say that at all? I was asked where I thought the repository was, so if it was to be published, where it would go up. I said I was guessing at the above link.

Probably not, I'm pretty sure that's not the firmware on the BE ethernet controller, its probably the firmware on the miner itself(I don't think the BE ethernet controller has an AVR chip but I think the miner does). The BE ethernet controller uses a PIC chip(should be this http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?product=PIC32MX795F512L). The closest repo for the BE ethernet controller seemed to be this one https://github.com/dyzz/picminer which is probably an earlier version. I'm not sure how you would go about upgrading the BE ethernet controller firmware other than with a PIC kit since it doesn't seem to have a built in flash feature unless the "system port" can be used for that.
Pages:
Jump to: