Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning - page 6. (Read 308626 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
My Gridseed after a day of work give a lower speed.
After disconnecting and connecting the USB speed restored.
Very uncomfortable every day to restart.
Prompt solution to this problem.

Prompt? This ain't customer service, bud....
Search FIFO BUFFERS and you will find the answer by READING this thread! Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Where from does HW errors stem from? Pools? Heat?

My modded gridseeds were perfect but since I connected to http://manicminer.in/ I've been getting hit with hw errors. I think.

I have difficulty set to 52 on my worker, for 507Kh/s per seed, 5 gridseeds.

Does anyone have any suggestions or questions?

Edit:
Gridseeds are cold to touch, maybe little warm but not hot or anything.

Edit2:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/can-anybody-explain-hw-errors-to-me-like-i-am-a-five-year-old-640603

Edit3:
Maybe they should be face opposite of this direction? But in theory they should stay cooler this way?

I am just really worried now I got one seed that popped off 3 hw errors another one 2 hardware errors all in 5 hours.

Prior was HW error 5,2 and 3 in 5 hours yesterday when ambient room temp was 80f.

HW errors come from both, either heat, or bad pool configuration (could also come from insufficient power supply, for example, or a misconfiguration in the miner software)

Your quantity of HW errors is nothing to worry about, I get the same from certain pools. Even with everything configured correctly, and mining in a good pool, I get a few HW errors every now and then.
Activity: 182
Yes, I work in Windows. How to check the settings of USB FIFO?
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

Check the USB FIFO setting...search the thread for this. I am assuming you are running Windows as this only seems to be a problem there.
Activity: 182
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
having some problems running 4 minis and 1 blade together with cgminer. Any suggestions? I'm using Windows XP.

What kind of problems? Have you tried the updated cgminer? Have you tried cpuminer? Are you giving enough power to your devices? Many things can be happening...
The best way I've gotten them to work so far is use cgminer for the blades and Sandor111's fork of CPUminer for the minis, but I'd like to get them all working in 1 instance and show correct hash rates. CGminer seems to be the best for the blades so that would be ideal. How do you do chips=40 & 5 in the bat file?
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
When trying to connect to Miningrigrentals.com service, cpuminer-gc3355 returns a "Unable to Resolve host http(null)" error.  I can connect to any other pool just fine.  I have emailed Miningrigrentals tech support and they were unable to diagnose any problem on their end.  Sandor, any ideas?  I saw earlier in this thread someone had the same exact issue trying to connect to Miningrigrentals servers.  Any help is appreciated!
I also spoke to someone at miningrigrentals.com and after discussing the issue through a support, I gave him remote access to my mining rig to diagnose the problem.  He noted that there seems to be a bug in the CPUminer code that causes a connection issue.  He described it as such:

Yes, Indeed a bug in the software,
My guess it's
if (url != sctx->url) {
free(sctx->url);
sctx->url = strdup(url);
}
This changes the client.reconnect port we give you back to the original, that's why it keeps trying to connect to port 3333 which is the main port that tells you which port is yours.
I'm going to have to try and get a local proxy software made for people who are having issues, For now Ive manually set your port in your config.  us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:50195 you'll get a different port on us-east, it should pop up in the window if you look at it, close your window and relaunch after putting in the new address and port.

Changing my port to 50195 worked for me but I suspect this might be different for you.  The port may show up in your window when you get the connection error, if it does - try changing the port (3333) in your config to the one displayed in your CPUminer window to see if you can connect.    Not sure if this helps or if Sandor can have a look at it for his next version.  

Personally, I'm very happy with CPUminer so far.  It runs rock solid and the autotune feature is awesome for maxing out each individual miner's hashrate.  It's definitely the best out of the 3 main miners for Gridseeds available.  It'd just be nice if it had an API like BFGminer and CGminer so that I could monitor it remotely in Windows...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
nst6563 did an awesome job on my gridseeds. modded 5 of them + coming to him the 6th one.

He did a wonderful job, this is the thread where we officially met > personal message.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7132786
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
having some problems running 4 minis and 1 blade together with cgminer. Any suggestions? I'm using Windows XP.

What kind of problems? Have you tried the updated cgminer? Have you tried cpuminer? Are you giving enough power to your devices? Many things can be happening...
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Hey Everyone, why is it worth it, to build your own mining rig?
I have been researching the field a bit, and some say it has become really difficult to mine, unless you build a super computer. Check out this video for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fwAseQoUCs
And the video is more than a year old.
I am sorry if my question is annoying, i just started to research the bitcoin mining methods and i am really a beginner... But if someone feels like clarifying it, i would really appreciate it Smiley

A noob
Activity: 110
Are there any TUTS on how to solo mine to a local wallet on the same machine Windows machine the Gridseed 5 chips are plugged into?  I keep getting stratum error messages when I point my miners to a wallet with Sandors CPUminer.
Try to use cgminer 3.7.2. i'm using cgminer now to solo mining.
when use sdcard and default app from hashra it's not working for solo.

Do you have any problems with Gridseed dropouts solo mining?  Are you mining locally,to your wallet, on the same computer or to another machine?  How is your BAT setup for this?
I don't have any problem solo mining with gridseed after change to cgminer 3.7.2.
I'm solo mining to my wallet that on different computer. cgminer command
cgminer --scrypt -o http://10.1.43.113:19451 -u ind3 -p e236da44 --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=863,chips=40

my wallet.conf
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
rpcuser=ind3
rpcpassword=e236da44
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=19451

that's all. don't use stratum+tcp for solo mining to your own wallet.

O.K I setup my config and Bat files..really not too different from solo mining with scrypt GPU CGminer.  CGminer reporting connected to 127.0.0.1:4200 no-suitable longpole detected.  However, I recall with the GPU solo mining my best share was reporting so I always knew how close to a block I had come.  Does this fork (cgminer-3-7-2-gridseed-windows-jmordica) report Best share?  I understand since I'm not pool mining that I won't be getting any accepted shares but the 0 in the Best share value field is throwing me off and making me think my GS aren't really hashing.  Can anyone give me any advice?

cgminer version 3.7.2 - Started: [2014-06-04 01:09:27]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(5s):723.3K (avg):631.2Kh/s | A:0  R:0  HW:0  WU:0.0/m
ST: 4  SS: 0  NB: 6  LW: 0  GF: 0  RF: 0
Connected to 127.0.0.1 diff 1.53M without LP as user Pumpanddump
Block: f203f854...  Diff:23  Started: [01:12:43]  Best share: 0
[P]ool management ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
GSD 0: 6D7213744857  850 MHz | 361.5K/361.2Kh/s | A:0 R:0 HW:0 WU:0.0/m
GSD 1: 6D90156D5057  850 MHz | 361.5K/361.2Kh/s | A:0 R:0 HW:0 WU:0.0/m
[2014-06-04 01:09:34] USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to install a WinUSB driver fo
[2014-06-04 01:10:37] Network diff set to 11
[2014-06-04 01:10:37] New block detected on network
[2014-06-04 01:11:08] Network diff set to 13
[2014-06-04 01:11:08] New block detected on network
[2014-06-04 01:11:40] Network diff set to 15
[2014-06-04 01:11:40] New block detected on network
[2014-06-04 01:12:11] Network diff set to 20
[2014-06-04 01:12:11] New block detected on network
[2014-06-04 01:12:43] Network diff set to 23
[2014-06-04 01:12:43] New block detected on network

BAT       cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:42000 -u redacted -p redacted --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,usefifo=0,chips=5 --hotplug 30

Potcoin config

rpcuser=redacted
rpcpassword=redacted
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcport=42000
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
gen=0
maxconnections=100
addnode=162.243.214.135
addnode=213.95.21.24
addnote=88.198.110.120
addnote=91.121.85.62
addnote=188.226.135.210
addnote=162.243.227.221
addnote=5.255.66.44
addnote=23.253.70.235
addnote=162.243.224.78
addnote=172.245.21.210
addnote=162.242.156.243
addnote=209.141.39.184
addnote=23.253.74.25
addnote=23.21.136.204
Activity: 186
When trying to connect to Miningrigrentals.com service, cpuminer-gc3355 returns a "Unable to Resolve host http(null)" error.  I can connect to any other pool just fine.  I have emailed Miningrigrentals tech support and they were unable to diagnose any problem on their end.  Sandor, any ideas?  I saw earlier in this thread someone had the same exact issue trying to connect to Miningrigrentals servers.  Any help is appreciated!
I'm in the same boat!  I like miningrigrentals' service but cannot connect with CPUminer either, which makes me sad because I've found the Gridseed mod for CPUminer to be the most stable and reliable out of all the Gridseed miners Sad
Activity: 445
When trying to connect to Miningrigrentals.com service, cpuminer-gc3355 returns a "Unable to Resolve host http(null)" error.  I can connect to any other pool just fine.  I have emailed Miningrigrentals tech support and they were unable to diagnose any problem on their end.  Sandor, any ideas?  I saw earlier in this thread someone had the same exact issue trying to connect to Miningrigrentals servers.  Any help is appreciated!
Activity: 86
Are there any measures I can take to minimise CPU usage of cpuminer on a Windows 8 machine? Without affecting performance? (don't ask for much do I?)

Elsewhere, I read "You can also try limiting the number of cores it uses with the -t option" but I don't think that applies to Sandor's fork?

I know I should be using a Pi/controller to mine, but I am not. I'm using the only PC I have (an i7 laptop) - its old and probably dirty inside, frazzled the cpu/gpu ages ago. @idle the fan does not come on. But with cpuminer running 24/7 the fan is on constant about 20% speed even though the process is reporting as using less than less than 1% cpu.

I have found the teardown guide for my laptop and in 30 simple steps I can crack it wide open to give a proper clean and repaste the cpu/gpu. Hopefully that will help! I regularly hoover out the ports too.
Activity: 158
does the g blade mine x11 and or n-factor ?

NO scrypt only
Activity: 108
does the g blade mine x11 and or n-factor ?
Are there any TUTS on how to solo mine to a local wallet on the same machine Windows machine the Gridseed 5 chips are plugged into?  I keep getting stratum error messages when I point my miners to a wallet with Sandors CPUminer.

Do you have any problems with Gridseed dropouts solo mining?  Are you mining locally,to your wallet, on the same computer or to another machine?  How is your BAT setup for this?
I don't have any problem solo mining with gridseed after change to cgminer 3.7.2.
I'm solo mining to my wallet that on different computer. cgminer command
cgminer --scrypt -o http://10.1.43.113:19451 -u ind3 -p e236da44 --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=863,chips=40

my wallet.conf
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
rpcuser=ind3
rpcpassword=e236da44
rpcallowip=*
rpcport=19451

that's all. don't use stratum+tcp for solo mining to your own wallet.
Activity: 110
Are there any TUTS on how to solo mine to a local wallet on the same machine Windows machine the Gridseed 5 chips are plugged into?  I keep getting stratum error messages when I point my miners to a wallet with Sandors CPUminer.

Do you have any problems with Gridseed dropouts solo mining?  Are you mining locally,to your wallet, on the same computer or to another machine?  How is your BAT setup for this?
Pages:
Jump to: