Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning - page 3. (Read 308626 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
nice, but u wont get the investment back!
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
until now the only way im dual mining with a rasberrypi is with HASHRA.  Tried all version and this one is the best imho.
Otherwise in Windows it works too, with cgminer (BTC) and cpuminer (scrypt)

but both way, after a few hours it crash and need to be restarted.  Only Hashra offer a way to restart miner with a  timer.

Any people can leave theyr Gridseed in dual mode for weeks without crash?   Its seems its only possible in scrypt mode

Please, write how to start dual mining from cgminer dmaxl. file.bat.
Activity: 182
Merit: 250
The question remains
how to start dual mining from cgminer dmaxl
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Anyone have any tips for Solo mining with a Gridseed blade?  I have searched the forums and not had any luck.

Thanks in advance.....
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Wow, he's right!

Not factoring in electricity cost for my hashrate:

LTC - $4.09/day
BTC - $4.54/day

DOGE - $4.48/day

According to coinwarz
ZiG
Activity: 406

I don't think you will be happy doing dual (BTC/LTC) mining...NOT WORTH...IMHO... Grin

ZiG

Now higher profit BTC/LTC
P.S. without electricity

Yeah...right... Grin

I don't think you will be happy doing dual (BTC/LTC) mining...NOT WORTH...IMHO... Grin

ZiG

Now higher profit BTC/LTC
P.S. without electricity
ZiG
Activity: 406

ZiG
legendary
Activity: 1270
Have been using CPUMiner with Gridseed GC3355 Support by siklon for a while. It works great.

Thanks for posting the dmaxl version! I didn't know there was a version of cgminer that supports dual mining!
Activity: 434
Merit: 265

Yeah, I agree. Unless Minera is running memcached for some reason (I can't imagine why it would), then it's definitely a poolside issue.

Minera doesn't use memcached and that message comes from cpuminer so as you said it's probably a poolside/miner issue.

is there a way to auto tune blades ? too ... I mean have them clock upwards on low HW and so?

I'm sick of doing it by hands ^^
legendary
Activity: 1015

Yeah, I agree. Unless Minera is running memcached for some reason (I can't imagine why it would), then it's definitely a poolside issue.

Minera doesn't use memcached and that message comes from cpuminer so as you said it's probably a poolside/miner issue.
Activity: 88

I don't own a Blade but I suspect that the tiny reset button on the pcb next to or around the vicinity of the USB UART chip might be helpful in your situation. IF it WILL reset at all. That's your only chance before deciding it's DOA....
I have never tried it on any of my 5 chip pods but I understand that is that it is for. At any rate, you have nothing to lose trying it at this point. Make sure it's receiving 5V on the USB port and is also receiving 12 Volts as well before you try resetting it.
Just a guess.
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

Thanks so much Wolfey! I didn't see that button there before, but I'll definitely give it a shot. Like you sad what's the worst that could happen if it's already not working?

Also thanks for the link over to the overclocking thread. Looks like an interesting project once I get this issue settled. I'm posting this question over there also to see if anyone has experience with this issue. Thanks again!
Activity: 378
Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me with this. So I just bought an 80chip Gridseed blade, but only one of the two blades is being recognized by my computer. When I plug in the USB cable from on of the two blades (call it blade 1) to my computer, nothing happens. No light on the board, no recognition by the computer.

However the other blade (blade 2) whenever its USB cable is plugged in will light up and is recognized by the computer and appears under the device manager (i'm running it on windows for now). The Zadig driver picks it up, cgminer recognizes it, and it's hashing away as we speak @ 2.7MH/s.

Blade 1 will show a different light when its power connector is plugged in, but still no USB light or communication with the computer.

I've tried different USB cables, power supplies, and still nothing will recognize blade 1, but everything works with blade 2.

Is the board DOA? I've contacted the seller, but their only response has been that they are on vacation and will deal with it when they get back  Undecided

If I am stuck with this board, is there any way of determining what's wrong with the USB controller? Has anyone experienced anything like this with either the blades or the 5chip miners?

Thanks in advance!

I don't own a Blade but I suspect that the tiny reset button on the pcb next to or around the vicinity of the USB UART chip might be helpful in your situation. IF it WILL reset at all. That's your only chance before deciding it's DOA....
I have never tried it on any of my 5 chip pods but I understand that is that it is for. At any rate, you have nothing to lose trying it at this point. Make sure it's receiving 5V on the USB port and is also receiving 12 Volts as well before you try resetting it.
Just a guess.
Good luck!
Wolfey2014

Oh and try here too > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576784.new;topicseen#new
There are a few very experienced 80 chip seed users on this thread that can probably help you better than I can. Tell em Wolfey sent ya! Wink
Activity: 378
Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me with this. So I just bought an 80chip Gridseed blade, but only one of the two blades is being recognized by my computer. When I plug in the USB cable from on of the two blades (call it blade 1) to my computer, nothing happens. No light on the board, no recognition by the computer.

However the other blade (blade 2) whenever its USB cable is plugged in will light up and is recognized by the computer and appears under the device manager (i'm running it on windows for now). The Zadig driver picks it up, cgminer recognizes it, and it's hashing away as we speak @ 2.7MH/s.

Blade 1 will show a different light when its power connector is plugged in, but still no USB light or communication with the computer.

I've tried different USB cables, power supplies, and still nothing will recognize blade 1, but everything works with blade 2.

Is the board DOA? I've contacted the seller, but their only response has been that they are on vacation and will deal with it when they get back  Undecided

If I am stuck with this board, is there any way of determining what's wrong with the USB controller? Has anyone experienced anything like this with either the blades or the 5chip miners?

Thanks in advance!

Just a guess.
Good luck!
Wolfey2014
Activity: 88

Thanks in advance!
Activity: 434
Merit: 265
... can be bought ... from me for europe and especially for switzerland :-) send me a PM for info ...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/group-buych-eu-scrypt-sha256-miner-hosting-shipping-new-products-648622
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I +1 this.
Where can they be purchased and what price?

UPDATE: Added G-Black as it is working like a blade software wise (tested cgminer & cpuminer) ... how about the tuning of it?

Anyone reselling these from States or Canada?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
UPDATE: Added G-Black as it is working like a blade software wise (tested cgminer & cpuminer) ... how about the tuning of it?

Anyone reselling these from States or Canada?
Pages:
Jump to: