Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market - page 12. (Read 4472 times)

Activity: 244
Merit: 10
November 22, 2018, 07:34:08 AM
There are more than 1000 tokens, but none of them is related to propper security project for blockchain security. We need such projects to survive.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 103
November 17, 2018, 06:11:48 AM
Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I have not experienced hacking which resulted in my assets being lost. but I can feel how painful it is and can feel the difficulty of how to collect these assets. therefore, I justify what you say that the occurrence of hacking will make many people do not believe in the digital currency. therefore I have tips so that your wallet is not hacked. after you trade, it is better if the privatekey that you use is taken from the market you are using, I often do it like that.
Activity: 252
Merit: 6
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
November 17, 2018, 05:16:36 AM
Security is always the issue in exchanger. If we store our coin and token in exchanger wallet, better secure our account by using 2FA. Hopely my exchanger not hacked by someone and hopely i dont have experience like that

But what about your private wallets, not exchanges? For example, it's impossible (and pointless actually) to turn on a 2FA on MEW - there's no such an option. Of course, you can buy Ledger to store your ETH more securely, but this is not what every person who just wants to buy some crypto will do.
Activity: 365
Merit: 1
November 17, 2018, 05:11:31 AM
Well anything on the internet is prone to hacking and other online things that can hurt big. Just like the technology affects the community for the betterment, it also gives new ways for scammers and cheaters to make use of the exploits.
Activity: 494
Merit: 104
homt.net
November 17, 2018, 05:03:18 AM
Security is always the issue in exchanger. If we store our coin and token in exchanger wallet, better secure our account by using 2FA. Hopely my exchanger not hacked by someone and hopely i dont have experience like that
yes is a priority point for some exchanger, but are you sure when exchanger got hacked they are really hacked by hacker and the fund was stolen??
Activity: 494
Merit: 104
homt.net
November 17, 2018, 05:01:34 AM
i'm never got case when i store my asset in exchanger, and the exchange got hacked.

in some condition and as ca we see in some case few exchange got hacked and their fund was stolen the exchanger can't pay the fund fund.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
November 17, 2018, 04:46:21 AM
Activity: 420
November 17, 2018, 04:28:49 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

The wallet wasn't hacked. I didn't lose money on exchanges. This was not for all the time of my participation in the market.  But I mistakenly entered the password from the wallet to the bounty instead of your wallet's address((( but then I had to start a new wallet.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
November 17, 2018, 03:56:25 AM
Do not worry about the fact that some hackers several times hacked wallets. This is not a good enough reason for the cryptocurrency world to die. The best thing is not to look for the reasons for the decline, but to look for ways to earn money on the market
Activity: 392
Merit: 49
November 16, 2018, 06:45:57 PM
1- Ever been hacked?
No
No
see above

My TIPS:

- don't trade on shitty exchanges, only if the shitcoins are not listed anywhere else
- don't store your funds on exchanges
- never send p2p first if you don't know the user, better use a trusted escrow of Bitcointalk

Activity: 980
Merit: 255
November 16, 2018, 06:35:42 PM
The number of hacking cases certainly makes investors afraid, this proves that a strong security system is not perfect, of course after hackers can take their accounts immediately sell, making the market difficult.
Hackers are making more difficult the adoption of cryptocurrencies in general, but they are not such a big problem as many people make them out to be, if you take the time to secure your coins and you make sure that your wallet is only online when you are going to make a transaction then the chances that a hacker can get access to your coins are incredibly low, in my opinion a greater risk that we are going to see forming in the future is the robbery of your coins by the usual methods.
copper member
Activity: 462
November 16, 2018, 07:41:04 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

I have not been hacked, but that didn't kill cryptocurrency.  Every other financial agencies suffers hack too and still survives
Activity: 161
November 16, 2018, 07:35:32 AM
i never experienced such things and i don't want to experience it, coz i know someone who that's been hacked and all his earnings got stolen from his wallet he was so devastated but he never stop investing. getting hacked doesn't kill crypto it only makes crypto holders and investors stronger and smarter to be careful every time doing transactions.
Activity: 448
November 16, 2018, 07:02:03 AM
No, I am categorically against such an opinion, because I also think that today very often people simply underestimate the possibilities of hackers, the whole system can be subjected to a hacker attack that can be destroyed, such systems must be identified.
Activity: 490
November 16, 2018, 06:58:47 AM
It doesn't kill, it makes crypto holders stronger.
I've started to become interested in technical details after has been hacked and now my security is stronger!
Activity: 518
November 16, 2018, 06:56:34 AM
It was so funny to me  what I experience when I started to trade my Coins in a exchange and ask for to help in an admin in the telegram group and ask for a guide to their exchange to trade after asking it someone ask for help too and after some conversation his asking for some payment and I use to follow it and I realized that the amount that she's asking for payment is bigger value than what I will trade then ask the admin and the admin say's he will Block it  after he ask she's name. That's why I'm very careful to any people who i'm talking to by now.
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
November 16, 2018, 06:43:21 AM
I face the hacking of myetherwallet once and lost many coins but never happen this with my any exchange accounts. Now i a using hardware wallet and it is fully secured from these issues.
Activity: 644
Merit: 364
In Code We Trust
November 16, 2018, 06:08:10 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

I think in all aspects, hacking can really devastate a technology. Hacking is about interferring to the source code and manipulating it. In the case of cryptocurrencies, hacking is very dangerous. Though, blockchain is not that vulnerable, wallet address can be access if we are careless about its security.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
November 16, 2018, 05:48:16 AM
Both my Wife and I have been hacked in MYETHERWALLET and also on exchanges and two developers stole a lot from my Wife. Do NOT trust anyone on the internet, especially in crypto, most are out to steal whatever you have. Telegram groups are full of stealing bots and also even in the bounty sections we are getting people cheating and trying to steal our content and identities. There are big gangs of thieves lurking even on this forum, trying to steal whatever you have. TRUST NO ONE! That is my advice to you here. This is what is putting off mass adoption in crypto right now, too many negative and rogue elements that need to be weeded out first before we can invite others in.

TRUST NO ONE, but yourself.

No one except you will define a scam, will not hack the stock exchange, will not protect itself against unnecessary risk of loss. This is a crypto market,
here your security depends only on you, on your attentiveness and mental skills. This is not a bank with cameras and huge safes,
this is a digital environment where the safety of your funds is in your hands.
Activity: 420
November 16, 2018, 05:40:00 AM
1- Ever been hacked?

I think it's a little different. Hackers rather undermine the trust of investors and nothing else. It seems to me that after all, now the cryptocurrency market is at a standstill for a completely different reason
Pages:
Jump to: