Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market - page 10. (Read 4472 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 145
November 29, 2018, 04:00:37 AM
Money is stolen daily. From pockets, from accounts and so on. But still, people keep them (and they will keep) in pots and accounts. Stealing/hacking is NOT a threat to a cryptographic market. Yes, now you can see a fall in the rate after such events, but when the market gets older (by capitalization), such events will have almost no effect.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
November 29, 2018, 03:44:09 AM
Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

I haven't experienced any of them but I could give out some tips. First one would be try to transact big, fast, and rare. Transact big so your frequency of transactions are lessened. Transact fast so you can lessen the time you are online. Transact rarely so you would remain anonymous.
copper member
Activity: 1568
Merit: 0
November 29, 2018, 03:37:10 AM
Yes it is right hacking kills the crypto currency market because most of people when they invest in crypto then they have lot of hope from crypto but some time their account hacked by hacker so that person will never invest in crypto and it's all effect on the crypto market.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
November 29, 2018, 03:04:15 AM
I can say am one of the most favoured man in my little  time in crypto. First, have never been hacked before. I haven't lost any coins also.

However, the only major problem have encountered in my little time here is having to participate in an ICO that later ends up being fraud or scam. It has been my Achilles hill so far.
Activity: 270
Merit: 1
November 29, 2018, 02:53:29 AM
I haven't encountered any hacking activities in my account, I'm aware that exchanges can be infiltrated by hackers, I only transfer my crypto to exchange when I'm about to withdraw if not I let it sit on my desktop wallet
Activity: 630
November 29, 2018, 02:15:47 AM
Well, news about hacking cases must have a very bad effect on the price of cryptocurrency. This greatly affects the user's trust and many people will be harmed. Praise God I have never experienced that. I try my best to protect my assets, I only use wallet exchange if trading.
Activity: 728
November 29, 2018, 02:15:13 AM
Thank God, I have never been a victim of hacking. It is true that hacking can kill the crypto currency market because hackers certainly have thoughts that do not necessarily support crypto currencies, it could be that they would use the hacked coins to destroy the market. Yeah, hopefully hackers don't get large amounts of coins. I have never been a victim of hacking because I am very careful in every transaction that I make, both from my wallet and when on an exchange site. I will only give my coins when I get paid and I always ensure every security feature installed on my wallet or exchange account. Other than that, I don't forget to change passwords regularly to avoid hacking because passwords are easy to guess.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
November 29, 2018, 02:07:09 AM
yes, there are a lot of hackers who try to blast prices on the exchange and destroy the exchange, because many exchanges are hacked and lose their assets.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 102
November 28, 2018, 11:05:24 PM
It is our fault by sharing our details with the hackers, yes we need to be very careful when dealing with the unknown persons. Most of the newbie people will face these type of problems which they are new to blockchain and its technology.
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
Personal Text: Revolusi industri erotis di Blockc
November 28, 2018, 10:44:57 PM
Hacking is everywhere and of course, we must be careful to keep our assets safe. And my experience lost the token when it entered as an exchange. My token is gone and they will definitely not exchange my money. And this makes me disappointed and it will be my experience for the future to be better and more careful.
copper member
Activity: 112
► Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketin
November 28, 2018, 09:03:18 PM
1- Ever been hacked?

1. Yes once, I have been hacked when my token were deposited on the platform. I have forgotten to setup my 2FA. So the hacker easily access my account
No, still not experience that.
In the platform that I was been hacked, they have the fault because their credentials has been compromised, exposing our username and password. But they didn't issue a refund. That sucks.
Activity: 378
November 28, 2018, 05:38:17 AM
Cryptographic currency is a sacred place for countless scammers and hackers, but the success of scammers is much simpler. Hackers need a lot of technology, and hackers with these technologies don't attack cryptocurrencies, and they may be more willing to work for the government. Hacker technology cannot know the number of holders of bitcoin.
Activity: 415
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
November 28, 2018, 05:25:29 AM
My computer was hacked, they downloaded the software and arbitrarily browsed my software, but I didn't lose the encryption because they were worth less than $50. I am very lucky, because I will become a trader, this is an education for me!
copper member
Activity: 84
November 28, 2018, 05:21:44 AM
Karma is real and every hacker will get what he deserves. The only thing we can do is to try to protect us by all possible methods. But the main rule is never to trust anybody and to keep your private key safe.
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
l0tt0.com
November 27, 2018, 07:04:48 PM
1- Ever been hacked?

1. I have never been hacked because I had a security setup for my account carefully.
2. In most case, the loss of coins during making transaction on exchange floors is due to send coins to the wrong address.
3. Yes, if you have evidence that your account is being hacked and lost your coins.
Activity: 406
November 27, 2018, 07:00:05 PM
I did not lose my funds by hacking but I had funds on the  exchanges which  were hacked. I have only the funds
on exchanges I am trading with, lesson learned. Some good exchanges like Binance refund their customers
if they lose their funds due to a hack attack, but decentralized exchanges don`t so we have to be careful.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
November 27, 2018, 02:38:24 PM
1. I have been hacked
2. no, because this is about personal accounts and the security depends on us
3. Activate Google Authenticator or login security via telephone number

The last item on your list solves most problems. I do not understand why so many people forget about it, then they are surprised that their account was hacked. There are a huge number of ways to get access to your data, but if you need additional verification through the phone to do this, it becomes almost impossible to get access to your account.
Activity: 555
Merit: 12
November 27, 2018, 01:27:01 PM
I think hacking is a major issue in crypto space that requires amelioration. Firstly, knowing how to avoid hacks is the first step to take. For instance, educating the newbies on ways to avoid being hacked, like not leaving funds on exchanges and not storing private keys with email, will go a long way. Also, using a hard wallet like Ledger Nano S or Trezor for instance aids. Another aspect is for crypto exchanges to utilize a high level security approach, ensuring safety of funds. When using decentralized exchanges, please use a web3 browser like metamask to avoid stories that touches the heart. My humble opinion.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
November 27, 2018, 01:18:54 PM
hackers make the market worse and this is a very extraordinary event that requires special handling and must be firmly acted on by every hacker, and given appropriate punishment,
It is really difficult to punish hackers for their behavior because they are very smart and most of the time the crimes they commit are in different jurisdictions so it is very expensive to track them, sometimes the stuff they steal has very little value and it will cost the police a lot more money to try to find them and they prefer to let them go, hackers know this and they exploit this to the best of their abilities in this market.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
November 27, 2018, 06:56:49 AM
I wasn't hacked because I was good at protecting my data. And it seems to me that if all market participants do so then we will be completely safe. I think hackers are too much of a made-up problem.
Pages:
Jump to: