Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 42. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

.... and cooler climate.

All of my group's ASICs farms are in Canada, and they enjoy the 9-month year long cool. Its too bad that almost all of the hosting facilities there are maxed out - probably no thanks to China mining farms. Seems that electricity hikes are also likely...

Totally. Canada I think is slightly cheaper still in terms of electricity, but Estonia has cheaper rent and infrastructure. Their average monthly salary is about 1k euros only, rent is 1.5-2.5 euro per square meter. Additionally in Estonia there's no tax on profits, only on dividends paid. I could keep all the money in the company and buy solar panels or something.

I like those cases, KaydenC... they do look very slim though. Do you manage to get 6 GPUs plus PSU and cables in there?

Actually 8 gpu can fit inside. Here's a pic of the latest version. Plenty of space left

There's an older version with just 4 instead of 7 fan mounts which is much more cramped.

Cable management is very tight for this version, and cables are always in the way of airflow.

The new version is from letine on alibaba. $243 usd for mobo + case with 7 fans. Shipping is $70 or so to malaysia.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
I like those cases, KaydenC... they do look very slim though. Do you manage to get 6 GPUs plus PSU and cables in there?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Farm update. 189 gpus freshly deployed.

All except 2 rigs are my hosting clients equipment. Mostly 1060s, some 1050tis.

A client is looking to put upwards of $500k into gpu mining with me taking care of the equipment. We are now looking at other countries like canada and estonia. Malaysia's $0.085/kwh is decent but makes sense to strive for cheaper costs.

.... and cooler climate.

All of my group's ASICs farms are in Canada, and they enjoy the 9-month year long cool. Its too bad that almost all of the hosting facilities there are maxed out - probably no thanks to China mining farms. Seems that electricity hikes are also likely...
Kayden, do you have performance for P102-100 in Skein, X17, Lyra2z, Lyra2v2, EQHash and Phi? Eth isn't profitable anymore...
Thanks!

P102 eth performance from my factory source. $700 usd, but have to pre-order now and receive in early May.

Seems less efficient in terms of hash/watt compared to P104 which can do 37mh/s at 120w.

This is tempting, but I'm holding off expansion till end of GTC. Next gen just around the corner.

whats the minimum qty for pre-order?

I asked pricing for 80pcs and was quoted $700. It should get slightly cheaper (expensive) if the quantity increases (decreases). Didn't ask for the minimum qty though.

It's good density, but 2x 580s is a better deal imo. It needs to be $600 or lower,  unless resale value is no issue for you then it can be seen as a msrp 1080ti with better eth performance.

The p102 has 90% of a 1080ti cuda cores, I expect it to be 90% of 1080ti performance in other algos at 90% the power draw. Maybe 95% the performance at equal power draw.

It's just an estimation though, no benchmarks are available for other algos.
Farm update. 189 gpus freshly deployed.

All except 2 rigs are my hosting clients equipment. Mostly 1060s, some 1050tis.

A client is looking to put upwards of $500k into gpu mining with me taking care of the equipment. We are now looking at other countries like canada and estonia. Malaysia's $0.085/kwh is decent but makes sense to strive for cheaper costs.
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
This is how i have felt the last few months....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktlrE6LsMhg
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I like this thread. Seems to be the only mature thread out of the Mining section.

Reminds me of the Wall Observer in the Bitcoin Speculation section.

Anyways.

For all you guys running the old and trusty R9 290. What is the best undervolt you can get.

I am running some at 0.96Volts at 947/1250 and GPUz says 85 Watts ( from wall most likely double this value)

Anyone manage to get it stable at lower voltages?

Wall Observer mature?  You have an interesting definition of mature.

What or whom is wall observer ?

It's that long thread in the Economics -> Speculation section with 400,000 replies.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
thanks guys, giving a try!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I like this thread. Seems to be the only mature thread out of the Mining section.

Anyways.

For all you guys running the old and trusty R9 290. What is the best undervolt you can get.

I am running some at 0.96Volts at 947/1250 and GPUz says 85 Watts ( from wall most likely double this value)

Wall Observer mature?  You have an interesting definition of mature.

What or whom is wall observer ?
legendary

Anyways.

Thats cause a 61 year old guy self mods it. Grin

Damn When I started these threads I was 59.

April 7 2016 was the first of 7 threads.

Been quite the ride.

1x hd7970  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-1-gpu-now-11gpus-5rigs-for-ethereum-45-days-of-mining-photos-thoughts-1429151

Apr 7 1 card thread started

Apr 8 2 cards

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14470378

april 9 2016 talk of 2 pc's
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14477378

april 12 2016
2 rigs 55mh

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14513671

may 3 2016 3 rigs 145h
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14746285
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Anyways.

legendary

Bitmain is splitting part of its business to Washington State......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3g726QtaM0

Appears to be setting up something in the Walla Walla area - which does NOT have super-low electric rates, poor choice of location IMO.
Can't check the business registration with the State of Washington right now as their system is down for upgrades 'till Monday - but 3'd party sites show the Ant Creek LLC being registered by Jihan (might be a different one, but what are the odds?).

Dual location in the state of Washington could allow for cheaper rate

The article I found suggested they were setting up a farm in Walla Walla - their listed "official contact location" is in a Tacoma area small city, so they're ALREADY dual located as a minimum.

I'd guess they're on a "contract" rate not a standard one - but they're probably still 5 cents more or less per KWH given that the quoted "largest consumption industrial" type rate for that area is somewhat more than 5.

Sounds dumb  but 5 cents for them is like 3 cents for a normal farm.

Their cost of gear is really low..  They  have sold s-9's under 1400  my guess is they can ship them  to the USA into their farm at 600 a unit maybe as low as 450 per unit.  That is a huge edge over any mining farm.

They still mine s-7's at hashnest  how many are really there?  with the dump of the V9 miner I would think  every s-7 they have on hashnest is an s-7 in name only. 

They charge 71.44%  for maintenance

on the s-9   they charge  33.11% for maintenace

So they  are robbing a shit of money with zero audits and transparency is non existent in this case.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Appears to be setting up something in the Walla Walla area - which does NOT have super-low electric rates, poor choice of location IMO.
Can't check the business registration with the State of Washington right now as their system is down for upgrades 'till Monday - but 3'd party sites show the Ant Creek LLC being registered by Jihan (might be a different one, but what are the odds?).

The article I found suggested they were setting up a farm in Walla Walla - their listed "official contact location" is in a Tacoma area small city, so they're ALREADY dual located as a minimum.

I'd guess they're on a "contract" rate not a standard one - but they're probably still 5 cents more or less per KWH given that the quoted "largest consumption industrial" type rate for that area is somewhat more than 5.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

You could try mining ravencoin, ive been mining it the past week with no cashouts since the market is in a bloodbath at the moment for mining earnings and based on my shares... im doing pretty good, but my hopes are for the value of it to climb... gonna HODL for these coins...

my 1080ti's are averaging 125-140/day currently, which puts it around $2.50/day per card..

Downloaded the RVN-Qt wallet and my modest NVIDIA farm to yiimp.eu

SMOS's latest ccminer v225 can do X16R so all is well

Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Kayden, do you have performance for P102-100 in Skein, X17, Lyra2z, Lyra2v2, EQHash and Phi? Eth isn't profitable anymore...
Thanks!

P102 eth performance from my factory source. $700 usd, but have to pre-order now and receive in early May.

Seems less efficient in terms of hash/watt compared to P104 which can do 37mh/s at 120w.

This is tempting, but I'm holding off expansion till end of GTC. Next gen just around the corner.

I asked pricing for 80pcs and was quoted $700. It should get slightly cheaper (expensive) if the quantity increases (decreases). Didn't ask for the minimum qty though.

It's good density, but 2x 580s is a better deal imo. It needs to be $600 or lower,  unless resale value is no issue for you then it can be seen as a msrp 1080ti with better eth performance.

You could try mining ravencoin, ive been mining it the past week with no cashouts since the market is in a bloodbath at the moment for mining earnings and based on my shares... im doing pretty good, but my hopes are for the value of it to climb... gonna HODL for these coins...

my 1080ti's are averaging 125-140/day currently, which puts it around $2.50/day per card..

Activity: 106
Merit: 0
Thanks!

It's good density, but 2x 580s is a better deal imo. It needs to be $600 or lower,  unless resale value is no issue for you then it can be seen as a msrp 1080ti with better eth performance.
legendary

legendary

legendary
Does anyone in this experienced group know if it realistically possible that equihash can be "asiced" in the near future? I am familiar with the argument that anything can be with time, but don't know the technical details well enough to judge how close the zec devs came to long term asic resistance with equihash.

Massive amounts or RAM required makes it pretty resistant.
It's also generally strongly limited by memory access.
Really? You don't need a lot of ram to mine equihash, do you?
Neither is it an algo that profits massively from gddr/hbm speed (nor latency) from what I have experienced?...

I was confused, keep thinking equihash not ethash.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
will be interesting to see the moves getting done in the next 2 months in the war of asics vs gpus

Just remember

Asics = shit warranties from chinese companies

gpus = real warranties from companies like evga

and you 110% tdp miners stop already  although I am sure you will go to 115%

even modified gpus like pandaminer didn't pass my scrutiny....i was skeptical with its quality and warranties.

spending extra for durability, warranty and flexibility is a must for me..

I still have unopened titanium ax1500 psu's.... and cablemod pcie cables with extra length (ax1500 compatible) shipment is arriving today, gonna buy another set of pcie risers....acquiring and getting ready to assemble for the next best gpu card..

target: max density, max efficiency, better temps will be the next step..

gpus are somewhat-sometimes a long term tool, successful POW alt coins always passes thru gpu mining phase before getting asic'd.

if crypto market was played correctly and sometimes got lucky..for me with those profits, I don't care about the price anymore..I want the reasonably best gpu/psu.

Pages:
Jump to: