Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 39. (Read 34166 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
actually;  just extremely recently, an updated version with source exists for monero7;  Now the question goes;  which pools will be following the fork as well?

That would be tricky - which pools would be ready etc - thats why I will head to NH because a lot of crazies out there with too much BTC will pile on rentals to mine the first 24 hours with ridiculous rates... I will not complain though, as long as we get those premium BTC payouts.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Good sale for 1500 watt corsair psu  code is SPRING2018

use the caps

a factory new is 450
a refurb is 350
coupon brings it to 280

I got 2
I also purchased a 1000 watt rm1000s

new it is 199
refurb it is 140
coupon it is 112

so my order would have been 1360  it was 870

noticed something about my corsair PSUs here...ax1500i and hx1200

personally i think the psu fans don't spin fast enough, feels hot when i touch them so i strap in a PWM fan and that's it..
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
actually;  just extremely recently, an updated version with source exists for monero7;  Now the question goes;  which pools will be following the fork as well?
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
Any tips regarding the upcoming monero fork?
Are guys gonna move your ati rigs towards the new algo for monero? What about the price of the monero? I hope it will rise.

No one know what's going to happen
Some people say it will decrease diff because the asics, but a lot of people will jump to monero at the same time...

My bet is that hashrate will drop precipitously once XMR forks, if only because all those botnets of compromised servers will get shut out.

Just point rigs to NH and the cryptonightv7 marketplace which is already available now.

Claymore has already confirmed that he will get his miner ready before the fork.

I wouldn't mind swinging the NVIDIA farm also mine cryptonightv7 ... wonder if tpruvot gets his ccminer updated.
I believe xmr-stak planned on implementing it as well...  That one is open source Wink  I like it for that.

Will also be thinking about putting my nvidia onto it
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Are guys gonna move your ati rigs towards the new algo for monero? What about the price of the monero? I hope it will rise.

Some people say it will decrease diff because the asics, but a lot of people will jump to monero at the same time...

My bet is that hashrate will drop precipitously once XMR forks, if only because all those botnets of compromised servers will get shut out.

Just point rigs to NH and the cryptonightv7 marketplace which is already available now.

Claymore has already confirmed that he will get his miner ready before the fork.

I wouldn't mind swinging the NVIDIA farm also mine cryptonightv7 ... wonder if tpruvot gets his ccminer updated.
I believe xmr-stak planned on implementing it as well...  That one is open source Wink  I like it for that.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 420
Merit: 184

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Their sales guy said, they have pre-orders up to the hilt already so it was okay for the group to back out from the bulk purchase.

1625$ is for A841s ..... Canaan went to greed mode just like Bitmain - hope this episode taught them a lesson but then again on hind sight they should sell at premium so that they stay in business and compete with Bitmain.

They have no incentive to "learn a lesson", other than "price it at what the market will bear and if the market drops drop with it".

Folks that payed the crazy "ATH-based" pricing and didn't wait to see if pricing would STAY high deserved what they got.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
This email from Canaan...

"...On  Monday we will update the webstore with new prcing for the  841  and 821.  The 841 will be priced at $1625 per unit with an MOQ of 60 units. You can either order in the shop or email [email protected].  Shipping usually takes between 7 and 14 days of payment.  Ask your sales agent about additional discounts.  The 821 will be sold in a special package along with 4 free 841.  Please see the shop on monday or ask your sales agent...."

In January, they advised that the A821 will be around 3000-4000 $USD each. We complaint that the so called "special" price is outrageous, and so we postponed the group's plan to expand the Avalon farm. Their sales guy said, they have pre-orders up to the hilt already so it was okay for the group to back out from the bulk purchase. The group was to place 400 units x A821s.... instead we put the funds to good use and bought BTC at 6k-7k.

Imagine 841s now priced at 1625$... i can just imagine the frustrations of the early buyers of the A8 series.

$1625 is a much more reasonable price.  I'm small time so no way could I pick up 400 units but I probably would've picked up 2 to 4 units at that price.  Glad to hear that holding off on that worked out for your group!

1625$ is for A841s ..... Canaan went to greed mode just like Bitmain - hope this episode taught them a lesson but then again on hind sight they should sell at premium so that they stay in business and compete with Bitmain.

Moreover, the Avalons are good gear compared to S9s -- Avalons are like Macs, S9s are like PCs.

The group's existing S9 farm overall about 15-18% failure rate (around 17 out of 108 units), RMA 3 three times, since June 2016.

Meanwhile, the A721s, 741s did not have any serious issues except for fans and a few power board replacements, across 4 x units out of 323 units.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

"...On  Monday we will update the webstore with new prcing for the  841  and 821.  The 841 will be priced at $1625 per unit with an MOQ of 60 units. You can either order in the shop or email [email protected].  Shipping usually takes between 7 and 14 days of payment.  Ask your sales agent about additional discounts.  The 821 will be sold in a special package along with 4 free 841.  Please see the shop on monday or ask your sales agent...."

In January, they advised that the A821 will be around 3000-4000 $USD each. We complaint that the so called "special" price is outrageous, and so we postponed the group's plan to expand the Avalon farm. Their sales guy said, they have pre-orders up to the hilt already so it was okay for the group to back out from the bulk purchase. The group was to place 400 units x A821s.... instead we put the funds to good use and bought BTC at 6k-7k.

Imagine 841s now priced at 1625$... i can just imagine the frustrations of the early buyers of the A8 series.

$1625 is a much more reasonable price.  I'm small time so no way could I pick up 400 units but I probably would've picked up 2 to 4 units at that price.  Glad to hear that holding off on that worked out for your group!
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

I have it at 200 watts = 80%

Thanks!  Man, that mini is a power hungry SOB!!

Nah, it's 1080 ti's in general that want lots of power by current standards, my R9 290s tend to sniff at the power-sipping cool running noob cards.

I don't have any 295x2 or 7990 cards or others of the "2 GPU on one board" style though.

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

Definitely going to have the rigs at the ready haha. Think Nicehash will have the algo? Hope not lol.

Looks like they're ready for it:

https://www.nicehash.com/algorithm/cryptonightv7

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Phillip, what temp was/is your Zotac 1080Ti mini running at?
phil likes to run his cards at 90C 120% TDP

*ducks*

Funny

@ bubbAJoe

see link

https://imgur.com/jfwMRcK.png

1 zotac mini
2 evga hybrid
1 asus turbo

Thanks!  Man, that mini is a power hungry SOB!!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

*ducks*

Funny

@ bubbAJoe

see link

https://imgur.com/jfwMRcK.png

1 zotac mini
2 evga hybrid
1 asus turbo
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

*ducks*
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
I expect a big drop in overall monero hashpower just after the fork. Should we try to get a few extra coins from it?
I'll be switching over to XMR the very minute the fork happens - I expect a massive hashrate drop

Let's hope SMos will update fast !
My Vegas are running Windows - don't think Vegas are supported under SMOS yet..

Yes for vegas

But RXs could probably come to play too if big drop in hashrate
Pages:
Jump to: