Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 38. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 1
https://rvnstats.info/ <- Might be useful, plenty of information.

https://rvnstats.info/d/000000007/x16r-ravencoin-mining-pool-statistics-v0-1?refresh=1m&orgId=1

Mining pool stats, suprnova is the biggest. I also used yiimp but 2% fee there so swapped to suprnova who charge 1%. I havn't checked out the rest, but happy with suprnova for now so will stick with them.
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
I see the second hand market for gpus here in Australia starting to drop down to almost reasonable prices. Can get a rx570 for around 300-350 AUD.

In the first hand market, I mean like the online retailers, the price of nVidia is still strong and not much availability.

frankly.... 99% confidence level ..... my next GPU purchase if any, will be NVIDIA.... after the Vegas, I gave up on AMD :-(

On another topic, I ran both farms on RVN today since SMOS updated the miner list to include all the RVN miners for AMD and NVIDIA. Those 1080tis mines like a boss for RVN. This X16R algo is perhaps more suitable for NVIDIA GPUs because the 480/470s were crawling. Ran the farms only for about 6 hours and back to their normal jobs. I did however, buy a bunch of RVN from Cryptobridge and transferred them over to the Core wallet. Let's see if this RVN can buy me a used Lambo a year from now.

Is there a pool that you recommend for RVN?

Yeah looking to a find
 a pool
 b find an exchange
I am also looking forward to this. Although Daaaveee already answered.
Activity: 48
Also mining RVN, and have bought 0.3 BTC worth, great coin and algorithm. Price has been rising fast over the last week and rightly so.

I'm mining on rvn.suprnova.cc and Crypto-Bridge is the only exchange it trades on at the moment, its a bit slow but works fine, looking forward to the bigger exchanges picking it up.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1408
I see the second hand market for gpus here in Australia starting to drop down to almost reasonable prices. Can get a rx570 for around 300-350 AUD.

In the first hand market, I mean like the online retailers, the price of nVidia is still strong and not much availability.

frankly.... 99% confidence level ..... my next GPU purchase if any, will be NVIDIA.... after the Vegas, I gave up on AMD :-(

On another topic, I ran both farms on RVN today since SMOS updated the miner list to include all the RVN miners for AMD and NVIDIA. Those 1080tis mines like a boss for RVN. This X16R algo is perhaps more suitable for NVIDIA GPUs because the 480/470s were crawling. Ran the farms only for about 6 hours and back to their normal jobs. I did however, buy a bunch of RVN from Cryptobridge and transferred them over to the Core wallet. Let's see if this RVN can buy me a used Lambo a year from now.

I'm only mining RVN and I'll continue
I love the idea of being anti asic and make things difficulty to asics makers
I'll hold this coin for the end of year, I really think it will be a great coin
There are great devs and community adoption
Activity: 518
Merit: 250

yeah  and I can drop any 1080ti down to 125 watts.  If I choose. but 135 -145 watt setting  is most efficient.
I was pushing 200 to keep house warm with cold spring this year.

I set to 150 and my sols are now 4.2  per watt
vs 3.6 per watt at 200.

I will be getting ready for summer soon and will need to set gear much lower in watts

In other news they are saying that they confirmed a Bitmain ETH miner for Q2:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/26/analyst-slashes-amd-nvidia-price-targets-on-new-cryptocurrency-mining-chip-from-china.html

Fuck! Lets hope Ethereum switches algo fast now then. I hate ASICs and the way they centralize mining by taking it from us home miners.  Cry
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Yeah looking to a find
 a pool
 b find an exchange
Activity: 284
Merit: 102

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

I have it at 200 watts = 80%

Thanks!  Man, that mini is a power hungry SOB!!

Nah, it's 1080 ti's in general that want lots of power by current standards, my R9 290s tend to sniff at the power-sipping cool running noob cards.

I don't have any 295x2 or 7990 cards or others of the "2 GPU on one board" style though.

yeah  and I can drop any 1080ti down to 125 watts.  If I choose. but 135 -145 watt setting  is most efficient.

I set to 150 and my sols are now 4.2  per watt
vs 3.6 per watt at 200.

I will be getting ready for summer soon and will need to set gear much lower in watts
Hey Phil, would you mind sharing the settings you're using for 125watts during hot days?

Right now I'm using 195W +50 core, +300 mems, 68 max temp and 60% fans. The cards are Palit 1080ti Gamerock premium edition. I'm getting about 700-720 sols.
I'm thinking about lowering the watts and keeping a good average sols/w.

Thank you
Activity: 225
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

yeah  and I can drop any 1080ti down to 125 watts.  If I choose. but 135 -145 watt setting  is most efficient.

150 was the most efficient I found, but I was only testing at 25 watt intervals.
I might go back and revisit that sometime, when me rebuilding project gets around to the planned second "almost all 1080 ti" rig.

Right now I'm still trying to get the undervolt tuned on my new XUbuntu-based AMD mining build - went a bit TOO low and it's not been long-term stable quite yet, but the current settings seem to be working so far.
I'm not sure if you CAN tune undervolt on a "per card" basis on the current AMDGPU driver stack, though AMD has announced that their next update will add support for undervolt and more sysfs settable stuff.

To Gabryrox:

IRS I'm pretty sure insists on "FIFO" for cryptomining earned coin, I think I saw that specifically mentioned in one of their announcements, but I'm not CERTAIN.

Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Hey guys... sorry to go off-topic here but I trust many of you on this thread so wanted to throw out an important question for those of you who are either preparing or at least involved in your Income Taxes for Crypto.

I understand fully most aspects of reporting but the one piece i cannot seem to find a definitive answer to is what the IRS officially provides for available methods of calculating gains on sales.  The 3 mentioned most places are FIFO, LIFO, and “specific share identification”.  For me (and probably most people that got into mining in the past 2 years anyway), FIFO would be the worst because it means the biggest gains (due to low prices in late'16 when most of what I sold in '17 was mined) and also because it would make them short-term cap gains, which are taxed at a higher rate.

LIFO would be much more beneficial for me but i cannot find anywhere official that says the IRS will accept this for crypto.  A few articles indicated they felt FIFO was the only safe method, given the IRS's lack of clarity on this issue, but i don't want to through away any more money than I absolutely have to lol.

Any guidance or links to sources about this would be greatly appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

yeah  and I can drop any 1080ti down to 125 watts.  If I choose. but 135 -145 watt setting  is most efficient.

I set to 150 and my sols are now 4.2  per watt
vs 3.6 per watt at 200.

Same here.  I just can't do it with the summer heat and electric rates at home.

@citronick
Totally agree about the quality of the Avalon over Bitmain.  I believe that the 841 comes with a two year warranty too not to mention that the Avalons have a much quieter fan.

In other news they are saying that they confirmed a Bitmain ETH miner for Q2:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/26/analyst-slashes-amd-nvidia-price-targets-on-new-cryptocurrency-mining-chip-from-china.html
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I have it at 200 watts = 80%

Thanks!  Man, that mini is a power hungry SOB!!

Nah, it's 1080 ti's in general that want lots of power by current standards, my R9 290s tend to sniff at the power-sipping cool running noob cards.

I don't have any 295x2 or 7990 cards or others of the "2 GPU on one board" style though.

I set to 150 and my sols are now 4.2  per watt
vs 3.6 per watt at 200.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
This email from Canaan...

"...On  Monday we will update the webstore with new prcing for the  841  and 821.  The 841 will be priced at $1625 per unit with an MOQ of 60 units. You can either order in the shop or email [email protected].  Shipping usually takes between 7 and 14 days of payment.  Ask your sales agent about additional discounts.  The 821 will be sold in a special package along with 4 free 841.  Please see the shop on monday or ask your sales agent...."

In January, they advised that the A821 will be around 3000-4000 $USD each. We complaint that the so called "special" price is outrageous, and so we postponed the group's plan to expand the Avalon farm. Their sales guy said, they have pre-orders up to the hilt already so it was okay for the group to back out from the bulk purchase. The group was to place 400 units x A821s.... instead we put the funds to good use and bought BTC at 6k-7k.

Imagine 841s now priced at 1625$... i can just imagine the frustrations of the early buyers of the A8 series.

$1625 is a much more reasonable price.  I'm small time so no way could I pick up 400 units but I probably would've picked up 2 to 4 units at that price.  Glad to hear that holding off on that worked out for your group!

1625$ is for A841s ..... Canaan went to greed mode just like Bitmain - hope this episode taught them a lesson but then again on hind sight they should sell at premium so that they stay in business and compete with Bitmain.

Moreover, the Avalons are good gear compared to S9s -- Avalons are like Macs, S9s are like PCs.

The group's existing S9 farm overall about 15-18% failure rate (around 17 out of 108 units), RMA 3 three times, since June 2016.

Meanwhile, the A721s, 741s did not have any serious issues except for fans and a few power board replacements, across 4 x units out of 323 units.

Thanks for sharing these numbers. I have read about similar experiences, and it looks like I'm going to order more Avalons.
you can get an s9 13th for 1300 or so after $200 coupon
I guess that pays for shipping.  us mere mortals cannot get the a841 for less than $1999 from
blockforge , few folks can buy the 60 moq from cannan

s9 is a better buy due to that imo
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
actually;  just extremely recently, an updated version with source exists for monero7;  Now the question goes;  which pools will be following the fork as well?

That would be tricky - which pools would be ready etc - thats why I will head to NH because a lot of crazies out there with too much BTC will pile on rentals to mine the first 24 hours with ridiculous rates... I will not complain though, as long as we get those premium BTC payouts.
Do you think SMos will be ready ?

Better remind Tytanick, Claymore, xmr-stak and ccminer need to be ready with cryptonightV7 support
Activity: 60
Merit: 3
This email from Canaan...

"...On  Monday we will update the webstore with new prcing for the  841  and 821.  The 841 will be priced at $1625 per unit with an MOQ of 60 units. You can either order in the shop or email [email protected].  Shipping usually takes between 7 and 14 days of payment.  Ask your sales agent about additional discounts.  The 821 will be sold in a special package along with 4 free 841.  Please see the shop on monday or ask your sales agent...."

In January, they advised that the A821 will be around 3000-4000 $USD each. We complaint that the so called "special" price is outrageous, and so we postponed the group's plan to expand the Avalon farm. Their sales guy said, they have pre-orders up to the hilt already so it was okay for the group to back out from the bulk purchase. The group was to place 400 units x A821s.... instead we put the funds to good use and bought BTC at 6k-7k.

Imagine 841s now priced at 1625$... i can just imagine the frustrations of the early buyers of the A8 series.

$1625 is a much more reasonable price.  I'm small time so no way could I pick up 400 units but I probably would've picked up 2 to 4 units at that price.  Glad to hear that holding off on that worked out for your group!

1625$ is for A841s ..... Canaan went to greed mode just like Bitmain - hope this episode taught them a lesson but then again on hind sight they should sell at premium so that they stay in business and compete with Bitmain.

Moreover, the Avalons are good gear compared to S9s -- Avalons are like Macs, S9s are like PCs.

The group's existing S9 farm overall about 15-18% failure rate (around 17 out of 108 units), RMA 3 three times, since June 2016.

Meanwhile, the A721s, 741s did not have any serious issues except for fans and a few power board replacements, across 4 x units out of 323 units.

Thanks for sharing these numbers. I have read about similar experiences, and it looks like I'm going to order more Avalons.
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
actually;  just extremely recently, an updated version with source exists for monero7;  Now the question goes;  which pools will be following the fork as well?

That would be tricky - which pools would be ready etc - thats why I will head to NH because a lot of crazies out there with too much BTC will pile on rentals to mine the first 24 hours with ridiculous rates... I will not complain though, as long as we get those premium BTC payouts.
Do you think SMos will be ready ?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
Any tips regarding the upcoming monero fork?
Are guys gonna move your ati rigs towards the new algo for monero? What about the price of the monero? I hope it will rise.

No one know what's going to happen
Some people say it will decrease diff because the asics, but a lot of people will jump to monero at the same time...

My bet is that hashrate will drop precipitously once XMR forks, if only because all those botnets of compromised servers will get shut out.

Just point rigs to NH and the cryptonightv7 marketplace which is already available now.

Claymore has already confirmed that he will get his miner ready before the fork.

I wouldn't mind swinging the NVIDIA farm also mine cryptonightv7 ... wonder if tpruvot gets his ccminer updated.
I believe xmr-stak planned on implementing it as well...  That one is open source Wink  I like it for that.

Will also be thinking about putting my nvidia onto it
nvidia cards dont do well on crytonite, although maybe this new algo is different
Pages:
Jump to: