Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 48. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Monero Team has already stated that they will not hesitate to fork if ASIC players manufactures XMR/Cryptonote miners.

This makes me very happy to hear. Makes me even more bullish on Monero.

https://twitter.com/fluffypony/status/963163574918156294

Love it. Just love it. I should have more XMR than I do...
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
me? I'm waiting for the next gen top of the line nvidia 2080 ti and buy many and/or wait for 1080 ti panic sell and buy many..call it a year..see you all again for the next big thing hehehe   Grin

yeah  all I have are 1080ti's  so since they are 11gb memory

I would hope for a fork of equihash and of monero  maybe  a few other al-gore-rythm's  will let them keep value.

I may be shifting to sha-256  once I get some dragonmints and maybe avalon 841s

Are 821s .... ASICBOOST certified?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Monero Team has already stated that they will not hesitate to fork if ASIC players manufactures XMR/Cryptonote miners.

https://twitter.com/fluffypony/status/963163574918156294
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
me? I'm waiting for the next gen top of the line nvidia 2080 ti and buy many and/or wait for 1080 ti panic sell and buy many..call it a year..see you all again for the next big thing hehehe   Grin

yeah  all I have are 1080ti's  so since they are 11gb memory

I would hope for a fork of equihash and of monero  maybe  a few other al-gore-rythm's  will let them keep value.

I may be shifting to sha-256  once I get some dragonmints and maybe avalon 841s
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
All this talk on ASIC's is really pissing me off, AaronSauce told me that a new ASIC labeled Antminer F3 has showed up on MiningPoolHub as a miner this week mining ETH @213MH/s....

Im worried there is going to be a mass exit on GPU farmers soon, just unsure whats the best way to go anymore...

Baikal N specs.... 20KH/s at 60watts per unit

Currently, the fastest Monero GPU the Vega64 at 2k/s .....

You need 10 x Vega64 to match 1 Baikal N ....

Pointless to compare wattage - FPGA and ASICs will be efficient many folds hands down.

Given the above.... I dont think GPUs will be feasible for long term crypto mining.

I agree, just sucks because the profit is moving from the miners to the Chinese companies, because when i had 3 asic's years ago, when 2 of them broke it took months to get warranty repairs and i lost hundreds in the time it took to get them back.. so that is why ive been all for GPU's over Asics...

amd and nvidia  may not care since many moron miners  ran card at 110%  tdp and killed off cards  then sent in rmas.

This may have  hurt the industry  enough  to not guard against asic takeover.

I suspect a huge shakeup once asics  kill off the gpus.  and if a few al gore rhythm's are left

say equihash  p102-100 sold at 600-700  in big moq's  may be the only option worth buying.  this  saves nvidia from  lots of rma's  since it has short warranty.

I wont be surprise if we wait awhile more P102 at sub-$500?

Frankly, every 2nd coin that Claymore touches in dual-mining gets into the ASICs realm eventually.... looks like Claymore's sorcery is... if you can software program it, you can bolt the microcode into a chip.

In the end, can we assume that "only DaggerHashimoto and Equihash will be truly ASICSs free and profit worthy alts to mine" if so, then we should be in the green team hoarding 1080tis and above.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

With all that bad news, I'm thinking about to sell my few Rx470s 4gb.

Philip, what price would you suggest me ?
How many/what price?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
It will be interesting to see how easy this Baikal N miner can be firmware upgraded since its FPGA, when Monero March 2018 Hard Fork happens.

Problem is;  the scratchpad on the algo is ~2Mb....   all they need to do is increase the algo to the point where it takes too much processing AND memory;  i think its a win win.  It seems they designed this algo to scale up both issues at once if need be.

I would be interested to see how it looks after.... sure, you can add more memory to a future device, but increasing the computations on the scratchpad, will make it that much harder to compute...
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
With all that bad news, I'm thinking about to sell my few Rx470s 4gb.

Philip, what price would you suggest me ?
legendary
All this talk on ASIC's is really pissing me off, AaronSauce told me that a new ASIC labeled Antminer F3 has showed up on MiningPoolHub as a miner this week mining ETH @213MH/s....

Im worried there is going to be a mass exit on GPU farmers soon, just unsure whats the best way to go anymore...

Pointless to compare wattage - FPGA and ASICs will be efficient many folds hands down.

Given the above.... I dont think GPUs will be feasible for long term crypto mining.

I agree, just sucks because the profit is moving from the miners to the Chinese companies, because when i had 3 asic's years ago, when 2 of them broke it took months to get warranty repairs and i lost hundreds in the time it took to get them back.. so that is why ive been all for GPU's over Asics...

amd and nvidia  may not care since many moron miners  ran card at 110%  tdp and killed off cards  then sent in rmas.

This may have  hurt the industry  enough  to not guard against asic takeover.

I suspect a huge shakeup once asics  kill off the gpus.  and if a few al gore rhythm's are left

say equihash  p102-100 sold at 600-700  in big moq's  may be the only option worth buying.  this  saves nvidia from  lots of rma's  since it has short warranty.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
now we can support china ban on mining  Roll Eyes Grin
Activity: 322
Merit: 233

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
i would love to try one of these cards at least at some point.   If a group buy goes through, and I have the ability to put it, it would be nice to be able to =)

looking at this baikal cryptonight asic coming out;  it makes sense...

It just starts with a keccack hash, and then a rather basic algorythm is done with ~2Mb of memory space.    I was thinking of working with my father to find an FPGA that would fit the bill for all of these operations.   The way its calculated, I can see how it would be such low power with an FPGA.

With all the ASICS coming on scene how can one logically even think of buying a gpu?  This constant forking won’t happen forever.  ESP on a chain with any value(if one expects it to keep value).  Surely everyone in this thread realizes gpu mining is being rekt by the Chinese asic manufacturers.  Right?

BR

It will be interesting to see how easy this Baikal N miner can be firmware upgraded since its FPGA, when Monero March 2018 Hard Fork happens.

legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
i would love to try one of these cards at least at some point.   If a group buy goes through, and I have the ability to put it, it would be nice to be able to =)

It just starts with a keccack hash, and then a rather basic algorythm is done with ~2Mb of memory space.    I was thinking of working with my father to find an FPGA that would fit the bill for all of these operations.   The way its calculated, I can see how it would be such low power with an FPGA.

With all the ASICS coming on scene how can one logically even think of buying a gpu?  This constant forking won’t happen forever.  ESP on a chain with any value(if one expects it to keep value).  Surely everyone in this thread realizes gpu mining is being rekt by the Chinese asic manufacturers.  Right?

BR
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

legendary

If we did a group buy  80 x 700 = 56000 usd.

any interest in doing a group buy?

Back to gpus

nvidia is going to sell  the p102-100 cheaper then the gaming gpus

thus pushing us miners to buy the mining gpus.

a 700 dollar  p102-100   vs a 900 dollar 1080ti

means buy the mining gpu.

This is going to cause an upheaval in the markets.

But I am only guessing.

i would be in for a group buy.  I would say I could most likely to commit to somewhere between 5-10 cards.  I'm a small timer.
[/quote]

I could do 5 maybe 10  depends on what buysolar wants to do.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

The new Claymore Neoscrypt miner is pretty good too - if you increase the power limit you get quite high hashrate, but I prefer to leave the power at stock.... stock Rx 480 8GB does 860 kh/s (can be tweaked higher) and Rx 470/570 does around 740-750 at stock settings.  The good old Fury X does 1550-1600 kh/s at stock and 1190 kh/s at -50% power.... I don't have any Vega GPUs, but people report 2000 Kh/s with that new miner.

So, Claymore's Neoscrypt miner is maybe 3% faster than Gateless Gate, before subtracting out the devfee. I use his Ethash miner because it is by far the fastest and most stable, but try to use any miner besides his for the other algos because he's turning into the Bitmain of GPU mining software.

I had previously only tested Claymore's Neoscrypt miner on a pair of personal desktops and got the above results.  Today I was setting up a few of my wife's business rigs and I got quite abit higher. The average hashrate across 6 Rx 480 8GB was 950 Kh/s and the average across 18 Rx 470/570 4Gb was 750 Kh/s - these were all at 100% stock settings with now -powlim adjustments and the -a 2 parameter.
Pages:
Jump to: