Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 49. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 284
Merit: 102
P102 eth performance from my factory source. $700 usd, but have to pre-order now and receive in early May.

Seems less efficient in terms of hash/watt compared to P104 which can do 37mh/s at 120w.

This is tempting, but I'm holding off expansion till end of GTC. Next gen just around the corner.
Damn that is really tempting! $700 is just a bit to high for my numbers at the moment.. $600 would have me chomping at the bit...

600 would be too good to be true.

700 does interest me.

I could order some at 700 but not 80 of them.

If we did a group buy  80 x 700 = 56000 usd.

any interest in doing a group buy?

@ Mfzbcoin
I won't be buying avalon since it won't have asicboost.

I get a dragon mint very soon. once I get it I will decide how many sha 256's to buy

Back to gpus

nvidia is going to sell  the p102-100 cheaper then the gaming gpus

thus pushing us miners to buy the mining gpus.

a 700 dollar  p102-100   vs a 900 dollar 1080ti

means buy the mining gpu.

This is going to cause an upheaval in the markets.

But I am only guessing.

i would be in for a group buy.  I would say I could most likely to commit to somewhere between 5-10 cards.  I'm a small timer.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
P102 eth performance from my factory source. $700 usd, but have to pre-order now and receive in early May.

Seems less efficient in terms of hash/watt compared to P104 which can do 37mh/s at 120w.

This is tempting, but I'm holding off expansion till end of GTC. Next gen just around the corner.
Damn that is really tempting! $700 is just a bit to high for my numbers at the moment.. $600 would have me chomping at the bit...

600 would be too good to be true.

700 does interest me.

I could order some at 700 but not 80 of them.

If we did a group buy  80 x 700 = 56000 usd.

any interest in doing a group buy?

@ Mfzbcoin
I won't be buying avalon since it won't have asicboost.

I get a dragon mint very soon. once I get it I will decide how many sha 256's to buy

Back to gpus

nvidia is going to sell  the p102-100 cheaper then the gaming gpus

thus pushing us miners to buy the mining gpus.

a 700 dollar  p102-100   vs a 900 dollar 1080ti

means buy the mining gpu.

This is going to cause an upheaval in the markets.

But I am only guessing.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

Activity: 420
Merit: 184
A stock Rx 480 8GB does 30-34 Mh/s with the newer Lyra2v2 miner in my testing, Rx 470/570s do 22-26 Mh/s using the same miner. I'm not sure why the difference between different GPUs of the same series since I don't think the memory type matters for that algorithm. It's fairly competitive imo... higher avg hashrate then the GTX 1060 series at the cost of a little more power.

That's a massive improvement, then, making the RX 570 roughly comparable to a GTX 1060, based on my notes. Still nowhere close to the 50MH/s I get with a plain 1080 using one of the many ccminer forks (polytimos - pulled from NemosMiner so not sure of actual version, etc.).

The new Claymore Neoscrypt miner is pretty good too - if you increase the power limit you get quite high hashrate, but I prefer to leave the power at stock.... stock Rx 480 8GB does 860 kh/s (can be tweaked higher) and Rx 470/570 does around 740-750 at stock settings.  The good old Fury X does 1550-1600 kh/s at stock and 1190 kh/s at -50% power.... I don't have any Vega GPUs, but people report 2000 Kh/s with that new miner.

So, Claymore's Neoscrypt miner is maybe 3% faster than Gateless Gate, before subtracting out the devfee. I use his Ethash miner because it is by far the fastest and most stable, but try to use any miner besides his for the other algos because he's turning into the Bitmain of GPU mining software.

Does anyone have another algorithm that AMD is at least semi competitive with?

I'm willing to do testing of pretty much any algo if I there is both a miner and at least a Windows cli wallet available. All I have are 4x RX 560 on one rig and a single RX 570 on another, though.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Hey guys

Quick question here, apart from Ethash and Cryptonight, is there any other algos where AMD cards perform well ?

Neoscrypt, Lyra2v2, Equihash are competitive to various degrees --- you can mine Xevan and Nist5 too but they don't compete with Nvidia very well there. I'm probably also forgetting some other options.

The last time tried running Lyra2v2 on an RX 570 - about 2 months ago - it was unbelievably slow; as in, more than 10x slower than a GTX 1060. I've seen mention of a new Lyra2v2 miner for AMD on the forum, but since I rarely mine with that algo, anyway (snagging a few VTC here and there), I haven't bothered trying it.

From my testing notes, AMD does deliver competitive performance on Neoscrypt vs. a similarly priced Nvidia card (based on MSRP). E.g. - my RX 570 does 720 kH/s using the old version of Gateless Gate (no GUI, no devfee) while each of my GTX 1060 do 650 kH/s using the KlausT fork of ccminer, and a claimed 720 kH/s with Palgin's hsrminer_neoscrypt (emphasis on "claimed" and his program is a bit unstable).

I haven't tried Xevan on AMD - I'm not aware of any miner programs for it, actually (NB - this doesn't mean there isn't one!) - but since this algo seems to be only used on shady MasterNode coins I have only done brief testing with ccminer-alexis78 on Nvidia.

Same with X17, NIST5, etc... There just doesn't seem to be as much variety in miner software for AMD to support these less popular algos, probably because AMD is so vastly superior at Cryptonight and Ethash it makes little sense to use it on anything else.

A stock Rx 480 8GB does 30-34 Mh/s with the newer Lyra2v2 miner in my testing, Rx 470/570s do 22-26 Mh/s using the same miner. I'm not sure why the difference between different GPUs of the same series since I don't think the memory type matters for that algorithm. It's fairly competitive imo... higher avg hashrate then the GTX 1060 series at the cost of a little more power.

The new Claymore Neoscrypt miner is pretty good too - if you increase the power limit you get quite high hashrate, but I prefer to leave the power at stock.... stock Rx 480 8GB does 860 kh/s (can be tweaked higher) and Rx 470/570 does around 740-750 at stock settings.  The good old Fury X does 1550-1600 kh/s at stock and 1190 kh/s at -50% power.... I don't have any Vega GPUs, but people report 2000 Kh/s with that new miner.

Equihash is ~300 sols for stock Rx 480 8GB and ~275 sols for stock Rx 470/570 in my experience.

Xevan is ~1.7 Mh/s for a stock Rx 480 8GB using SGMiner 5.6 (I'd have to double check the version)

Nist5 is ~23.5 Mh/s for a stock Rx 480 8GB using SGMiner

AMD is definitely lagging behind on Xevan and Nist5, but it's close enough that it may be worth mining a hot new coin before the difficulty rises etc...

Does anyone have another algorithm that AMD is at least semi competitive with?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Or standard 1070 cards I have running a bit over 31 Mhash at 98 to 103 watts (The 98 card has one of my modded fan setups though, so add perhaps one more watt for the external 5V power to the pair of fans).

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

whats the minimum qty for pre-order?

I asked pricing for 80pcs and was quoted $700. It should get slightly cheaper (expensive) if the quantity increases (decreases). Didn't ask for the minimum qty though.

It's good density, but 2x 580s is a better deal imo. It needs to be $600 or lower,  unless resale value is no issue for you then it can be seen as a msrp 1080ti with better eth performance.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The avalon miner is coming out. Are you ready to buy miner? I haven't used this miner, and I hope to give some advice,
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

whats the minimum qty for pre-order?
Activity: 610
Merit: 265

legendary

Frankly  I see gpu mining taking a big hit due to  gear like the 16 gpu unit  I am mining.

My test unit has the

p106-100

but the p104-100 and the p102-100   are coming

You can order  the 16 unit  with 16 p104-100   which are  1070 equals  set to 100% tdp it does  8000 sols at 2900 watts

but just clock  to 110  watts a card vs 150 watts a card  it will do 7000 sols  at about 2200 watts. it will have the 3 psu in a back plane setup.

at the moment they want 50 moq  at 11k  = 550,000 usd    this is out of my league.   I could order 2 or 3 maybe 4 of them.

I think  they are going to try to squeeze us out of the gpu mining game here.

11K for a 16 gpu rig ? bonkers ? I could build a 700+ mhs rx 580 rig today using 8GB cards priced at $450 a pop
for that price , I dont see how they will price us out with thier 3 month waranty POS mining only 4GB cards

those are 1070 cards i.e. 8gb not 4gb.  it is a false bios that can be unlocked to 8gb.

the problem I see  is really big farms  simply pushing diff high.
[/quote]

I get all that but with still they are paying alot for thier guy , I dont think they will ever fully undercut the small farmers
[/quote]

They are now testing the p102-100

Looks like it could have a very nice density.

I think one wire five shelf rack  can fit five and do over 50000 sols

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trinity-36-inch-NSF-Chrome-Wire-Shelving-Rack/401461185388?

Activity: 420
Merit: 184
Hey guys

Quick question here, apart from Ethash and Cryptonight, is there any other algos where AMD cards perform well ?

Neoscrypt, Lyra2v2, Equihash are competitive to various degrees --- you can mine Xevan and Nist5 too but they don't compete with Nvidia very well there. I'm probably also forgetting some other options.

The last time tried running Lyra2v2 on an RX 570 - about 2 months ago - it was unbelievably slow; as in, more than 10x slower than a GTX 1060. I've seen mention of a new Lyra2v2 miner for AMD on the forum, but since I rarely mine with that algo, anyway (snagging a few VTC here and there), I haven't bothered trying it.

From my testing notes, AMD does deliver competitive performance on Neoscrypt vs. a similarly priced Nvidia card (based on MSRP). E.g. - my RX 570 does 720 kH/s using the old version of Gateless Gate (no GUI, no devfee) while each of my GTX 1060 do 650 kH/s using the KlausT fork of ccminer, and a claimed 720 kH/s with Palgin's hsrminer_neoscrypt (emphasis on "claimed" and his program is a bit unstable).

I haven't tried Xevan on AMD - I'm not aware of any miner programs for it, actually (NB - this doesn't mean there isn't one!) - but since this algo seems to be only used on shady MasterNode coins I have only done brief testing with ccminer-alexis78 on Nvidia.

Same with X17, NIST5, etc... There just doesn't seem to be as much variety in miner software for AMD to support these less popular algos, probably because AMD is so vastly superior at Cryptonight and Ethash it makes little sense to use it on anything else.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Hey guys

They're usually fairly competative on a hash/$ basis for Zcash and other equihash coins, though they lose to Nvidia on hash/watt.
If you do Gridcoin work, they are good at some projects.

Most of their other past algorithm strongholds like Scrypt, SHA256, X11 have been taken over by ASIC miners.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
This could be an interesting project...

See Cryptomined Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLQwwZMas1k

BTC B250C 12 GPU USB3.0-PCIE MOTHERBOARD

I have been talking to the guy about it, he informed me that it needs external power plugged in for more than 1 card to boot, also that 12 cards running that 6 pin power plug runs pretty warm. lastly the usb connections a very weak and loose, he has contacted the manufacture about the extremely loose usb connections.

So anti riser stance  seems to  wind over this board.

Shame as it looks nice.

Frankly  I see gpu mining taking a big hit due to  gear like the 16 gpu unit  I am mining.

My test unit has the

p106-100

but the p104-100 and the p102-100   are coming

You can order  the 16 unit  with 16 p104-100   which are  1070 equals  set to 100% tdp it does  8000 sols at 2900 watts

but just clock  to 110  watts a card vs 150 watts a card  it will do 7000 sols  at about 2200 watts. it will have the 3 psu in a back plane setup.

at the moment they want 50 moq  at 11k  = 550,000 usd    this is out of my league.   I could order 2 or 3 maybe 4 of them.

I think  they are going to try to squeeze us out of the gpu mining game here.

11K for a 16 gpu rig ? bonkers ? I could build a 700+ mhs rx 580 rig today using 8GB cards priced at $450 a pop
for that price , I dont see how they will price us out with thier 3 month waranty POS mining only 4GB cards

those are 1070 cards i.e. 8gb not 4gb.  it is a false bios that can be unlocked to 8gb.

the problem I see  is really big farms  simply pushing diff high.

I get all that but with still they are paying alot for thier guy , I dont think they will ever fully undercut the small farmers
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
I've seen this on reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/83d9y9/im_freaking_the_fuck_out_wtf_is_this/
it is on a domain which was related to ASICMINER earlier (but maybe the website was run by a shareholder?) asicminer.co

Someone knows more about this? I still own 100 direct shares, so would be good to know what's going on -_-

Edit: BTW I think most likely someone grabbed the domain and the linked website is a SCAM so please don't preorder anything lol.

Whoa either scammers really upped their game or, well, decentralisation is coming to btc mining again.
legendary

See Cryptomined Youtube

I have been talking to the guy about it, he informed me that it needs external power plugged in for more than 1 card to boot, also that 12 cards running that 6 pin power plug runs pretty warm. lastly the usb connections a very weak and loose, he has contacted the manufacture about the extremely loose usb connections.

Shame as it looks nice.

Frankly  I see gpu mining taking a big hit due to  gear like the 16 gpu unit  I am mining.

My test unit has the

p106-100

You can order  the 16 unit  with 16 p104-100   which are  1070 equals  set to 100% tdp it does  8000 sols at 2900 watts

but just clock  to 110  watts a card vs 150 watts a card  it will do 7000 sols  at about 2200 watts. it will have the 3 psu in a back plane setup.

at the moment they want 50 moq  at 11k  = 550,000 usd    this is out of my league.   I could order 2 or 3 maybe 4 of them.

those are 1070 cards i.e. 8gb not 4gb.  it is a false bios that can be unlocked to 8gb.

the problem I see  is really big farms  simply pushing diff high.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Hey guys

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

See Cryptomined Youtube

Shame as it looks nice.

My test unit has the

p106-100

Activity: 244
Merit: 103
Hey guys

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

See Cryptomined Youtube

https://farmicflickr.com/4777/25855200087_39f71b80f9_b_d.jpg

Shame as it looks nice.

My test unit has the

p106-100

50 per order is for big farms. For us, I will still use the 6 GPU boards until they die and buy 12GPU boards later.
Pages:
Jump to: