Pages:
Author

Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread! - page 53. (Read 34166 times)

Activity: 610
Merit: 265
Since this thread is about the legacy r9 290s.

What do you guys mine with the Elpida memory ones?

ZEC seems to hang the system even at stock settings.

ETH is good at 29mh/s but very difficult to undervolt and maintain stability.

R9 290 is a ton better at ETH than ZEC - bios mod them with one of TheStilt undervolt bios helps a ton on dropping temps, stability, and lowering power usage.

1100 core is WAY overkill for ETH mining on them - 900-950 seems to be about the most you need for max hashrate AND drops power consumption quite a bit.

Might vary a bit if you have aftermarket cards - mine are Sapphire reference models, and seem to be optimal on ETH mining at 1250 memory clock (1300 LOWERS hashrate and much higher gets unstable).

Will do more testing this weekend. But 1100 core is not overkill, r9 290 is core bottlenecked not memory limited in my testing. But I may be wrong, will need to try Stilt bios mods

I forgot to post, but sometime back a mobo capacitor popped and killed a card.
https://ibb.co/hpV97n
https://ibb.co/nKzfDS
https://ibb.co/fSwStS
https://ibb.co/c3EDYS

The whole system was still hashing (for 2 whole weeks) except for this card when I flew back to check.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Grabbed a few L3's

With the 200 dollar coupon  1296 price is pretty good.

I got 4 $100 coupons.  It seems that I'm only able to apply 1 per L3.  Is that right?  Still, $1,296 isn't bad per L3!

I was able to get 3 $200 dollar coupons.

I ordered 1 L3+ I am on the fence to order some more.

I have a power cap issue.  And I am not sure if I will end up getting the 5 dragon mints .

If I over order I will end up past the solar array power cap.  and summer rates are right around the corner for me to run in my garage in the summer costs 20 cents a kwatt.. Decisions

I have 14 1080ti hybrids or seahawks I keep them.
I have 3 omen gaming rigs with a total of 6 1080tis I keep them
I have a 2 card  1080ti diy pc keep it
I have 1 zotac 1080 ti I have 1 asus 1080ti with a fan mod  that is 24 1080ti's
I have 1 low end amd rig

I will have 1 L3+
some usb sticks
lastly 5 promised dragon mints.

all is paid for other then the dragon mints
plenty of coins and cash

but the power cap is a killer coming into the summer.

oh the 16 card rig comes tomorrow need to test and review it  see how it works.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

I run 1100 core, 1300mem, -100mv in afterburner. Voltage after undervolt is about 1.07v. This gives 30.6mh/s, about 190w and is rock stable.
They can be pushed to 1200core at -20mv (1.15v) for 33mh/s but it's almost 250w.

What are your settings for 29mh/s?

We plan to keep cards below 200w, this way 7 of them can be run in an Onda 8 gpu case with 1600w psu. The rig cost is a significant portion of the entire system, makes sense to run 7 rather than just 6 at higher hash rates.

How did you measure your power output? In GPUz or from the wall?

Mine at 1000/1250 runs at around 1.03V but measures from the wall its way over 220 watts or so.

Your wattage seems very low.

GPUz says 160w for 1100/1300, 1.07v. I'm not sure how much it actually is, I just assume +20% for now. If it's 220w it's troublesome, have to buy more rig cases and do 6 gpu/rig. Need to measure with a wattmeter when I get back to the farm.

Mine in GPUz says like 120 Watts but from the wall it's over 225 Watts or so.

Been a while since I measured.

This is with a cheap Corsair Bronze CX750 PSU
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

- Agree with the comments on GPU pricing... it's still insane and honestly, anyone paying these prices that is brand new to the game with no equity built from selling old equipment may never ROI their investment... unless we see another huge bull market and get over $1 trillion market cap in the next few months.  I was very lucky to get most of my 1070ti/80's from my employer's store at regular retail, but now even they are price gouging by charging $800 for a 1080 (NOT TI version lol).  Been watching AMD cards as well as I need 3 more 570's (preferably 8GB) to complete rig #7, but no way I am paying over $400 for those lol!  Got the 4 i have for about $300 before all this nonsense started so that may be where i stay for a while.  All retailers seem to be gouging even more now. I've seen the ASUS 1070ti's i have listed at close to $700 lol.

If you're interested in some 580 4Gb GPUs instead of 570s we just listed a pair of new ones (along with some used R9 Fury X) in the for sale section. I don't want to clutter this thread so you can pm me if you're interested.
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
Grabbed a few L3's

With the 200 dollar coupon  1296 price is pretty good.

I got 4 $100 coupons.  It seems that I'm only able to apply 1 per L3.  Is that right?  Still, $1,296 isn't bad per L3!
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
wow, it's been a crazy week, even for the crazy crypto world lol!  been super busy at work so missed a lot of stuff on this thread and in crypto world in general unfortunately.

- Stupid gaff by me... probably worst sine i started mining 18 months ago - I had both 1070ti/1080 rigs mining away at ZCL for several weeks.  I never read about that hard fork that happened last week, so was shocked when ZCL crashed from $150 to $10 in 2-3 days. Needless to say, I stopped mining it at that point and now everything pointed to ETH and getting about 900Mhz on that.  BUT... i did lose about $800 as i had mined about 5-6 ZCL coins, which are now effectively worthless.  In the big scheme of things, not a huge deal, but one that could have been avoided if I had been paying attention.

- Still having that "GPU0 hangs in open CL - miner restart" issue on my 4 AMD rigs.  it got so bad on 1 I had to just disable it within Claymore and now it runs fine. but still have the issue on at least 2 of the other 3 rigs and 1 is getting worse. This has to be a software/settings issue since it's statistically highly improbable that all errors are with GPU0s on 4 diff rigs and never a diff device #.  But have yet to figure out which setting needs to be tweaked so any advice would be appreciated. I know moving to SMOS would probably fix it but i simply don't have the time to do that at this point.

- Agree with the comments on GPU pricing... it's still insane and honestly, anyone paying these prices that is brand new to the game with no equity built from selling old equipment may never ROI their investment... unless we see another huge bull market and get over $1 trillion market cap in the next few months.  I was very lucky to get most of my 1070ti/80's from my employer's store at regular retail, but now even they are price gouging by charging $800 for a 1080 (NOT TI version lol).  Been watching AMD cards as well as I need 3 more 570's (preferably 8GB) to complete rig #7, but no way I am paying over $400 for those lol!  Got the 4 i have for about $300 before all this nonsense started so that may be where i stay for a while.  All retailers seem to be gouging even more now. I've seen the ASUS 1070ti's i have listed at close to $700 lol.

- Finally, I just read about the upcoming Monero fork (MoneroV). Was wondering what thoughts people had about this.  XMR has been one of the big 3 I plan on holding relatively long term but a bit worried what's gonna happen after this fork.  Clearly the XMR price run up recently has been at least partially as a result of the pending airdrop of MoneroV, which I beleive is at a 1:10 rate, but a bit worried given what happened with ZCL, but i do have much more faith in XMR than that.
   Also, does anyone know if MoneroV is going to be mineable? I hope so cuz that Algo could really use a new kid on the block. XMR has been worthless to mine over past few months, and with prices of other CN coins struggling, i new profit maximizer on that algo could help things a lot for mining overall

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

R9 290 is a ton better at ETH than ZEC - bios mod them with one of TheStilt undervolt bios helps a ton on dropping temps, stability, and lowering power usage.

1100 core is WAY overkill for ETH mining on them - 900-950 seems to be about the most you need for max hashrate AND drops power consumption quite a bit.

Might vary a bit if you have aftermarket cards - mine are Sapphire reference models, and seem to be optimal on ETH mining at 1250 memory clock (1300 LOWERS hashrate and much higher gets unstable).

What kind of power consumption would you have at those clocks, both with and without the bios mod?  I'm running some calculations based on the current power supplies etc that we have on hand.
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
Zpool let's you mine a single algo, and let's you specify any coin for payout that they mine, but they don't let you actually mine that coin directly.

BTW - I've had good results on Zpool mining X17 and converting to XVG with payout directly to Bittrex.

Yeah - I'm being paid out on XVG, which is what I'm requesting to be paid out in.  I just am confused why it looks like I am also earning SHIELD coins. 

Everything on the XVG front is great.  Shield, is confusing.

It's because on Zpool if you choose to mine, say, the X17 algo, then you could be mining any one of the coins that use the X17 algo at any given time; all of those coins then go to the exchange to get converted into the coin you chose for payout, which doesn't even need to use the same algo.

As @dragonmike has warned elsewhere, though, you are mining whatever coin is most profitable /right now/ but that coin may not be nearly as profitable when it finally matures and is sent to be exchanged... If you want to mine a single coin the best option by far is to just mine that coin; if you don't have any good ideas for what to mine and hate to see rigs sitting idle then use multi-algo, auto-convert pools like Zpool, Hash Refinery, etc.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Activity: 284
Merit: 102
Hey guys ... I'm mining some XVG on ZPOOL.  I am mining directy to BINANCE.

when i look at ZPOOL  at my last 50 earnings I'm being rewarded XVG (x17) and also Shield (x17).

It doesn't look like these Shield coins, show up in my payout though. 

Can anyone help explain what these Shield coins are, and if they are coins I am acquiring?

Zpool let's you mine a single algo, and let's you specify any coin for payout that they mine, but they don't let you actually mine that coin directly.

BTW - I've had good results on Zpool mining X17 and converting to XVG with payout directly to Bittrex.

Yeah - I'm being paid out on XVG, which is what I'm requesting to be paid out in.  I just am confused why it looks like I am also earning SHIELD coins. 

Everything on the XVG front is great.  Shield, is confusing.

when i look at ZPOOL  at my last 50 earnings I'm being rewarded XVG (x17) and also Shield (x17).

Can anyone help explain what these Shield coins are, and if they are coins I am acquiring?

I know many of you farmers use Nicehash because you have so many rigs and multiple addresses... Have you ever come across "Cuda error 719"? A buddy of mine using NH miner kept getting these on equihash and lyra2v2 lately... which is very annoying as it crashes the miner and results in the inevitable downtime.

I tried fix number 1 (Google) but I'm not getting much. Answers range from "lower your clocks" to "driver issue" over "Nicehash problem". For now he's just disabled equihash and lyra2v2 but that kinda sucks.

Just throwing it in here, as some of you might already have experienced it.

I have (2) GTX 1080 that I occasionally use on NH and have seen that Cuda 719 error before, too, but it was while running Neoscrypt. I had to actually lower the core clock by 100 - not reduce the O/C, but lower it from the stock setting - to make the problem go away. I can't say for sure this is cause and effect, but I haven't seen the problem since. Then again, payout from NH and other multi-algo miners declined so much over the last month I went back to mining single coins with all of my cards (and CPUs). Right now all of the Nvidia stuff is split between ZEN on Zhash.pro and ZEC on Flypool.

legendary
I know many of you farmers use Nicehash because you have so many rigs and multiple addresses... Have you ever come across "Cuda error 719"? A buddy of mine using NH miner kept getting these on equihash and lyra2v2 lately... which is very annoying as it crashes the miner and results in the inevitable downtime.

I tried fix number 1 (Google) but I'm not getting much. Answers range from "lower your clocks" to "driver issue" over "Nicehash problem". For now he's just disabled equihash and lyra2v2 but that kinda sucks.

I am assuming you are using ccminer and NVIDIA cards

Use the ccminer-nanashi variant for best speed.

Sounds like you need to finetune your intensity settings or do below....

One of the best way to get latest builds assuming you are on Windows is to download NEMOSMINER and get to do its stuff, from there take note of the ccminer version that they are using and use the intensity settings its using (NemosMiner benchmarks your GPUs just like NH Windows Miner).
He's using the Nicehash miner. He's got a 6x1080 rig indeed.
I am not sure which miner NH is using for equihash and lyra2v2 but I'm assuming ccminer and/or ewbf. Intensity could be something to look at indeed. The crash behaviour basically points at something non clock-related (as I've set his overclock very conservatively) since the error happens on all cards simultaneously. So intensity could be key.

I set him up on NH because I thought it'd be the easiest setup for the noob he is! Cheesy But I wasn't expecting the NH miner to be so unreliable out of the box. It's annoying to say the least.

Try smos dstm point to nicehash.

Tdp at 75%. Which is about 120 watts for a 1080

Or 180 watts for a 1080 ti
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

One of the best way to get latest builds assuming you are on Windows is to download NEMOSMINER and get to do its stuff, from there take note of the ccminer version that they are using and use the intensity settings its using (NemosMiner benchmarks your GPUs just like NH Windows Miner).
He's using the Nicehash miner. He's got a 6x1080 rig indeed.
I am not sure which miner NH is using for equihash and lyra2v2 but I'm assuming ccminer and/or ewbf. Intensity could be something to look at indeed. The crash behaviour basically points at something non clock-related (as I've set his overclock very conservatively) since the error happens on all cards simultaneously. So intensity could be key.

I set him up on NH because I thought it'd be the easiest setup for the noob he is! Cheesy But I wasn't expecting the NH miner to be so unreliable out of the box. It's annoying to say the least.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

ZPOOL credits you only in BTC no?

Surprised that they can credited you in the native coin.

There are not too many X17 coins out there.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/shield-xsh/
Activity: 284
Merit: 102

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Huh that prices is fantastic minus the wattage.. might be what pushes me to upgrading my main panel if I can get my hands on some.

Then again ROI for new gear at the moment is pretty shitty..

Yeah at the moment nvidia is still sky high

Amd is also pricey

rx 580's = 469.99 each

http://www.diamondmultimediastore.com/diamond-amd-rx580-video-card

I purchased 2 from them on Christmas day for 299.99 each

the one below is 399.99

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137244&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=rx_580-_-14-137-244-_-Product

I would argue  that  rx 560's  could be best to buy  some are 150 usd  and will do 300 for cryptonight
Yeah the pricing I see on AMD cards at the moment is insane. I've managed to snag a few 570/580s at "reasonable" prices of low $300s..
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

legendary
Huh that prices is fantastic minus the wattage.. might be what pushes me to upgrading my main panel if I can get my hands on some.

Then again ROI for new gear at the moment is pretty shitty..

Yeah at the moment nvidia is still sky high

Amd is also pricey

rx 580's = 469.99 each

http://www.diamondmultimediastore.com/diamond-amd-rx580-video-card

I purchased 2 from them on Christmas day for 299.99 each

the one below is 399.99

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137244&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=rx_580-_-14-137-244-_-Product

I would argue  that  rx 560's  could be best to buy  some are 150 usd  and will do 300 for cryptonight
Pages:
Jump to: