Pages:
Author

Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s - page 2. (Read 29849 times)

legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
Oh wait, an ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal...  Tongue

The must be the real HashFast company moto

Great quote!
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
Thanks for deleting my post. atleast i know what kind of bunch I have in front of me.

massive over line on Hash last. .....will stick to BITMAIN.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
It´s per unit, you dumbfuck!
Don't worry, i wasn't expecting anything else other than a rude an ignorante offense from you.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #nzIYY3pshJRtbahq

I actually apologize for that  Undecided
It was rude of me, i just got so caught up in the moment and lost my temper a little.

Peace?  Smiley (Better focus on our common "enemy" HashLast)
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Don't worry, i wasn't expecting anything else other than a rude an ignorante offense from you.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #nzIYY3pshJRtbahq
Fuck YES.
Ok,
Listen everyone:

Making the PCB is more expensive than making the ASIC. The asic is a couple of millions, the PCB is in the order of 20-25 millions.

Please take note of the level of absurdity we reached.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #OznWEdPbJLVLl2sF

Dude  Roll Eyes
Put the pipe down.

Do you think manufacturers charge cost per hour when making PCB´s?  Roll Eyes

...and what, to produce a ASIC is only one time cost? INFINITY STOCK of chips after one payment, cedivad got it all figured out.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Fuck YES.
Ok,
Listen everyone:

Making the PCB is more expensive than making the ASIC. The asic is a couple of millions, the PCB is in the order of 20-25 millions.

You guys are misunderstanding each other.
legendary
Fuck YES.
Ok,
Listen everyone:

So buying the machinery is cheaper than renting them?
If HF is so open and clean, why they don't just give us a BOM and we will try to get an idea of the price of making this PCB?

Because after months of lies, this looks like just another of them to me.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #mQWpyeIhcLBejJcb

Fuck YES.

Hashlast will NEVER state the BOM cost per board, i guarantee it. They would rather die.
To give out a bill of material is corporate suicide.
legendary
Activity: 1512
The situation right now is: HashFast is short on money, I am paying for a new, separate production line to begin and will be recieving the profits from it an it's first few thousand boards. Beyond this, HashFast will take control of the line producing Evo boards and will be able to serve customers much faster than before.

Wow. So HF screwed up and their early customers take a bath. Cognitive bails them out by setting up a production line that HF could not afford anymore but HF existing customers will have to go to the back of the line in favor of Cognitive's new customers.

Are they still producing the 'old' 400 GH/s GN boards? I guess the plan for MPP is to turn 4 400 GH/s 'Old' boards into 2 800 GH/s 'Evo' boards. If so it would mean more waiting. Higher difficulty and a deeper hole for existing customers.

Sounds about right.  I would guess we're witnessing the bail-out of Hashfast by Cognitive.  Perhaps people are winning full BTC refunds through the legal process putting HF on the brink of bankruptcy.  If so I imagine there's a clause that prohibits the plaintiff from talking about it.   That would certainly explain a lot of what's going on here.
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
The situation right now is: HashFast is short on money, I am paying for a new, separate production line to begin and will be recieving the profits from it an it's first few thousand boards. Beyond this, HashFast will take control of the line producing Evo boards and will be able to serve customers much faster than before.

Wow. So HF screwed up and their early customers take a bath. Cognitive bails them out by setting up a production line that HF could not afford anymore but HF existing customers will have to go to the back of the line in favor of Cognitive's new customers.

Are they still producing the 'old' 400 GH/s GN boards? I guess the plan for MPP is to turn 4 400 GH/s 'Old' boards into 2 800 GH/s 'Evo' boards. If so it would mean more waiting. Higher difficulty and a deeper hole for existing customers.

At least Garrett MacDonald seems to be talking. Which is something HashFast doesn't (unless you count HashFast_CL's trash talking)
legendary
So buying the machinery is cheaper than renting them?
If HF is so open and clean, why they don't just give us a BOM and we will try to get an idea of the price of making this PCB?

Because after months of lies, this looks like just another of them to me.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #mQWpyeIhcLBejJcb
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.
Received a email from some scammers at echosign.com today claiming to be from hashfast. So not only do they not delivery anything or return emails but our personal info has been leaked.

echosign.com is an Adobe service for eSigning.  The company I contract though uses it for all of our contracts...

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Interesting emails today:

And here i was thinking this story can't get any better...

I would like to hear a rough number on the cost of setting up such a production line from someone with knowledge.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #2wkMLW1bANRqAjxl

Estimated guess, based on experience, USD 15-20 million.
The daily cost of running it, no idea... to many factors.

No matter what you do Hashfast, you will always be remembered as the greatest douchebags in the history of Bitcoin.
Mark and his MtGox fiasco is not even close to your incompetence  Grin

That's way too much!
Are you saying that making the PCBs is more expensive than the mask/ASIC?

Things doesn't round up, do they?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #ZXH5jBVSgNxW0N6P

To open a new production line you need not only the cheap PCB´s and a large stock of chips but also machines, space, staff, raw material, clearance, storage, extra cofferooms ( Grin ) etc

Have in mind, the email says "open a parallel production line", they´re not just renting the machines next to Hashlast. The email also says production line is suppose to exist in the future, it´s not just a temporary solution.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Oh boy, where do I preorder?!

Seriously, I have an interest in the different ASICs available but I guess I can feel good about crossing HashFast off of my list.

You may order a Golden Nonce ASIC board from HashFast, BlackMiner, PepperMining, or Cognitive.

Plus at least one other vendor, to be announced...   Wink Wink Wink

The cool kids are all starting to use HashFast chips, because they're the fastest!

What reassurance would I have that the 3rd party vendors will be able to deliver your product on time and on spec if you can't fulfill your own, much older orders?
legendary
Are you saying that making the PCBs is more expensive than the mask/ASIC?

Things doesn't round up, do they?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #ZXH5jBVSgNxW0N6P
I would like to hear a rough number on the cost of setting up such a production line from someone with knowledge.

No matter what you do Hashfast, you will always be remembered as the greatest douchebags in the history of Bitcoin.
Mark and his MtGox fiasco is not even close to your incompetence  Grin
legendary
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
Interesting emails today:

The hashfast customers from the G-J section of the alphabet in the email leak have been chatting amongst themselves. It's a whole additional community with many people who haven't received their hardware and whom HF has cut communications with... many of whom were unaware of how widespread the issues were.

In the middle of all that someone posted:

Hello all,

As of today, the 19th of March, Cognitive has entered a partnership with HashFast to open a parallel production line and resell HashFast chips. We will be selling Cognitive branded Hashfast "Evo" boards (http://hashfast.com/shop/sierraevo/) for April delivery or your money back. Starting on the 4th of April, 2014 we will be producing and shipping 300 boards per day achieving an average (+/- 10%) of 750Gh/s each.

The boards are available for purchase at [URL elided] today.

If desired, I can provide you a private link that displays the realtime hashing output (cgminer feed + eligius address) of a single Evo board.

Best,
Garrett MacDonald
CEO, Cognitive

To which a bunch of people responded along the lines of WTF WHY ARE YOU GETTING CHIPS WHEN I'M STILL WAITING!?

to which he replied

The hashfast directors, myself and my partner, and both of our lawyers have talked it over and it is a go from everyone legally.

Cheap hashpower for all, and the ramp-up of a new production line for HashFast customers. This is a total win-win situation.

Best,
Garrett
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
HashFast Community Liaison
Oh boy, where do I preorder?!

Seriously, I have an interest in the different ASICs available but I guess I can feel good about crossing HashFast off of my list.

You may order a Golden Nonce ASIC board from HashFast, BlackMiner, PepperMining, or Cognitive.

Plus at least one other vendor, to be announced...   Wink Wink Wink

The cool kids are all starting to use HashFast chips, because they're the fastest!
Pages:
Jump to: