Pages:
Author

Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s - page 6. (Read 29808 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Something is really wrong in here. (^^^)
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #a0ONBAz2eHDucyY1
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.
We built the machines we were paid for;

Then send me my FUCKING MACHINE YOU FUCK!
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
Let's just agree to disagree when it comes to refunds and contractual obligations. I have a feeling this will have to be fought out in court or arbitration. Not here as it has already been discussed ad nauseam. (I do think potential new customers should be warned of the risks though)

Instead, HashFast_CL (As the community liaison and official spokesperson for HashFast on this forum) can you please help to make this thread more constructive by providing useful information including:

* Expected MPP shipments & quantities for Batch 1 customers.
* Upgrades shipment schedule
* Current production/logistical issues (if any)
* Upcoming firmware updates and cgminer improvements.
* Actual 'out-of-box' product specifications
* etc.

Can we just try to make the best out of a bad situation? Together? Show your customers you are willing to work with us, not against us.

legendary
We built the machines we were paid for [...]
But did your customers received them?

Why the hell you are not shipping the hardware?

Namely, for example, Sierras Batch 2?

I'm sorry that you have to pay lawyers with my money and that i had to double down my losses to get a fair compensation, really sorry.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #cCHHhG9BERzL1vuX
Activity: 168
HashFast Community Liaison
Yes, sure, that was before the 15m$ they claimed to have made on sales.

But how do you spend freaking 15 millions dollars, in addition to the VC money? By not building the machines you were paid for? Like in first class air flares for every employe?

No, that's certainly not the case.

No company being sued for FRAUD would have ever done that.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #luAcL2UNC2e6T99Q

We built the machines we were paid for; in some rare cases we issued (5% more than) 100% refunds.

Paying salaries/rent/taxes is expensive, R&D is expensive, tapeout is extremely expensive, wafers are expensive, fleshing out supply chains is expensive, assembly is expensive, QA is expensive, writing microcode/drivers is expensive, and paying lawyers (thanks to a couple of disgruntled customers who insisted on taking the legal route) is VERY expensive.

Trust me, HashFast isn't spending money on first class air 'flare' for every employee (I wish they would though).   Grin
legendary
Yes, sure, that was before the 15m$ they claimed to have made on sales.

But how do you spend freaking 15 millions dollars, in addition to the VC money? By not building the machines you were paid for? Like in first class air flares for every employe?

No, that's certainly not the case.

No company being sued for FRAUD would have ever done that.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #luAcL2UNC2e6T99Q
Listen carefully because repeating this is tiresome:

A statement based on and made during a long period of BTC/USD stability cannnot reasonably expected to be maintained given a huge, unexpected spike in the exchange rate.

Yes, complying with the terms of a sale are tiresome. It's so much easier to breach the contract and keep the money and not deliver the goods. It's so much more profitable too!

There was no breach of contract; HashFast either delivered the goods or issued (5% more than) full refunds to all Batch 1 customers.

The only people who find the ToS tiresome are those who fervently wish for a magical pony named Windfall, and won't let pesky, difficult concepts like

-buyer's remorse
-opportunity cost
-20/20 hindsight
-legal tender
-reasonability
-medium of exchange
-equity

block their righteous path to the promised land of contractually guaranteed free money.   Roll Eyes
Mine Silent, Mine Deep

I think HF_CL already answered that question:

If HashFast had enough resources to build your machine without your money, we would have simply kept the machines for ourselves

I.e. they were planning on consuming their own products. Talk about a conflict of interest.
legendary
Anyway i agree with yxt.

Since that HF_CL is so open today, and that we haven't heard nothing from them since months, let's leave the legal "details" of how we will screw the people who screw their customers apart for one second, and let's talk about your current status of orders.

Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #qoEQN9ZrxXi5RT8R
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

A statement based on and made during a long period of BTC/USD stability cannnot reasonably expected to be maintained given a huge, unexpected spike in the exchange rate.

Yes, complying with the terms of a sale are tiresome. It's so much easier to breach the contract and keep the money and not deliver the goods. It's so much more profitable too!
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
If BTC went to a million, your assumptions would lead to the absurd conclusion that HashFast owes gmaxwell $98,000,000.
Only the self-interested intentional delusions of the greedy, windfall-seeking plaintiffs would make such a ridiculous case.

Good thing HF held on to gmaxwell's BTC payment then (as should be expected considering the ToS/order confirmation). Talking about windfalls...

The specific coins I paid you ended up at https://blockchain.info/address/1KFrqkEGy6Yq7X4SYCbYoj8HEwfbWVUDJ9 which is not under Bitpay's control.
legendary
A statement based on and made during a long period of BTC/USD stability cannnot reasonably expected to be maintained given a huge spike in the exchange rate.

Jesus, that laugh almost killed me.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #RMruiFPz5XcEesOE
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
@HashFast_CL

stop your PR chitchat and post an update on shipping ETA
"Full BTC refunds" means a full refund of the price (which is always denominated in USD) via the exchange medium of BTC.

Nope. Read carefully.

Quote from: [email protected]
The answer is if you buy Baby Jet for 51 BitCoins today and it does not ship, you will be refunded the 51 BitCoins you paid.

Are you familiar with the concept of 'reducio ad absurdum?"

It means that if your argument leads to an absurd conclusion, it is false.

IE:  If BTC went to a million, your assumptions would lead to the absurd conclusion that HashFast owes gmaxwell $98,000,000.

Nothing in the ToS indicates HashFast has unlimited liability for BTC/USD exchange rate fluctuations.

No court or arbitrator will ignore the principle of equity in favor of construing the ToS to require infinite risk for HashFast.

Only the self-interested intentional delusions of the greedy, windfall-seeking plaintiffs would make such a ridiculous case.
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
That's a textbook case of buyer's scammers remorse.  I know how it feels bro.  

If HashFast had enough resources to build your machine without your money, we would have simply kept the machines for ourselves and not taken the unnecessary (and risky) step of involving customers investors.

FTFY
Activity: 88
Merit: 37
If HashFast had enough resources to build your machine without your money, we would have simply kept the machines for ourselves and not taken the unnecessary (and risky) step of involving customers.

"Full BTC refunds" means a full refund of the price (which is always denominated in USD) via the exchange medium of BTC.

Unfortunately, the decision of a few disgruntled customers to lawyer up and go the legal route forced HashFast to issue refunds solely in USD.

So when you sent me my fiat-denominated cheque, but sent me less than what I paid in fiat how does this fit in with your insistence that we're getting a full USD-denominated refund?
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
HashFast has been open and honest regarding the technical reasons for the delay.

If you are open and honest about all this stuff, can you explain why in the last 6 weeks you have not shipped any of the MPP owed on the BBJets? Or the Upgrade kits? Or the Sierras? Or the MPP of the Sierras

None of these pre-ordered and pre-paid items have been shipped

Why?

what is holding you back?
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Nope. Read carefully.

Quote from: [email protected]
The answer is if you buy Baby Jet for 51 BitCoins today and it does not ship, you will be refunded the 51 BitCoins you paid.
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
@HashFast_CL

stop your PR chitchat and post an update on shipping ETA
legendary
If HashFast had enough resources to build your machine without your money, we would have simply kept the machines for ourselves and not taken the unnecess

Unfortunately, the decision of a few disgruntled customers to lawyer up and go the legal route forced HashFast to issue refunds solely in USD.
You just gave me material for another few paragraphs of my wiki,

Thanks.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #GvaaYGQDaKX161rm
Pages:
Jump to: