Pages:
Author

Topic: Hashrate RX 570 - page 7. (Read 204245 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 1
January 02, 2018, 04:59:01 AM
Has anyone got a bios modded 570 to properly work with MSI Afterburner? As in can change core voltage ?

Have tried all AMD Drivers and seems the blockchain drivers (aug23j are only ones that enable mem/gpu clock in AF but I?ve never seen the core volts enabled yet (its enabled in settings and tried all the fixes from google)

I?ve since moved over to OverdriveNTool which seems to work better and under volts seem to hold ok when manually using claymore and other miner apps.

Card is a sapphire 570 pulse it?d using Polaris one click step patch, gpu 1150/850, mem 2000/900

Get 29mhs for ETH
Get 876hs for ETN

Only issue is when using nice hash or awesome miner , these 2 apps seem to ignore the under volt set in OverdriveNTool, even though gpuz says the cards are under volted my plug in watt meter says otherwise.

Any ideas why this is happening ? I?ve checked the manual overrides in nice hash and all seem to be default. Ive even added the extra flags for claymore to under volt but these are being ignored too.

I?m using Windows 10 Pro N if that?s makes a difference with fall update (1709)

If I remember correctly some earlier versions of the official released Afterburner would not let you adjust the voltage, depending on which video drivers were installed, and the beta Afterburner was required to fix this.
Here is a list of the beta drivers (only up to beta 19 - scroll way down the page), and the link below that is to a link for Afterburner beta 21. Hope this is what you need.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download.html
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss-6-7-0-beta-1.412822/page-46#post-5486250

Thanks. I?ve already tried every combination of AF Versions and AMD drivers.

I?m kinda happy with OverdriveNTool give some more control and voltage does work so I will not be using AF anymore.

Guess my only issue here is why nice hash overrides the under volting in OverdriveNTool
i found this about how to enable "voltage control" in MSI Afterburner https://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-81916.html
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Ethereum Miner
January 01, 2018, 12:31:26 AM
8x Gigabyte Aorus 570 - all hynix - 231.5 @ 1080w at the wall [1140/2020/850]
8x MSI Armor 570 - 3 samsung (29.5) 5 hynix (29.1) - 233.5 @ 1075w at the wall [1140/2020/875]
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
December 27, 2017, 07:42:33 AM
Has anyone got a bios modded 570 to properly work with MSI Afterburner? As in can change core voltage ?

Have tried all AMD Drivers and seems the blockchain drivers (aug23j are only ones that enable mem/gpu clock in AF but I’ve never seen the core volts enabled yet (its enabled in settings and tried all the fixes from google)

I’ve since moved over to OverdriveNTool which seems to work better and under volts seem to hold ok when manually using claymore and other miner apps.

Card is a sapphire 570 pulse it’d using Polaris one click step patch, gpu 1150/850, mem 2000/900

Get 29mhs for ETH
Get 876hs for ETN

Only issue is when using nice hash or awesome miner , these 2 apps seem to ignore the under volt set in OverdriveNTool, even though gpuz says the cards are under volted my plug in watt meter says otherwise.

Any ideas why this is happening ? I’ve checked the manual overrides in nice hash and all seem to be default. Ive even added the extra flags for claymore to under volt but these are being ignored too.

I’m using Windows 10 Pro N if that’s makes a difference with fall update (1709)

If I remember correctly some earlier versions of the official released Afterburner would not let you adjust the voltage, depending on which video drivers were installed, and the beta Afterburner was required to fix this.
Here is a list of the beta drivers (only up to beta 19 - scroll way down the page), and the link below that is to a link for Afterburner beta 21. Hope this is what you need.

Thanks. I’ve already tried every combination of AF Versions and AMD drivers.

I’m kinda happy with OverdriveNTool give some more control and voltage does work so I will not be using AF anymore.

Guess my only issue here is why nice hash overrides the under volting in OverdriveNTool
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
December 27, 2017, 07:36:57 AM

Have tried all AMD Drivers and seems the blockchain drivers (aug23j are only ones that enable mem/gpu clock in AF but I’ve never seen the core volts enabled yet (its enabled in settings and tried all the fixes from google)

I’ve since moved over to OverdriveNTool which seems to work better and under volts seem to hold ok when manually using claymore and other miner apps.

Card is a sapphire 570 pulse it’d using Polaris one click step patch, gpu 1150/850, mem 2000/900

Get 29mhs for ETH
Get 876hs for ETN

Any ideas why this is happening ? I’ve checked the manual overrides in nice hash and all seem to be default. Ive even added the extra flags for claymore to under volt but these are being ignored too.

Activity: 9
December 27, 2017, 07:16:57 AM
I did switch from ETH to mining PIRL because regardless what driver I used or how I modified the bios I was not able to get any decent hash rates.

now on PIRL dual mining, I do stable 179 to 181mh/s Pirl and around 3600mh/s dcr with 950w of the wall.

I'm quite happy with this.

4 of my cards are modified as below
mem clock 2250
core clock 1133
the usual straps copying

when I did this with my other two cards still left they started to drop in hashes drastically and therefore their bios is as below

mem clock 2200
core clock 1150
the usual straps copying

note all cards are identical, same brand, GB, model number etc, and it did drive me crazy that two of them did not work as the other until I found out that this can be the case in some scenarios.

It also did bother me that I can't mine ETH but now I'm ok with it and will make my fortune with PIRL.  Grin

https://ibb.co/f4qq9w
Activity: 171
Merit: 105
December 27, 2017, 07:07:55 AM

Yes, you can.  I have armor doing 30 Mh/s on ETH.  but won't do at 100w.  More like 120w.

Thanks alot. With this card bring 1/3 price of Vega 64 which is a unicorn at a decent price, I am leaning more towards RX 570.

What BIOS and settings are u using?

Thanks 👍

Custom BIOS but any 1500 straps mod would work fine and close to 30 MH/s with blockchain drivers or compute workload on latest adrenalin/crimson.  Clocks are 1140/2050-2100 depending on each card.
I just got some 570s and will be running my rig on Ubuntu server. To configure and mod my cards, I'll be using a Windows 10 Pro workstation for the most compatibility. This may be a dumb question but do you know if modding the BIOS of the cards to work on Windows 10 will affect their performance or functionality on Ubuntu Server? My thinking is if I can tinker with them to be efficient and powerful on Windows 10, then will I achieve the same results after modification plugging them into Ubuntu. This is of course with the appropriate drivers installed.
December 27, 2017, 06:19:14 AM

Get 29mhs for ETH
Get 876hs for ETN

Activity: 729
Merit: 114
December 27, 2017, 02:12:35 AM

Yes, you can.  I have armor doing 30 Mh/s on ETH.  but won't do at 100w.  More like 120w.

Thanks alot. With this card bring 1/3 price of Vega 64 which is a unicorn at a decent price, I am leaning more towards RX 570.

Thanks 👍

Custom BIOS but any 1500 straps mod would work fine and close to 30 MH/s with blockchain drivers or compute workload on latest adrenalin/crimson.  Clocks are 1140/2050-2100 depending on each card.
Activity: 32
December 27, 2017, 01:54:58 AM
I did not own any Vega yet but I think it is better to mine cryptonight algorithm because of very good hashrate in the algo, and whattomine also shows best profit compared to ETH.
Activity: 25
December 27, 2017, 01:44:55 AM

Thanks 👍
December 26, 2017, 11:32:13 PM

Sapphire is better built.  But gigabyte has 3 yrs warranty while sapphire has 2yrs.

On my Vega 64s I am getting stabe 43Mh/s with 130W withtout any BIOS mod.

I just got the MSI Armor 570 4GB with Hynix memory.
Now without any BIOS mod I am getting 20Mh/s.
GPU Clock 1000
Mem clock 1100

Do u think I will be able to push this card to 30Mh/s with BOIS mod with around 100W??

Please advice. Otherwise I might as well return it and get something else that u guys will recommend.

Advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Activity: 25
December 26, 2017, 10:28:54 PM

Sapphire is better built.  But gigabyte has 3 yrs warranty while sapphire has 2yrs.

On my Vega 64s I am getting stabe 43Mh/s with 130W withtout any BIOS mod.

I just got the MSI Armor 570 4GB with Hynix memory.
Now without any BIOS mod I am getting 20Mh/s.
GPU Clock 1000
Mem clock 1100

Do u think I will be able to push this card to 30Mh/s with BOIS mod with around 100W??

Please advice. Otherwise I might as well return it and get something else that u guys will recommend.

Advice is much appreciated.

Thanks
December 26, 2017, 02:27:01 PM
I'm at my first attempt of building a small rig and I need your help.
I have to choose between these two graphic cards:
Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse 4GB GDDR5 256bit 11266-04-20g
and
Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 256bit gv-rx570gaming-4gd
Which of them is better on hashrate, stability etc ?
What kind of memory do they have? Most say that they both have hynix mem, but i want to make sure
I appreciate any information you can give me.
Thanks!

Activity: 7
December 26, 2017, 02:25:32 PM
I'm at my first attempt of building a small rig and I need your help.
I have to choose between these two graphic cards:
Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Pulse 4GB GDDR5 256bit 11266-04-20g
and
Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 256bit gv-rx570gaming-4gd
Which of them is better on hashrate, stability etc ?
What kind of memory do they have? Most say that they both have hynix mem, but i want to make sure
I appreciate any information you can give me.
Thanks!
December 26, 2017, 11:39:07 AM
Hi,

Maybe someone can shed a light on this.

I am rocking a 12x RX 570 PowerColor Red dragon 4GB.

After modded bios, with adrenaline driver, only getting max 27mh/s. Then while mining, it drops sometimes to 10mh for 12 cards, then it goes back up to 240-311mh. It will never stay constant and my ping is above 1000ms most of the time, seldom will be 300ms range. Asia server on nanopool... What am i doing wrong? And msi afterburner cant seem to control the fan speeds..
Activity: 60
Merit: 2
December 23, 2017, 04:38:48 PM
I also changed the memory straps and get only 25mhs with the 570 and 27.5mhs with the 580 Rx. Both are 4gb versions.
I think next step is to adjust voltage and MHz?
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
December 21, 2017, 10:19:25 PM
Newbie Help Needed
I am running dual rx 570 8gb cards but am only getting 18mh/s from each card. From what I read on other post it should be 25-30mh/s each.

Any ideas. Running Simplemining OS. Mining ETH

Have you flashed the BIOS, this will get you some more h/s, if not then try this for starters, use the 'one click' option (not sure if 570's are supported).
https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor

Some more help:
https://anorak.tech/t/how-to-flash-a-amd-graphic-card-vbios/15
https://anorak.tech/c/downloads/asus

Note: Backup original BIOS first, this is most important.
Activity: 4
December 21, 2017, 08:57:20 AM
Newbie Help Needed
I am running dual rx 570 8gb cards but am only getting 18mh/s from each card. From what I read on other post it should be 25-30mh/s each.

Any ideas. Running Simplemining OS. Mining ETH
Activity: 155
Merit: 4
December 18, 2017, 09:36:45 PM
Ok so I will add some real measurements
570 samsung (multiple examples)
eth only
internet wall consumption: 93-110w
gpu-z:82
real wall consumption: 121w
vaious cvdd: 840-900
cclok: 1200
mclock: 2080-2100
mvdc: 865-885

Now my issues:
windows:
i did not found any command line OC tool
i did not found any OC tool that could set voltage for gpu and memory - even the generic voltage settings in trixx are super weird and afterburner does not work
cards run quite stable, but once a 3 days one can reset, then wattman gets error or something and resets the card and hashrate is 25
if i restart claymore then i get to 28
if i restart pc then i get back to 29.5
if i connect new card to the pc it gets about 28
if i restart pc then i get new card to the 29.5
If power is lost and pc forcefully resets i get 25
If i soft restart pc then i get to 28
another restart back to 29.5
- how can i avoid these restart and get stable performance?

Claymore OC only woks with 17.30 drivers, anything newer  and i can't OC
Fan still shuts off with -fanmin 50 and -tt 55 - should i just not specify "tt" to make it run all the time?

I can't use RPD, if i use it claymore does not OC.
There is funny but in AMD 17.12(17.50) AMD drivers - that amd settings throws out dll erros related to windows media feature pack on windows 10 N.
Amd settings does not work on VNC without real display being connected.

linux:
Is there any commandline working OC tool for linux?
I get +20w power consumption on same bios in linux - is this normal? (latest gpu-pro drivers with the thingy in grub set)
I get lower hashrate in linux at the same time - is this normal?
Claymore OC does not work for me in linux.

Mostly i'm concerned about super weird reset behavior on windows - that is super frustrating.
If it is possible to get AMD working on linux with OC that would be awesome Smiley - generic linux - debian/arch/ubuntu server
Activity: 1
December 16, 2017, 03:39:44 PM
I see that by now it has become a fashion to ask for money, btc, eth, to share a bios with the community, the man and the greedy, poor world

Angry Angry Angry Angry
Just get the Polaris 1.6 fork and save your Eth
https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor
It detects your card memory and applies optimal timings for your card, better then just copying straps down from 1500. Also make sure to back up your Rom as always.

Unfortunately, yes, and mostly in those private messages, like they never used help from someone before. :S

Just want to thank you for sharing the info about the latest PolarisBiosEditor.  i really appreciate it.
Pages:
Jump to: