Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost? - page 33. (Read 6405 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 02:25:59 PM
I’ve had people try on telegram but I educated myself and I don’t fall for any of it now. Most people impersonate admins
Activity: 443
Merit: 100
https://streamies.io/
May 02, 2018, 02:25:12 PM
I've been already scammed by a campaign. I participated in their signature campaign and has done the things they are requiring but in the end, they left their participants hanging. No updates at all and they did not paid us for our hard work and dedication.
Activity: 162
May 02, 2018, 02:24:07 PM
Yes ive been thru a lot of scams. They said that they will give you the chance to have an amount of bitcoin just only to pay amount they needed. I put trust on them but definitely it didnt work out and they disappeared just like a bubbles.
Activity: 51
May 02, 2018, 02:20:33 PM
So I need to be wary of greetings from strangers from twitter and telegram, and I can get a variety of people masquerade as ICO project every day to ask if I need to buy tokens.
Activity: 31
May 02, 2018, 01:51:07 PM
I can not say if this is scam or not. After registrating for an airdrop, they changed the ETH wallet and when the ICO's were to be released they changed the whole ETH wallet address and paid into the changed ones. That airdrop is a scam
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain
May 02, 2018, 02:07:22 AM
We will find many scammers commonly on the social media forum such as the twitter and telegram. But, I also find some sending the scam emails.
For the scam ICO, fortunately, I never involved in the scam ICO. It is too relieved and hopes to be able to avoid them.
Scammers are exactly everywhere. So, we just must pay more attention and be careful in choosing the ICO project, bounty programs, airdrops, and other offerings.
Activity: 308
Merit: 30
May 02, 2018, 01:41:20 AM
No, in my almost a year experience here in the company of bitcoins, there is no any moment that I get be scammed by other people.
I always provide a wide range critical thinking so all the possibilities may arise and be think briefly.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
May 01, 2018, 05:24:11 PM
there are a couple of bounty companies that promised big income now do not pay coins after the end of the bounty and when you ask managers a question they just keep silent I think it's very not fair because you always try to lead the company in good faith
Activity: 319
Merit: 10
Apeswap Finance
May 01, 2018, 11:52:49 AM
scammers can not be controlled in the crypto world, so be careful and improve your security, not to give information to others.
Activity: 70
May 01, 2018, 11:46:41 AM
I’ve had people try on telegram but I educated myself and I don’t fall for any of it now. Most people impersonate admins  Smiley
Activity: 52
May 01, 2018, 11:43:57 AM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
one time i was really close to be scammed, participated in ICO ,whole chat was waiting for a ETH adress and someone posted it ,looks like legit, many sent their eth to this fake adress but i checked first eth adress in mail and saw that they are different
Activity: 434
Merit: 268
May 01, 2018, 11:35:40 AM
Me not, but my friend was scammed here oh this forum, some thief stoled his account so be carefull guyz
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
May 01, 2018, 11:33:35 AM
I just want to say here that people should understand the meaning of scam, some things do not REALLY qualify for scam, depending on how you see it. For example, I was part of a project but only as a sign up member, promised a small amount of free tokens. I did not refer anyone, did not do anything else, but eventually the project only awarded some people for sign ups, I got nothing and was lumped into category of multiple referrals. It did not make sense since I did not sign up under anyone or ask anyone to sign up under me but it taught me a valuable lesson about "free" things. Did I get scammed? I do not think so. But others would have said so.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 01, 2018, 11:30:18 AM
I was almost cheated when following ico, I got telegram PM from someone claiming to be a dev, he told me the website was in trouble and gave me a wallet address for me to send my eth
Do not ever believe if there is someone who sends by telegram. investment has its own way with the website and also there kyc process for self-verification ourselves. not that easy. it's obviously a scam
Activity: 75
May 01, 2018, 11:26:15 AM
So far I have not been scammed but almost when I noticed that there was something wrong with the whole idea presented. And more often they would ask for coins to be deposited in their accounts. When these things get in between conversations I would always stop to analyze what is really going on. In this manner I can think more than twice before I could decide and fall into their traps.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
May 01, 2018, 11:17:15 AM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

I have been scammed quiet often in my early times in the crypto currency community, but as the days go by I have learned a lot from it and it never happened again.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 586
May 01, 2018, 10:50:55 AM
Well I would say yes. I have been scammed. I joined a particular campaign. I have worked for about six weeks before i could detect that the project is a scam. One needs to be careful when choosing them.
Yes i've been scam many times, even i check all there background maybe the best thing to do is just forget and accept whatever happens, then just keep participate in the project until you find a good project campaign, like what i do right now. And now i found and participated to a good campaign, i suggest just be careful choosing campaign before joining to it and it can help you if study and analyze the campaign to avoid being scam.
Activity: 103
May 01, 2018, 10:44:12 AM
I was almost cheated when following ico, I got telegram PM from someone claiming to be a dev, he told me the website was in trouble and gave me a wallet address for me to send my eth
Activity: 432
May 01, 2018, 10:26:40 AM
Well I would say yes. I have been scammed. I joined a particular campaign. I have worked for about six weeks before i could detect that the project is a scam. One needs to be careful when choosing them.
Activity: 26
May 01, 2018, 10:24:06 AM
For this moment it is better to careful on joing or choosing a bounty campaign. Scammers always good at first, and they got the proper timing at work.
Pages:
Jump to: