Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost? - page 31. (Read 6405 times)

Activity: 333
Merit: 10
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
May 11, 2018, 03:25:32 AM
There are many methods to avoid scammers. That is, we should not talk to people who contact us and introduce themselves as project owners who want to sell ICO coins cheaply.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
May 11, 2018, 03:25:22 AM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
I was cheated so badly that I was almost completely skinny.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
May 11, 2018, 03:24:39 AM
yes scammer is very troubling he always comes every day in a way that is always different, we must be more careful in everything to avoid the scammers
Activity: 266
Merit: 15
May 11, 2018, 03:24:11 AM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
Yes, there are a lot of emails sent to me every day and all the content of the email is an introduction to potential ICO projects and I want to invest in it. But I fully understand that these are just fake ICO projects created by scammers
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
May 11, 2018, 03:23:48 AM
Now there are charlatans everywhere they are clever to exploit the situation. Often on the encounter as you follow a bounty blog article and the gift of social media such as twitter and facebook. They are very much so you need to be careful before making a decision.
Activity: 84
May 11, 2018, 03:23:22 AM
I got scammed in a way of not paying me, us for 3 months of doing bounties. That was my firstime to be scammed and I feel so disappointed since I really worked for that ICO.
Activity: 280
May 11, 2018, 03:22:40 AM
I have never been scamed on the internet. My calculation is very careful. When I start dealing with someone, I will look for a third person to mediate between the seller and the buyer

You're right. That is a safe way for everyone to avoid scammers. But we should find a reputable third person. Sometimes a scammer is a third person and we will still lose money
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
May 11, 2018, 03:20:15 AM
Scammers are everywhere most especially on telegram. They will pretend like they are part of the company or ico and get some details on you and will ask for donation to get your bounty. Don't be a fool, be aware about this kind of modus.
Activity: 176
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
May 11, 2018, 03:18:58 AM
I have never been scamed on the internet. My calculation is very careful. When I start dealing with someone, I will look for a third person to mediate between the seller and the buyer
Activity: 126
May 11, 2018, 03:17:24 AM
Yes, I was fooled $ 200 by a scamer on the telegram. scamer contacted me and said he just bought a lot of CPY coin and wanted to sell it for me. So I traded with him and then he never transferred the coins to me
Activity: 112
May 11, 2018, 03:15:32 AM
I was just fooled when I was investing in a potential ICO project, scamer created a website similar to the ICO site I wanted to invest. Then the scamer forces everyone to transfer ETH to his address
Activity: 112
May 11, 2018, 03:13:19 AM
There are many scammers on social networking sites, I have been bothered a lot since I joined a few groups discussing Bitcoin on facebook and twitter.
Activity: 322
May 11, 2018, 03:12:04 AM
Scammers contact me every single day in Telegram. They start with "Hey user". What a lame and obvious approach. They are my greatest entertainment. I joke with them and mock them severely.
You're right, there are a lot of scammers on telegrams, they pretend to be admins of an ICO project and they say they can sell ICO coins for us. They create accounts and change the image like the support of  project
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
May 11, 2018, 03:08:33 AM
There are a lot of scammers who mess up and they find a way to contact me, they say they own a lot of ICO coins and they want to sell them to me. I never bought and paid attention to these people
Activity: 88
May 11, 2018, 03:06:43 AM
There are too many problems. I can't believe ICO now. It has been made bad by the market. I will only go to the exchange to buy some coins, but I will not participate in ICO.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
May 11, 2018, 02:26:31 AM

Scammers are sprouting everywhere. They are consistently increasing in numbers since the potential gain out of their stupid activities are very attractive. Their strategies are also getting more complicated. Aside from soliciting investments, they are also setting up phishing sites, creating fake ICOs, etc. The ball is in our hands now to be very cautious and careful.
Activity: 113
May 11, 2018, 02:17:40 AM
I haven’t met crooks yet, but I think the scammers in social networks are everywhere and we need to be careful not only in participating in ICO projects but also in social networks.
Activity: 24
May 10, 2018, 02:31:21 PM
I have scammed with my twitter account but I got it back quickly. I was sad when suddenly another pics appeared to my twitter account.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
May 09, 2018, 12:34:08 PM
I almost got scammed once when I was trying to join some ico, their server was overload because there's a lot of people that want to get into that project, and there's this scammer on telegram that use similar username as the admin dm me and send the contract address alongside with other words like tos that made it more convincing. Luckily I check the address on etherscan and saw there's only a little transaction there and become suspicious.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
When Football meets Crypto
May 09, 2018, 12:29:53 PM

It was very easy to determine if the person is just a scammer or hacker, some of them are just creating phishing sites or they will send you fake links so always be careful to whom you are having transactions if the person is trusted or not.
Pages:
Jump to: