Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you ever invested in an ICO? - page 5. (Read 1989 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
November 17, 2017, 10:18:52 AM
Yes, you need to spend some time researching the project (team, $ hard cap, working product/prototype, partnership, token utility, etc...) and then you can be rewarded. No need to trust all the websites that offer you ICO reviews...

For example, I recently invested a small amount in Modum ICO (https://modum.io/): (solid swiss team,working product, big pharma partners,token that pays dividend, reasonable $ hard cap) the ICO wasn't even sold-out but now the token is worth almost 3x than the ICO value. I didn't sell any MOD yet  since I believe in the project long term
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
November 17, 2017, 10:10:10 AM
I've always stayed away from throwing my precious coins to icos or mediocre projects. Im very cautious about my investments, thats why i do  not understand what these people are lining up to throw money at these icos. But im not saying there arent good projects. But talk about over valued company raising 8 digit figures based on a white paper.. but i finally pulled the trigger and invested into the spectre project. Thats why im also joined the sig bounty to earn extra spectre tokens. You should check it out, im not advertising as i did heavily invested into this project. Once you join the telegram channel and speak with the team, you will understand why im confident in this project.
Yeah, I personally ignore most announcements about new ICOs too, I think I've only invested in one or two, made a profit and quit.
I might invest in something, but then it'll have to be something I'm really confident about.

Besides, everybody is focused on Bitcoin now.
Activity: 280
Merit: 122
November 17, 2017, 10:01:44 AM
Once i participated in many many ico and some of them give me some profits while most are just waste of time and money, i lost interest in ico now, if i really like one coin, i will buy from the exchange, it will probably cheaper than ico price
Activity: 173
November 17, 2017, 09:58:30 AM
I've always stayed away from throwing my precious coins to icos or mediocre projects. Im very cautious about my investments, thats why i do  not understand what these people are lining up to throw money at these icos. But im not saying there arent good projects. But talk about over valued company raising 8 digit figures based on a white paper.. but i finally pulled the trigger and invested into the spectre project. Thats why im also joined the sig bounty to earn extra spectre tokens. You should check it out, im not advertising as i did heavily invested into this project. Once you join the telegram channel and speak with the team, you will understand why im confident in this project.
You're right, most of the ICO has the risk of financial fraud and illegal fund-raising, and it's fair to say that many ICO is a scam.
I was involved in ENJ's ICO, and as a result, you saw that the price of ENJ was very sad for me, but even worse was that I was involved in ENJ's ICO, which was a quarter of my total assets, and I was depressed.
Activity: 336
November 17, 2017, 09:58:21 AM
Invested in 3 ico,Monetha,Air,Enjin.All of them lost their value -70% .What's the point Angry Feeling stupid  Undecided
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
November 17, 2017, 09:51:14 AM
I've invested in 4 ICOS, RedPulse and Hercoin are my biggest investments so far. Let's wait and see where these two coins will develop. Maybe, from the (hopefully) profits can invest a part in new ICOS, etc.

I was struck by the hype at RedPulse, but I'm satisfied so far.

I invested in herocoin because it was the first ICO from my home country and the topic Esports, bets, .... in my opinion, has a great future.

At esports.com, which is from my signature, I will also invest a smaller amount
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
November 17, 2017, 09:38:54 AM
Activity: 1344
Merit: 110
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 17, 2017, 09:35:49 AM
I still haven't invested in an ICO, whenever I see potential in an upcoming one still I am not able to invest due to minimum required of ether to be sent. I am also afraid of investing on some new ICOs that have unknown devs running it because it might be just a scam.
Activity: 443
Merit: 100
November 17, 2017, 09:31:38 AM
if I want to invest my money in ico usually see wibsite from ico, and so forth. after i feel confident new i seek opinion to my co-workers if they also agree i'm sure ico that i will follow will not scam.
Activity: 742
November 17, 2017, 09:27:53 AM
no , i'm dont ever interest to invest in ICO
more ICO now seems to scam investor , but 1 ICO i dont know this scam or not
the ICO is Electroneum *cmiiw or ETN
After launch , ETN reached price 0.5$ *cmiiw again
hmm i'm not sure ETN is scam , i means 50:50 , 50% scam 50% legits
Activity: 251
Presale is live!
November 17, 2017, 08:48:11 AM
No i haven’t invested in any ICO campaign yet. I don’t think i know enough to judge a ICO if it’s good or not.I will gather some more coins and then I will definetly start participating ICOs.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
November 17, 2017, 08:44:59 AM
There were some news that Amazon bought three domains like amazonetherum etc.
They said they are not planing to do an ICO or accepting Crypto Coins on Amazon.
The first larger company that will do an ICO will be my first bigger investment. This will be a game changer.
Activity: 278
Merit: 104
November 17, 2017, 06:34:02 AM
I've never tried investing in ICOs. Im just participating in their bounties or airdrop but I don't have a plan on investing. I don't trust ICOs that much and that is my opinion only
Activity: 446
Merit: 252
November 16, 2017, 03:27:35 PM
No, and I don't think I ever will. Unless I see something that really just blows my mind, I'm quite content to participate in sig campaigns, airdrops, and do a little trading on the side.

Activity: 132
November 16, 2017, 03:24:19 PM
The most important thing is to do your own research about a coin before buying any ICO. Or you wait at the exchange gate to buy any ICO you are interested in
Activity: 132
November 16, 2017, 03:22:27 PM
It is not all ICOs that are scam. Some of the are legit. Its just that to identify those that are legit is difficult
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
November 16, 2017, 12:32:31 PM
Yes I invested several times in ICO, most part of them was profitable for me, howewer some of them was scam, this was a lesson for me. Now I research more about ICO and team before invest. Regulation should be I think.

You seems really lucky person who made the profit with the ICO all the time. Not some of the people are scammers dude. You can find all the people definetely looses their money in ICO atleast one time.
When you guys are planning to invest on ICO token sale. At first you have to read their white paper release and blog. You may get more information and can clearly understand the project relevancy to cryptos.
Activity: 796
Merit: 251
November 16, 2017, 12:28:23 PM
Yes I invested several times in ICO, most part of them was profitable for me, howewer some of them was scam, this was a lesson for me. Now I research more about ICO and team before invest. Regulation should be I think.
Activity: 154
November 16, 2017, 12:28:00 PM
And do they have a future in general?

I think regulation can be good...right now just seems like there are so many (potential) scams.
Yeah, I invested in few ICO's from yobit but that didn't end up well so I am actually scared to buy tokens during ico.
From that time I have been joining only bounties if I believe project will become big.
Regulation is good but giving your personal information without knowing something is scam is big no no, ICO regulation has to be world wide and not only in few countries.

Please let know if you come across good bounty programs where we can participate. SInce you are senior member you might have more experience in analyzing ico's and their project.
Activity: 114
Merit: 18
Just enjoy once!
November 16, 2017, 12:27:09 PM
Hiii!!

I have invested in somes ICO but I havent had good experiences, I didnt lost money, but I have seen how the project's go out to the market with price lower than the ICO ... I know that by investing in the ICO, you invest in the project, but if we talk about profit... it is better to buy in the market when it comes out and hodl. Thats what I did with some new project and I bought at a lower price than ICO. Anyway, with some ICO you have to wait long time till the release in markets... Thats my experience.. Good Luck!
Pages:
Jump to: