Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you ever invested in an ICO? - page 9. (Read 1989 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
November 08, 2017, 02:53:18 AM
And do they have a future in general?

I think regulation can be good...right now just seems like there are so many (potential) scams.

Yes, i have invested in ICOs.

I've invested in Antshares(NEO now) as well as Datum which is still ongoing. Antshares obviously turned out to be a great investment, though i definitely sold way too early at just a fraction of the current price being traded at.

ICOs are only emerging now as a viable way of making investments. It'll continue to make an impact.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1070
November 08, 2017, 02:44:33 AM
I invest some ico project
I get good money from waves and lisk
waiting tezos result
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Option Blitz
November 08, 2017, 02:39:31 AM
I am waiting to invest in Spectre ICO. This project will begin crowd-sale on November 17th. The pre-sale hit over $6. If you like it, you can access the website to get information https://www.spectre.ai
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
November 08, 2017, 02:03:11 AM
yes, i've been try to invest to an ICO just once, because we just try if my coin will rise up so we try it and when the ICO's done i just get 10% i think then i never invest again.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
November 08, 2017, 01:55:39 AM

I think regulation can be good...right now just seems like there are so many (potential) scams.

no, i have yet invested on an ico but i can say yes, ico's actually have a future though not all of them and i think all ico's are regulated because they are compose of real people that operates real time but sad to say that most ico's these days are just scam or ponzi that will likey vanished after some people invested on their company yet there were few legit and promising ico that still ongoing for the development of their project.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
November 08, 2017, 01:42:28 AM

The last ICO that I have invested in was DIMCOIN ICO back in July. In my opinion, I think the coin has huge potential and the chances of making it in the near future, and might benefit investors who are willing to hold for long term. I love the idea behind the project and the fact its not just a coin but there is also an ecosystem involved, which might excelerate the value after some years, and the nice part is that I started making profit during the ICO phase.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 08, 2017, 12:45:29 AM
In my opinion ICOs are a legit innovation in fundraising, I think it will be around in some type of format for a long time. With that being said the current application ICOs are still very immature and I think ICOs conducted a few years from now will look very different to the ones we are seeing now.
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
November 08, 2017, 12:20:33 AM

I've been invested in the ICO several times and it became x3 to more than x 10 that I get after their campaign ended. So up to now I still doing it as long I know the ico is potentials and legit as well.
Activity: 252
November 07, 2017, 06:12:29 PM
I have invested in a few ICOs, having made good gains initially but not doing so good recently. I think the market certainly become more sceptical to ICO now and be particular careful with those ICO that offer heavy discount during private sale as they can dump at a much lower price than a regular ICO contributor
Activity: 195
November 07, 2017, 06:04:38 PM
Yes I have invested in many icos but I have never do right choices except one which is populous but fortunately I have put only 100$ .
Activity: 336
November 07, 2017, 05:18:51 PM

You are right, regulation is really necessary and Russia had launch her first legal ICO last week so i think the other country will follow.
Personally I have participated to Monaco and I receive token on time like they say, everything was nice.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
November 07, 2017, 04:59:32 PM

TO be honest , there are several good projects in my mind but the system of bonuses at the start for big investors make them non profitable after the ico is done and the coins are dumped.

The only one project for me to invest as investor in long run would be GRID+, they are real they dont even mes around with the bounty and I ike that.
Activity: 325
November 07, 2017, 04:51:24 PM
No never have , never will and never intend to. ICO is like the internet bubble start up buzzword, being Tellselled by just another Amazing Mike.
99,9% is Creme de la Crap. 
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
November 07, 2017, 04:48:01 PM
Yes, I take part in many bounty campaigns, so analyzed projects, read white paper, look team and what is the main thought of the project, so after that I really found few projects in which invested. Of course, I invested just 100$ for each, but that is good for the start.

I think some of the ICOs are able to come up with Bitcoins in the future. Crypto is growing and mutually supportive. The rates of these coins are satisfactory and I think we will soon see a breakthrough.
Activity: 406
November 07, 2017, 01:38:59 PM
Yes, I take part in many bounty campaigns, so analyzed projects, read white paper, look team and what is the main thought of the project, so after that I really found few projects in which invested. Of course, I invested just 100$ for each, but that is good for the start.
Activity: 728
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
November 07, 2017, 01:23:36 PM
Yes I invested in ICO projects which I find promising. It is true that we can’t totally be sure whether the project will turn out to be scam. That is why we need to do research before investing.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 07, 2017, 01:17:45 PM
Yes I have, I made some mistake at first, but now I don't take much risks anymore. If you do your research well enough, you should not have many problems.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
November 07, 2017, 12:52:43 PM

I agree, too many scams at this point with some gems in between
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 07, 2017, 12:39:46 PM

Yes, I have been investing in ICO's but I only invested my time since I can only afford to lose it rather than losing money. They do have a future but not all of them in general. I have been investing my time in some bounties like Soferox and for now I am into Spectre.ai which is a unique and a one of a kind project with a working software that has potential to grow in the future. It is really hard to tell whether an ICO is a potential scam without doing intensive research about the idea of the project, the team and a working application. Investing money on ICO's kinda hurt our feelings, wallets and purses most especially if the one we are in turns out to be a scammy one.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
November 07, 2017, 12:37:48 PM
I've invested in a couple of ICO's, luckily it wasn't too much money,lol..even those projects that seem to sale millions of their tokens during their ICO , turned out to really suck when getting on the exchanges. Seems like the team that makes the most during their ICO doesn't put in anymore effort in promoting/upgrading their project when getting on the exchanges. Safer to buy the tokens when they just been listed on an exchange. My opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: