Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you experienced discrimination in the work? - page 3. (Read 1356 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Yes, I face it a lot of times. The better opportunities are given to men first than us.
Activity: 27
No we are a very young and a modern company and we treat everyone equally.
Activity: 60
Yes I have been discriminated even in a job in USA as I was an Indian Sad
Activity: 30
Yes, as always.. maybe because of that is the trend in most of the companies that workers do adopted in ways of mannerism in which you must proved to them that you are not to be bullied.
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
Becouse it is generally unlawful to discriminate against a person in the workplace on the following grounds.           Becouse of your Race
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Physical or mental disability
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

Actually yes, I have experinced discrimination at my previous work before. I remembered that I was discriminated because of my gender. I was the only girl in our team before and because of that, guys there thought of me the weakest member of the team. What I did was I proved them that I can also excel in that field. Luckily, I had been the top performer of the team.
Activity: 116
I was once discriminated just because I was black in complexion than the others who used to work there and soon I left the job
Activity: 75
Certainly, I have experienced some discrimination due to age and sex. But it is usually more subtle. Such as that my views are not listened to, or that it takes a more senior person or man to reiterate exactly what I have said for someone to go, "ohhhhhh, excellent idea, well done"  Roll Eyes Also, many borderline sexual advances that were certainly not appropriate.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Hmm so far, there's really not much of discrimination at work except for maybe my age differs from a lot of employees in my department. Most of them are older and in their 30's going to their 40's.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Sometimes I do face it. The women in the office are treated better than us.

Well, they really need to be treated nicely in the office in certain times, just like when there are tasks that are harder for them to accomplish, like lifting heavy objects or running fast to the other branch, then men should do that. However, when it comes to performance, it should be fair.

In where I work, there is not much discrimination as we don't have redundant tasks, each has his/her own things to do. But on my job before, there is this favoritism, some of those suckers are favored over us who work hard and not that near the kitchen(boss's office)
Activity: 52
Not really. The discrimination that happens in my office is understandable.
Activity: 29
Sometimes I do face it. The women in the office are treated better than us.
Activity: 30
I don't support this policy. This is insane bro Sad how could they discriminate even against a pregnant lady?
Activity: 40
Its not right Sad we all are working to get paid so no discrimination should be allowed as we are pouring same effort for a work
Activity: 109
Merit: 1
Complete transparency on your charitable donations
BECAUSE OF MY POSITION!!!! So if they are manager??? They don't have the right to discriminate their staff to the extent they will cry, that's why some people are getting killed on their way to their houses... If you know hat I mean, but I never do such things, when I was discriminate I only pretend it doesn't happen and let go, people have their own way of releasing their jealousy, one is this, so if they discriminate you it means they are just insecure.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
It is illegal to discriminate based on race, religion, gender, or national original when hiring or in the workplace. Federal contractors and subcontractors must take affirmative action to guarantee equal employment opportunity without regard to these factors.

Copy/Paste https://www.thebalance.com/types-of-employment-discrimination-with-examples-2060914

Good job! Get that newbie! Cheesy

On topic: I have never been discriminated, but I'm in the mainstream somewhere. A white young male, moderately attractive, rather fit, heterosexual, libertarian atheist. Can't really touch that and if you try, don't think that I will care. I've also never discriminated anyone. I tend to let others live their lives as they like. I have my opinions but I don't really go around telling others how to live, even if I don't approve of them.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
I'm glad to say that I haven't had any experience regarding being discriminated in the workplace. However, I think it is not right to do that to others without giving them the chance to prove themselves.
Activity: 1022
it is true that there is no experienced about discrimination
in the work. I think if men and women work together as winning and if tere is any discrimination working  you can't
succeed    
Activity: 17
Yes, for my age mostly, been on management for a hwile and being way younger than people I manage is not easy, they don't believe I'm guiding them towards their success because their egos are huge, that is a way of discrimination
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
It is illegal to discriminate based on race, religion, gender, or national original when hiring or in the workplace. Federal contractors and subcontractors must take affirmative action to guarantee equal employment opportunity without regard to these factors.

Copy/Paste https://www.thebalance.com/types-of-employment-discrimination-with-examples-2060914
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
There should be no discrimination in a work-place as long as the
involved employee is hardworking and a reliable tool that delivers
on the values of employment. Isolation can only be allowed
on the ground of health concerns.If an employee has a terminal sickness
or diseases that may be contagious.Such staff may be contained by isolation.
It is not discrimination, it is isolation we may call it due to ill health issues.
Pages:
Jump to: