Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you experienced discrimination in the work? - page 5. (Read 1356 times)

Activity: 426
Merit: 250
Discrimination is most often due to race. But there are situations when a person simply displays his luck and prevents others from moving along the career ladder. Thank God I did not feel this.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Don't mind anything around you, your job is to work for your boss and to earn money and not to talk with your office mates or think about what they are feeling or what they are doing.

I never experience that thing, and I don't care either, it would just distract you in what you are doing. Those who loves to look at their office mates and talk about them would lead to lesser performance.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
Becouse it is generally unlawful to discriminate against a person in the workplace on the following grounds.           Becouse of your Race
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Physical or mental disability
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

There always is discrimination in all kinds of work. The most common is gender discrimination.
PIR
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
Discrimination happens all the time specially when you live and work abroad, what you are, how you dress, how you work, even your face, color of skin and soon  and so forth their list seem endless. but despite this discrimination just do your work well even though they bullies you, you're performance will outweigh them all prove that you're too tough to be move to be discriminated and most of all prove to them that you'r capable of loving them still even though they thought you something different that they are.
Activity: 161
No one deserves discrimination, but the problem people every person's weaknesses are become the object to discriminate by someone who don't understand the value of one's life.
Activity: 49
Becouse it is generally unlawful to discriminate against a person in the workplace on the following grounds.           Becouse of your Race
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

Big YES, discrimination is everywhere, Especially at work, those high rank officials in a workplace seems like they don't commit any mistakes in their lives nor other elite people does.
copper member
Activity: 420
Yes, I have been discriminated for my sexual orientation, mental & also physical disability & also my age. I was the most youngest among all the people there.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

Yes, i I've experienced it when i was working because i am a girl they treate like i am not capable of the job and not suit with the position.

But i overcome it by working hard and showing them my all efforts and working capabilities towards work.
Activity: 266
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

No i never get discrimation in workplace. But sometime my lazy friend is making me angry. She work but like not work. All job handled by my self. But actually it should be done by 2 people. But could not say anything to her since i dont want to make any problem.
Activity: 121
Merit: 13
My sex that is representing me as a woman is sometimes a reason for my discrimination in the work. Everyone thinks women are just a joke in all kinds of work fields and that they cant do better. Men think they have the power over every woman out there and that their knowledge is better but we live in 21 century and every woman has equal rights. I am fighting this discrimination and I suggest to all out there who have been discriminated that they must make a stand for themselves and fight back.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

I think many people had experienced discrimination. For example women mostly experience discrimination because of sex. Religion is also another discrimination for people who work in different countries. Think about you were a muslim in christian country or vice versa.
Activity: 298
Merit: 102
In our work at promotion, first of all, the muzhiks are offered, and if there is no suitable one, then they will be better off from the side than their lady will be nominated. Chauvinism. And the answer is one: "Do you, girls, remind where the door is?"
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
I experienced discrimination. I experienced racial discrimination. where I work, people exclude me because of my race. I had nothing to do. I had to settle for them. they always exclude people who need the money. If you are rich, nobody will exclude you.
Activity: 155
never. my people who works in my workplace are kindly person, so they will never do discrimination to other people although those people are still junior.
PIR
Activity: 322
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
Yes! sometimes, they have favoritism and sometimes they make fun of me but i just kept everything in my heart and instead of quarreling with them or argue with them.. and pity party over what they did to me I resolve to beat them in the ground they wouldn't know about, the battle they cannot even imagine.. wrestling with prayer i guess that the best thing i can do with them and then i will be able to deal with them politely and lovingly.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
there is always a discrimination whenever we went may it be in work in or in school racial discrimination, gender, sin color economic status, they are everywhere and it s not easy to confront them and depend yourself. it takes a lot of courage and understanding to be able to deal with them. regardless of all these discrimination as long as you know yourself and your're confident with what you are, where you are and how you raise you need not to worry lift your head held high and walk and smile and be happy.
Activity: 40
non whatsoever

and I am not the type to whine and moan about paranoid race or sex based "discrimination"
Activity: 154
Oh yes I have. The most blatant case was when I worked for small business in town. I had the most horrific woman as a boss. You would not believe some of the stuff that came out of her mouth. I don't even dare putting it here but it was about AA women and men. I also saw some discrimination against women when working for a traditional good size company. It was pretty clear where the glass ceiling was.
Activity: 112
When I was working abroad for my internship, people started to see that I was really doing well and started calling me names like mexican chinese and filipino rat. They actually threatened me with department. I wasn't even afraid because my boss actually sees my success and doesn't let me get bullied.
Good for you! Well, discrimination will always be present at work but you must prove to them that you can rise above the negativities and showcase what you can do. Dont't let these negative parameters define you.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
The manar at which the menace of discrimination in work place is going is alarming, how can you treat a co worker based on status Rather then individual persons. We are first human before any other societal status follows.
Pages:
Jump to: