Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you experienced discrimination in the work? - page 6. (Read 1356 times)

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1
I believe some sort of discrimination exist in our society on the basis of cast, creed, race, gender or even religion. It is very troublesome.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
It's normal to be discriminated in work. You'd experience bullying at first, then personal attacks. It's a matter of how to take it that will matter. React like a professional, and in the end you will succeed
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
Becouse it is generally unlawful to discriminate against a person in the workplace on the following grounds.           Becouse of your Race
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Physical or mental disability
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

I've been living, studying and working overseas for eight years, I come from an Asian Country. I have been discriminated against, based on my race and religion. This is unfortunately something most expats go through at least once in their lives.
Activity: 36
i think i don't have one
they never be there when i needed
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
I feel lucky to have never experienced discrimination in the workplace. Where I work, all work is shared fairly. The existence of differences in age, education, religion, and marital status does not make us drop each other. Here we help-help, respect, and do not discriminate against each other.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
Yes of course. There are many circumstances about discrimination, like for example on your preference ,like wearing of clothes. I remember one time in my work, there are many of my co-employees backbiting about me and I feel so sad before.
Activity: 112
Becouse it is generally unlawful to discriminate against a person in the workplace on the following grounds.           Becouse of your Race
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

Discrimination always occur every where, at work at school at home sometimes you will feel discriminated. But most often at work.like if you graduated on that and this school meaning you geaduatwd on not so popular school  then if your not licence or board and bar passer. Then if you are newbie in the work you willl be discriminate.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
there was no discrimination on my workplace, but as in every society there were many rumors about everyone regardless of race, religion and sexual orientation
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

Yes, I have experienced it in the past. Most people in my past work are judgemental, specially when it comes to your race. They often make fun of people who did not originate from their society because of other peoples appearance and how they speak. I am a Filipino, and my past officemates always make fun of me whenever I speak english specfically because of my filipino accent. We must never criticize anyone because of their appearance and personality, in a workspace we should be mature and professionals .
Activity: 24
Yes, as a journalist I felt discriminated when I realized that people were treating me badly because they didn't like that I tell inconvenient truths.
Activity: 39
"Our experience is that the workplace has changed fundamentally over the pa"Our experience is that the workplace has changed fundamentally over the past 30 years.Businesses are better than ever at managing maternity leave and reintegrating on their return.
Activity: 17
On several occasions, I have been discriminated on age,sex and tribe.
Activity: 110
Merit: 100
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

I really think this happens all the time and any where. There's always discrimination at work, school, public and anywhere you go. People will always be bias same thing goes for us, we may not be aware but we discriminate and we are bias sometimes. I guess there's no cure for this because it's part of our nature to discriminate others and feel bad if we experience the things that we do to others.
Activity: 113
Yes I have that kind discrimination in work. Since I work at trading company, first month I still learning from my senior, after three months I promotion from my manager. First day I work after promotion many my workmate maybe looking me like an enemy, they doesn't want to open to me again like before. Then I was feel discrimination, I try lobbying one on one every workmate in my office, around 2 weeks they changes. First I explain to them, is not I requesting to be promotion my job position. Manager choose me because my performances in working was reliable and reponsible to my jobdesk. I try motivated them, they also can achieve like me even more then me. If someday they can achieve it, I'm willing to help them.
Activity: 560
Merit: 252
First i had no high school degree, my boss with one believed he was better than me.
Then I had no bachelor degree, my boss with one believed he was better than me.
Then i had no master degree, my boss with one believed he was better than me.
Then i had no doctorate degree, my boss with one believed he was better than me.
Then i had no phd degree, my boss with one belived he was better than me.

My bossed were fired when their new owners bought them, they hated school, they prefer to make money... and didn't care at all about what i did, they wanted to know what i will do.

/rant off

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500
Becouse of your Sex
Your Sexual orientation
Your Age
Your Marital status
While your Pregnancy
Your Religion

Those above are a bit supperfical, i have experienced discrimination because of my nationality and it is not pleasant at all. Stupid people walk around. Some things will alway exist. To bad....
Activity: 35
Whether it be work or school, race has been a challenge for me. Just because I'm a certain race doesn't mean I'm a genius at something or that I'm interested in something. Racial stereotypes are pretty irritating since they don't apply to me.
Activity: 11
yes because they think that if you are young and don't have experienced they will underestimate you, but as a human it is their  nature of to test you.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
I got discriminated because of being pregnant out of wedlock.. in order for me not to lose my job, i got married but it only end up to separation. And also i felt discriminated because of my age. I become head of our program and since all of my subordinates are older than me, they used to undermine me.. they dont follow my instructions and used to continue the wrong things that they are doing before..and its very hard to handle them because they think that i dont have the ability to become their boss.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
I am constantly discriminated because of my sex. Because I am a man, nobody  is smiling at me, they are all smiling at the women. Also, nobody is inviting me out for dinner, which again happens to the women very frequently. And the women can dress like a man and if they do they get even more respected but if I dress as a woman I don't get more respected at all. We have to do something against this discrimination at work.
Exactly! Whenever I go out nobody wants to pay for my drinks either!
Pages:
Jump to: