Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods? - page 13. (Read 30587 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Never have brought any physical goods with it. I think that digital currency is tied in with digital goods.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Sadly i havnt, Ive only been purchasing digital good with BTC yet.
Hopefully this will advance irl and make more shops, resturants, etc. accept BTC

There's nowhere near me that lets me pay in Bitcoin. I have used it to buy digital goods online, but I have never brought physical goods with it yet. If we start petitioning small independent shops to accept Bitcoin they might start accepting it everywhere. Most of them aren't aware it's an option until you explain it to them.

Yeah true, but most of them wont just download an app and accept BTC as a payment if you explain what BTC is to them.
Most of em just think its some wierd shit that a random guy tells to people Tongue

But hopefully shops begin to take BTC as a payment method.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Hopefully this will advance irl and make more shops, resturants, etc. accept BTC

There's nowhere near me that lets me pay in Bitcoin. I have used it to buy digital goods online, but I have never brought physical goods with it yet. If we start petitioning small independent shops to accept Bitcoin they might start accepting it everywhere. Most of them aren't aware it's an option until you explain it to them.
Activity: 64
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I have so many temptations as my BTC savings grow monthly, but I must resist. I know I would be overpaying a lot whatever I buy with them, so it's better to stay a hodler. I wish I could spend more, but I don't have enough savings to feel comfortable doing so, so I would rather use fiat which is pretty much worthless to me at this point. The dollar has less and less trust yearly.

holding fiat isn't profitable like holding Bitcoins as you noticed, and nowadays the predictions that the bitcoin's price will go up and increase soon, so we can hold it for this near future and using fiat like dollar and so on for the daily trades

I don't see really any benefits by holding fiat,
The price isn't going to jump and you are making money.
Unless you have millions then there should be a little profit, but comparing to bitcoin fiat is more stable.

Yes i mean holding high amounts of fiat of course, and even in this case we can't make good profit as known. However when holding Bitcoin we can in few weeks or months make huge earnings. And i think after the next halving the bitcoin's price will be stable too
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
have buyin smartphones at 299$ price with bitcoin  Cool,its really hard to find stores that accept bitcoin here,untill now i can't found it, and so im buyin the phone on the people who sell it through bitcoin forum ,really enjoyed it

If you are ready to pay some fees for your bitcoin debit cards with higher prices like $290+ per one bitcoin, you can find any shop to buy your dream smartphone from almost every country. I wish, but I do not have big number of bitcoins to spend now.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
planning to buy one of those physical bitcoins by end of this year.
just not sure which one since I see a lot of hood looking physical bitcoins in Goods section.
Activity: 994
I have so many temptations as my BTC savings grow monthly, but I must resist. I know I would be overpaying a lot whatever I buy with them, so it's better to stay a hodler. I wish I could spend more, but I don't have enough savings to feel comfortable doing so, so I would rather use fiat which is pretty much worthless to me at this point. The dollar has less and less trust yearly.

holding fiat isn't profitable like holding Bitcoins as you noticed, and nowadays the predictions that the bitcoin's price will go up and increase soon, so we can hold it for this near future and using fiat like dollar and so on for the daily trades

I don't see really any benefits by holding fiat,
The price isn't going to jump and you are making money.
Unless you have millions then there should be a little profit, but comparing to bitcoin fiat is more stable.
Activity: 742

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Currently looking on a 960 or a 780ti graphics card at Newegg. and bought some items like a cheap USB miner for bitcoins which I use for my hobbies, mostly.

I gave my first try buying with btc on newegg too a few days ago.

Is Newegg the first online store accepting bitcoin?

Hmm no. Over here there were other shops like Tigerdirect.

Globally i think Overstock.com was accepting Bitcoin long before. I'm not sure which shop it was truly the first, but there are a lot of them now.
Activity: 90
Currently looking on a 960 or a 780ti graphics card at Newegg. and bought some items like a cheap USB miner for bitcoins which I use for my hobbies, mostly.

Is Newegg the first online store accepting bitcoin?
Activity: 532
Buy my first sofa set in our new house earlier using my saved bitcoins. Smiley

Like I said in the other thread, I entered family life last month and we are starting from a scratch.

With current btc price kicking it's not advisable to do dump but these are my coins and I can do whatever I want.

That is fantastic, did you use the bitcoin directly to buy the sofa?
Or you exchanged first from bitcoin to cash then bought that?
I was near to deal to buy a phone yesterday but i we couldn't deal as i required +5% Smiley Hope one day i will buy any electronic.

It's so nice to have new things for a starters like us.

Unfortunately no malls here accepting bitcoin directly as payment method so I exchange it first in our fiat currency then start doing shopping. I dont want to sell my coins at the moment because of the price kick but no choice. After we settled all important things I will buy all my lost bitcoin that I spend. That is my future target to cover the loss.

Well great, but the main thing is that the source is bitcoin.
I am happy to hear similar stories how bitcoin has helped your life.
It helped me too, i use it to pay my tuition fee and/or for pocket money.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
Buy my first sofa set in our new house earlier using my saved bitcoins. Smiley

Like I said in the other thread, I entered family life last month and we are starting from a scratch.

With current btc price kicking it's not advisable to do dump but these are my coins and I can do whatever I want.

That is fantastic, did you use the bitcoin directly to buy the sofa?
Or you exchanged first from bitcoin to cash then bought that?
I was near to deal to buy a phone yesterday but i we couldn't deal as i required +5% Smiley Hope one day i will buy any electronic.

It's so nice to have new things for a starters like us.

Unfortunately no malls here accepting bitcoin directly as payment method so I exchange it first in our fiat currency then start doing shopping. I dont want to sell my coins at the moment because of the price kick but no choice. After we settled all important things I will buy all my lost bitcoin that I spend. That is my future target to cover the loss.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Activity: 57
Not yet, but there is a pizza place that accepts them:D

In Holland we got Thuisbezorgd.nl . You can order there all kind of meals, also pizza's.

It's great to buy a pizza with bitcoin.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Activity: 19
I bought a lot of Litecoin mining equipment and other electronics from Amazon using Bitcoin, paying through snapCard when they acted as a personal payment processor prior to them becoming a wallet provider.

I purchased a Lamassu 'Douro' Bitcoin ATM with Bitcoin for roughly $6,500 (which I subsequently had to get a refund for due to personal circumstances.)

Yesterday I bought my lunch in a café in Dublin, Ireland, which accetps Bitcoin (Busyfeet & Coco Cafe), and I purchase things on Amazon now using https://all4btc.com/.

Previously bought laptop docking stations in person from a guy, so real-world, individual purchases too.  Smiley

Is it much easier to mine LTC than BTC?

It is if you're talking about the cost of equipment; Litecoin can still be mined with GPU's (as they use a scrypt algorithm) which hold their value relatively well, whereas Bitcoin mining will pretty much require an investment in ASIC's which are useless for pretty much everything other than Bitcoin mining. Bitcoin's difficulty is also exponentially higher than Litecoin's.

If you're talking about return on investment, it was a toss-up back then but Litecoin's price dropped hugely after I started to mine. I ended up selling all of my equipment within 6 months of starting my mining operation because the price tanked from ~$19.00 to ~$5.00. The cost to mine was more than my return, and I didn't see any price rebound on the horizon. I stay away from mining now and concentrate on day-trading. Nowadays if you're interested in mining, one of the alt-coins at any given time would probably be most profitable, and if you join a mining pool you can set your miners to automatically mine the most profitable coin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Not yet, but there is a pizza place that accepts them:D

In Holland we got Thuisbezorgd.nl . You can order there all kind of meals, also pizza's.
Activity: 12
I bought a lot of Litecoin mining equipment and other electronics from Amazon using Bitcoin, paying through snapCard when they acted as a personal payment processor prior to them becoming a wallet provider.

I purchased a Lamassu 'Douro' Bitcoin ATM with Bitcoin for roughly $6,500 (which I subsequently had to get a refund for due to personal circumstances.)

Yesterday I bought my lunch in a café in Dublin, Ireland, which accetps Bitcoin (Busyfeet & Coco Cafe), and I purchase things on Amazon now using https://all4btc.com/.

Previously bought laptop docking stations in person from a guy, so real-world, individual purchases too.  Smiley

Is it much easier to mine LTC than BTC?
Pages:
Jump to: