Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods? - page 16. (Read 30587 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

This is my first time to use BTC as real money buying a real physical goods. 

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

I've never seen BTC anywhere in the real world in the UK, plus doesn't BTC have like 30 minutes + send time? That must have been an awkward wait Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Lately I've been paying my phone bill with bitcoin.
Pretty cool that that's even possible Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
i have been doing mobile , dth recharge for me and my friends through bitcoins,
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
I know a guy who buys 'his honey-puffs' with 'em. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
No, I haven't, but I would try if i find a shop accepts bitcoin.

Where are you located? I will help you find one. I know a couples that do worldwide and if you're in north american then its very easy.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
No, I haven't, but I would try if i find a shop accepts bitcoin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Yes i use it to buy real things or any physical goods like rare items.im also use bitcoin to buy amazon giftcard and buy a things there....

Lucky you, not everybody has this chance to buy directly to amazon.
Well at least you save 10-30% on orders and you can start re-selling these items if you have potential buyers.
I hope that next year some other big companies will implement bitcoin as the payment method and hope to buy there directly.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
i just bought a new clotes,shoes, and smartphone from bitcoin
Activity: 40
Yes i use it to buy real things or any physical goods like rare items.im also use bitcoin to buy amazon giftcard and buy a things there....
That's awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
For a long time i am checking the stuff in Goods board,
But couldn't find anything interesting or the stuff is from U.S
Which then cost me a fortune to get shipped to me, if i choose to buy through bitcoin i will buy from here Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1073
I have used Bitcoin as real money to buy a smartphone(smasung galaxy s5) 6-7 months ago from amazon.com and payment processed through purse.io. The transaction went on smooth.... After that i never used bitcoin to but real/Physical goods..
whether Amazon.com now accepted bitcoin as payment systems?
I just know about it,

Yes, amazon and newegg are accepting bitcoin.

You can buy amazon gift cards with Bitcoin, but Amazon itself does't accept BTC.

I don't know about newegg
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
I heard most bitcoin payments currently are in IT world. Its natural enviroment, tech people ordering tech stuff through bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003
I don't use bitcoins to buy a tangible item directly, what I do is when I earn money here I convert to fiat and buy whatever I wan't. But I do wish I can buy them directly and not online. There's only a handful of shops here who accepts bitcoins as payment.
Activity: 57
I have used Bitcoin as real money to buy a smartphone(smasung galaxy s5) 6-7 months ago from amazon.com and payment processed through purse.io. The transaction went on smooth.... After that i never used bitcoin to but real/Physical goods..
I just know about it,

Yes, amazon and newegg are accepting bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 284
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Bought a pizza with bitcoin yesterday here in Holland. Hopefully I dont regrets this in a couple of years.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
I have, with a xapo card to purchase groceries for myself one time when I had no cash on myself. I just like how it is easier to manage and keep track of your money as transactions that happen would be displayed on the accompanying app on my android phone almost instantly.

Yes, Bitcoin debit cards and even Bitpay should just be a short-term solution until Bitcoin ecosystem doesn't grow enough so you can pay directly with your coins everywhere you want and need to.

I do agree that these are handy aids until this moment this doesn't happen, since this will take a while.

Merchants live on FIAT, unless FIAT goes away, which is very unlikely, i doubt we will ever be able to take FIAT out of the equation. Payments processor that will pay merchants in the currency they want will always be used, forever, until we get one global currency, which sound rather impossible because of sovereignty.

This isint specific to BTC, this is for all merchants.

I didn't want to say that Fiat needs to dissappear. It can stay just right there but with the Bitcoin on its side. For me, the complete adoption will be reached when we will almost everywhere have an option to check out and pay by using Bitcoin and other traditional financial payment systems like credit cards and money wallets!
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
My pops has a very nice hair dresser who rents from him that accepts Bitcoin.

If you are ever in Little Rock, Arkansas and need a hair cut... tada Tongue.

http://katv.com/archive/arkansas-hair-salon-accepting-bitcoin

If you are a stylist looking to pay rent in Bitcoin in Little Rock... The 12310 Chenal Pkwy location is full at the moment and the 4000 McCain Blvd does have immediate openings.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I just know about it,
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514
There was a local food truck once accepting Bitcoin, to my surprise. I didn't have a mobile wallet at the time and my BTC was stored on a PC, but that's the closest I've ever been.
Pages:
Jump to: