Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] (HIF) Havelock Investments Fund - page 16. (Read 70071 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
November 25, 2013, 04:15:29 PM
Strange, they just give us their address, knowing nobody will bother to go there, and avoid to give an answer to the real questions.
Who could have guessed!

FWIW, I've been to the offices many times.  It's not just a shelf corporation.  They are serious about building a solid and trustworthy business. 

I deal with leadership of The Panama Fund directly on a regular basis, and have been for awhile.  They're some of my best and largest customers.

And who are you, what do you do, and why should we take your word for it? How do we know you are not just one of the Havelock guys trying to hype your stock under a sock-puppet account?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
November 25, 2013, 04:12:25 PM

Lol, OK ergfobe, your word's good enough for me.
Can i give you my money, and you can just drop it off at The Panama Fund next time you stop by their office?

I know you're trolling, but short answer, sure.  I'd be happy to hand deliver your BTC.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000
November 25, 2013, 04:09:43 PM
This person is a trusted and established businessmen and has been a great customer to www.panamabitcoins.com, I vouch that he has the financial backing to be able to carry on this project.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 25, 2013, 04:06:40 PM
Strange, they just give us their address, knowing nobody will bother to go there, and avoid to give an answer to the real questions.
Who could have guessed!

FWIW, I've been to the offices many times.  It's not just a shelf corporation.  They are serious about building a solid and trustworthy business. 

I deal with leadership of The Panama Fund directly on a regular basis, and have been for awhile.  They're some of my best and largest customers.

Lol, OK ergfobe, your word's good enough for me.
Can i give you my money, and you can just drop it off at The Panama Fund next time you stop by their office?

Activity: 29
November 25, 2013, 03:50:14 PM
Who could have guessed!

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
November 25, 2013, 10:03:55 AM
 HIF IPO... more like HIV POS... better be covered when investing in it... haha...  Grin
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 25, 2013, 08:42:02 AM
what if the asset you have has a direct share system in place as a bit of insurance against this exchange failing?
Convert it to direct, then.

Remember that Bitfunder operated as a fractional reserve, what's holding havelock from screwing up this too?

We get it you don't like Havelock. No reason to make up hypothetical situations. I don't understand how bitfunder could operate as a fractional reserve but ukyo.loan most likely did. And there is not a single shred of evidence that suggests Havelock is doing so.

Havelock and Bitfunder are different on so many levels it makes no sense to compare. Bitfunder was run by 1 guy in a country that clearly states that all securities/exchanges must be registered with SEC. Havelock is a team who has been running a legal operating exchange in panaman since 2008 merged with a bitcoin security exchange that has been operating smoothly for more than a year.

Part of being a registered exchange in panama is the requirement of $25,000 iirc and there are names attached to whoever registered The Panama Fund, SA. Unlike Bitfunder there is a physical location and contact numbers.

Again to this day we have no idea why bitfunder or even btct.co shut down as neither burnside or ukyo have clarified why.

Lolz.
No signs that Havelock was operating as a "fractional reserve"?
Havelock is trying to sell share in itself after purportedly being bough by  some doods in Panama.
And failing hard.

Re: "registered exchange in Panama"?  More lolz.  It's a registered Panamanian shelf company.
It costs more money and requires more documentation to register *a dog* in US.

Jimmothy, how much of this mystery bag did you buy? Cheesy
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
November 25, 2013, 05:48:15 AM
what if the asset you have has a direct share system in place as a bit of insurance against this exchange failing?

Remember that Bitfunder operated as a fractional reserve, what's holding havelock from screwing up this too?

We get it you don't like Havelock. No reason to make up hypothetical situations. I don't understand how bitfunder could operate as a fractional reserve but ukyo.loan most likely did. And there is not a single shred of evidence that suggests Havelock is doing so.

Havelock and Bitfunder are different on so many levels it makes no sense to compare. Bitfunder was run by 1 guy in a country that clearly states that all securities/exchanges must be registered with SEC. Havelock is a team who has been running a legal operating exchange in panaman since 2008 merged with a bitcoin security exchange that has been operating smoothly for more than a year.

Part of being a registered exchange in panama is the requirement of $25,000 iirc and there are names attached to whoever registered The Panama Fund, SA. Unlike Bitfunder there is a physical location and contact numbers.

Again to this day we have no idea why bitfunder or even btct.co shut down as neither burnside or ukyo have clarified why.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
November 25, 2013, 05:33:51 AM

Activity: 4
November 24, 2013, 10:43:18 PM
Havelock has been pretty uncommunicative on this, pretty disappointing...

Can someone from Havelock please explain what will happen if the IPO is not fully subscribed? 

Seems pretty fraudulent if you either:
i. keep investor funds locked when the block sales are going nowhere, or
ii. stopped the rest of the subscription blocks, and allowed market trading of the shares already purchased (i.e. without fulfilling the terms of the prospectus by not selling all the tranches and screwing the initial investors by misleading them)
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 24, 2013, 05:24:29 PM
If I had any asset there, I would sell it to 0.
I only have a single share, though, so I can't really sell it, since its value is less than the minimum withdrawal :v

At his point, I wouldn't invest in anything that didn't have a direct shares system already in place.
Bitgoblin
November 24, 2013, 02:26:54 PM
+!, which makes me wonder, should I be selling everything I have and get out of Havelock securities altogether?  Because an IPO like this sure doesn't give me confidence in their exchange.
If I had any asset there, I would sell it to 0.
I only have a single share, though, so I can't really sell it, since its value is less than the minimum withdrawal :v
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 24, 2013, 12:39:41 PM
IPOs on Havelock have time limits. If this tranche doesn't sell it, it will probably be the last one. So much for the "discounted price", then.

Yeah, the good old "discounted price" scam.

If you want to sell 100 shares of something at 1 BTC it works like this:

1.  Announce you're selling 200 shares worth 2 BTC.
2.  Announce the first 100 will be sold at half-price.
3.  Rush it so noone has time to ask questions if they want to get in on the 'bargain' - you don't want them noticing that not only are your projections based on unsubstantiated estimates of future profits but that your math doesn't even work out IF your assumptions were correct.  Nor do you want anyone worrying about little missing details like existing assets, historical accounts etc.

You get to sell what you wanted at the price you wanted - and if you're really lucky some idiots even pay the 'full' price.  It worked for quite a few securities on Bitfunder (obviously the last blocks never sold out but the issuers raised plenty of BTC for selling near-worthless junk).
+!, which makes me wonder, should I be selling everything I have and get out of Havelock securities altogether?  Because an IPO like this sure doesn't give me confidence in their exchange.
Activity: 532
November 24, 2013, 11:50:01 AM
IPOs on Havelock have time limits. If this tranche doesn't sell it, it will probably be the last one. So much for the "discounted price", then.

Yeah, the good old "discounted price" scam.

If you want to sell 100 shares of something at 1 BTC it works like this:

1.  Announce you're selling 200 shares worth 2 BTC.
2.  Announce the first 100 will be sold at half-price.
3.  Rush it so noone has time to ask questions if they want to get in on the 'bargain' - you don't want them noticing that not only are your projections based on unsubstantiated estimates of future profits but that your math doesn't even work out IF your assumptions were correct.  Nor do you want anyone worrying about little missing details like existing assets, historical accounts etc.

You get to sell what you wanted at the price you wanted - and if you're really lucky some idiots even pay the 'full' price.  It worked for quite a few securities on Bitfunder (obviously the last blocks never sold out but the issuers raised plenty of BTC for selling near-worthless junk).
Bitgoblin
November 24, 2013, 06:22:47 AM
So they could in theory just keep holding these blocks, and never let me trade?
If the IPO is unsuccessful they would give the money back, or it would be a scam.
But... we've been telling you from the start that this whole operation is shady at best, you didn't listen...
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
November 24, 2013, 03:25:52 AM
So they could in theory just keep holding these blocks, and never let me trade?
Activity: 493
Merit: 262
November 23, 2013, 11:58:41 PM
As far as I know the IPO is only sucessful if all 4 rounds are sold.

Four rounds!? I hope you're exaggerating
Excuse me for using the wrong terminology. I meant blocks instead of rounds.

The schedule of the Blocks will be as follows:
November 20th, 2013 12 PM 1st Block 1,250,000 Units Offered at a 50% Discount    ฿0.0005 Per Unit = 625 BTC **SOLD OUT**
November 22nd, 2013       2nd Block 1,250,000 Units Offered at a 33% Discount         ฿0.00066 Per Unit = 825 BTC
*TBD 3rd Block 1,250,000 Units Offered at a 25% Discount                                        ฿0.00075 Per Unit =  937.5 BTC
*TBD 4th Block 1,250,000 Units Offered at a face value                                            ฿0.001 Per Unit   = 1250 BTC
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
November 23, 2013, 09:23:08 PM

Four rounds!? I hope you're exaggerating
Activity: 493
Merit: 262
November 23, 2013, 07:50:49 PM
Activity: 18
November 23, 2013, 05:56:16 PM
So this IPO its almost stoped at 0.00066, I dont think it will sell at 1mB at this rate at all. At least open the flood gates, and you can make later another offer at market price. This its not going anywhere right now.

FTFY

I bet you gotta wait until at least the second round finishes before they open up trading

I completely agree with you, thats what I was thinking. Because it will be tricky to do so at this stage. But I really doubt that people really are gonna commit to buying at 1mb, if this stage closes and they dont open the trades, or give any more information.
Pages:
Jump to: