Author

Topic: Health and Religion - page 120. (Read 210868 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 24, 2016, 12:12:50 PM
True Christianity prepares people for Heaven, a joyful hereafter with God.

Which version of Christianity is "True Christianity"?

Catholics don't believe in hell

Protestants believe in hell

Mormons believe Jesus was an extraterrestrial from the planet Kolob

All claim to be Christians... which version do you believe in?

True Christianity is the one that trusts Jesus for the salvation that God provides. The Christian who believes in Jesus salvation is saved, no matter how many mistakes he/she makes. Such a believer will attempt to follow the instructions that Jesus gives in the Bible N.T. for living a righteous life.

People who are Christian in name, and do not really believe in Jesus salvation, might be using their professed Christianity and living a good life for many other reasons... like political or financial gain.

Both kinds of Christians can be found in all the versions of the formal Christian religions.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
March 24, 2016, 12:06:48 PM

Which version of christianity is True Christianity™?

Catholics don't believe in hell

Protestants believe in hell

Mormons believe Jesus was an extraterrestrial from the planet Kolob

They all claim to be the only True Christians™... which version do you believe in?
legendary
March 24, 2016, 11:56:26 AM
Atheism is like smoking  Grin
I don`t think that this correlation is true...
Relligion has nothing to do with healthy lifestyle.... Wink

What is a healthy lifestyle? Whatever it is, it is usually gone in less than 100 years. There are many smokers who live to a ripe old age.

A truly healthy lifestyle is one that prepares a person for the hereafter, which will be eternal.

Other religions might guide people into a better lifestyle in this life.

Atheism points people to hell in the hereafter, and doesn't even have points for living a good lifestyle in this life.

Cool
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
March 24, 2016, 09:14:33 AM
Atheism is like smoking  Grin
I don`t think that this correlation is true...
Relligion has nothing to do with healthy lifestyle.... Wink
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
March 23, 2016, 05:52:26 PM
Religion is poison. They are reasoned by books that have no evidence or witness. and i don't know if there are any cure

That's the point of this thread. The religion of atheism is poison. Why? Because science proves that God exists.

Cool

Wut? Never know that atheism is a religion. Science proves that god exists? I wonder which god? And if it is I will not definitely call him a god because it might be an alien or extraterrestial.

Look up what atheists say about atheism (on the Net). Then look up the definition of religion. There are categories of the definition that apply to atheism. The fact that God has been proven to exist make atheism more a religion than ever.

Here is what atheists say about atheism (on the Net):

https://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism

WHAT IS ATHEISM?

No one asks this question enough.

The reason no one asks this question a lot is because most people have preconceived ideas and notions about what an Atheist is and is not. Where these preconceived ideas come from varies, but they tend to evolve from theistic influences or other sources.

Atheism is usually defined incorrectly as a belief system. Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods. Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is no God." Some dictionaries even go so far as to define Atheism as "wickedness," "sinfulness," and other derogatory adjectives. Clearly, theistic influence taints dictionaries. People cannot trust these dictionaries to define atheism. The fact that dictionaries define Atheism as "there is no God" betrays the (mono)theistic influence. Without the (mono)theistic influence, the definition would at least read "there are no gods."

Why should atheists allow theists to define who atheists are? Do other minorities allow the majority to define their character, views, and opinions? No, they do not. So why does everyone expect atheists to lie down and accept the definition placed upon them by the world’s theists? Atheists will define themselves.

Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion. While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion. Two commonly used retorts to the nonsense that atheism is a religion are: 1) If atheism is a religion then bald is a hair color, and 2) If atheism is a religion then health is a disease. A new one introduced in 2012 by Bill Maher is, "If atheism is a religion, then abstinence is a sexual position."

The only common thread that ties all atheists together is a lack of belief in gods and supernatural beings. Some of the best debates we have ever had have been with fellow atheists. This is because atheists do not have a common belief system, sacred scripture or atheist Pope. This means atheists often disagree on many issues and ideas. Atheists come in a variety of shapes, colors, beliefs, convictions, and backgrounds. We are as unique as our fingerprints
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
March 23, 2016, 05:16:55 PM
Pseudoscience.
legendary
March 23, 2016, 05:16:01 PM
Like it or not, it's still pseudoscience.

No. It is real science. It is based on Newtons 3rd Law which is real science law.    Cool
legendary
March 23, 2016, 05:13:25 PM
Like it or not, it's still pseudoscience.
legendary
March 23, 2016, 05:09:53 PM
Because science proves that God exists.
True science must adhere to the scientfic method, thus true science can never prove or disprove God.

What you speak of is pseudoscience, which can however.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience

Pseudoscience is a claim, belief, or practice presented as scientific, but which does not adhere to the scientific method.

Don't feel badly that you don't understand, Fluffer. Not everyone has a mind that can understand these things. There's nothing wrong with that. You are probably very good at some other things.

Cool
legendary
March 23, 2016, 05:02:23 PM
Because science proves that God exists.
True science must adhere to the scientfic method, thus true science can never prove or disprove God.

What you speak of is pseudoscience, which can however.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience

Pseudoscience is a claim, belief, or practice presented as scientific, but which does not adhere to the scientific method.
legendary
March 23, 2016, 04:46:14 PM
Religion is poison. They are reasoned by books that have no evidence or witness. and i don't know if there are any cure

That's the point of this thread. The religion of atheism is poison. Why? Because science proves that God exists.

Cool

Wut? Never know that atheism is a religion. Science proves that god exists? I wonder which god? And if it is I will not definitely call him a god because it might be an alien or extraterrestial.

Look up what atheists say about atheism (on the Net). Then look up the definition of religion. There are categories of the definition that apply to atheism. The fact that God has been proven to exist make atheism more a religion than ever.

The science that proves God exists is when you combine cause and effect, complex universe, universal entropy. There is only one God. People have many idols that they call God.

God is certainly alien to us in many ways. God certainly is extraterrestrial, even though He has walked on earth in the form of man.

Cool

If your god is true. How come many people diffirentiate their what they call god? If you're born in bangladesh your god will be allah, if in india, vishnu. If US, jesus. So how true is it If the definition of your god is depend on what country you are born? IF your god exist, it should have an objective truth like 1+1=2. But it's not.

Do you think your god is real? Or you have been taught by your parents that a god is real. Is it really a god that you think or it's more like a brainwashed thing that's been told to you since you are young tad?

The way that scientific investigation works is very exacting. Since science has proven that God exists, all one need do is check out the God that science has proven to see if their god matches the little that science has shown us about the real God.

Science has shown us that God caused the universe to come into being. If somebody says that god has only caused the earth to come into being, but not the rest of the universe, there is a conflict. The other god is a false god, because science has proven that God caused the whole thing.

Now if two people of different religions both say that their god has a ring on his spiritual pinky finger, they could be talking about the real God, or they could be talking about some false god. Why? Because nothing in science has proven one way or the other, whether or not God has a ring on His spiritual pinky finger. Maybe these people have the same God/god and simply don't know it. Or maybe their God/gods are completely different and they don't know it.

Cool
Activity: 210
March 23, 2016, 04:21:24 PM

Cool

The science that proves God exists is when you combine cause and effect, complex universe, universal entropy. There is only one God. People have many idols that they call God.

God is certainly alien to us in many ways. God certainly is extraterrestrial, even though He has walked on earth in the form of man.

Cool

If your god is true. How come many people diffirentiate their what they call god? If you're born in bangladesh your god will be allah, if in india, vishnu. If US, jesus. So how true is it If the definition of your god is depend on what country you are born? IF your god exist, it should have an objective truth like 1+1=2. But it's not.

Do you think your god is real? Or you have been taught by your parents that a god is real. Is it really a god that you think or it's more like a brainwashed thing that's been told to you since you are young tad?
March 23, 2016, 03:56:23 PM
God doesn't exist... She told me so herself
legendary
March 23, 2016, 03:09:37 PM

Cool

Cool
Activity: 210
March 23, 2016, 02:46:08 PM

Cool

March 23, 2016, 02:36:45 PM
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.
legendary
March 23, 2016, 01:59:30 PM

Cool
Activity: 123
March 23, 2016, 01:57:30 PM
legendary
March 23, 2016, 01:56:45 PM

The non-existence of a given belief (or claim thereof) is never proof for the existence of said belief.

This is what I have been saying all along. Since atheism is self contradictory, it doesn't really exist, and therefore certainly can't be proof for its own existence.

What's the big deal?

How can you simultaneously claim that atheism is a religion, and atheism doesn't exist?  Those claims are not compatible

Please get your story straight before dictating my beliefs to me... thanks

But atheists believe atheism exists. So, they have a religion involving something that is non-existent. So, it is a religion of non-religion.

That's like claiming Christianity doesn't exist because Jesus is a fictional character

http://www.richardcarrier.info/Historicity_of_Jesus.pdf

That doesn't stop over a billion people from formally believing the religion, right?

The difference is, science proves that God exists, thereby debunking atheism. There might be little evidence outside of the Bible for the existence of Jesus, but, as CoinCube pointed out in one post, there is less evidence of Julius Caesar.

Cool
March 23, 2016, 01:50:22 PM

The non-existence of a given belief (or claim thereof) is never proof for the existence of said belief.

This is what I have been saying all along. Since atheism is self contradictory, it doesn't really exist, and therefore certainly can't be proof for its own existence.

What's the big deal?

How can you simultaneously claim that atheism is a religion, and atheism doesn't exist?  Those claims are not compatible

Please get your story straight before dictating my beliefs to me... thanks

But atheists believe atheism exists. So, they have a religion involving something that is non-existent. So, it is a religion of non-religion.

Using the same logic, Christianity doesn't exist because Jesus is a fictional character

http://www.richardcarrier.info/Historicity_of_Jesus.pdf
Jump to: