Author

Topic: Health and Religion - page 117. (Read 210869 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
March 29, 2016, 04:20:01 PM
@Badecker

Should you ever get your own religious tv show i will for sure buy some shares of it ^^

Thank you... I think.

This stuff is written in the Bible. The Bible scholars have said and showed the parts of it for hundreds of years, even if they haven't put them together quite the way that I have.

However, even if I am wrong in some of what I think, the basics of Jesus salvation, the New Heavens and the New Earth, the lake of fire, the enemies of God including Satan and the people who side with him against God going into the lake of fire, are among many simple truths that are expressed in the Bible.

Be among those who are saved.

If that is tl;dr, how about a Venn diagram?

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 29, 2016, 02:52:39 PM
@Badecker

Should you ever get your own religious tv show i will for sure buy some shares of it ^^

Thank you... I think.

This stuff is written in the Bible. The Bible scholars have said and showed the parts of it for hundreds of years, even if they haven't put them together quite the way that I have.

However, even if I am wrong in some of what I think, the basics of Jesus salvation, the New Heavens and the New Earth, the lake of fire, the enemies of God including Satan and the people who side with him against God going into the lake of fire, are among many simple truths that are expressed in the Bible.

Be among those who are saved.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
March 29, 2016, 02:29:25 PM
@Badecker

legendary
March 29, 2016, 02:23:14 PM
Nothing is better than humans except God, because we're His most perfect creation.

I agree with you mate, we are the most perfect creation of God and we have free will to choose the path that we want.

I will bet my balls on the fact that this not the case.
Atleast not for 98% of humanity  Smiley

Of course it is the case. Look at it this way and understand.

God created Satan to be one of the good angels at or before the Beginning. He was third highest in Heaven at that time. Figuratively speaking, Satan walked in the same places where God walked, right with God. He learned the things of God. God gave him power and majesty and beauty unrivaled by any.

Because of his beauty and majesty that God gave him, Satan corrupted himself. He became conceited. He wanted to be better than God. He thought he could be better than God. But to start to be better than God, he needed to create something to be at least as good as God. What could he create that God hadn't created already, just so that he could create something, just so that he could start to show that he was as good as God?

There was only one thing that God had not created. And it is a relatively easy thing to create. It was just the thing that Satan needed so he could say that he created something. What was it? It was destruction. Satan created destruction.

Make a car from scratch. A car is something very difficult to make from scratch. You have to mine the ore for the metal, and then smelt it down. You have to melt the various sands for the glass. But before you can do any of this, you have to have the knowledge and the design.

Once you have gone through painstaking detail and made a car - say a Mercedes Benz - it doesn't take long to destroy it. All it takes is a couple of muscle guys with a couple of sledge hammers and a couple of hours of work, and you have destroyed the car quite well.

With the knowledge that he had learned while walking in the presence of God in the "old days," Satan wrought destruction. His destruction destroyed a third of the laws of the universe - the dragon's tail swept a third of the stars from the sky and flung them to the earth. He thought this would be sufficient to easily bring down the whole universe. But it didn't work.

God upheld the universe through Jesus and the work Jesus would do (and finally did) on the cross. The universe is being upheld long enough for God to find His people in it, and bring them out of it to Himself. God's purpose is to take His own people from this universe, and to place them in the New Universe He is creating, and then finally to let this old universe go to destruction forever.

The devil created destruction, but God is a far better master of it. Since Satan wanted destruction, God will GIVE it to him, at the time when He finishes Satan's work of destruction that Satan started in this universe. It will be called the lake of fire, and will be an eternal smelting down of this whole universe (including Satan) into its component parts for reuse by God beyond eternity.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
March 29, 2016, 10:34:23 AM
Nothing is better than humans except God, because we're His most perfect creation.

I agree with you mate, we are the most perfect creation of God and we have free will to choose the path that we want.

I will bet my balls on the fact that this not the case.
Atleast not for 98% of humanity  Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
March 29, 2016, 08:41:18 AM

Activity: 616
Merit: 502
March 29, 2016, 12:26:01 AM

I can share my short testimony regarding atheism and health.

Back in atheist(agnostic) days of my life i was ill and feeble all the time. But when i gave my wretched meaningless life to my Creator Jesus Christ, He made me a new creation in Him.
I was also healed and transformed and my sins are no more. Now i know life without Him is meaningless, void and a constant fear.

My experience was the exact opposite to yours.

Well its just psychological that people believe in those. It is true because there are many religious people that can help you if you just tell them you've departed youre bad ways. i would do it too if i am in need(yes i have evil soul).
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
March 28, 2016, 07:12:48 PM

Back in atheist(agnostic) days of my life i was ill and feeble all the time. But when i gave my wretched meaningless life to my Creator Jesus Christ, He made me a new creation in Him.
I was also healed and transformed and my sins are no more. Now i know life without Him is meaningless, void and a constant fear.

My experience was the exact opposite to yours.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
March 28, 2016, 06:56:19 PM
Lot of studies wash over glaring obvious issues. Take the 1-2 glasses of wine recently debunked when they realized they where throwing
former addicts into the group that did not drink at all. It totally throws off the numbers.

Would think that people that use their brain on a deeper level may burn it out quicker. Kind of why I prefer to not think to much and conserve the brain and body for later in life when every one else is falling apart. Cool
Activity: 978
Merit: 506
March 28, 2016, 06:52:05 PM

Isn't that a very profitable deal. You must be mad not to accept that offer.  You give your misery and in return you get a real life and purpose, you became pure original.

OFF:
What is the difference between bitcoin and atheism  Grin

Bitcoin is profitable, atheism is not.  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
March 28, 2016, 11:37:06 AM
It is clear that a few posters are deeply angered by the original title of this post. As the goal of this post is not to attack or denigrate but to inform and share knowledge I have selected a new and less inflammatory title.
March 26, 2016, 01:49:57 AM
March 26, 2016, 01:44:19 AM
March 26, 2016, 01:41:40 AM
March 26, 2016, 01:39:22 AM
March 26, 2016, 01:02:47 AM
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
March 25, 2016, 11:38:20 PM
"Physics of Life Reviews" is not a peer-reviewed paper I'm familiar with, and I couldn't see any other papers that were scientifically credible.

Can you link to any other papers that back your ideas?

Some Primary References:

Metaphysics of free will and life
https://thewinnower.com/papers/3497-reconceptualizing-the-metaphysical-basis-of-biology-a-new-definition-based-on-deistic-teleology-and-an-hierarchy-of-organizing-entities
http://praxeology.net/kant4.htm

The holographic principle reconciles quantum mechanics with gravity
http://arxiv.org/abs/1001.3668
http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/jmp/36/11/10.1063/1.531249
http://arxiv.org/abs/1410.4089

Quantum phenomona can operate outside of what we traditionally think of as time and causal sequence
http://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.84.1
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v353/n6344/abs/353507b0.html

Consciousness may be grounded in the same quantum phenomona that have been shown to operate outside of traditional time and causality
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23567633
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1571064513001188
http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/apl/102/12/10.1063/1.4793995

This will be my last post for some time as I have some projects that require my undivided attention. I have enjoyed this recent debate and found it informative. I hope others have as well. Until next time.
donator
Poor impulse control.
March 25, 2016, 10:49:52 PM

You've lost track of the conversation. As a reminder:

1. You state that the "complex universe" is a scientific law.
2. You state that the "complex universe" is not a scientific law.

Will you now please stop mentioning this "complex universe scientific law" thing?

You've lost track of the thread. It seems you like it that way, because you won't stop lying about me.    Cool

You really don't care if something is a "scientific law" or not, do you? You just use the term if you think it will convince other people of your ideas.

Here's the quote where you actually say this:

What this means is, if science somehow fails to recognize cause and effect as a law of science, then science is simply remiss in this area.

So, no lies or misleading statements on my part.

legendary
March 25, 2016, 10:30:35 PM

Will you now please stop mentioning this "complex universe scientific law" thing?

You've lost track of the thread. It seems you like it that way, because you won't stop lying about me.    Cool
donator
Poor impulse control.
March 25, 2016, 10:23:57 PM

I'll never get tired of writing this:

"complex universe" is not a law. If you think it is, please link to a peer reviewed paper which asserts that there is a law called the "complex universe law".

Call our complex universe what you will or what you will not. But the fact is that the complexity of our universe is a fact.

What this means is, if science somehow fails to recognize cause and effect as a law of science, then science is simply remiss in this area.

Not recognised by science? So you're admitting "complex universe" not a scientific law then?

Your duplicity, as usual ^^.

How on earth is my summary of your double-dealing "duplicity"?

It's not about what I say, and it is not about the fact that you misquote me. It's about the fact that God exists and holds you in life, giving you the chance to turn to Him.

Cool

I didn't misquote you. It's all in your original post for anyone to see.

It's also nothing to do with God. It's only about your continual lying about what does and does not constitue a 'scientific law'

Well, you know better.

The point is, God is proven to exists, in very easy manner. Why won't you accept the truth? If it bothers you to call complex universe a scientific law, don't, since it is a fact no matter what you call it.

Is it your honor? Have you decided to ignore the truth just because I say it? How silly of you if you do this.

However, it is completely okay if you don't state that you understand that God exists to me or the people in this forum. But DO accept Him in your heart, and find out about Him, for your own good.

Cool

Jump to: