Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 126. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Price point is completely dependent on the drive capacity and the print run. However, 16 GB at a min. print run of 50 should be around $25 to $35 US max. with shipping included. A larger print run and lower capacity storage USB is a lot less expensive. If folks just want a back-up device for a wallet then 1 GB or 2 GB is the way to go.

Only looking to cover costs with a small amount of profit really - things and time cost money though.

We are probably looking at January 2014 for production and shipping.

I can obviously offer a discount structure for bulk purchase.
What about adding a CGB logo of sorts on them?
or is this only enabling the purchase with CGB?

i would like to see that USB
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

I would purchase at least six, as much as a dozen.  8 gb or 16 gb would be fine--I could use it as a file back up for personal work or even wallet back for several clients of different coins.  Also a good gift option with the holidays coming up, which is exactly what I intend to use a few of the purchases for.

The logo in black is my first choice, although a grey-ish logo on the metallic silver might look pretty cool as well.

I was thinking a black logo would stand out the best, although I agree that the vector logo in grey that you sent to me could look really cool.

The metallic shine tilts in a similar way as the reflection on say a vinyl disc.

It might be possible to get them printed and shipped in time for the holiday season, but it really depends on the work load for the print company.
legendary
Price point is completely dependent on the drive capacity and the print run. However, 16 GB at a min. print run of 50 should be around $25 to $35 US max. with shipping included. A larger print run and lower capacity storage USB is a lot less expensive. If folks just want a back-up device for a wallet then 1 GB or 2 GB is the way to go.

Only looking to cover costs with a small amount of profit really - things and time cost money though.

Thats what the 'print run' is LaudaM - Yes they would come with the CGB logo printed on them. The image above is to present and discuss options. Smiley

Its also possible to add the CGB wallet running only from the USB drive and for it to come pre-loaded with some CGB.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

legendary
I like the flash drive thing  Smiley can you throw some rough prices?

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I've recently had some promotional USB Flashdrives printed for digitalcoin DGC See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/collect-15-dgc-and-a-chance-to-win-one-of-30-dgc-usb-flashdrives-read-1st-post-324420

where you currently have a day or so left to try and win one - before the existing stock goes on sale directly.

Anyway, I've discussed having a batch printed for CGB. Here is the metalic base USB that I've selected for a test print run:

Again, these are intended as back-up devices or storage for your wallet. They are not mining devices.

It is possible to create a Portable version of the CGB software to run from the USB perhaps including a pre-loaded CGB wallet, which does really require a min. 16 GB capacity.

Although, as a promotional USB device or wallet back-up sizes can range from just 1 GB to 8 GB, which are obviously a lot cheaper to produce.

Would members of the CGB community be interested in purchasing such a USB product ? What is the preferred storage capacity ?

Printed using the standard CGB logo ? or printed in back or white to stand out better ?

I've already approached forum member Finitebydesign to do US distribution, as I'm based in the UK to cover Europe and worldwide.

Cheers!

I would purchase at least six, as much as a dozen.  8 gb or 16 gb would be fine--I could use it as a file back up for personal work or even wallet back for several clients of different coins.  Also a good gift option with the holidays coming up, which is exactly what I intend to use a few of the purchases for.

The logo in black is my first choice, although a grey-ish logo on the metallic silver might look pretty cool as well.
legendary
Terminated.
Not always. The 10 blocks I found in the pool did not earn me the same amount of CGB paid out in shares - if I had found the 10 blocks solo mining !
You've found them because of the combined hashrate, thus you can't think that way. There is no way in the world that you could have found them on your own in the same time period.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
I like the flash drive thing  Smiley can you throw some rough prices?
legendary
Mining CGB with around 500 kh/s to dedicate at present.

Found about 10 blocks for a pool in 3 days with some downtime, so decided to give solo mining a try.

Anyway, 2 blocks found in less than 24hrs with a better return at present, did I just get lucky or with this hashrate at this difficulty is solo mining actually a good option ! I'll certainly give it another 48 hrs.  Cool
I'm pretty sure that this was luck. Mining in the right pool always gives better results than solo mining.

Not always. The 10 blocks I found in the pool did not earn me the same amount of CGB paid out in shares - if I had found the 10 blocks solo mining !
legendary
I've recently had some promotional USB Flashdrives printed for digitalcoin DGC See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/collect-15-dgc-and-a-chance-to-win-one-of-30-dgc-usb-flashdrives-read-1st-post-324420

where you currently have a day or so left to try and win one - before the existing stock goes on sale directly.

Anyway, I've discussed having a batch printed for CGB. Here is the metalic base USB that I've selected for a test print run:

Again, these are intended as back-up devices or storage for your wallet. They are not mining devices.

It is possible to create a Portable version of the CGB software to run from the USB perhaps including a pre-loaded CGB wallet, which does really require a min. 16 GB capacity.

Although, as a promotional USB device or wallet back-up sizes can range from just 1 GB to 8 GB, which are obviously a lot cheaper to produce.

Would members of the CGB community be interested in purchasing such a USB product ? What is the preferred storage capacity ?

Printed using the standard CGB logo ? or printed in back or white to stand out better ?

I've already approached forum member Finitebydesign to do US distribution, as I'm based in the UK to cover Europe and worldwide.

Cheers!
legendary
Terminated.

Found about 10 blocks for a pool in 3 days with some downtime, so decided to give solo mining a try.

Anyway, 2 blocks found in less than 24hrs with a better return at present, did I just get lucky or with this hashrate at this difficulty is solo mining actually a good option ! I'll certainly give it another 48 hrs.  Cool
I'm pretty sure that this was luck. Mining in the right pool always gives better results than solo mining.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
Actually I did reply the very same day, stating that when I tried to reproduce the crash, it was now working, I couldn't reproduce it.
-- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3568972

I understand if you can't reproduce the error, and therefore don't know what is causing it... no problem.  I am a software engineer and I have seen it time and again.   But your hmms and winks and subtle suggestions that because people have never been in this thread before or haven't posted for months they are somehow not credible is a cop-out, why are you trying to discredit your users?  You can take that however you want, it's not meant as an attack, just constructive criticism.

I honestly missed that message.  Apologies.

As for my reaction to some of these threads...haters abound in this forum.  You should see some of the pms I get from newb accounts that get left stranded after they send their msg to me.  It's...entertaining.

Haters abound in all forums... You are doing fine, stay positive and don't let them grind you down. Moderate accordingly !
I understand the pain in the ass that users with "bugs" but no information about what actually happened, and no response to your requests when you try to help them can be.

I respect you and all the work you've done on this coin.  I know this coin will be highly successful, so thanks for all you do!

Thanks for the kind words...means a lot.  Smiley
Activity: 238
I understand the pain in the ass that users with "bugs" but no information about what actually happened, and no response to your requests when you try to help them can be.

I respect you and all the work you've done on this coin.  I know this coin will be highly successful, so thanks for all you do!
Actually I did reply the very same day, stating that when I tried to reproduce the crash, it was now working, I couldn't reproduce it.

I understand if you can't reproduce the error, and therefore don't know what is causing it... no problem.  I am a software engineer and I have seen it time and again.   But your hmms and winks and subtle suggestions that because people have never been in this thread before or haven't posted for months they are somehow not credible is a cop-out, why are you trying to discredit your users?  You can take that however you want, it's not meant as an attack, just constructive criticism.

I honestly missed that message.  Apologies.

As for my reaction to some of these threads...haters abound in this forum.  You should see some of the pms I get from newb accounts that get left stranded after they send their msg to me.  It's...entertaining.

Another windows user here.  Windows 7 x64, 3ghz 6 core processor 8gb ram.  Not really a slow machine.  Splash hangs for literally several minutes, then finally crashes.  

First I've heard of anything like that...I've never seen you in this thread before either...

Send me the crash message or log, or a screen shot and I'll look into it.

...I see from your post history your last post was May 31st.  Seems very odd that your first post in almost six months is about CGB client warnings which I have personally never experienced.   I take it you suddenly started to get back into cryptos?   CGB has that luster, I know Wink

You seem to care a lot about people's post history.  Just because people don't post here often or haven't posted in this thread doesn't mean they "are out of cryptos".  A lot of people will only post if they have problems.  Or maybe they are just here making shit up to fuck with you... Wink

I asked for a crash log 8 days ago and haven't heard a word since...and now you post this nonsense.  Hmm.
Another windows user here.  Windows 7 x64, 3ghz 6 core processor 8gb ram.  Not really a slow machine.  Splash hangs for literally several minutes, then finally crashes.  

First I've heard of anything like that...I've never seen you in this thread before either...

Send me the crash message or log, or a screen shot and I'll look into it.

...I see from your post history your last post was May 31st.  Seems very odd that your first post in almost six months is about CGB client warnings which I have personally never experienced.   I take it you suddenly started to get back into cryptos?   CGB has that luster, I know Wink

You seem to care a lot about people's post history.  Just because people don't post here often or haven't posted in this thread doesn't mean they "are out of cryptos".  A lot of people will only post if they have problems.  Or maybe they are just here making shit up to fuck with you... Wink

Deleted the whole CGB directory and started again. Same error.

"errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers."

Undecided

Same here...

Fresh install attempted 3 times on Win7 Premium.
Still getting... "errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers."

post a screen shot of your CGB client with the warnings, I'd like to see you're running the proper version.

Jump to: