Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 21. (Read 286590 times)

Activity: 438
Merit: 250
CGB very exciting
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
Good work guy's, nice one. Will send a few CGB to the foundation when I get to my pc.

Been looking into physical bullion, with the possibilities of getting something set up where you can exchange your physical bullion for CB,  and vice versa. Without actually needing to send or receive any physical bullion in the process....unless you really have to hold it in your hand.

Take a look at this site for example www.bullionvault.com

Sooner or later sites like this will be accepting crypto to trade for physical bullion on a massive scale. (If they are not already??) With our name, and resilience,  we stand a chance if we get in early to corner some of this inevitably huge market.

What u think?

Brief explanation about buying physical bullion, and where I got the link http://www.learnmoney.co.uk/advice/advice-18.html

Hey Killiz! I am all for trading CGB and physical bullion. A few things to note:

• It has to include delivery and physical acquisition by the customer. We cannot endorse a centralized store of value which can report having more metal than it does.
  • As part of a service that a CryptoMall can provide, this could work quite well. In person trust and usage of safety deposit boxes for example may work well on this smaller scale.
  • Remember, we are thinking decentralized *everything* here as much as possible. Trust of people is for profit motivated schemes, we trust in the physics of cryptography here Smiley

Hey PSD.

Yes I see your reasoning about actually delivering, receiving and 'holding' physical bullion, it makes sense. Although for everyday folk and physical bullion traders, this is not such an issue.

If cryptos were to become mainstream, as it is quite obvious now that it may well be. Every day folk won't give a toss about decentralisation and being separated from the state and so on and so on.......

I haven't seen much enthusiasm toward the goal of associating CGB with the 'on the ground' project. Although this is a concept that I agree with, I see no value in directly associating CB with it primarily, but if you
must personally persue, and take CGB along with it, then so be it.

Cryptos are about to hit mainstream, big time! If we don't adapt to the majority way of thinking and not some sort of rebel libitarian way of responding to current situations then we are going to remain a libitarian outspoken minority.
 We have to act like sheep, and follow the sheep before us. If we see one turn in a certain direction and the rest follow, then we must catch up and be that forerunner sheep.

We need some development occurring. Publicity is fantastic, but we need some meat and bones to sink our teeth into, not some libitarian dream that some folk have splashed across our faces.

Killiz UK England

Longtime CGB  Investor, supporter, holder, believer and follower.

Wow this has been an awesome series of posts just now guys Cheesy

The problem we are encountering might be that I have not had a chance to fully develop the ideas onto paper, though much has already been said in the development workshops.

Let me try to break down the role of CryptoTown and its relationship with CGB, perhaps it will make a bit more sense.

• CryptoTown is a project to develop a suite of resources and tools for spreading the adoption of cryptocurrencies.
  • The project is small right now and needs help to build up the resource library and official guide.
  • No one is in charge, in that, if a cryptocoin community wishes to participate, there is no structure in place to limit that.
  • Coin Neutral. Limited to nonbiased, objective information and resources from respective communities.
  • CryptoMalls are independent. This decentralized structure has implications reminiscent of cryptocurrency use itself.

CGB's interest in the CryptoTown project:
  • Connect with CryptoMall volunteers to develop/program real world CGB application. eg. businesses testing CGB Wallet software and reporting on business integration issues.
  • Encourage businesses to accept CGB based on the array of resources available to them which supports CGB. eg. a paper wallet tutorial for CGB developed by CGB community and made known to the CryptoTown project. Makes it easier for businesses to learn how to store CGB.
  • We are a smaller, but more dynamic community. It's projects like this which help to show that we have a larger, better thought out view, without the narrow profit focus.
  • No commitment is required. The Cryptotown Project will develop over time with help from a diverse range of crypto enthusiasts. As it matures it will only become more useful to cryptocurrency adoption. No single coin community will be responsible for this progression.

So what has changed? We are simply focusing our efforts on adoption of cryptocurrencies, in order to make the environment in which CGB can thrive, come to be. It's tough to think of a more potent goal. Progress has been made so rapidly that there is little time for anyone yet to understand (aside from those working on it) what CryptoTown really is, let alone document it. I hope this post clears up how this is a huge opportunity for CGB.

This post on the /r/CryptoTown sub might also help

I don't see why people should not use any crypto to buy physical bullions and let it be stored somewhere else, that's their choice. Basically it's the same as using an online wallet service or storing coins on an exchange, not that I would recommend it but many do so. CGB fits the trade as soon as the price is more appreciated. If a company wants to buy a large load with CGB but needs to buy 25% of all existing CGB's for it... that's not realistic but when marketcap is beyond US$25 mil then he only has to buy 0.25% of all existing CGB's and that could happen more easy  Shocked

Fractional-reserve banking is not a good idea though if that's what you meant.

That sort of service would only have a real impact if it was offering some advantage over other methods of acquiring bullion e.g. Specially Trusted storage of phyz PM, anonymous end-to-end transactions etc..

Excellent point Majormax, and the root of this particular discussion is this: Bullion dealers are just businesses. Let's get them into the fold utilizing aspects of the CryptoTown project. Let's say the CGB community starts a global CryptoMall for precious metals dealers who accept crypto. This is powerful stuff.

Keep the ideas and questions flowing! Smiley

papersheepdog, Canada

When first reading about Cryptotown I imagined a town in the middle of nowhere with a totally self sufficient crypto-economy. I realise now this is not the goal of the project, but instead aims to educate and introduce people and businesses into cryptocurrencies.

www.Yell.com is an example of a Directory for quickly finding businesses and services in your local area. www.Coinmap.org can be used to view the location of places where bitcoin is accepted in your local area and around the world.

This information from coinmap can be used to start to build a directory like Yell for cryptocurrencies. Starting with bitcoin.

When I get a couple hours spare I will list the businesses in the UK accepting bitcoin. Currently a little over 200 on coinmap.

If a directory like this could be made then it can be used to introduce businesses into cryptocurrencies, with a listing on the site and guidance on doing it.

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
CGB has been deactivated on Bittrex. They haven't put out any news but it will probably be delisted because of low volume. (Volume just started to pickup this week with a lot more open orders and about 2500 CGB sales)
To be sure I would advice everyone to withdraw their CGB's, I did so myself already. If you want my opinion on the way Bittrex is handling these situations:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7684769

edit: So it's on the first page: Removals for July 4th: CryptogenicBullion: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-CGB

Get your coins out!
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Me got peephole (gumtrees sighing quietly around) Been on phone to Telstra for fifteen days.

IMZ put a 10 oz bar of silver bullion for sale in Yacoin at an Aus. Dollar rate about eleven months ago. That is, the importance of bullion for crypto has been a part of our game plan since day one.

In two months mark and ian go to see a reputable bullion dealer, to set up a Proto Programme. (We are down guys, but not out.)
I have an article on buying bullion, which I have researched.
Bottom line? Premium and insurance in the post.

And I will brt a bottle of stout that IMZ has a protoproto store front merchant accepting CGB for stuff. If you wanna be involved see if you can post on 'cherry valley farm' facebook page. I sure could use some support.
PSD will recall that we sold jam and chutney for litecoin in denmark last year. Well its them (and telstra has also stuffed up her Net connection!)
Gonna put up a hundred bucks of pension pennies as 'pre exchange.'
AND . . . me gonna sell a ten ounce bar of silver FOR CGB within ten days.

Mark, Western Australia
Activity: 266
Good work guy's, nice one. Will send a few CGB to the foundation when I get to my pc.

Been looking into physical bullion, with the possibilities of getting something set up where you can exchange your physical bullion for CB,  and vice versa. Without actually needing to send or receive any physical bullion in the process....unless you really have to hold it in your hand.

Sooner or later sites like this will be accepting crypto to trade for physical bullion on a massive scale. (If they are not already??) With our name, and resilience,  we stand a chance if we get in early to corner some of this inevitably huge market.

What u think?

Brief explanation about buying physical bullion, and where I got the link http://www.learnmoney.co.uk/advice/advice-18.html

Hey Killiz! I am all for trading CGB and physical bullion. A few things to note:

• It has to include delivery and physical acquisition by the customer. We cannot endorse a centralized store of value which can report having more metal than it does.
  • As part of a service that a CryptoMall can provide, this could work quite well. In person trust and usage of safety deposit boxes for example may work well on this smaller scale.
  • Remember, we are thinking decentralized *everything* here as much as possible. Trust of people is for profit motivated schemes, we trust in the physics of cryptography here Smiley

Hey PSD.

Yes I see your reasoning about actually delivering, receiving and 'holding' physical bullion, it makes sense. Although for everyday folk and physical bullion traders, this is not such an issue.

If cryptos were to become mainstream, as it is quite obvious now that it may well be. Every day folk won't give a toss about decentralisation and being separated from the state and so on and so on.......

I haven't seen much enthusiasm toward the goal of associating CGB with the 'on the ground' project. Although this is a concept that I agree with, I see no value in directly associating CB with it primarily, but if you

Cryptos are about to hit mainstream, big time! If we don't adapt to the majority way of thinking and not some sort of rebel libitarian way of responding to current situations then we are going to remain a libitarian outspoken minority.
 We have to act like sheep, and follow the sheep before us. If we see one turn in a certain direction and the rest follow, then we must catch up and be that forerunner sheep.

We need some development occurring. Publicity is fantastic, but we need some meat and bones to sink our teeth into, not some libitarian dream that some folk have splashed across our faces.

Killiz UK England

Longtime CGB  Investor, supporter, holder, believer and follower.

Wow this has been an awesome series of posts just now guys Cheesy

The problem we are encountering might be that I have not had a chance to fully develop the ideas onto paper, though much has already been said in the development workshops.

Let me try to break down the role of CryptoTown and its relationship with CGB, perhaps it will make a bit more sense.

• CryptoTown is a project to develop a suite of resources and tools for spreading the adoption of cryptocurrencies.
  • The project is small right now and needs help to build up the resource library and official guide.
  • No one is in charge, in that, if a cryptocoin community wishes to participate, there is no structure in place to limit that.
  • Coin Neutral. Limited to nonbiased, objective information and resources from respective communities.
  • CryptoMalls are independent. This decentralized structure has implications reminiscent of cryptocurrency use itself.

CGB's interest in the CryptoTown project:
  • Connect with CryptoMall volunteers to develop/program real world CGB application. eg. businesses testing CGB Wallet software and reporting on business integration issues.
  • Encourage businesses to accept CGB based on the array of resources available to them which supports CGB. eg. a paper wallet tutorial for CGB developed by CGB community and made known to the CryptoTown project. Makes it easier for businesses to learn how to store CGB.
  • We are a smaller, but more dynamic community. It's projects like this which help to show that we have a larger, better thought out view, without the narrow profit focus.
  • No commitment is required. The Cryptotown Project will develop over time with help from a diverse range of crypto enthusiasts. As it matures it will only become more useful to cryptocurrency adoption. No single coin community will be responsible for this progression.

So what has changed? We are simply focusing our efforts on adoption of cryptocurrencies, in order to make the environment in which CGB can thrive, come to be. It's tough to think of a more potent goal. Progress has been made so rapidly that there is little time for anyone yet to understand (aside from those working on it) what CryptoTown really is, let alone document it. I hope this post clears up how this is a huge opportunity for CGB.

This post on the /r/CryptoTown sub might also help

I don't see why people should not use any crypto to buy physical bullions and let it be stored somewhere else, that's their choice. Basically it's the same as using an online wallet service or storing coins on an exchange, not that I would recommend it but many do so. CGB fits the trade as soon as the price is more appreciated. If a company wants to buy a large load with CGB but needs to buy 25% of all existing CGB's for it... that's not realistic but when marketcap is beyond US$25 mil then he only has to buy 0.25% of all existing CGB's and that could happen more easy  Shocked

That sort of service would only have a real impact if it was offering some advantage over other methods of acquiring bullion e.g. Specially Trusted storage of phyz PM, anonymous end-to-end transactions etc..

Excellent point Majormax, and the root of this particular discussion is this: Bullion dealers are just businesses. Let's get them into the fold utilizing aspects of the CryptoTown project. Let's say the CGB community starts a global CryptoMall for precious metals dealers who accept crypto. This is powerful stuff.

Keep the ideas and questions flowing! Smiley

papersheepdog, Canada
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
I don't see why people should not use any crypto to buy physical bullions and let it be stored somewhere else, that's their choice. Basically it's the same as using an online wallet service or storing coins on an exchange, not that I would recommend it but many do so. CGB fits the trade as soon as the price is more appreciated. If a company wants to buy a large load with CGB but needs to buy 25% of all existing CGB's for it... that's not realistic but when marketcap is beyond US$25 mil then he only has to buy 0.25% of all existing CGB's and that could happen more easy  Shocked

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Hey guys! Found a bitcoin meet up group here in Orlando! They meet once a month. I will join in on next meet on the 17th and spread the word of CGB and CryptoTown! Check out meetup.com in your local areas, you may already have a community of advocates assembled Smiley

Been looking into physical bullion, with the possibilities of getting something set up where you can exchange your physical bullion for CB,  and vice versa. Without actually needing to send or receive any physical bullion in the process....unless you really have to hold it in your hand.

Sooner or later sites like this will be accepting crypto to trade for physical bullion on a massive scale. (If they are not already??) With our name, and resilience,  we stand a chance if we get in early to corner some of this inevitably huge market.

What u think?

[/quote]

Hey PSD.

Killiz UK England

Longtime CGB  Investor, supporter, holder, believer and follower.

What u think?

Hey Killiz! I am all for trading CGB and physical bullion. I love stackin' both. A few things to note:

+10

I love this, haha!

Great news and it's wonderful to see the positive image presented for CGB!
Going to read the article later, so I hope that I have not spoken too early  Wink

You'll need to sit down with your coffee to get through it, but its a foundational document for both CGB and CryptoTown.

Some other good news:

www.CryptoTown.org Website Launched!

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.
July issue of CryptoBiz Magazine is out and guess who is on the cover!!! http://issuu.com/cryptobizmag/docs/crypto-biz-magazine-issue.02-final0/0

Awesome. Is this part of the marketing campaign that was announced and could you give some hints of what's in store?
Thanks!

Yes, this is the start of the announced marketing campaign. We will elaborate more on whats in store soon. Stay tuned!

Also, here is a pic of the magazine cover!

What u think?

+10

I love this, haha!

Going to read the article later, so I hope that I have not spoken too early  Wink

You'll need to sit down with your coffee to get through it, but its a foundational document for both CGB and CryptoTown.

Some other good news:

www.CryptoTown.org Website Launched!

legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
Going to read the article later, so I hope that I have not spoken too early  Wink
Activity: 346
Merit: 255
legendary
July issue of CryptoBiz Magazine is out and guess who is on the cover!!! http://issuu.com/cryptobizmag/docs/crypto-biz-magazine-issue.02-final0/0

Awesome. Is this part of the marketing campaign that was announced and could you give some hints of what's in store?
Thanks!

Yes, this is the start of the announced marketing campaign. We will elaborate more on whats in store soon. Stay tuned!

Also, here is a pic of the magazine cover!

legendary

Thanks!
legendary
legendary

HamRadioCoin - HAM
Digital currency for Ham Radio Operators all over the world!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hamradiocoin-sha256-675564

Cheesy

It could be the very last chance to buy CGB this cheap fellows. After the next push up it may never be this cheap again and there is plenty reasons for it. CGB has developed for over a year and with the miningsubsidy on 0.1 the market will not be flooded as before. Luckily todays low price got sold on very low volume so there won't be too much resistance from profittakers on the way up. Keep your patience or improve your average purchaseprice at wholesale price Wink
CryptoTown Development Workshop - Ham Radio Applications

This post is intended to collect information and ideas for how HAM radio can become a standard (though optional) part of CryptoTown communities. In accordance with our open development methods, I will leave a set of links and ideas, and add to them as I find more information. Remember, there is no official leader in a development workshop. Please discuss!

Interesting posts (most from Google search):

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7659744
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-and-ham-radio-137315
http://rietta.com/blog/2009/08/17/authentication-without-encryption-for/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zlrns/any_ham_radio_operators_on_rbitcoin/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/cbc-kw-sends-bitcoin-over-the-airwaves-1.2503580
http://amsat-uk.org/2013/12/21/former-radio-ham-plans-bitcoin-cubesat/
Pages:
Jump to: