Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 35. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Transition Strategy:

the Crypto Town Project will end in about ten weeks; and I am already thinking about The Big CGB Project.

To put it bluntly, we need to market ourselves. That's not bad if the style of marketing is honest. Our primary argument -- that CGB is complementary -- puts on our agenda an array of possibilities that almost no other coins enjoy.

We can make 'CGB' synonymous with 'visionary,' 'trustworthy,' 'dynamic.'

Let us draw disproportionate numbers of crypto folk into our milieu, creating a 'consultancy' with CGB as a lodstone.

Who suggested that we market ourselves 'at the exit door of the Cryptsy chatrooms'?? Wow! That's a good idea.

My question about suite of coins is not about trashing other coins. It is about us figuring out Who We Are so we can understand clearly where we should look to form alliances.

Mark

We seem to have a lot of momentum built up here to roll with. We have always felt that honest marketing based on education will win out in the end. We just need to apply the strength of our communities towards project like this which may have a potentially massive impact. The strategy is already paying off by attracting people like yourself who can jump aboard and continue to build the momentum. We seem to have the reputational and intellectual capital to push forward with some really big ideas. Let's continue to encourage the rational, disciplined thinkers to continue to build and associate with CGB and related projects. Let's do real things in the real world and directly create buy support for CGB! This will be a huge part of the capitalization phase of CGB.

If we are going to be totally honest here, we have to admit that we all hold different kinds of coins, and even those who prefer to hold mostly CGB (like myself), may have an open mind and understanding of the ecosystem that we are part of. This is a fact: Bitcoin has the best reputation out there with the average person. If I had to recommend a portfolio distribution for a conservative client, I would say keep a lot in Bitcoin, and a little in CGB or other coins as a hedge. In fact, if we are being real, I would recommend that they take a holistic approach and decide which ratio of fiat, precious metals, and crypto they wish to obtain, and from there further break crypto down between safety, hedging, and speculation.

We have a great opportunity to create real value for our community, and the greater cryptosphere. This will require talent and participation. I can get the framework up and do a lot of the mental leg work but we will need to find out where these frontiersmen are hiding out and pitch some ideas.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
I am ignorant about exchanges, but the Less-is-More principle comes to mind. On my travels around communities -- the Franko comes immediately to mind -- I have noticed time and time again that coins just push to get listed on more and more exchanges. Trade-volume is thus spread thinly. People new to a coin find lists that include untrustworthy or even collapsed exchanges.

As a basic principle? if ya post an email address, you answer emails that come to it. If you list a merchant, your reputation rests in small part on their behaviour. Any 'formal' coin-community site is better off closed down than left to gather spam. Better to be on three or four premium exchanges (Mintpal!), and eschew the rest.

'Know a man by his friends'

Mark

I agree with Mark here, I think listing on too many sites spreads the volume very thinly and we look weaker than we are. 
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

We've added CryptogenicBullion now on coinwik.org and now has it's own page on http://coinwik.org a wikipedia listing all the alt coins to help anyone looking for information

http://coinwik.org/CryptogenicBullion

If you know of other facts and links that can be added to the page, please feel free to update the page.

Fantastic! Nice overview. Thanks.

CGB is on https://www.cryptonator.com/
An easy tool to check the CGB/USD rate.

There are a lot tools being developed for altcoins in general so CGB can also benefit from these projects. Finding and contacting these developers to support CGB is a good way to grow from the technical side, we do not need to develop all inhouse. We just have to connect.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

We've added CryptogenicBullion now on coinwik.org and now has it's own page on http://coinwik.org a wikipedia listing all the alt coins to help anyone looking for information

http://coinwik.org/CryptogenicBullion

If you know of other facts and links that can be added to the page, please feel free to update the page.
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
I am ignorant about exchanges, but the Less-is-More principle comes to mind. On my travels around communities -- the Franko comes immediately to mind -- I have noticed time and time again that coins just push to get listed on more and more exchanges. Trade-volume is thus spread thinly. People new to a coin find lists that include untrustworthy or even collapsed exchanges.

As a basic principle? if ya post an email address, you answer emails that come to it. If you list a merchant, your reputation rests in small part on their behaviour. Any 'formal' coin-community site is better off closed down than left to gather spam. Better to be on three or four premium exchanges (Mintpal!), and eschew the rest.

'Know a man by his friends'

Mark
legendary
Swisscex added to votings, you can vote CGB three times per hour for registered users:
https://www.swisscex.com/voting

and here too pls, one per hour: https://www.mintpal.com/voting

We don't need another exchange we need investors, a bit pump. We are already on bittrex which has big trading volume
If ppl will see this coin with bigger trading volume, than they will start to read about CGB and spread the word.

I agree with this.  Listing on more exchanges isn't really helping us.  I think we need investors to get trade volume going just a bit on the exchanges we're already on..
IMZ
legendary
Transition Strategy:

the Crypto Town Project will end in about ten weeks; and I am already thinking about The Big CGB Project.

To put it bluntly, we need to market ourselves. That's not bad if the style of marketing is honest. Our primary argument -- that CGB is complementary -- puts on our agenda an array of possibilities that almost no other coins enjoy.

We can make 'CGB' synonymous with 'visionary,' 'trustworthy,' 'dynamic.'

Let us draw disproportionate numbers of crypto folk into our milieu, creating a 'consultancy' with CGB as a lodstone.

Who suggested that we market ourselves 'at the exit door of the Cryptsy chatrooms'?? Wow! That's a good idea.

My question about suite of coins is not about trashing other coins. It is about us figuring out Who We Are so we can understand clearly where we should look to form alliances.

Mark
Swisscex added to votings, you can vote CGB three times per hour for registered users:

We don't need another exchange we need investors, a bit pump. We are already on bittrex which has big trading volume
If ppl will see this coin with bigger trading volume, than they will start to read about CGB and spread the word.

I tend to agree with the sentiment, but Mintpal is a big one for volume (and volatility). The funny thing is, half the time I look, we're kicked off the first page of http://coinmarketcap.com for low volume, creating even less exposure. This goes to show how broken the whole pump and dump scene is. The sad part of it is that their activity seems to attract the majority of the capital. Seems like a chicken and egg type of question. What can we do but try to take this in the logical direction and hope that investors agree?
legendary

I understand that it's not needed but Mintpal would be really worth to get listed, they have a large amount of accounts and adding CGB will also generate exposure.
Anyhow it's a longerterm target so it could take more than a year to get there, don't worry. I think better times are underway for the CGB price and in June there's some
extra activity because of the 1-year anniversary. If you know good ways to attract more investors then go for it or share your ideas pls.

legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
This deserves more attention!
legendary
Here is the unfinished section for Cryptogenic Bullion in my future publication called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" Reference Book. Please say if anything is incorrect.  If anyone wants to help me complete a certain section, please do.  

Any donations towards this project are welcome - 5aagzgPLH9J5nR5KWaizLzdQENcmEVaJVZ

Is this going to be a paper publication?  Or are you posting it somewhere on the web?

Relates to an issue I have been considering with CGB.

CBG's purpose as a crypto coin is to store value yet crypto-currencies gain value through the technology of cryptos. The great leap forward with crypto-currencies technology wise is transaction based. How can a coin with the sole purpose of hording possibly have value based on transaction technology.

To put this in the simplest way, cryptocurrencies act as physical "cash." Currencies are intended to be used for transactions, but they do this because each unit stores value. Some better than others depending on the inflationary profile which is charted by coin supply fundamentals and the effects of its daily use on the market. CGB has many advantages in its "DNA" and current stage of lifecycle that make it well suited to simply being held. This is why we support a "suite of coins" to take care of the multiple needs of the communities. Thanks for the comment!

Yes, as part of a suite of coins it makes sense as long as the communities aren't hostile between cryptos.

This is a serious consideration, and there will be competition. I think the best way to deal with it is to let it sort itself out. Although a CryptoTown "Neighborhood" may recommend a particular "suite of coins" and options, each business ultimately makes its own decision as to which ones they will accept. Services may be provided such as an exchange on which the self-managed "Neighborhood" may decide to serve one coin or another, but ultimately the decisions must be the most informed and logical to protect the interests of the community.
Activity: 263

CBG's purpose as a crypto coin is to store value yet crypto-currencies gain value through the technology of cryptos. The great leap forward with crypto-currencies technology wise is transaction based. How can a coin with the sole purpose of hording possibly have value based on transaction technology.

To put this in the simplest way, cryptocurrencies act as physical "cash." Currencies are intended to be used for transactions, but they do this because each unit stores value. Some better than others depending on the inflationary profile which is charted by coin supply fundamentals and the effects of its daily use on the market. CGB has many advantages in its "DNA" and current stage of lifecycle that make it well suited to simply being held. This is why we support a "suite of coins" to take care of the multiple needs of the communities. Thanks for the comment!

Yes, as part of a suite of coins it makes sense as long as the communities aren't hostile between cryptos.
IMZ
legendary
What is your 'Suite of Coins'?

http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/comments/25b033/commercial_development_workshop/

Mark

P.s.: Indiamikezulu has a Guerilla Fruit Tree Coin awaiting proof of concept
legendary

Merchant adoption is great ofcourse and all efforts towards that as well. I would like to think of it as one of segments that need to be developed.

But there also should be a strong push for contacting and informing new investors about CGB. Since beginning of 2014 large investment firms have showed their interest in Bitcoin as a viable investment and some may already have made their moves or are in the process, hence the rise of Bitcoin price. We will need to meet them halfways and explain why CGB too is a great investment for the longterm.

For this it would be great to have some drafts that we can use to email companies, it should be written professionally. (Im not a native speaker/writer)

Elambert, perhaps you already have some texts from former contacts you are willing to share, or could we create something for this?

Excellent discussion everyone! This kind of stuff needs to be solidified into concrete ideas and goals.

An interesting distinction is that capital inflows can come for a few reasons. CGB can be held to spend, but we have encouraged people to hold it for savings (really low inflation). This is the natural use of the crypto which we are trying to create a "viral" template to encourage. When investors see that we are doing "real" on the ground work to facilitate adoption, they will see the potential yet unrealized demand that is soon to be placed on CGB and will then invest with the intent of taking profits as demand is realized. The investor must see ducks in a row, and real things happening in order to be convinced and participate. I will add a section "For Investors" which I think should be what you're looking for and its an excellent point thanks BTCat!
IMZ
legendary
Okay!

I have re-read the CGB Core Team Weekly Update of May 14. I think I understand BTCat's position.

There are real differences between the general goals of the Crypto Town Project and the goals of the CGB community.

But there are a lot of overlaps.

It is not IndiaMikeZulu's intention to change the CGB community to suit the needs of one of our projects.

Rather, we hope that our Big Thinkin' style and commitment to community development will accord well with the outstanding energy that we see in this established and tight-knit family.

We are team players. We always pull our weight.

Mark
Pages:
Jump to: