Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 31. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
This is the first time ever that I have not found a coin-community simply frustrating.

Next article submitted in a few days. No one has ever done anything like this. Here's an extract of the draft. Comments, please:

"Bitcoin and Friends: an E-Coach Tour of Crypto-Sphere Sites.

Mark Blair writes:

welcome, readers, to a world-first, a Multi-Link Tour of the crypto-sphere. Please keep your head and arms inside the e-coach at all times.
It goes like this: read the Notes before you hit the link; have a look around the site at your leisure; then get back on the coach.
. . . .
We shall provide a sort of 'Basic Stats Box' for any coin that we enthuse about. Let's practice:

" . . . Bitcoin [massive first-to-market power/market cap; a Proof of Work coin -- 'mined'; 13 Millions out of eventual total of 21 Million extant; more 'commercially oriented'; de-facto centralisation -- got 'whales']"

Last in this section, we'll pop in to the thread that I hang out at: Bitcointalk CGB.

You'll arrive on Page 140, where there's a technical description of CGB [job already done for me]. The coin is approaching the jump from the initial 'POW' mining-phase to the mature 'Proof of Work' stage.

There is a great deal to learn here. The two 'touchstones' of coin analysis, readers, are a coin's 'technical specs' and its community.

If you feel so inclined, read a few pages of the discussion here. At one point, for example, there's a discourse about inflation. A coin community can opt for high inflation; make a quick buck; and bail. Or the community can choose low inflation; fight its way through the dross; and produce a coin ('crypto-commodity') with stable long-term high value:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.2780

"

Nice illustration. I feel like I am at a science museum Lol Cheesy

I am heading off to bed right away but let me suggest one thing:

"The coin is approaching the jump from the initial 'POW' mining-phase to the mature 'Proof of Work' stage."
This is a very nuanced thing that's happening. I would say the coin is completing its highly inflationary "Proof of Work" mining phase, and transitioning to the more efficient "Proof of Stake" minting phase which targets inflation at 2%/yr.

Nice work! Lookin' forward to it.

papersheepdog, Canada
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
This is the first time ever that I have not found a coin-community simply frustrating.

Next article submitted in a few days. No one has ever done anything like this. Here's an extract of the draft. Comments, please:

"Bitcoin and Friends: an E-Coach Tour of Crypto-Sphere Sites.

Mark Blair writes:

welcome, readers, to a world-first, a Multi-Link Tour of the crypto-sphere. Please keep your head and arms inside the e-coach at all times.
It goes like this: read the Notes before you hit the link; have a look around the site at your leisure; then get back on the coach.
. . . .
We shall provide a sort of 'Basic Stats Box' for any coin that we enthuse about. Let's practice:

" . . . Bitcoin [massive first-to-market power/market cap; a Proof of Work coin -- 'mined'; 13 Millions out of eventual total of 21 Million extant; more 'commercially oriented'; de-facto centralisation -- got 'whales']"

Last in this section, we'll pop in to the thread that I hang out at: Bitcointalk CGB.

You'll arrive on Page 140, where there's a technical description of CGB [job already done for me]. The coin is approaching the jump from the initial 'POW' mining-phase to the mature 'Proof of Work' stage.

There is a great deal to learn here. The two 'touchstones' of coin analysis, readers, are a coin's 'technical specs' and its community.

If you feel so inclined, read a few pages of the discussion here. At one point, for example, there's a discourse about inflation. A coin community can opt for high inflation; make a quick buck; and bail. Or the community can choose low inflation; fight its way through the dross; and produce a coin ('crypto-commodity') with stable long-term high value:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.2780

"
Paper! It's a very very good idea!

Ian and I have been talking about something similar -- a Coin-Evalution Equation -- since forever.

Mark Blair, Australia
CGB: a coin to call 'home'

I have updated the CGB website Community section to include some of our recent work. Check it out! http://cgb.holdings/community/

It, along with the rest of the website, will need a lot of attention over the next few weeks. All suggestions welcome!

I will also be updating the Comminuty Powered Promotion guide (Marketing section) to include all kinds of things like how best to use Reddit, twitter, facebook, forums, etc to get your content out. The main premise is that everything is better to be linked and cross referenced. It's kind of like laying pipe to guide flow of traffic now and in the future when its more historical.
IMZ
legendary
Paper! It's a very very good idea!

Ian and I have been talking about something similar -- a Coin-Evalution Equation -- since forever.

Mark Blair, Australia
CGB: a coin to call 'home'
And meanwhile, as we steam into Nowhere:

'Think about a portfolio. Here are several over which I wouldn't quibble:
One: Bitcoin (70%); Dark Coin (20%); a stake in the Etherium Project, one way or another (10%)
Two: Bitcoin (80%); Nxt (15%); Ripple (5%)
Three: Bitcoin (60%); Nxt (20%); Etherium Project (10%) -- and buy a packet of CGB, and hang out with the 'consultancy community' there.'

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article45939.html

[ cross-published here as well:
http://virtualmining.com/bitcoin-whales-the-mt-gox-collapse-good-riddance/]

Wow! Okay, I will write future articles with more care -- I truly didn't think this until-recently-anti-Bitcoin editor would print this. How times change!
Please offer advice about what I might 'slant' such articles toward -- assuming 'Buy CGB!' as a given -- and how much of my energy you think should be directed to this 'current' of development.

Mark Blair, Austalia
CGB: the coin they talk about at the Stock Market Cafe

Lol Mark. This is an awesome article so far. I read about half and had to go to bed and now I am off to hit the ol' links. Beautiful day out! To answer your question about slant. I wouldn't have changed anything because it is what honestly came out. It's important to be as impartial as possible in order to boost credibility and utility. If we can build the reputation, it will speak for itself in suggesting CGB, though I get your sentiment, and the mentions do help! Great work!

EDIT: A thought comes to mind. If we wish to be more prepared and thorough and able to fully disclose the reasoning behind a certain sentiment, it would be best if we come up with some kind of standard analysis that we can apply to any coin. From there it will be easy to fill in the blanks of each coin as we take a look at its dynamics. We should be able to pull a lot of the template and values from existing web resources.

papersheepdog, Canada
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

One: Bitcoin (70%); Dark Coin (20%); a stake in the Etherium Project, one way or another (10%)
Three: Bitcoin (60%); Nxt (20%); Etherium Project (10%) -- and buy a packet of CGB, and hang out with the 'consultancy community' there.'

Wow! Okay, I will write future articles with more care -- I truly didn't think this until-recently-anti-Bitcoin editor would print this. How times change!
Please offer advice about what I might 'slant' such articles toward -- assuming 'Buy CGB!' as a given -- and how much of my energy you think should be directed to this 'current' of development.

Mark Blair, Austalia

Excellent write up Mark! Very good read! I have shared this article via social media.

Does Cryptsy pass on PoW/PoS to depositors?  Are you sure?  Does any other Exchange pass on this Stake? (Examples please).
Cryptsy does not pass on PoS stake to depositors. To my knowledge, no exchange does, however this item has been brought up in team discussions as a feature for exchange differentiation.
IMZ
legendary

Mark Blair, Austalia
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
FUD. this coin is going nowhere.
IMZ
legendary
Well, dump me in a room with rubber walls, but I reckon we should be stakin' out this territory this very minute:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/111477/first_nz_bitcoin_grocery_store_reports_huge_orders

Mark Blair, Australia
CGB: the coin they talk about in the Stock Exchange Cafe
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Thought i try and track a a few deposits of CGB i've made in the past to cr*ptsy but i've only made a few so am limited to following those txs, but I found this interesting address that has had a large amount of CGB moved to it recently and has a balance of 180001 CGB.
Now I could be mistaken but i believe its a crypsty wallet that will be seen to stake at a later point in the year. The tidy 20k inputs are from addresses that can be seen to have staked previously and have held large amounts of CGB. Maybe its is a mid year tidy up (after all the previous splitting from PoS) for the "owner" Cheesy

http://blocks.gotcrypto.net/address/5SHzAQkDJ6w9fH6c7rC8C5Bxiu1pyMLbcs

Maybe if some others could track a few of their historic deposits and see if they end up at same addresses on http://blocks.gotcrypto.net/, it would give a better idea of how much CGB is controlled by the exchange.  This address alone contains over 18% or nearly 1/5 of total CGB that exists. Shocked

(lot of Blah)

I would bet it is cryptsy's address. It makes sense to me for them to have most of their deposited CGB stored in one address, to stake it every 30 days, sell off the interest and be done with it every month.

I would suspect so as well, though it can be really difficult to tell who does what. It landed at the exact same ~180k as another address that I thought was cryptsy before (starting with 5ieyes or something). Honestly this is the wild west, we can't really control or even really know what is going on behind the scenes. Pure free market.

Does Cryptsy pass on PoW/PoS to depositors?  Are you sure?  Does any other Exchange pass on this Stake? (Examples please).

*Rattle* *Rattle* 5SAyTsyg68dGf1uWZ4kvbZuWY8sTtQo3w7
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

Just don't Tweerk - I mean Tweek the coin like DMD Diamond Coin has gone and done.

*Rattle* *Rattle* 5SAyTsyg68dGf1uWZ4kvbZuWY8sTtQo3w7

higher % stake does not reward existing holders at all (creates dilution which decreases each units price), it actually screws over everyone who bought in because of rarity (ie knowing the market cap would stay under 1 mil). instantly evaporating any trust.
yes coins do it in panic mode as a bandaid approach to save a coin, but only those who either directly want to bail or honest people with very little real understanding of economics, market dynamics and/or the trustless system btc introduced.

Existing holders get all the stake. It is up to them to sell or keep it. There is no 'dilution'  whatever the % stake is: Dilution would only happen if a new group or a limited group got additional stake.

100% pa would be the sort of stake that would get new 'investors' interested, and they would have to buy from existing holders, who would dictate the price. There is very little supply on the market.

Sorry Majormax I disagree. I'm a holder of CGB because of the low inflation. It is after all Cryptogenic Bullion not Bunny Rabbits.

The day of the wise investor will come for CGB, when the un-wise investors have all been stung.

Well, it's a boring world if too many of us agree.

I am currently buying higher % stake coins at the request of my investor clients (who have all sorts in their portfolios).

It is interesting to see which coins come out on top in the longer run... usually the unexpected is what happens.

100% agreed  Grin
Please please please humbly humbly humbly:

Why put your nation in your signature?

Bullion is perhaps the best example because it must be posted. We can pay for the bullion in each nation with CGB -- but the organisation of the model in Each Nation is best left to the CGB-ers of that nation.

Likewise consider the mentoring network. It concerns crypto-tax-law in each nation. Again, local knowledge gives the edge.

The knowledge-base of cryptos is solidly in English. So we organise 'outreach subsidiaries' from English-speaking CGB chapters to Everywhere Else via the expatriate communities of English-speaking nations like Canada and Australia. Perth's Indonesian community is a fine example. They are tech-savvy. They haven't discovered cryptos. They rightly distrust the Indonesian banking-system.

" . . . bitcoin remains in its “infancy” in the Middle East, and that more outreach is needed before conference attendees in the tech world — and the broader public — embrace digital currencies."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.2760

Working to build 'national chapters' doesn't make us less international or less unified. It makes us more international and more unified.

IndiaMikeZulu, Australia
CGB: a coin with real class

I can see value in this. It's the natural conclusion that we wil need to help each other on somewhat of a geographical basis due to how different the situation is everywhere. This could easily tie into the CryptoTown structure to provide some contacts of the existing network within an area. I think it will be absolutely critical to build this kind of grass roots support network that you are talking about. Our job will be to provide the tools and guidance necessary for the uninitiated to participate in their own local communities.

papersheepdog, Canada
Thought i try and track a a few deposits of CGB i've made in the past to cr*ptsy but i've only made a few so am limited to following those txs, but I found this interesting address that has had a large amount of CGB moved to it recently and has a balance of 180001 CGB.
Now I could be mistaken but i believe its a crypsty wallet that will be seen to stake at a later point in the year. The tidy 20k inputs are from addresses that can be seen to have staked previously and have held large amounts of CGB. Maybe its is a mid year tidy up (after all the previous splitting from PoS) for the "owner" Cheesy

http://blocks.gotcrypto.net/address/5SHzAQkDJ6w9fH6c7rC8C5Bxiu1pyMLbcs

Maybe if some others could track a few of their historic deposits and see if they end up at same addresses on http://blocks.gotcrypto.net/, it would give a better idea of how much CGB is controlled by the exchange.  This address alone contains over 18% or nearly 1/5 of total CGB that exists. Shocked

I would bet it is cryptsy's address. It makes sense to me for them to have most of their deposited CGB stored in one address, to stake it every 30 days, sell off the interest and be done with it every month.

I would suspect so as well, though it can be really difficult to tell who does what. It landed at the exact same ~180k as another address that I thought was cryptsy before (starting with 5ieyes or something). Honestly this is the wild west, we can't really control or even really know what is going on behind the scenes. Pure free market.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

higher % stake does not reward existing holders at all (creates dilution which decreases each units price), it actually screws over everyone who bought in because of rarity (ie knowing the market cap would stay under 1 mil). instantly evaporating any trust.
yes coins do it in panic mode as a bandaid approach to save a coin, but only those who either directly want to bail or honest people with very little real understanding of economics, market dynamics and/or the trustless system btc introduced.

Existing holders get all the stake. It is up to them to sell or keep it. There is no 'dilution'  whatever the % stake is: Dilution would only happen if a new group or a limited group got additional stake.

100% pa would be the sort of stake that would get new 'investors' interested, and they would have to buy from existing holders, who would dictate the price. There is very little supply on the market.

Sorry Majormax I disagree. I'm a holder of CGB because of the low inflation. It is after all Cryptogenic Bullion not Bunny Rabbits.

The day of the wise investor will come for CGB, when the un-wise investors have all been stung.

Well, it's a boring world if too many of us agree.

I am currently buying higher % stake coins at the request of my investor clients (who have all sorts in their portfolios).

It is interesting to see which coins come out on top in the longer run... usually the unexpected is what happens.
IMZ
legendary
Please please please humbly humbly humbly:

Why put your nation in your signature?

Bullion is perhaps the best example because it must be posted. We can pay for the bullion in each nation with CGB -- but the organisation of the model in Each Nation is best left to the CGB-ers of that nation.

Likewise consider the mentoring network. It concerns crypto-tax-law in each nation. Again, local knowledge gives the edge.

The knowledge-base of cryptos is solidly in English. So we organise 'outreach subsidiaries' from English-speaking CGB chapters to Everywhere Else via the expatriate communities of English-speaking nations like Canada and Australia. Perth's Indonesian community is a fine example. They are tech-savvy. They haven't discovered cryptos. They rightly distrust the Indonesian banking-system.

" . . . bitcoin remains in its “infancy” in the Middle East, and that more outreach is needed before conference attendees in the tech world — and the broader public — embrace digital currencies."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.2760

Working to build 'national chapters' doesn't make us less international or less unified. It makes us more international and more unified.

IndiaMikeZulu, Australia
CGB: a coin with real class
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
CGB is nothign else than feedign pockets of new devs.

is that why your not spamming your blog site and begging for donations here with the copypaste posts you have done in a bunch of other crap coins JPC, PURE, X11, XLB?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
CGB is nothign else than feedign pockets of new devs.
Pages:
Jump to: