Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 34. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
why the price is keep going down??

No appearant reason - at least not appearant to me.
I'm almost laughing at the fact that cgb has managed to loose that much value recently despite best efforts of the core team and the recent surge of BTC. It seems really weird to me.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
why the price is keep going down??
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
Thank for the cheap coins. I'm buying some more  Cheesy
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
I mean no offence.
I mean no offence.
I mean no offence:
'Earn. Store. Multiply.' is ambiguous.

How about 'Low volume by design'?

Mark Blair (Aus.)
CGB: low volume by design
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Comkort disabled CGB trading because of bug with getbalance method in Linux daemon.

Problem can be reproduced with command:
cryptogenicbulliond getbalance "anyemptyaccount"

Command will return wrong amount: 1399135928.40432000

We will enable withdrawals only on Monday after several checkings.
IMZ
legendary
110110101 and Bmai, I am ignorant of this stuff; but I sure am reading your posts. I am also shifting soon to Mintpal because I have heard it is more secure and has larger volume.

I look forward to discourse about our "Be the Bourse" principle. Yes, it's a stragem for CGB-ers to arrange sales on an 'in-house' bourse; but it isn't our fault that coinmarketcap is designed with a focus on volume. I once saw 300,000 coins of a small-cap coin traded without knocking the price by a single satoshi.

Just submitted another article to Market Oracle. Early days yet, but it's a pivotal ploy.

Mark Blair
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
CryptoTown On The Ground V0.1F (PDF)

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

Crytpsy is totally manipulated. Does not take a genius to see it.

Just take a look at the sell/buys of 0.00002cgb and less.. who would do this. Hundreds of basically valueless transactions  per day. (especially at a piece like this.. micro-trades)
And then it would seem every-time some 3k or so is bought . Its seems as its sold at lesser then a  price before..(to keep the price down maybe. Why?)

Something fishy going around there.

Removing all my cgb from there. I suggest everyone to do the same, at least when who ever is doing it will need to make a new bot for it for other exchanges.... Question is though, by whom ?

This is a price manipulation for sure.

Anyone who will take a look at the trade history there, can see it for clear..

NB- Been holding/mining/buying since start. Total stake of about 1.7k
Quite disappointid of this manipulation. I'm sure if we do something dsastic like boycot cryptsy we can overcome this.

Lets boycot cryptsy... Its obvous its their job. One the plus side this will make volume go up on tons of other exchanges we are on.

I speculate at least 300-1000+ % rise in price once its gone from there... We all know its undervalued cause of manipulation.

Who agrees ? my stake of 800 removed from there... Who will join me? Lets see what happens to prices there then.. (maybe we can even buy up all the Cheap CGB this guys is manipulating with. Wink )

What he does he buys a bit higher, dumps a bit lower (buys from him self) looses 0.1% ... and that is it. this whole BS cost him maybe only 10-20usd a day. So Someone has some big plans of has a grudge against CGB.

In my opinion, a market has to clear itself out. If we try to manipulate the manipulator, its just going to end badly. We already know that we have a fairly low trading volume and are even kicked off of coinmarketcap.com first page most days (it seems). We are looking back at a massive correction in the trajectory of a "failed coin," which upon close inspection we know not to be the case. The reason for this is that everyone is busy pumping the next thing. There are millions of dollars of "market cap" hanging around all over the place just looking for the next money maker. They equate mining reward with coin value because they want to mine for profit like any rational player would. The price, with such little notice right now from the get rich crowd, is not reflecting fundamentals. This is the definition of an investment opportunity worthy of further study.

Boycotting Cryptsy wont help, they are providing the services they should, and we can't exactly force people put honest volume here or there which would be the bigger problem. It does sound like driving down the price to acquire more, we see it in a lot of other markets. We just need to get our volume back. Nearly the entire currency supply has changed hands this year (~1 million CGB), to have less than a few hundred some days seems like the eye of the storm Wink. Waitin' for payday here, haven't picked any crypto up lately but this is tantalizing.

Any developers free to contact(pm) me on how to execute this halt/or screwing up this manipulation feel free to contact me.. IT is quite easy, just needs some teem work.

BR.. (8mai)

We are having some real discussion about shoring up CGB's price action through other means over at the CGB Development Workshop. Please chime in over there  if you can think of specifics guys. This openness is appreciated. Check my next post for a sample of what just might get our community some major attention.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

Know the feeling. I bought in to CGB when the prices where around 0.004x, roughly 10x higher than what they are currently. But I chose to keep my CGB and wait and see what it brings in the future. Looking back and seeing that an initial $10K investment has decreased to 10% is depressing, but those are the rules in the crypto game  Tongue
(about same story here..)

In my humble opinion, I would rather see CGB traded on a few exchanges to keep the trading volume higher per exchange. As it stands today, we have one or several bots doing low volume exchanges and can keep the price to what the owner would like it to be. Granted, the same could occur on an exchange where the volume is larger, but at least it would cost a malicious bot more CGB/BTC to manipulate the prices.

(This is what i think we should put 100% of our priority on!! At least i'm not the only one here who can see this. )

Looking forward to the new wallet and the new features that it brings to the game. Keep up your good efforts dev-team, CGB is indeed a special alt and we're glad to have you guys pushing CGB in the right directions!

Any developers free to contact(pm) me on how to execute this halt/or screwing up this manipulation feel free to contact me.. IT is quite easy, just needs some teem work.

BR.. (8mai)

legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Kicking off the countdown to CGB's first birthday!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/happy-birthday-cgb-633928
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
Soon there will be no buy orders Embarrassed Such f...g great coin, that everyone wants to sell them.

I regret I invest in cgb.
All these marketing stuff is nothing. We need big buyers. Buy walls on at least 0.0007. If there will be bigger trading volume we would be added to mintpal and that so ppl would be hear about CGB.

Know the feeling. I bought in to CGB when the prices where around 0.004x, roughly 10x higher than what they are currently. But I chose to keep my CGB and wait and see what it brings in the future. Looking back and seeing that an initial $10K investment has decreased to 10% is depressing, but those are the rules in the crypto game  Tongue

I would like to see for an increase in value for miners, not just relying on future investors to provide a growth of value for CGB. The merged mining mentioned above sounds like a step in the right direction. We need to provide incentives to others besides investors to keep up the demand for CGB. Using alt-pools to create a buy support could provide an artificial demand, but I know that this was not in favor of the team.

In my humble opinion, I would rather see CGB traded on a few exchanges to keep the trading volume higher per exchange. As it stands today, we have one or several bots doing low volume exchanges and can keep the price to what the owner would like it to be. Granted, the same could occur on an exchange where the volume is larger, but at least it would cost a malicious bot more CGB/BTC to manipulate the prices.

Looking forward to the new wallet and the new features that it brings to the game. Keep up your good efforts dev-team, CGB is indeed a special alt and we're glad to have you guys pushing CGB in the right directions!
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Crytpsy is totally manipulated. Does not take a genius to see it.

Just take a look at the sell/buys of 0.00002cgb and less.. who would do this. Hundreds of basically valueless transactions  per day. (especially at a piece like this.. micro-trades)
And then it would seem every-time some 3k or so is bought . Its seems as its sold at lesser then a  price before..(to keep the price down maybe. Why?)

Something fishy going around there.

Removing all my cgb from there. I suggest everyone to do the same, at least when who ever is doing it will need to make a new bot for it for other exchanges.... Question is though, by whom ?

This is a price manipulation for sure.

Anyone who will take a look at the trade history there, can see it for clear..

NB- Been holding/mining/buying since start. Total stake of about 1.7k
Quite disappointid of this manipulation. I'm sure if we do something dsastic like boycot cryptsy we can overcome this.

Lets boycot cryptsy... Its obvous its their job. One the plus side this will make volume go up on tons of other exchanges we are on.

I speculate at least 300-1000+ % rise in price once its gone from there... We all know its undervalued cause of manipulation.

Who agrees ? my stake of 800 removed from there... Who will join me? Lets see what happens to prices there then.. (maybe we can even buy up all the Cheap CGB this guys is manipulating with. Wink )

What he does he buys a bit higher, dumps a bit lower (buys from him self) looses 0.1% ... and that is it. this whole BS cost him maybe only 10-20usd a day. So Someone has some big plans of has a grudge against CGB.
Soon there will be no buy orders Embarrassed Such f...g great coin, that everyone wants to sell them.

All these marketing stuff is nothing. We need big buyers. Buy walls on at least 0.0007. If there will be bigger trading volume we would be added to mintpal and that so ppl would be hear about CGB.

This is the kind of stuff that is building real value http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/comments/26tpps/cgb_development_workshop/ and http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/comments/26hyt1/community_project_cryptotown_on_the_ground/. There are two groups at work here. One majority is in it for profit, the minority is here to push crypto technology forward. We will be rewarded once the momentum really builds. It takes community to spread the word, we will be attracting a lot of attention very shortly.
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
CGB Core Team Weekly Update – May 30, 2014

First, we would like to thank you all for being patient about the weekly updates. Although time is even more precious than CGB, we manage to find enough of it to keep things rolling behind the scenes. There are so many things going on right now including preparations for CGB's birthday celebration, the soon to be released client update, a new promotional campaign (unannounced), our community project CryptoTown On The Ground, and details of back-end services. To quickly set some better expectations for the weekly update, work load prevents its completion on a strict schedule. Please expect the release once a week, nearest to Wednesday as possible.

Some details about the client update are in order. It is expected to be released within the next couple weeks depending on completing the new feature set and testing before deployment. Confirmed features include look and feel improvement, PoW/PoS security improvements, GUI unlock/minting, some relevant Novacoin patches. Scrypt merged mining capabilities are almost certain to be included and we are still looking into multisig capabilities for compatibility with distributed coin exchanges. We still need to do testing to make sure this will be the client CGB deserves.

We would like to highlight some of the major work that has been going on in our efforts at the front lines of cryptocurrency adoption. Here is some excerpted text from the official CryptoTown On The Ground community document:

The CrytoTown On The Ground project represents a largely uncharted aspect of cryptocurrency technology which is face-to-face, "real world," economic interaction and community building. The project aims to provide guidelines and resources for structuring your own CryptoTown Neighborhood, enrolling your business, or participating as a community member. This project is founded on the principles of self-sufficiency, decentralization and sustainability. All CryptoTown Neighborhoods are created equal meaning there is no formal structure or hierarchy but guidelines for sharing resources and working together. Our focus is on empowering communities with the knowledge and resources required to quickly and effectively implement and benefit from cryptocurrencies. The CryptoTown Protocol is designed with the understanding that central management is neither desirable nor practical especially when dealing with cryptocurrency technology.

Developments are coming along nicely guys! Let's keep grinding it out!
IMZ
legendary
Patmast3r,

Indiamikezulu is gonna end the Denmark Project early; but we aren't dropping our bundle. Indeed, we wanna prune away the dead wood, and get down to more CGB-based work.

Elambert was kind enough to contact the guy at the Chamber of Commerce. He is one contact that we will develop further, and I will ask him to contact other Influential People soon.

CGB's future rests, I suggest, on an array of strategies that makes the low-volume nature of the coin no longer a distracting factor.

Mark
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

First, we would like to thank you all for being patient about the weekly updates. Although time is even more precious than CGB, we manage to find enough of it to keep things rolling behind the scenes. There are so many things going on right now including preparations for CGB's birthday celebration, the soon to be released client update, a new promotional campaign (unannounced), our community project CryptoTown On The Ground, and details of back-end services. To quickly set some better expectations for the weekly update, work load prevents its completion on a strict schedule. Please expect the release once a week, nearest to Wednesday as possible.

Some details about the client update are in order. It is expected to be released within the next couple weeks depending on completing the new feature set and testing before deployment. Confirmed features include look and feel improvement, PoW/PoS security improvements, GUI unlock/minting, some relevant Novacoin patches. Scrypt merged mining capabilities are almost certain to be included and we are still looking into multisig capabilities for compatibility with distributed coin exchanges. We still need to do testing to make sure this will be the client CGB deserves.

We would like to highlight some of the major work that has been going on in our efforts at the front lines of cryptocurrency adoption. Here is some excerpted text from the official CryptoTown On The Ground community document:

The CrytoTown On The Ground project represents a largely uncharted aspect of cryptocurrency technology which is face-to-face, "real world," economic interaction and community building. The project aims to provide guidelines and resources for structuring your own CryptoTown Neighborhood, enrolling your business, or participating as a community member. This project is founded on the principles of self-sufficiency, decentralization and sustainability. All CryptoTown Neighborhoods are created equal meaning there is no formal structure or hierarchy but guidelines for sharing resources and working together. Our focus is on empowering communities with the knowledge and resources required to quickly and effectively implement and benefit from cryptocurrencies. The CryptoTown Protocol is designed with the understanding that central management is neither desirable nor practical especially when dealing with cryptocurrency technology.

thx !

Please keep this momentum up !
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder

Huge idea, PSD -- just gotta find the most beneficial application for it.

And this is a sounding-out of beyond-the-Net possibilities. I think it is almost a first:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article45811.html

Mark

Nice Mark!! Congrats on getting your article in! A well constructed read.
IMZ
legendary
Huge idea, PSD -- just gotta find the most beneficial application for it.

And this is a sounding-out of beyond-the-Net possibilities. I think it is almost a first:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article45811.html

Mark
Pages:
Jump to: