Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 37. (Read 286609 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
It's a promotion for CGB, over 1400 views of bitcoiners is worth it:)

I'll read some of your link later. Tell LTC miners to get away from Coinotron with it's 50% hashingpower. Man does that coin risk to get 51'd.
It could happen, then LTC could crash unexpectedly.

IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
BTCat, April 1st?

I wrote a Formal Altcoin Theory blog for months from November last year. In mid November, I wrote a prediction for 1st April 2014:

'I wrote for my partner an analysis of what I thought The Top Ten would be on April 1st next year. Wanna see it? 'Kay:

One: BTC
Two: LTC
Three and Four: QRK and PPC
Five: Unknown Gen Two coin
Six: NMC
Seven: Protoshares
Eight: Another Unknown Gen Two coin?
Nine: NXT
Ten: XPM'

https://litecoin.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=132 Page Four

Mark Blair, Unicup, Western Australia
IMZ
legendary
Fast as I can type! As we Australians say:

'Shit! This is awesome!'

BTCat, I must have missed your post about getting GCB on a ticker. Great idea. And your mention of the traders at Cryptsy tells me how 'deep-rooted' CGB is. (Can you imagine tryin' ta flog Tittiecoin to guys at the Cryptsy exit?)

Okay, IMZ necessarily does things in small and clunky ways, so:

Crypto-Genic Bullion Is Now Small-ly and Clunkily Listed in Australian Dollars:

http://indiamikezulu.com.au/41/restart-imz-no5v-thirtee/

The micro-bourse idea is the one that perhaps gets the stoniest silence of all Mark's Loony Ideas . . . but the more I learn, the more I think it is a sound tactic for a coin oriented to commercial adoption.

Did anyone see the Everyone-at-M.I.T.-Gets-Bitcoin article? Well, although I have nothing against tipbots, perhaps our meagre resources would be better directed at a Business Facilitation Officers giveaway?

Guys, these Officers (got a different job title in each institution. Whatever.) are surely finally figurin' it out. I started ringing them ten months ago, and got treated like shit.

Detail to be hammered out: transparent and objective -- but the principle? 25 CGB to every Business Facilitation Officer who antes up?

Goin' crypto-coinin'. Back tomorrow.

Mark Blair, Unicup, W.A.
legendary
Predict the price of Bitcoin on 1 April 2015 - win US$25 in CGB's

Contest closes on 1 June  Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/predict-the-price-of-bitcoin-on-1-april-2015-win-cgbs-553123
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Morning!

One: I will tackle the voting thing, a first for us.

Two: concrete assistance, please:

Could someone on the dev team send a brief email to [email protected]

Why? Richard is the Business Facilitation Officer of the Denmark Chamber of Commerce. More to the point, he is part of the Australia-wide network of such Agencies, and IndiaMikeZulu is gonna bust its buns to connect CGB to Denmark to This Network.

Just:

'Richard, the Cryptogenic-Bullion community is paying attention to the Denmark Crypto Town Project.'

Mark Blair, Western Australia

Email sent, thank you IMZ!

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Come get your CGB!

We now have worker stats so you can see your own shares and speeds!

http://www.hasher.ca

2% fee PROP reward system
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
Auto ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your CGB wallet address OR Global Key (ProfitPorts)
Password: anything
CGB (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3554

CGB go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your CGB!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
Added CGB to Swisscex voting. Not up yet.
https://www.swisscex.com/voting

Keep voting here: https://www.mintpal.com/voting

I really think that CGB needs to get some trade volume going on the exchanges it's already listed on rather than focusing on getting into new exchages.  IMHO, when we're in a bunch of exchanges and the volume is next to 0 on all of them, that makes us look pretty weak.  On the other hand, if you could drive the trade volume to a limited number of exchanges, it might help build some enthusiasm.
IMZ
legendary
Morning!

One: I will tackle the voting thing, a first for us.

Two: concrete assistance, please:

Could someone on the dev team send a brief email to [email protected]

Why? Richard is the Business Facilitation Officer of the Denmark Chamber of Commerce. More to the point, he is part of the Australia-wide network of such Agencies, and IndiaMikeZulu is gonna bust its buns to connect CGB to Denmark to This Network.

Just:

'Richard, the Cryptogenic-Bullion community is paying attention to the Denmark Crypto Town Project.'

legendary
legendary
Could we program one of these below to give out bitcoins and CGB's and install them in the lobby of Wallstreet tradefloor?

http://www.coindesk.com/skyhook-releases-portable-open-source-bitcoin-atm-999/

I know I'm dreaming but in theory this is possible.

For adoption of CGB I believe the easiest sale is in the cryptsy chatroom. Thousands of traders come there with bitcoins in their digital hands to spend on altcoins.
These people already know how it works. I think we should push more to inform these traders closest to the source to add CGB to their portfolio's.

Ofcourse any effort, online or offline helps and should be appreciated by all CGB holders. So, way to go Mark  Cheesy   
IMZ
legendary
Morning, Btcat.

I mean what we call 'P-WIPping': peer-to-peer; Website, Internet-banking, Phone. It's a facility whereby a trial adopter can 'get in and out of' their crypto specifically without having to tangle with an automated exchange. In effect, a manual 'in-house' exchange.

What is quite clearly being overlooked is how foreign and time-consuming a trial adoption of cryptocurrencies is for a merchant who is not already a Netizen.

I certainly don't underestimate how big an investment this is for a coin's community -- but I suggest forthrightly here that now is the time to hunt bigger game (and CGB is the coin to do it with!!!!!).

The Franko is running a campaign somewhat similar to ours (and I don't think it's going well -- no community energy). The Franko is accepted by a chain of eleven pawn shops and the Beaufort Chamber of Commerce.

We are working on the idea that we 'mediate' the introduction process, so we can 'chime in' on the wave of Bitcoin adoption that is underway.

legendary
Australian crypto exchange (no CGB yet) :

https://www.coinspot.com.au/tradecoins
IMZ
legendary
Btcat, this is awesome!! Thank thank you for your energy!!

And bingo!! IMZ owes a non-crypto-person supporter $500 fiat; but he suggested taking it in crypto. I will allocate half in Litecoin and half in CGB. He's not a merchant, but it's a start.

Strange thing: I only just learned that the reason we have had 'hung transactions' with Dogecoin is a fact of our geography. Now, I have a real respect for the vibrancy of the Dogecoiners. They taught us all a lesson. But Doge has gotta go from the Denmark Project. Having a trial-adoption merchant wind up with a bunch of unconfirmed transactions would be a bullet in the back of the skull for the Project.

This doesn't put CGB quite in the ring yet -- indeed, we are moving to Bitcoin because we need a Big Gun for the tourism trade -- but it certainly gives it more wiggle room.

Have any Australian CGB-ers considered a micro exchange for CGB in Australian Dollars? (and I am angling to sell 10-oz bars of silver bullion) We pioneered this ten months ago:

You register a '.com.au' Website. ($50) Then you open a super simple bourse, buying and selling 'packets' of CGB in Australia Dollars. It's unprofitable, time-consuming, and unprofitable; but it is an awesome commercial-development ploy.

You can remove the automated exchanges from the trial-adoption process. It's undoubtedly a major hurdle to commercial adoption.

My survey of Australian Bitcoin-accepting businesses (I spoke on the phone to about 25% of them, and have kept the network alive) revealed that the actual volume of sales at present is still low.

This means that you won't have to do a lot of trades on the micro bourse (but ya gotta update the prices every morning).

(The only place in the English-speaking world where you can 'X-wip' the 'Dokdo,' the South Korean national crypto, is on indiamikezulu's micro bourse. We don't expect to make a buck out of it, but it has been a fabulous experience in networking. There has so far been only one international commercial transaction in that currency, and it was between us and the Dokdo dev team. Think of how we might slot CGB in later!!)

legendary
IMZ
legendary
Oh, wow! This is good news, Kelsey. My mob is not actually quite yet CGB-ers. What we are is 'regional developers' here in Oz, specifically on-da-street development.

We are -- tiny budget -- pioneering a range of innovative (human-based) development tactics. Now, it's unfair of me to simply expect you to jump through my hoop. I must make a good case. Here it is:

One: the coin is a fine one, and perhaps unique in its type. Two: more importantly, the (technical) dev team has been on board and active all along -- and a year is a long time in this game. Three: IndiaMikeZulu is looking for a small community, in which our energy and novel ideas will gain hold. Four: if that happens, we will be able to significantly influence CGB's price and viability.

I have started an Australian commercial-development workshop at gotcrypto over at Reddit. It focuses on our Denmark, Western Australia, Project.

H o w e v e r . . . if we can find just three or four CGB-ers here in Oz who have the moxy to do what we do (it's time-consuming and requires some fiat outlay; requires good people skills), then we could duplicate our Project in other places.

Ten months ago, we had a ten-oz bar of silver bullion for sale in crypto valued in Australian Dollars -- no takers. Ahead of our time.

And today? Goin' gangbusters, Kelsey -- an IGA supermarket comes on line next Wednesday. It's a trial -- what we call 'proto' -- but it's real.

Where you at?

Mark Blair, Unicup, W.A.
legendary
Activity: 1876
I'm Aussie been in CGB from early on.
tbh though I don't know of many Aussie's using twitter, and don't know any using reddit (which I'd never even heard of until on this forum semi recently).
IMZ
legendary
Thank you, Elambert. I am now on Twitter.

Next Wednesday, we will drop off five jam and chutney gift packs to Influential People in Denmark, with a note saying, 'These Yummy Products were paid for with Litecoin' -- the coin we started the development project with.

We are half way through our budget, and have four businesses in the district accepting Doge and Litecoin. But I think we will move to:

Litecoin = local alternative currency
Bitcoin = Big Gun to draw in tourists
CGB = Coin for Those Who Really 'Get It'

Latest tactic: I have bought $50 worth of CGB, and I am gonna give it to two local merchants. One is a Litecoiner (thanks to us). The other is a medical professional libertarian who has agreed to meet and discuss crypto-acceptance in his practice.

The important thing, we have learned, is to do the hard yards to get a solid stake in the ground -- like a Local Government Office accepting two cryptos.

Gonna wait 'til the Big New Wallet is out, and then launch a micro-network of CGB users 'woven into' the Project.

It will include a micro coin-exchange 'X-wipping' LTC/CGB.

All I need is a little community support (like I've been getting from PSD since Day One).

Mark Blair,
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
If a single CGB person in Australia is interested, we could look for merchants here. Coming months will be prime time, as The Bull Run gets underway.

Mark,
I know we have some other Aussie's in the CGB family. I just tweeted a link to your Reddit posting. Hopefully this helps to catch their attention Smiley
https://twitter.com/cryptogenicbull/status/467623627521662976
IMZ
legendary
If a single CGB person in Australia is interested, we could look for merchants here. Coming months will be prime time, as The Bull Run gets underway.

IMZ
legendary
Hey, Patmast3r.

Relativity!! Weird stuff is happening, and it's gonna get way weirder. Crypto bullion is still a crypto. That is, it's as bullion-ish as a crypto can be, and we wanna be in cryptos . . . so CGB is a good painted horsie to ride on the carousel!

Pages:
Jump to: