Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 43. (Read 286609 times)

legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Only 4 days left for the CGB Beat Writer article competition! Get your entries in!
legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
I have amended the two preliminary pages for Cryptogenic Bullion.  I have included the new official logo, website and many other points.  Thank you Elambert   Cool

Any suggestions regarding further content are welcome. Any donations towards my project are welcome. Thanks for your support.

5aagzgPLH9J5nR5KWaizLzdQENcmEVaJVZ

I have just noticed that I have missed the total coins (1 million) in the specification.  This has just been rectified.

Excellent work so far and a great idea! What is the expected final draft date for the project?

The final draft date is unknown at the moment.  I hope by this summer. 
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I have amended the two preliminary pages for Cryptogenic Bullion.  I have included the new official logo, website and many other points.  Thank you Elambert   Cool

Any suggestions regarding further content are welcome. Any donations towards my project are welcome. Thanks for your support.

I have just noticed that I have missed the total coins (1 million) in the specification.  This has just been rectified.

Excellent work so far and a great idea! What is the expected final draft date for the project?
legendary

CGB Core Team Weekly Update – April 16, 2014

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

Good day everyone! We apologize for this update being a bit late. Usually we try to have it out by Tuesday evening for the overnight and mid-week (Wednesday) release. It has been very busy and the Core Team has our hands full. This will be a bit of a shorter update than usual as time is constrained. First we have announced some great news this week with the launch of CGB's first direct USD and CAD markets on the Vault of Satoshi! We celebrated this milestone in CGB's history with a giveaway co-hosted by CryptoSandwich and Bitcoin Garden which was a huge success! To coincide with the celebration, we released a paper outlining the evolution of the financial services industry as it supports the new crypto-economy. Adapting the Legacy Financial Industry to Meet Growing Customer Demand for Crypto-Currencies.

Other happenings within the community are continued development in our translation effort (help requested!), an extension on the CGB News Beat competition (100s of CGB in prizes!), and the release of some new technical analysis showing CGB to have taken a major positive move out and above a long term downward trend line. We would also like to encourage CGB community members to help us build our presence in the returned Cryptsy chat box. A real boost in overall community interaction and involvement has become readily apparent with all of the news and discussion lately. Momentum is really building for CGB!

A warm welcome to our new community members

The CGB Core Team
legendary
I have written the two preliminary pages for Cryptogenic Bullion. Please visit the link below to see the pages:

Excellent work so far! I am sending a donation now.

A few edits that are needed please:

1. The logo image can be found here, you have the old logo.

2. The slogans need to be changed to the following and the "Multiply your Bitcoins" should be removed as it is no longer used:

"The Investor's Crypto"
"Earn. Store. Multiply"
"The Virtual Precious Metal"

3. Total Coins in Specifications section should read 2.0% inflation (0.5% from PoW and 1.5% from PoS)

4. Please send me the bulleted section from the bottom half of page one so I can edit and clean up. Some points are running together and not phrased correctly

5. The website address needs to be changed to http://cgb.holdings/   (The one you have listed is no longer used)

6. In the history section, the last blurb states that CGB has now ceased it PoW mining. This is incorrect. PoW mining continues and will continue forever. It will halve until the reward of .01 CGB per block is reached and remain there for eternity.

7. Please remove reference to MADEsparq. This project has no affiliation with CGB.

8. Here are CGB's current exchanges, you only have 3 listed:

Vault of Satoshi

Cryptsy

Ecoinfund

Cryptokopen

Allcrypt

Bittrex

Coins-e

Coinex

Swaphole

PTOPEX

9. Here is a listing of more useful URLs:

https://twitter.com/CryptogenicBull

https://www.facebook.com/CryptogenicBullion

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptogenicBullion/

Thanks again for your dedication here!

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Very good, the fundaments are there!

I've noticed some small things.. the url (cryptogenicbullion.org) is not the correct one, it should be cgb.holdings ?
And the link to the madesparq project, should it be on this page (they are both on their own path)?

legendary
I have written the two preliminary pages for Cryptogenic Bullion. Please visit the link below to see the pages:

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
Cryptsy chatbox is getting crowded with all the new interested people. Cryptsy has announced they have 220,000 accounts now.
So this is a huge channel we must be aware of more and talk about CGB. It's also very cosy there with lots of gossip so come hang out there  Cheesy

YoRally
Rational discussion Blackcoin, Peercoin, Cryptogenic Bullion – Making more logical investment choices

Please also see the BCT Forum Post under Altcoins or the post on /r/CryptoMarkets for further discussion.

What we have just witnessed is a manifestation of the greed that underlies our markets, and it’s not a bad thing. Everyone is out there to make profit for themselves, and this is what keeps the wheels of the capital train rolling. There is also a lot of innovative development from groups who wish to advance this blockchain technology and who understand its true implications beyond currencies.  

Yesterdays discussion during the pump: Will we ever stop falling for scams? Every slightly new concept brings on a parasitic horde of get-rich-quick participants. Auroracoin vs Blackcoin

For those disciplined investors who are looking for a low inflation, proof of stake coin, with a history of stability and progress, I would like to offer two suggestions. One is that you consider holding some Peercoin (PPC). It has 100x the number of weeks of mining (fair distribution) than Blackcoin and is the original PoS innovator. If you are looking for potentially more risk and return, I would point you to Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB), which has been mined for almost a year now (50x weeks) to ensure a fair distribution of coins. While Peercoin has a higher inflation of 6%+, Cryptogenic Bullion is already settling into its long term target of 2% making it appealing to investment capital.  

In case you missed it, at the peak of the Blackcoin pump, CGB released its rival to the Blackcoin Multipool innovation:
Cryptogenic Bullion Launches Next Generation Profit-Spending Manual Multipool Add-on (Works with your existing multipool!)
To join, simply follow the link and view the infographic.  

CGB has been building an amazing amount of momentum in the community. To those who like to do their homework, these weekly updates really spell it out:  

CGB Core Team Weekly Update – April 9, 2014  
CGB Core Team Weekly Update – April 1, 2014  
CGB Core Team Weekly Update – March 25, 2014  
CGB Core Team Weekly Update – March 18, 2014  
CGB Core Team Weekly Update – March 11, 2014  
CGB Core Team Meeting Update – March 4, 2014

Latest chart analysis - April 12  
More information at http://cgb.holdings and /r/CryptogenicBullion  
Wouldn't it be good for CGB to get into the news with the current status and future plans? just like a few months ago when CGB hits yahoo etc...

Yes! We totally agree and have been discussing this. There are so many good things happening with CGB, it would practically write itself. Any ideas or samples would be greatly welcome, in fact we are running a contest to get some sample material right now: CGB News Beat Contest!
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Wouldn't it be good for CGB to get into the news with the current status and future plans? just like a few months ago when CGB hits yahoo etc...
legendary
Only 6 days left for the CGB Beat Writer article competition! Get your entries in!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
sell ur CGB, buy real coins =]
Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB) Launches Next Generation Profit-Spending Manual Multipool Add-on (Works with your existing multipool!)

To join, view the image below:

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Thanks. 

I've also been spending much time with my attorneys to assure we cover all legal angles regarding future projects, and unfortunately, this makes it difficult to stay in front of a computer all day.  But our resources and assets must be protected.  You'd be surprised what the threat of a good attorney and a subpoena can accomplish.  But that's another conversation for another day... 

-Merc
legendary
CGB Beat Writing Contest extended through Easter Sunday!  Get your submissions in!

Also, a second excellent submission from paulmaritz below!

What Is Cooler Than Liquid Gold?
What is cooler than liquid gold? Yes, what is cooler than Liquid Gold Hair Products, Alpha-H Liquid Gold, Brackley’s Liquid Gold or Heaven’s Hell Vodka Liquid Gold? What is cooler than liquid gold that flows in a gold smelting furnace at a 1,948°F?
This answer is: Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB)
Whether you’re a professional businessman, a model or the dog of the neighborhood, a kid with a skate board and a dream, a baby sucking on a dummy, the gardener resting under a tree, the asshole politician or the “If You Don’t Hold It, You don’t Own It” gold/silver stacker… I am absolutely convinced Cryptogenic Bullion, or in short CGB, will become cooler than cool to you when you give it the attention it deserves. I mean, the price is right and the specs are spot on, what more can one ask for?
What exactly is Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB)?
To give a short and even shorter answer…
CGB is a digital commodity that possesses all the qualities of money and can successfully be exchanged as a global currency if and when needed. E.g. like gold, it is portable, divisible, fungible, scarce, low inflation, durable, non-consumable, and a store of wealth. It can be stored in a private safe and yet transferred across the globe in minutes. Yes, CGB is a “a digital asset that can be stored like a precious metal, used like an interest bearing account, or exchanged as a global currency.”
The even shorter answer is that CGB is a rare, secure, energy and cost efficient non-violent means to combat the corruption and inefficiencies that are at the heart of most centralized systems today.
When was CGB started?
Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB) saw first light in June 2013 and is still going strong.
What makes CGB cool, besides being a digital commodity and currency?
The following are among the things that makes CGB seriously super cool to say the least…
• Strong Social Support: CGB enjoys the support of a strong community. E.g. CGB recently came 8th out of a total of 216 cryptocurrencies in terms of social strength.
• Active Development: CGB is actively developed by a dev team that is dedicated to CGB’s success. E.g. when news recently surfaced about the Heartbleed Internet bug, they were among the first to release an updated and even more secure CGB wallet.
• Frequent Updates: CGB community members receive frequent updates from the dev team. E.g. “CGB Core Team Weekly Update”.
• Frequent Contests and Giveaways: The CGB community and dev team frequently host contests and giveaways. E.g. there was recently a CGB Celebration give-away at the Vault of Satoshi to celebrate the launch of CGB's first direct CAD & USD markets, which is a huge step forward for CGB.
• Great Website: CGB has a professional and very informative website that features charts & data, an investor brief, frequently asked questions and much more. To check it out for yourself, be sure to pay a visit to: www.cgb.holdings
• Physical CGB Available for Sale: Physical CGB in the form of 1 Troy ounce of .999 fine silver – Commemorative “Cryptogenic Bullion” Proofs are available for sale at www.finitebydesign.net This provides an opportunity to back the digital CGB one holds with physical silver in one’s own capacity. CGB is not formally backed by gold or silver, because there is no central issuing authority and “backing”, especially by a third party, is nothing short of a promise that can be broken (as history has proven beyond a reasonable doubt). When you hold the private key to unlock your portion of CGB in the block chain, you’re holding wealth in your hand. Needless to say, the strength of CGB lies in its digital properties.
You mentioned that “the price is right and the specs are spot on”, could you be more specific?
Yes.
With “the price is right” I mean that Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB) is currently trading within a price range that makes it super cheap, especially considering its rarity and the fact that the baseline reward of 0.01 CGB per block will be reached around June this year (2014). The moment that happens, the maximum annual inflation rate will be penned at 2% (0.5% PoW & 1.5% PoS inflation), bringing an end to the volatile inflationary stage earmarked by plenty of price swings. This will make CGB the ideal cryptographic virtual commodity to hold, especially if you choose to get in at current price levels of around $0.40 per CGB.
In terms of “the specs are spot” on, I mean…
• Proof of Work/Proof of Stake Hybrid – Great in terms of network security and also helps to make CGB energy and cost efficient.
• Algorithm: Scrypt – This is theoretically a much safer algorithm to use than SHA-2, a family of cryptographic hash functions that includes SHA-256, which is used by Bitcoin.
• Linear difficulty retarget (every 2 blocks).
• 5 Confirmations – This combined with a 60 second block time makes relatively fast transaction times possible, while no compromise is made in terms of security.
• 60 Second block time.
• 1.5% Annual interest earned.
• Subsidy halving after every 50k blocks until perpetual reward of 0.01
• Target ~1,000,000 CGB – This combined with 2% annual inflation makes CGB rare, especially when compared to the multi-millions, billions or even trillions of coins flooding the marketplace.
• 0.5% PoW & 1.5% PoS inflation – This is great in terms of both network security and to reward those who support the network.
• Based on Peercoin & Novacoin.
For more info and reasons why Cryptogenic Bullion (CGB) is cooler than liquid gold (and gold for that matter), be sure to pay a visit to: www.cgb.holdings
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
Price will go up slowly same happen to other coins going down then go up
Reposting for visibility. On behalf of the CGB Core Team, thank you to all who have participated in our celebration give-away. As a special gift, we have prepared some technical chart analysis to mark the beginnings of your CGB stack. Cheers!

Technical Chart Analysis - Cryptogenic Bullion - CGB/BTC All-time Chart - Apr 12, 2014

Pages:
Jump to: