Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 47. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
while regulations are helping to create greater certainty.

Regulations from government = good Huh

... well this coin is not for me.

Regulations CAN be good. Of course they can also be terrible.

Often they are terrible. We can't ignore the fact that banks and other large businesses will not touch crypto-currencies without a solid legal framework. Personally I believe that the free market could regulate itself better than any central regulation, however, my opinion is not the point. The point is that it's becoming more appealing to big business partly because of the developing legal foundation. The paper was written to be read and understood by those businesses, and not directed at the average crypto-enthusiast. It's encouragement for them to take the next big steps. Thanks for the replies!
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

Regulations CAN be good. Of course they can also be terrible.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
/

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The reddit GotCrypto tip bot seems to be working well.  I have enabled it for the /r/CryptoGenicbullion subreddit.

More details on the bot http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/comments/1xl1jw/gotcrypto_tip_bot_is_now_in_testing_phase/

In the next couple days if everything still seems to be ok, I will add it to more subreddits.  I'm taking suggestions for applicable subreddits to subscribe.  

That is great news!  Smiley

I am also very happy how voting is coming along on allcrypt, just look how far we have come, united as a community. Everyone keep on going and we are unstoppable!   Cool

+1,Enjoy the ride Cheesy
ECF
Activity: 42
http://www.ecoinfund.com/images/logo.jpg

Website  |  Twitter   |  Bitcointalk

Hi,Cryptogenic Bullion Community

We have added CGB to ECOINFUND.(CGB/BTC,CGB/LTC
Multi-language Alt-Coin Exchange,Fast, Secure and Trustworthy.

Giveaway:
Tweet this green text on your own twitter account and recive 50ECC(ECC Details):
ecoinfund.com |New Exchange,multi-language support,Earn 50ECC(fee shares) by every retweet before 15 April,don't miss the train!
Not re-tweet,but tweet this and post twitter link and your Ecoinfund ID on our bitcointalk thread or pm us.
ECF Coin (ECC for short) is the fee share program launched by Ecoinfund.
Ecoinfund will commit 50% of trade revenue to ECC program. (highest on market)
Giveaway more infomation:https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annexchange-ecoinfundmulti-language-alt-coin-exchange-official-thread-501030

Happy trading !
Activity: 42
Hey forzendiablo! Haven't blessed us with wisdom in a while, were still kickin' here of course. What happened to your SUNcoin gods on rage sig?  Cool
Sneak Preview: CGB Celebration give-away tomorrow hosted by CryptoSandwich and Bitcoin Garden!

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

This is a very exciting time for our community as our first direct CAD & USD markets are launched at the Vault of Satoshi exchange!

Cryptosandwich and Bitcoin Garden are co-hosting a CGB give-away tomorrow and details will be available tomorrow morning (EST)!

We encourage all members of the community to participate by spreading positive messages, retweeting and voting on posts and comments where possible. Please check out our Rally Point over at /r/GotCrypto for opportunities and points of excitement to help spread the word!
Thank you all for your support and keep up the good work and excitement!!

Yes!!! very good news!! I'm hoping that the total crypto scene will get out of the depressing period it has been in lately.. what are the thoughts of you guys how the crypto scene will develop the coming months?

I hope my latest post answers your question Wink. This is where I would like to see more development, in the services which allow the uninitiated to use crypto-currencies in a simple-to-understand manner.

I would guess the whole crypto market will look depressed for some time to come. Many people will give up and abandon their coins as prices fall to very low levels : a mass extinction, as I have been forecasting for a few months... The ones that survive the ice-age will grow and prosper as there will be less competition.

I think you are right. We are seeing a major pullback, no doubt coordinated with the mainstream media to hammer the price down. There is always opportunity for the informed investor to get in on the smart moves and wait for the tide to come back in. I predict it will be a crazy year especially if faith is significantly lost in the debt-based fiat markets.
In celebration of our first CAD/USD <-> CGB markets, now available on Vault of Satoshi, I am releasing a thought-provoking new paper on the future of crypto-currencies in the legacy financial industry. Enjoy!

Adapting the Legacy Financial Industry to Meet Growing Customer Demand for Crypto-Currencies
papersheepdog

The world is becoming increasingly comfortable with Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies as we have had time to put them to the test, while regulations are helping to create greater certainty. We must look forward to understand the next big steps which will allow us to truly bring this technology to the masses. Gold and Silver are called honest money for a reason, and it's the same reason that you can apply to crypto-currencies; they pay special favor to no one. They can be stored in a safe, or removed and sent across the world in minutes. We are now able to create decentralized trading markets which put buyers in direct contact with sellers. The value of this is understood when looking at the recent “high frequency trading” front-running scandal. Our society is technologically saturated and is ready to start building a more robust and decentralized economy. Technologies like 3-D printing, crypto-currencies and wireless mesh networks are showing us what is possible.

In order to try to uncover some of this potential, we will explore some nuances of the old ways and the new ways of doing business. Today, we trust the central banks to not use their ability to print money in an unfair way, but it's simply human nature to exploit unfair advantage. Decentralized crypto-currencies are strictly controlled by a protocol which does not allow for the arbitrary creation, or printing, of money. When you swipe a credit card, money is created which did not exist beforehand, and you are on the hook for it as debt. This fractional reserve banking is what allows up to 30 debtors to be burdened for every dollar in actual reserve holdings. In the new way, money can only come from a wallet with funds in it, and anyone can accept it with virtually no cost. A simple internet connection is required and the recipient must be able to display their wallet address either on paper or screen.

Like every new technology, it will take the population a long time to truly understand it. The freedom to interact with each other in boundless, and yet fair new ways is what will drive the demand for these cryptographic blockchain technologies. However, freedom always comes with responsibility. Today's financial system totally depends on centralized trust to store and transact our savings. The trade off for convenience of security is that you don't actually control your money (and it doesn't technically exist). Even still in this new crypto-landscape we are trying to find excuses for holding our money in centralized locations like Mt. Gox, an exchange that lost half a billion dollars worth of Bitcoin in what appears to be criminal fraud which could no more be blamed on Bitcoin than on the precious metal if it was Gold that had been stolen.

Equity, capital, foreign exchange, derivative markets, multi-party contracts, even entire companies can be established and controlled using existing decentralized peer-to-peer cryptographic technologies. Currencies are just the proof of concept for these more complex cryptographic trustless accounting and organization systems. We have to expect that this will be an evolution and that those already best suited to meet and profit from demand will do so. It appears that central banking is realizing its conclusion, but this does not mean an end to banks. A re-balancing will occur which returns transparency, accountability, and control away from the concentrations of power, and new relationships will be forged which don't require trust in the banks to verify. The transition period will require institutions which allow capital flow between the debt based fiat currencies and the new crypto-currencies and assets. These same institutions would also be well positioned to offer services to simplify spending, accepting, and saving of crypto-currencies.

One of the services related to spending is market access to legacy financial products, including foreign exchange of central bank issued currencies, as well as to other digital crypto-currencies. The other service to support spending would be mobile apps and online portals which utilize proprietary infrastructure to execute requested actions. These apps would also facilitate the receipt of funds to businesses and individuals while providing security services to increase privacy in a transparent manner. Growing demand is also apparent for services which facilitate storage of savings including physical and information security, secure printing and delivery of private keys at request, customer-verified segregated funds, and advanced crypto-currency functions like claiming interest. These services will combine to provide the masses with the simplicity of banking that they are familiar with, and the benefits that are inherent to crypto-currencies.

As momentum builds and the technology is better understood, we are seeing a progression in the quality and trust-worthiness of services being provided. After enduring the uncertainty of such businesses like Mt. GoX, a company that employed 10 people and got its start in the fantasy card game business, the industry as a whole is finally becoming better capitalized and regulated. The smaller, more agile businesses may soon be losing their edge as larger institutions become more comfortable operating within the guidelines and regulations now being put forth by government. It is a matter of time before unbelievably cheap bank accounts, denominated in crypto-currencies, are offered to customers on a massive scale. This is an opportunity for well-capitalized institutions to prove to their customers that they are determined to remain relevant as these new technologies and services emerge to meet growing demand.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
Direct CAD/USD <-> CGB now available on Vault of Satoshi!

Official announcement from Vault of Satoshi.

This is huge news for both the Cryptogenic Bullion Community as well as Vault of Satoshi!

We encourage everyone to consider switching from their current exchange to Vault of Satoshi. Let's get some volume going! Crypto-crypto markets are also available!

Stay tuned for a promotional giveaway to be announced as well as a paper outlining the evolution of the financial services industry to support the new crypto-economy!

Yes!!! very good news!! I'm hoping that the total crypto scene will get out of the depressing period it has been in lately.. what are the thoughts of you guys how the crypto scene will develop the coming months?

I would guess the whole crypto market will look depressed for some time to come. Many people will give up and abandon their coins as prices fall to very low levels : a mass extinction, as I have been forecasting for a few months... The ones that survive the ice-age will grow and prosper as there will be less competition.
Activity: 46

This is huge news for both the Cryptogenic Bullion Community as well as Vault of Satoshi!

We encourage everyone to consider switching from their current exchange to Vault of Satoshi. Let's get some volume going! Crypto-crypto markets are also available!

Stay tuned for a promotional giveaway to be announced as well as a paper outlining the evolution of the financial services industry to support the new crypto-economy!

legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
Really nice to hear about he upcoming features, thanks a lot for the weekly updates!
The new wallet features sound like a big improvement in terms of user-friendliness for all users, but especially newcomers to CGB.

On a side note, I learned the other day about the Blackcoin teams scrypt-altcoin mining pool. (http://blackcoinpool.com/)
CGB is becoming more and more a PoS coin, but the idea to mine other coins and reinvest the profits in CGB might boost the exchange prices for CGB, bringing further interest to our favorite bullion. Perhaps this could be something for the dev team to consider. Going on a similar route could indirectly bring back hash rates from the miners, and get more people besides pure investors into CGB.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
great, thanks for the update.

The Hasher Pool has been updated with the latest wallet.

http://cgb.hasher.ca

Happy Hashing!
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

Very exciting progress being made here - both behind the scenes and out in the open! Some nice upward momentum continues for CGB in price and product while other coins are regressing. This is just the start!

Welcome LarryHardcore! I am extremely pleased to have you on the Core Team!
CGB Core Team Weekly Update – April 9, 2014

More discusion may also be available here: CGB Client Software - Version 1.1.6.7 - Security response update

A number of interesting developments have taken place not only with CGB but also with the greater crypto-currency community as well. In the last week two security vulnerabilities which affect many if not all other crypto-currencies were revealed. We are pleased to report that both vulnerabilities have been patched for CGB and an emergency client software update is available for download. For more details and discussion on the nature of these vulnerabilities, see this post, and this post. We would like to emphasise the importance of upgrading to increase the health and security of our network, even though these attack vectors would be incredibly difficult to profitably exploit.

Some recent changes have been made to our Core Team membership. We are sad to see Killiz resign his position in light of personal obligations. He contributed a lot of excitement to our community, and provided valuable assistance with code audit and improvement and hopes to support CGB when he can. Another valuable member of our community has stepped up and volunteered his services as we are pleased to welcome LarryHardcore as an official CGB Core Team member. His active participation on Reddit, insightful suggestions, and technical background make him a good fit. He brings with him current working experience as a Linux/DevOps Engineer and will be helping out with our back-end infrastructure and services.

Translation efforts are officially under way! Many thanks to space_invader, who brings years of relevant experience to the task of organizing the effort. We would like to support as many languages as possible and strongly encourage all who are able, to participate in the translation effort. Those with the ability to translate to Chinese, Japanese, or other Asian languages are especially encouraged to help out as these are usually more difficult for such a project.

Community participation is encouraged in two marketing events which were announced last week. One is the CGB News Beat Contest which challenges the community to create a news type story or article related to CGB. This contest features 200CGB in prizes!!! Finite By Design has also sponsored another contest called the CGB Guerilla Marketing Campaign. All you have to do is state how you will use a free CGB t-shirt in any way to promote Cryptogenic Bullion. We already have some really wild entries for both contests. Have some fun and win something!!

We would like to make some important clarifications regarding the next major release of the CGB client software. Not only has this update been delayed by multiple security fixes, but has also grown in its ambition. As stated before we will be balancing the PoS/PoW block creation, as well as adding minting visualization, GUI unlock for minting, modern new look, and multiple Novacoin fixes. We are also planning to include exciting new features such as multisig capability to run on distributed exchanges, and scrypt merge mining to boost PoW security. This next update will require a hard fork which simply means that everyone needs to upgrade or their software will no longer function properly. We are hoping to have this release prepared by mid-May but possibly sooner.

More good things are comin' this way!

The CGB Core Team
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
CGB community, today is a big day for the Vault of Satoshi as they conduct a Ask Me Anything (AMA) session at 1pm EST in accordance with a fundraiser for cancer research! This is an excellent cause and the VoS is a friend to CGB. Please get involved in this today and show your support via participation and donation! And of course help to spread the word via social media. Lets give VoS a strong showing of support from the CGB family as they work on this noble cause today! BTW, they accept donations via cryptos and the CGB tipbot is activated so load it up and get ready on Reddit!

Tipbot wiki

CGB live info thread for AMA

AMA IS LIVE!

If you have any questions for the Vault of Satoshi, click the above link and ask away!

Sorry guys, the tipbot was banned from /r/IAmA... I'm not sure why.  Anyway you'll have to donate to the CGB address they listed instead of using the bot.
CGB community, today is a big day for the Vault of Satoshi as they conduct a Ask Me Anything (AMA) session at 1pm EST in accordance with a fundraiser for cancer research! This is an excellent cause and the VoS is a friend to CGB. Please get involved in this today and show your support via participation and donation! And of course help to spread the word via social media. Lets give VoS a strong showing of support from the CGB family as they work on this noble cause today! BTW, they accept donations via cryptos and the CGB tipbot is activated so load it up and get ready on Reddit!

Tipbot wiki

AMA IS LIVE!

If you have any questions for the Vault of Satoshi, click the above link and ask away!
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

Tipbot wiki

Activity: 14
CGB Website Translation Community Effort - Your Help Needed!

I am strongly encouraging bilingual supporters of CGB to participate in the joint effort to translate the website. Let's make it even more awesome by widening the target audience! Chinese and Japanese translators are the most welcome as the language barrier seems the most significant here.

You don't have to be a qualified translator to perform the task, all you need to have are writing skills so that you can provide a correct, fluent-to-read text for speakers of your language as opposed to common google translations of other altoin pages.

How to translate:

1, Go to https://crowdin.net/project/cryptogenic-bullion

2. Register to get access to translation module.

3. If your language is not present on the list, please contact me on reddit or crowdin and I will add it to the project.

4. Translation is divided to subpages, which means that some content needs to be translated multiple times but you can do it fast by selecting existing translations from the memory.

5.  Once finished, it is recommended to proofread the translation (voting). If there's only one person for a language, we can do without it, however.

6. If you have any questions regarding crowdin, the best way to adress them is via crowdin, where you can contact me as a project owner.

Once you are finished, please post your wallet adress on reddit thread so that other members may express their gratitute :-)

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptogenicBullion/comments/22fjva/cgb_website_translation_community_effort_your/
Pages:
Jump to: