Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 5. (Read 286590 times)

legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Hello IMZ! Nice to see you, you are looking good - been a while Smiley

Digit's explanation is probably pretty accurate regarding Ecoinfund. I also think some of the lower volume exchanges may manipulate the price a bit in order to draw in additional traders. Pretty inexpensive to do when such small volume exists and I assume traders may register and move funds in simply by seeing the current price without really looking deep enough to see that the price is propped up on a peg leg?

IMZ, what do you mean by
not listed on your Crptsy exchanges list
?

I would like to fix this but see this exchange listed already on this thread, the website and Reddit...

legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
CGB folk, Got a question for us: [Hey, Elambert! Hey, BTCat!]

This mob -- http://www.ecoinfund.com -- is listed as one of your exchanges here on Bitcointalk; but it's not listed on your Crptsy exchanges list.

Unobtanium and CGB are both showing as trading at low volumes -- but the prices are dodgy. You guys are showin' a buy-sell history about 50% over the mark. Uno is showing figures even more out of whack.

The English-language function seems not to work. But there's this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615695.0;all

Are any of you guys trading on this exchange? Could you PM me?

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

i've traded on there in the past, the reasons you seeing dodgy prices is because alot of self trading occurs on that exchange as they "reward" their users with fractional shares for being in daily top traders, which is ranked by amount of btc traded on coin pair.  you will find most coins with empty or near empty orderbooks get manipulated this way by some users to so they can get their daily quota of freebies/rewards.  the shares themselves can also be traded so it might be profitable for a few users while the opportunity exists.

IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
CGB folk, Got a question for us: [Hey, Elambert! Hey, BTCat!]

This mob -- http://www.ecoinfund.com -- is listed as one of your exchanges here on Bitcointalk; but it's not listed on your Crptsy exchanges list.

Unobtanium and CGB are both showing as trading at low volumes -- but the prices are dodgy. You guys are showin' a buy-sell history about 50% over the mark. Uno is showing figures even more out of whack.

The English-language function seems not to work. But there's this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615695.0;all

Are any of you guys trading on this exchange? Could you PM me?

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
legendary
Looking for multi-lingual volunteers from the community to assist with translation efforts for the new client. Please respond here or reach out to me directly should you want to assist. Thanks  Grin
legendary
Is it necessary for an algo change?  Wouldn't mergemine with ltc/other scrypt coins be more desirable?

One very good option here is to maintain the hybrid algo currently in place, however to adjust and maximize its potential. This can be done by adding merged mining on the PoW side as you mention digit, and then by maximizing the PoS side by providing additional incentive for holders to stake and protect the network. This would of course have to be done within the limits of our established 2% maximum yearly inflationary profile. That being said, I have written an initial rough draft white paper that describes how this goal can be met while staying within the established guidelines. This white paper and proposed implementation will be discussed with the team and the community once the new client is released and a direction will be decided at that point.

Going PoS only is another idea that has been batted around for some time within the community and is an option that will be further explored as well after the next client release. This could potentially also make use of the new PoS proposal I have outlined in the above mentioned white paper.

More to come...

Right now, the new client is the focus.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Is it necessary for an algo change?  Wouldn't mergemine with ltc/other scrypt coins be more desirable?
legendary
Activity: 1044
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
Hey elambert, development still active on CGB?

Yes sir, we are working on a new client release presently.

Very nice.

Would love to be able to use other algos on it. I miss the days when GPU's could mine scrypt profitably Sad
legendary

Yes sir, we are working on a new client release presently.
legendary
Activity: 1044
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
legendary
CGB Core Team Update - October 12, 2014

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

Greetings to the CGB family! A quick update on CGB Core Team progress is outlined below.
Just a quick query, are there any fundamental changes planned for the network or client, such as a new mining algo? (I run *nix and scrypt ASICs so I'm happy for the basics to stay the same Smiley )

There is no algo change with the upcoming release. The main changes are multisig, change from berkeley-db to level-db, new client look and terminology, improvements to make the client 'Vault' more user friendly such as addition of qr codes, unlock for staking button, etc...

Please note that we are in discussion phases regarding evolving the current algo but this will not be included in this release -  stay tuned with our periodic updates so you are aware if/when changes on your end are necessary.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
CGB Core Team Update - October 12, 2014

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

Greetings to the CGB family! A quick update on CGB Core Team progress is outlined below.
Just a quick query, are there any fundamental changes planned for the network or client, such as a new mining algo? (I run *nix and scrypt ASICs so I'm happy for the basics to stay the same Smiley )
legendary
Hi friends!
The idea of the CGB is to be "gold bullion", as I understand. The only practical application, however, of  "gold bullion" is sitting in the vaults of banks. Why not try to do something in this direction with these here:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/fidor-bank-partners-kraken-create-cryptocurrency-bank/    ?

Thank you for the heads-up, will definitely keep on eye on this  Wink

However, please keep in mind that one of the advantages that CGB has versus gold is that it allows one to be their own secure 'vault' and eliminates the reliance on a 3rd party. More services and alternatives are definitely worth pursuing and establishing, but this core benefit should not be overlooked in my opinion.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Hi friends!
The idea of the CGB is to be "gold bullion", as I understand. The only practical application, however, of  "gold bullion" is sitting in the vaults of banks. Why not try to do something in this direction with these here:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/fidor-bank-partners-kraken-create-cryptocurrency-bank/    ?
legendary
Activity: 1960
Posting some info that can be used to submit CGB to a large Social Media tipping platform. I have not filled in an application as it is something that the CGB community would want
(mainly because of the setup fee of $120 value). Many coinservices ask for something to support a coin and that is why I believe CGB needs a formula to collect some funds for this type of things. That way CGB can develop more fast in the field. How? I don't know but I have the feeling it's gonna be more and more important. The ICO coins can do this a lot easier if the money is spend well. Anyhow, explore below links and see if it's interesting to target. 

About WhitePuma.net: tipping with cryptocurrencies
http://www.whitepuma.net/about/

Learn about the voting system:
http://community.coldcryptos.com/threads/read-this-before-posting-a-request.350/

Application for coin:
http://www.whitepuma.net/multitipping/forum/index.php?mode=page&id=4
legendary
Oh that's insane $1,500. We could do a huge campaign on SecondLife for that (even $100 brings us far).
We could get some land and create a permanent infohub. It's a lot of work though to get it right and make proper buildings  Cheesy

Try creating a flag with CGB, one you could hold inhand above the crowd if possible, hehe. I don't see any option to preview or try the virtual environment, you may not be able to bring anything in there.
legendary

As always, thank you for finding this and bringing it to the attention of the community! I will definitely attend this conference and hope it to be a big success - it seems to be a wonderful idea. I have looked into the possibility of sponsoring and/or exhibiting but sadly the least expensive option is $1,500.
legendary
legendary
Thanks Killiz.

Good article was just posted:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112782/blocknet-is-like-the-mega-man-of-altcoins

Actually it's pretty easy now to get your hands on real gold also with CGB since it paired with XRP on Cryptsy. Only problem is volume, it's a new market. But through the Ripple gateway you can easily buy gold. A big mass never accepted XRP because of premine etc. it seems there is a big shift now and people see benefits. But the other way around would be better, people can SPEND real gold, exchange for XRP and buy CGB's on Cryptsy. Cryptocoins and commodities are coming together as well:)
Activity: 750
Merit: 503

Blocknet, The internet of blockchains / XBridge / true cross-chain P2P

Could be interesting for CGB. I'm not too technical so can't say if it's legit or doable. What you guys think?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annblocknet-truly-decentralized-exchange-token-ecosystem-infrastructure-829576

Obviously the reason I post this is to discuss options for CGB to hook on to some of the latest technology. If people think that only the newer coins are interesting because of new algo's and features they could be proven wrong. While those coins are still in the diaper they often are a very risky investment. CGB has been solid tech since mid 2013, a good foundation to develop upon. You can build a wonderfull castle and have great dreams, but if that castle is build on quicksand ...., it's gone. On the other hand, when there is real innovation in crypto's then CGB can jump on the bandwagon. There are several projects that try to combine multiple cryptocurrencies into one system or network, it looks as if the clones are trying to become one again, it's almost metaphysics. I'm just wondering if such collaborations are the way to go for CGB.

Even a project as this is still in early stage or they are copycats from supernet. At all times we should avoid anything centralized or unproven.
As always, thank you kindly to BTCat for your constant involvement and dedication to CGB and our community! You are truly a supporter who is worth his weight in Bullion  Grin

The Blocknet is a very interesting idea and something that crossed the Core Team's radar as well. Further research is needed though and I personally would like to see how this develops a bit more before tying CGB to the project. We have limited resources and a full plate of projects in the works right now which I feel are the right priority direction for CGB in order to stand on its own as a leader and innovator. Joining forces with some creative and successful projects occurring in the community should always be considered and pursued if the litmus test of legitimacy and integrity are passed. Lets keep an eye on this one and see how things play out. Sadly there are a lot of deceitful entities involved in this space, so in my opinion trust has to be earned over time and is hazardous to give out without proper vetting.

Changing gears, I would like to reiterate to the community that the new client is close to completion. This is very exciting for us as well as for members in the community as this involves providing new to CGB features and better client performance overall. On that note, I would like to request assistance from a couple of members from the community to assist in beta testing of the client to make 100% certain all bugs are worked out before public release. If you are interested and have some free time to assist with this, please respond on this thread and I will follow up with you. Note, we are not looking for a large group and will lean toward selection of those who have been active supporters in the selection process.

Thank you all for your involvement and support on this trailblazing journey thus far!

elambert

BTCat, as ever, always a trailblazer for CGB. Finding and beating down new avenues, opportunities and incentives. Respect.

I do although think CGB has the fundamentals and ability to stand alone as simply a store of value. No fancy frills. Pure simplicity. Simply digital bullion. No multiple unsteady exchanges, no hyped up tag on start up crypto ventures, and a vast array of merchants accepting and immediately converting CGB to BTC then fiat.

As elambert has stated in a previous post, simplicity is the key. The ease of use of the software, and an unconfused understanding that you are buying something that you put away for a rainy day and not think about (except for staking).

Too much is misunderstood about CGB. Too many people think of it as a coin, something you spend. It is digital gold. Everyone reading this thread knows this, so there is no need to make it something it is not. All that needs to be done is to make it the easiest digital asset for people to hold and understand. Nothing more. No bows and ribbons. CGB is simply Cryptogenic Bullion, the best thing to do with it, is to invest in it, hold it, and not make it any more complicated.
legendary
Hi elambert, I would be willing/available for beta testing the new client - I can run both the Windows and Linux versions of the client if needs be Smiley

Fantastic! I was hoping you would be one of the volunteers! I will reach out soon.

Also, I should have mentioned - the test builds are Windows and Linux. We will add Mac support upon release.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: