Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 61. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
An article on the top 100 digital currency by social media presence.  Spoiler...we are 6th Smiley

http://crypt.la/2014/03/01/top-100-digital-currencies-by-social-media-presence/
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Hi guys,

congrats on the currency, I like it a lot!
However, I have one big problem, after downloading wallet version 1.1.6.5, I am getting:
Code:
WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download or notify developers.

Isn't this the last version of the wallet?
Also I guess I will not be able to mint any PoS stake this way?

A new version of the client is under construction and will be released shortly.
Activity: 378
Merit: 265
Hi guys,

congrats on the currency, I like it a lot!
However, I have one big problem, after downloading wallet version 1.1.6.5, I am getting:
Code:
WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download or notify developers.

Isn't this the last version of the wallet?
Also I guess I will not be able to mint any PoS stake this way?
legendary
Guys, good News!

We are now on the bitcoin poll for getting added to the new exchange Bittrex.com!

Please had over there and cast your vote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497351.new#new

Great find, voted!
Activity: 120
WTB 10,000 CGB for 5 BTC. Escrow OK or do trade in parts, seller of CGB goes first. Please PM if interested to fill order, in part or full, .5 BTC minimum order.
If you can get this buy order filled, you are very luck.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
black swan hunter
WTB 10,000 CGB for 5 BTC. Escrow OK or do trade in parts, seller of CGB goes first. Please PM if interested to fill order, in part or full, .5 BTC minimum order.
Activity: 266
Interesting coin. When approx it is going to be PoS only by the way?

CGB will remain a PoW/PoS hybrid. The PoW subsidy will halve until the baseline of .01 CGB per block is reached where it will remain. This will keep holders earning interest while at the same time further securing the block chain via PoW mining and PoS stake mining. An attack on a PoW/PoS hybrid would have to consist of not only control of greater than 50% of hashing power (as with most other coins) but also would require ownership of greater than 50% of the staked coins. The PoS addition essentially means that any potential attacker would have to be a majority owner of CGB as well as the majority miner and thereby the attack would predominantly be against themselves.

Boy are you guys getting it wrong or what!!!! Economy is not this coin's forte. This .01 baseline will eliminate all incentive to mine the coin.  Very High Brow and High Roller as we sink further down closer to zero; .01 baseline has to be raised or this coin will disappear, period.

What does it matter?  The PoW network could drop to zero but PoS will keep the blockchain chugging along.

Thanks for clarifications everybody, but I am not sure then, who will mine for reward 0.01 per block? So this will be same as pure PoS in my opinion. So let's rephrase my question - can I see somewhere the timeline? When the reward will be 0.01, 0.1 etc?

--

IMO the best way is to make PoS reward same as NXT has it. Reward is not calculated per anum there, but every transaction's fee is going to the "miner", so there is no inflation, and with growinf of the network, it can be much more then 10% yearly, without negative effects of inflation.

Hey Armando, thanks for taking the time to post your input. I believe we are at around 950K coins and should be hitting the 1Mil mark and going to 0.1 reward in about 2 months if I recall correctly. I may not be totally accurate on the details and will certainly be compiling more exact data as we go. The reward is a really small factor when you consider its on the tail end.

Regarding NXT reward, it sounds quite different than the arrangement that CGB has and I cant see us even discussing such a drastic change right now. I guess it doesn't hurt to speculate but I would feel that .5% inflation to miners and 1.5% inflation to savers seems like a good balance, not to mention it's modelled after the gold supply. If the reward is too low because the price of the each CGB is low at the moment; this is only temporary. The dual Pow/PoS security really helps in these situations. I appreciate the discussion and hope to keep this involvement up!
Activity: 870
Merit: 500
Trading will make me rich)

CGB will remain a PoW/PoS hybrid. The PoW subsidy will halve until the baseline of .01 CGB per block is reached where it will remain. This will keep holders earning interest while at the same time further securing the block chain via PoW mining and PoS stake mining. An attack on a PoW/PoS hybrid would have to consist of not only control of greater than 50% of hashing power (as with most other coins) but also would require ownership of greater than 50% of the staked coins. The PoS addition essentially means that any potential attacker would have to be a majority owner of CGB as well as the majority miner and thereby the attack would predominantly be against themselves.

I feel that the PoS needs to be higher. The supposed mirroring of monetary inflation is irrelevant at this stage.

10% pa, with 7 days qualification cycle would give sufficient incentive. Any opinions ?

I find 10% PoS reward a little too high; but I agree with you that 1.5% is much too low, given the current high level of risk, to interest large investors.  The good news with CGB that it wouldnt take many interested parties to make the coin move upwards, but if we want the outcome to change something needs to be done.

IMO the best way is to make PoS reward same as NXT has it. Reward is not calculated per anum there, but every transaction's fee is going to the "miner", so there is no inflation, and with growinf of the network, it can be much more then 10% yearly, without negative effects of inflation.
Activity: 870
Trading will make me rich)

Boy are you guys getting it wrong or what!!!! Economy is not this coin's forte. This .01 baseline will eliminate all incentive to mine the coin.  Very High Brow and High Roller as we sink further down closer to zero; .01 baseline has to be raised or this coin will disappear, period.

What does it matter?  The PoW network could drop to zero but PoS will keep the blockchain chugging along.

Thanks for clarifications everybody, but I am not sure then, who will mine for reward 0.01 per block? So this will be same as pure PoS in my opinion. So let's rephrase my question - can I see somewhere the timeline? When the reward will be 0.01, 0.1 etc?
Activity: 434
Only 1 vote so far...mine.  Lets go everybody.
Activity: 695
Guys, good News!

We are now on the bitcoin poll for getting added to the new exchange Bittrex.com!

Please had over there and cast your vote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497351.new#new

Activity: 120
Hi Elambert, I think you have done a great job. Beling able to find a new CGB team in such a short time. Really well done. Hopefully, the new team will push CGB moving forward...
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

I feel that the PoS needs to be higher. The supposed mirroring of monetary inflation is irrelevant at this stage.

10% pa, with 7 days qualification cycle would give sufficient incentive. Any opinions ?

I find 10% PoS reward a little too high; but I agree with you that 1.5% is much too low, given the current high level of risk, to interest large investors.  The good news with CGB that it wouldnt take many interested parties to make the coin move upwards, but if we want the outcome to change something needs to be done.

It is not so much the large investors that need to be encouraged with interest. IMO the importance of a higher PoS is that it gives the incentive for more wallets to be mining stake at any one time, thus strengthening the network.
A reduction in the qualifying time for coins to mine stake would achieve a similar result.
legendary
Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

Activity: 750
Merit: 503
I think CGB has very strong fundamentals with the limited supply and deflationary aspects that encourage savings.

Leadership is essential to the success of any business, and that was clearly demonstrated yesterday.  Instead of panic, elambert took the high road, found a new developer, and restored confidence to the community.

Thank you my friend.

Additionally I would like to mention that I have been away at a friends wedding this weekend. I think I have shown that I am dedicated despite hardships and can be counted on to make sure the interests of the community are attended to. I will let my actions speak for me.

I would recommend replacing the image of a baby with something a lot more professional to promote the project. Also, you should consider removing the references to your personal life in your bio on the CGB website (i.e. being married and having a child) and avoid references to your personal life in the discussion (like going to weddings or being involved with family and not having time to work on CGB).

After my experience with Mastercoin and the personal life of the founder (very similar to this here) interfering with his work on the project at a very critical time in its development, this is a BIG, BIG red flag to my investing in it. I am very tempted by the low prices to take the plunge, but am sitting on the sidelines, mainly over this issue.

I understand the reasoning behind your comments. But I don't believe in any way that elamberts personal life has affected his ability to show his solid commitment to CGB over the last day or so.
If anything it has shown what a greatly committed person he really is. Yes maybe he has revealed a little too much of his commitment to his friends and family, and is this a bad thing? To know that behind the scenes he is as dedicated to them as he is to CGB only shows further his selflessness to everyone else involved around him, either in his immediate family or among the CGB community.
Who? Would step in and gather together a new team to take the reigns of CGB whilst among friends and family on a day that they are supposed to be enjoying and celebrating. Forgetting about work and commitments. Not many at all!

If anything, elambert has proved himself to be a great leader, and outdone his expected commitment to this community, and from here, knowing this, we can only get stronger and have better hopes for the future of CGB, and for our own friends and family along with it.

Activity: 266
Your devotion to the CGB is no doubt for me, I have seen this year.

But the new asking about CGB will simply see a father of a family who does that to pass the time.

You could take another more formal nickname for your ads?

I see what you are saying Hubert and thank you for stepping up with your opinion. I agree completely with you that we have not been projecting quite the right image and I have had an eye on changing that website since I became active in the community. A lot of the wording is not conveying the proper message in my opinion. I know that elambert is very committed to this project and I can't think of a better leader but you are right we will need to be looking at professional image going forward. When we look back we will see a time of great upheaval in the CGB community, but also we have to see that some things are also unwavering and dependable. Our number one priority as a new team is to make sure that we are taking a look at the big picture and ensuring that resources are allocated efficiently and where needed so that conflicts like this are not necessary in the future.

I will personally make sure that our internal restructuring and our new focus is made public so that anyone who has doubts about what happened will have them laid aside. The only reason I am here is because of what CGB is. Those fundamentals have not changed and I am unphased by these events. Rest assured that what you have all seen here is the start of a new beginning for CGB, which has coincided so perfectly with the end of CGB's volatile inflationary period and the dawn of its investment potential.

I will still be relying on the Open Source Community Development and Marketing Strategy to rally the community and direct our focus. I will also continue to produce papers and documents which reflect the potential of CGB and the crypto-currency ecosystem as a whole. We have something special here and I have made it my job to make sure that people can understand why.

Again, thank you for your participation.

-papersheepdog
Activity: 50
Merit: 7
Your devotion to the CGB is no doubt for me, I have seen this year.

But the new asking about CGB will simply see a father of a family who does that to pass the time.

You could take another more formal nickname for your ads?
legendary
Thanks guys.
1. Avatars cannot be changed on bitcointalk
2. A quick blurb about my family in my bio? You think is negatively effecting CGB?
3. I used a real life example from yesterday as a specific example in response to my dedication, commitment and character being attacked
Activity: 50
Merit: 7
Sorry for the grammar but I am French and I do not speak very good English.

I strongly believe in that currency, I possesses more than 10,000 CGB but I agree with the previous poster about your family.

I would recommend replacing the image of a baby with something a lot more professional to promote the project. Also, you should consider removing the references to your personal life in your bio on the CGB website

I think the same thing, it does not pro and it costs nothing not to make reference to your family.

it is a world of sharks and appearance matters a lot.

Activity: 448
black swan hunter
I think CGB has very strong fundamentals with the limited supply and deflationary aspects that encourage savings.

Leadership is essential to the success of any business, and that was clearly demonstrated yesterday.  Instead of panic, elambert took the high road, found a new developer, and restored confidence to the community.

Thank you my friend.

Additionally I would like to mention that I have been away at a friends wedding this weekend. I think I have shown that I am dedicated despite hardships and can be counted on to make sure the interests of the community are attended to. I will let my actions speak for me.

I would recommend replacing the image of a baby with something a lot more professional to promote the project. Also, you should consider removing the references to your personal life in your bio on the CGB website (i.e. being married and having a child) and avoid references to your personal life in the discussion (like going to weddings or being involved with family and not having time to work on CGB).

After my experience with Mastercoin and the personal life of the founder (very similar to this here) interfering with his work on the project at a very critical time in its development, this is a BIG, BIG red flag to my investing in it. I am very tempted by the low prices to take the plunge, but am sitting on the sidelines, mainly over this issue.
Pages:
Jump to: