Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 65. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Great news guys! We have a new lead dev, at least for the interim! I will announce soon. We will be releasing new clients as soon as possible which will include new checkpoints, a bug fix with listaccounts vs getbalance and a new splash screen (gold logo with new slogan "Earn. Store. Multiply").

That is great news!!! Good job!

When I read the news this morning I first wasn't sure what to think, what to do or whom to trust. But after the first shock and thinking about the whole situation, as well as reading your post I am more then ever confident in you and CGB! After all I think this incident will just make CGB and most of all the Community backing it stronger and laid the foundation for new healthy start!
With that sad, I would like to take the opportunity to say, that  I am here ready to jump in with what ever I may be able to help.
Just let me know and I will do my best to do it!

Those who have read this thread from the beginning may know that I had concerns about Merc being key man. Not because of his abilities: I believe he was extraordinarilty capable, but because of the load placed on one brilliant dev..

I have been involved with 30 different Cryptos over the last year, and see many recurring themes : reasons why an otherwise great coin does not prosper.  Be under no illusion, a coin cannot survive without an excellent dev team to share the load, not just of coding, but of the psychological pressures from 'supporters' which can become intolerable.

Let's now work on creating the right conditions for success.

You have been involved in 30 different cryptos, so what is it about CGB that stands out to you? 

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
Great news guys! We have a new lead dev, at least for the interim! I will announce soon. We will be releasing new clients as soon as possible which will include new checkpoints, a bug fix with listaccounts vs getbalance and a new splash screen (gold logo with new slogan "Earn. Store. Multiply").

When I read the news this morning I first wasn't sure what to think, what to do or whom to trust. But after the first shock and thinking about the whole situation, as well as reading your post I am more then ever confident in you and CGB! After all I think this incident will just make CGB and most of all the Community backing it stronger and laid the foundation for new healthy start!
With that sad, I would like to take the opportunity to say, that  I am here ready to jump in with what ever I may be able to help.

Those who have read this thread from the beginning may know that I had concerns about Merc being key man. Not because of his abilities: I believe he was extraordinarily capable, but because of the load placed on one brilliant dev..

I have been involved with 30 different Cryptos over the last year, and see many recurring themes : reasons why an otherwise great coin does not prosper.  Be under no illusion, a coin cannot survive without an excellent dev team to share the load, not just of coding, but of the psychological pressures from 'supporters' which can become intolerable.

Let's now work on creating the right conditions for success.

legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Is Freetrade the new developer lol?

No he is not, but I will be reaching out to him regarding collaboration Smiley
He is a very talented dev with an innovative approach and ideas.
legendary

That truly is great news! While I was somewhat in shock the last few hours with the sudden price crash and the news of merc leaving (I only then read the blog entry), I am now positive that this will all turn out fine.
As Elambert said himself, I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. We all are just humans beings in the end who make mistakes. It is easy for relationships to suffer and break without personal face-to-face conversations, especially when tested by tensions and stress caused by development and such.

Even though I do not agree with the way Merc handled things in the end, I am sad to see him go and hold no grudges. It surely was an emotional act and he probably hurt himself as much as he did CGB and the community. I wish him well on his further journey and with MADEsparq development.

While many of us had high hopes and expectations of what MADEsparq would bring, and these hopes are now shattered, we must not forget that CGB by itself is a solid and mature coin that can very well stand on its own. Where one chapter ends, another begins. This is not the end my friends, it is only an unexpected turn of events. Yes a coin needs a solid dev to take care of it and keep it up-to-date. Yes I am very grateful that Elambert is there as founder, and is taking care of things as best he can. The speed with which he is already announcing a new dev is honestly right near dumbfounding. But in the end we must not forget that this is a community project. As long as we as a community stand behind CGB, believe in it, and do what we can to help, CGB is not going anywhere.

What does not kill us makes us stronger, and CGB is by no means dead! I am very exited to see what the future will bring. Hang on and enjoy the ride!

Ethapus, please reach out to me at [email protected]. With some new found decision making freedom I am ready to take some steps that I have long been pushing for. One is growing the development team. I have 3 official members that I am looking to announce in short order and want to gauge your interest as well as that of x0rcist and Killiz (you guys please reach out as well). We have a lot of work to do and need a solid team to work together. Thank you for your support!

Also, would everyone please remove the .org website domain from signatures, reddit, etc? We will be building a new website with a new address as soon as possible. In the interim, Reddit is our home.
Is Freetrade the new developer lol?
Activity: 64
Merit: 10

That truly is great news! While I was somewhat in shock the last few hours with the sudden price crash and the news of merc leaving (I only then read the blog entry), I am now positive that this will all turn out fine.
As Elambert said himself, I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. We all are just humans beings in the end who make mistakes. It is easy for relationships to suffer and break without personal face-to-face conversations, especially when tested by tensions and stress caused by development and such.

Even though I do not agree with the way Merc handled things in the end, I am sad to see him go and hold no grudges. It surely was an emotional act and he probably hurt himself as much as he did CGB and the community. I wish him well on his further journey and with MADEsparq development.

While many of us had high hopes and expectations of what MADEsparq would bring, and these hopes are now shattered, we must not forget that CGB by itself is a solid and mature coin that can very well stand on its own. Where one chapter ends, another begins. This is not the end my friends, it is only an unexpected turn of events. Yes a coin needs a solid dev to take care of it and keep it up-to-date. Yes I am very grateful that Elambert is there as founder, and is taking care of things as best he can. The speed with which he is already announcing a new dev is honestly right near dumbfounding. But in the end we must not forget that this is a community project. As long as we as a community stand behind CGB, believe in it, and do what we can to help, CGB is not going anywhere.

What does not kill us makes us stronger, and CGB is by no means dead! I am very exited to see what the future will bring. Hang on and enjoy the ride!
Activity: 695
Merit: 500

legendary

Any fundamental changes to the coin now that the developer is gone (volume, deflation etc.)?

No fundamental changes, just an overdue fix and refreshing of the splash.

Any fundamental changes to the coin now that the developer is gone (volume, deflation etc.)?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 368
I think that personal blog from Mercury should be removed from the website ASAP.

A blog with "lack of support" in its title will leave a bad impression with both potential and current users in CGB!
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

Very nice !

Have you thought about expanding the dev team a bit ? AFAIK merc was really the only dev so progress was slow becaues one guy can only work so much but.
Activity: 602
I still don't understand why you would dump all your CGB and undercut yourself on the price.  Could have divested slowly and made more money.

probably too emotional
legendary
I still don't understand why you would dump all your CGB and undercut yourself on the price.  Could have divested slowly and made more money.
Activity: 602
very personal. not professional.

also need to add that those fat-as richest adresses should thihnk about giving some bounties for the people who work on the coin while they are the ones profiting without doing much. Someone with a stake of dozens of thousands of cgb should give out some to bring forward the coin. If those richest people don't do it - nobody will. So the richest holders need to give some kind of financial support. That applies to other coins also i think. Just hoarding into the sky and nothing else is not going to be great.

It is a sad turn of events. Others here know me and have known me for some time now. I am not a dick and have been with CGB since the start through many ups and downs. I do have a family with a young son, a full time job and another business so my obligations are many. Each story has 2 sides and I will not get involved in a personal back and forth public character attack battle. More important things on the horizon. I am heavily invested in CGB and will continue to work with the community to make it a success. I do know for a fact that it was Mercury dumping the last weeks. He confirmed as much in an email.

We are moving on now and I will no longer discuss Mercury Stills nor MADEsparq.

Very mature response.

Two sides to every story, but I tend to believe the guy that takes the high road vs the guy that dumps his shares and collapses a project that many had invested their discretionary income into.
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
Mercury sounds perfectly rational to me. That guy was the coin.

Every possible effort should have been made to keep him happy. More coins, more support, more anything the hell he wanted.

Now, you are calling him childish? What is wrong with you people?

Now you have a perfectly good coin, but it is not that different from all of the others. He was your star and you let him go.
legendary
It is a sad turn of events. Others here know me and have known me for some time now. I am not a dick and have been with CGB since the start through many ups and downs. I do have a family with a young son, a full time job and another business so my obligations are many. Each story has 2 sides and I will not get involved in a personal back and forth public character attack battle. More important things on the horizon. I am heavily invested in CGB and will continue to work with the community to make it a success. I do know for a fact that it was Mercury dumping the last weeks. He confirmed as much in an email.

We are moving on now and I will no longer discuss Mercury Stills nor MADEsparq.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
I have just read the blog post on the CB site, and I just can't believe what a childish and selfish rant it is.

If he felt that way, then why go ahead and take it out on everyone who has invested their money into CGB by dumping his holdings and crashing the price like that effecting everyone involved. How can anyone respect someone who would do that? Did he not think of all the people who have put their faith and money into CGB?

First of all do we know it's him dumping ?
Secondly what if he's only telling the truth ? What if elambert really is the dick he describes ? (I'm just posing a question, I'm not saying anyones a dick)
Last but not least: How is CGB going to recover if madesparq not affilliated anymore ? Wasn't that the one thing we were all waiting for ?
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
I have just read the blog post on the CB site, and I just can't believe what a childish and selfish rant it is.

If he felt that way, then why go ahead and take it out on everyone who has invested their money into CGB by dumping his holdings and crashing the price like that effecting everyone involved. How can anyone respect someone who would do that? Did he not think of all the people who have put their faith and money into CGB?

Pages:
Jump to: