Pages:
Author

Topic: HitBTC scam! - page 15. (Read 24650 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 12, 2017, 06:51:34 PM
Crazy how many scam accusations I have read in the last days about this exchange. I knew that it was shady, but really didnt think that it would conduct fraud this obvious. Im sorry for all those that lost their money on this exchange. Its a pity that exchanges like that are not taken down by regulators by now.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
December 12, 2017, 06:01:09 PM
hitbtc doesn't refund our money after selling fake amm to us!!

Em 2017-12-12 15:00, Nelly Marsh (HitBTC) escreveu:
> ##- Please type your reply above this line -##
>
> NELLY MARSH (HitBTC)
>
> Dec 12, 17:00 WET
>
> Dear trader,
>
> Thank you for reaching out!
>
> Due to malfunction caused by criminal activity your account was
> allegedly connected with fraudulent actions.
>
> We understand your dissatisfaction, but the trust should not be blind.
> Some traders undeservedly got more tokens than they deposited and
> started to sell AMM to other traders. The total offer of tokens
> repeatedly exceeded the number of tokens which were actually released.
> The price was 10 times lower than the average price for the market.
> HitBTC trollbox was full of messages about it. We noticed it and took
> actions, however you should have noticed it as well, if you trade
> responsibly.
>
> Please be more careful and do not fall for fraudulent provocations.
>
> Regards,
> Nelly Marsh
> HitBTC Support Team

trollbox  LOL
Its funny... I have the right to take my money fully refunded
Activity: 174
Merit: 12
December 12, 2017, 11:30:35 AM
Well this sucks:

Nelly Marsh (HitBTC)
Dec 11, 15:45 WET

Dear trader,

There will be no refund.
You should not blindly believe everything that happens on the exchange. We eliminate scammers as quickly as possible and take necessary measures.

Please be more careful and do not fall for fraudulent provocations.

WTF!?!??! What are they for then?
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
December 11, 2017, 10:21:54 PM
If this story is true, it is near to unbelievable. However I would never trade on HitBTC. They are known to do shady business, havent you seen the "you got scammed by HitBTC" memes on telegram or anywhere else? Its like common knowledge that one should avoid HitBTC.

Really sad for your loss, I hope you will achieve something for the good of all traders.

Furthermore Im looking forward to the day when DEx's are going to put those shady centralized exchanges out of business for good.
this is true.. I also bought AMM when the market opened and until now they did not refund my btc. really they are very unprofessional, mistakes caused by them but they just blame anyone who bought AMM. i can not talk anymore, be careful trading at hitbtc, lest one day you get trapped and lose if they make the act again.
Activity: 1
December 11, 2017, 10:16:37 PM
i lost 420$ to this scam they returned me only 80$...i bought AMM 3 rounds and the 80$ was the first 200 coins that i bought at .40 cents but the other 420$ they refuse to refund them ..what im curious is how can they determine what coin was fake and what coin was real since i bought all 3+ mil in a matter or 20 seconds ...as a matter of facts im the first one that noticed the price drop so i keep buying since i knew there are only 17 mil of them ...and all i could see on sale was 5.9 mil of them so of course i went all in ...i was placing buying orders lower and lower and they were all filled up super fast so i set a 300$ buying order for 0.000001 cents and it got filled in 2 seconds ...thats when i realized it wasnt ok ,so i sent a mail to support telling them the AMM is a scam coin and i explained them why i believe so , but unfortunately HITBTC didnt act as fast as i was expecting ,it took them over 7 hours to react ,and after i did their job and detected the scam ,hitbtc apparently decided not to refund me my money ,but they also blame me of participating in the scam ,well here is my answer ....i will not let this go even if i lose more money HITBTC ..i will make you bleed badly ...and for the record they shut down the blog on hitbtc and deleted all records of my AMM but i have one screenshot of my tokens withdraw without my permission .HAVE A NICE DAY AND TRY STOPPING ME
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 11, 2017, 09:34:37 PM
If this story is true, it is near to unbelievable. However I would never trade on HitBTC. They are known to do shady business, havent you seen the "you got scammed by HitBTC" memes on telegram or anywhere else? Its like common knowledge that one should avoid HitBTC.

Really sad for your loss, I hope you will achieve something for the good of all traders.

Furthermore Im looking forward to the day when DEx's are going to put those shady centralized exchanges out of business for good.
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
December 11, 2017, 06:22:35 PM
forum.hitbtc.com/categories/support

forum disabled or am i banned?
December 11, 2017, 07:18:24 AM
latest news from HitBTC support. I can't believe they are going that way! blaming everyone around and totally denying their own responsibility.
it's like talking to a 12-year old.

Dear Trader,

Thank you for reaching out!

We highly appreciate your interest in our exchange, but the trust should not be blind. Some traders dishonestly got more tokens than they bought and started to sell them to you (they, not us). The total offer of tokens repeatedly exceeded the number of tokens in the nature. The price was in 10 times lower than the average price for the market. Our chat on the exchange was full of discussions about this exact topic. We noticed it and took actions, however you should have noticed it as well, if you trade responsibly.

Please don't hesitate to get back to us if we can be of any other assistance.

Kind regards

and then more:

Appropriate measures were taken. The trading operations were suspended due to identifying and fixing the problem.
We surely weren't flooding the market with illegitimate tokens, but some traders did this, initiating fraudulent activity.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
December 11, 2017, 01:25:14 AM
OP, try to please give the whole story from your side before you post something libelous. You are trying to bring a reputation of a site down with no argument except for a link to another forum.

Be good enough to fill us in with the details please.

Details:

Many of us had been following Micromoney (AMM) for a long time, waiting to buy after it got listed on an exchange. HitBTC was the first larger exchange to list AMM. Just after it was listed, the price plummeted, and nobody could explain why. Many of us were frantically buying/selling, not knowing what was happening.

After a few hours the price was almost zero, and it was obvious something was wrong with the code. Several users alerted HitBTC through support tickets and the chatbox. But HitBTC said nothing, and AMM trading was left open for several more hours. The Micromoney team informed us that they had been trying to contact HitBTC directly by phone, but nobody was answering, and there was no official response or communication from HitBTC. Trading was left open, despite numerous warnings from MicroMoney and customers that something was wrong.

After some time HitBTC issued a statement saying that there was a mistake and that all cases would be resolved personally. But today, HitBTC sent out an email saying:

"Due to the malfunction caused by fraud all trades are deemed illegitimate. As you committed trades and supported the fraudulent course of events, the amount of AMM bought will be written of from your account and no refunds are to be made."

So HitBTC is blaming the fraudulent trades on their customers, the same customers that tried for many hours to warn them something was wrong, and that they should stop AMM trading ASAP. But they didn't stop the trading, despite all attempts to warn them something was wrong.

And now they are blaming us, the customers, and our money has been withdrawn from our wallets.

I believe this deserves more attention. My advice to you would be to take screenshots of all your emails with HitBTC and collect all of the links and other related information. Post all that, with your story, in scam accusations and at least try to have a moderator mark HitBTC's account in the forum red.

I am not certain if you can get your coins back, but you can convince others not to trade in HitBTC.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
December 10, 2017, 11:28:54 PM
I am also very disappointed with what happened on 2nd december yesterday. Whatever the reason, it was a hitbtc error but they denied it and accused it was a trader fault. I only buy 1000 AMM when the total supply is still 9k AMM and since the 2nd of December yesterday I can not withdraw any other coins I have there.
Activity: 2
December 10, 2017, 09:21:36 PM
I wonder how many people were scammed by hitbtc on this AMM issue? It seems that its constantly the same group of 10-20 people posting about it. I have to imagine it is MANY more than that. We need to get to find someone to interprit the Spanish and Portugese troll boxes also, as I am sure there is much of the same being discussed there. Unfortunatly, because of the price, I think alot of the buyers are just blowing it off because they dumped $10 or so into it. We need to find a way to pull everyone togehter and get onto this forum(or all the same forum). We cant just let this slide, which I am sure is what hitbtc hopes it does. Lets set up a plan and stick with it. I will get in touch with my attorney Monday to see what steps he recomends. Anyones input would be greatly appreciated, as I know very little about coorporate law. I would have to assume there would also be a case for criminal charges against the CEO?
Activity: 951
Merit: 250
December 10, 2017, 07:47:09 PM
Thanks for making a warning thread about Hitbtc.  I was planning yesterday to transfer all my ETH to Hitbtc to buy the COss pump. But it went wrong. Thank God.  Thanks,

Cheers.
brand new
Activity: 0
December 10, 2017, 06:03:17 PM
before they take from me 200k HVN
when this coin pump , i lost more then 6800$

after 2 weeks when HvN dump , they back it to me

now i have 0.096 BTC in main account , i can't move it to Trading account
 4 days now

Activity: 5
December 10, 2017, 07:27:17 PM
I lost $31 They actually told me i was a scammer therefore i am not going to revieve a refund.
December 10, 2017, 04:13:52 PM
no but it is normal if you have suffered from pre-ICO sales.
you need to take these risks and get a little scam on each stock market   Smiley

That's not what happened. HitBTC has withdrawn both funds and tokens from its traders accounts.
They just took our money. They are also blocking the withdrawals of other currencies, not letting people to move their funds to other exchanges or local wallets.
Activity: 3
December 10, 2017, 12:20:13 PM
Here's what happened:

(1) AMM holders sent AMM to HitBTC to sell.
(2) An error in the HitBTC system created millions of counterfeit "fake" AMM tokens that were injected into the market.
(3) Market was flooded with millions of fake AMM tokens.
(4) HitBTC accused those who unknowingly bought their fake counterfeit tokens of fraud, even though they left the counterfeit token market open for a full day collecting transaction fees.

HitBTC made millions of counterfeit AMM tokens, they collected transaction fees on these illegal trades, and left the illegal market open for hours after they knew the tokens were fake.

HitBTC. Refund. Now.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 10, 2017, 10:23:58 AM
no but it is normal if you have suffered from pre-ICO sales.
you need to take these risks and get a little scam on each stock market   Smiley
Activity: 16
December 10, 2017, 09:44:41 AM
as other stated it's not just about AMM. i wanted to withdraw substratum token to mew and tx pending for 24hrs already. made withdrawal from another exchange of another ERC20 token to mew 5 minutes ago and already in my wallet. lawsuit is the last case scenario, i hope every tx get filled eventually, but we can spread to word not to use this exchange, their behaviour is unacceptable, hope they get hacked and abandoned by the community soon Cheesy
December 10, 2017, 08:45:16 AM

Incidentally, I'm Chinese. And I've translated this into Chinese and reported it on China's largest blockchain and cryptocurrency forum 8btc.com:
http://8btc.com/thread-107828-1-1.html

thank you for your support! added to the first post
Activity: 9
December 10, 2017, 08:18:58 AM

Please read me!!!!!

You mst have been aware that hitbtc put up a fake amm on their site to swindle traders to buy unknownly, upon traders buying this coins, hitbtc came up with the news that  this coins are fake, even after collecting money for trading fees and taking btc/eth/usdt in exchange for this coins... On 9/12/2017 hitbtc wake up and took all this coins he sold to us, clear transactions history and withdraw this coins out of all those who bought this coins without official news or what so ever.. They in turn said that those who bought this token they sold are fraud and are illegal and as such they will not refund, ask yourself simple question you paid for a good from a shop the seller came back and forceful took the goods and refuse to refund, who is the fraud is it you that paid money for the goods or he who sold the fake goods, still came back took the goods and refused to give you your money back... How can someone who paid for a goods, he didn't break into the shop but paid for the good now become a fraud...

Hitbtc admitted that they made this mistake hence I have the prove of them admitting, if you actually admitted that you made a mistake, so who is then the fraud, is that not you, if you had made a mistake then refund to the buyers, that you goods and start over again and set things right ...hitbtc has said that they will not refund our money and we have promised to fight till the end, he who is already 5-0 at 89mins in football lose nothing so he is ready to attack...

Here is our campaign link help your follow traders as we are completely innocent, if this can happen to us it can happen to you, what this mean if you buy any token in hitbtc you are bound to buy hitbtc fake coin and no refund..

Let's us join hand and stop this bad act, in as much as you have not seen us, you are are follow trader we buy and sell to, don't let anyone exchange after collecting fees now claim, they will not pay back.

Please comment here in bitcointalk

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hitbtc-scam-2556342

Comment here on hitbtc forum

https://forum.hitbtc.com/discussion/2110/amm-issue-full-refund-requested/p1

Retweet here

https://twitter.com/iDebabrataSamal/status/939722601592586243

We are already in talk with coinmarketcap cmc

Also some media is also ready to help us provided we have evidence and we have alot already..

Our members are already pressing for bbc and others to buy our news..

We will post more link  soon...

Incidentally, I'm Chinese. And I've translated this into Chinese and reported it on China's largest blockchain and cryptocurrency forum 8btc.com:
http://8btc.com/thread-107828-1-1.html
Pages:
Jump to: