Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold or Trade - Which is Better? - page 16. (Read 2630 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
February 22, 2018, 03:37:47 AM
Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?
If you don't have good trading skills, my advice is to just hold your coins. Trading skills are really important because this skill can help you to make money in trading cryptocurrency.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
February 22, 2018, 03:29:26 AM
Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
I think keeping and trading are the ways to make a profit, but it also depends on the purpose and security to know what to choose. If you have technical analysis skills, good information, solid psychology and want to make a profit every day you choose the trade. If you determine that you do not have teeth analysis techniques and want to be safe then choose how to buy and hold, as long as you choose the potential long-term projects to reduce the risk.
Most times, to be able to manage risk, this is actually a good way to go about it. Once you are able to keep some and they keep increasing, you can then utilize the fluctuations as long as you are knowledgeable and then make use of that to make even more but few percentage of your holding can be allocated to that.

They are both good, but it all depends on the knowledge of the individual with respect to trading as well as how much they are willing to take the trading risk.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
February 22, 2018, 02:45:45 AM
Due to missive rise in cryptocurrency market in last 1-2 years, we have seen that the HOLD is the best strategy to follow. Trading is risky and requires some experience in past.

that's what some people tend to overlook: even if you trade successfully, you need to be over the gain you would have made from simpe holding. actually, what you need is to be far above what you get from passive holding, since trading takes a lot of effort that needs to be compensated in order to be more valuable than holding. that's quite hard without proper experience and tools.
Definitely, but still anyone who ends up trading and not being successfully will end up losing more that they can imagine if they had decided to hold. So many people want to make more money through trading but they are not ready to learn as much as they can to be able to make good profit from trading.

To me, this is more like acting foolish anyway, but for someone who is smart, trading is just a way to keep increasing what you have.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
February 21, 2018, 02:03:24 PM
I really doubt that the price of bitcoin can increase in the coming days. Currently, after the $ 12,000 mark failed to break through, the price of bitcoin is steadily declining. And the market is falling down. I think that at the present time we should not trade when the market is so red, because the risk is very high.
Activity: 770
Merit: 298
tozex.io
February 21, 2018, 01:57:05 PM
if you have faith on some particular coin that you have currently, hold it. (example like me i hold Nano, and boscoin cause i know this will become the next big one sooner or later).
If no and you see the price is rising then sell it , wait for some dip and buy again or just leave the coin and search for the new one.

Activity: 625
Merit: 250
io.ezystayz.com
February 21, 2018, 01:55:09 PM
i think it is hard to say which is better. It depends on the market fluctuation. trading helps you have knowledge, experience, profit. Holding help you get big profit in the recovering time.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
February 21, 2018, 10:38:51 AM
i think trade is better

Both are better things to do, holding is a passive income, and Trading is an active income, that is the only difference between the two. Most of the people only holds bitcoin for the long run and they are trading their tokens so that they could make profits and make their money to circulate. But if you are going to ask me, I'm going to do both to have many profits in the long run.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
February 21, 2018, 10:31:13 AM
Hold or trade decision will depends on your strategy considering the prices in the market. Hold it if you are predicting that your investment price will goes up in the future. Trade it if you notice that the prices drop and you need to minimize your loses so you need to immediately trade it.
Normally, someone who wants to invest and hold for long will definitely not bother about trading or the activities on the chart, so at the end, it is not about which is better but it is all about which is safer.

Holding is safer as long as the investor just know that it is a long term position and they have no business trying to do any analysis while trader take opportunity of the swings and make more money, so at the end, it all balls down to the risk level of each individual.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
February 21, 2018, 07:48:31 AM
I just want to trade more than you have to hold a long time but to trade somehow earning money.
Activity: 144
Merit: 0
February 21, 2018, 06:31:41 AM
I think it's better to just hold a coin that holds you now than you are in trading, and trade it because it will not be lost in trading.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
February 21, 2018, 06:10:50 AM
For me trading is better because you can gain easily using a small capital; every day or every week. Yet it is risky. It requires a lot of time, skills and knowledge. Unlike holding it takes you a lot of time before you profit.
I preferred both, I am holding some coins which I believe will gain more profits in coming months then I sell other coins I have to make a capital for trading. I am just beginning trading in the last days, and hoping to have some profits after a weeks. If you are just a newbie in trading try to join some group that offer trading signals to ride in and learn from them.
Activity: 180
Merit: 4
February 21, 2018, 05:53:46 AM
For me trading is better because you can gain easily using a small capital; every day or every week. Yet it is risky. It requires a lot of time, skills and knowledge. Unlike holding it takes you a lot of time before you profit.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 605
February 21, 2018, 03:33:20 AM
if you dont have an idea how to trade dont deal with it , but if you are good in trading go with it because you can earn in trading that you cant earn in just holding bitcoins.

And if you don't want to take the risk then just hold it because trading isn't for everyone and if you just push through with that you just end up losing instead of earning.
Personally, I hold more than I trade, I just trade when there's some minor dip but mostly I hold my coins for at least six months.
Holding is also risky, it might have different strategy to treat it but one this is sure is that we can succeed or fail in the end.
For people who have lesser time to focus, I think holding for long term is suitable for them, in my case, I tried to do day trading but I also have bitcoin
for long term investment, also not only bitcoin alone, I have diversified some to altcoins.
Activity: 126
February 21, 2018, 02:25:04 AM
i think trade is better
Activity: 100
Merit: 1
February 21, 2018, 02:19:14 AM
Now the Cryptocurrency market is very fluctuate. I think none can say or give us right massage. Other wise some rumors are moving in the Cryptocurrency market  for that market some times down. I request to follow market and if you gain profit then sell your holding coin and wait for better price to buy.
Thanks
Activity: 588
Merit: 128
February 21, 2018, 01:40:45 AM
if you dont have an idea how to trade dont deal with it , but if you are good in trading go with it because you can earn in trading that you cant earn in just holding bitcoins.

And if you don't want to take the risk then just hold it because trading isn't for everyone and if you just push through with that you just end up losing instead of earning.
Personally, I hold more than I trade, I just trade when there's some minor dip but mostly I hold my coins for at least six months.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
February 20, 2018, 11:45:06 PM
I would prefer holding. After the recent market slump, the price of most coins have recovered a bit but it is still down. If you hold it for six months or a year then it would be profitable.
Activity: 5
February 20, 2018, 11:42:22 PM
I plan on doing both. I have some BTC, ETH & XRP stored in my hard wallet and have these coins as well as some other alts on Binance. I am going to day trade BTC/JPN at my local exchange as well as use BTC for bait at all those fishing holes on Binance!

I will of course continue to buy BTC & ETH to stash away on my hard wallet.

I'm still working on my strategy but this is where I'm at right now...just getting started, basically.
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
♦ SIMDAQ ♦
February 20, 2018, 11:28:11 PM

Some people prefer to trade. But I prefer to hold it. Because I am interested in the projects and I get tokens. Why do I sell it early?
Activity: 196
Merit: 16
February 20, 2018, 10:06:20 PM
If you are holding, all you do is look at the charts from day to day and wait for the price to go up.
Whereas if you trade, you do not have to wait for the price to rise for so much, because basically trading is looking for profit every day.
But, both equally profitable. No need to fear to hold or trade. Between the two have their own risks and advantages.
Pages:
Jump to: