Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold or Trade - Which is Better? - page 22. (Read 2630 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
February 12, 2018, 11:53:10 AM
Both strategies must still be used hold and trade without both traders will not be able to trade
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
February 12, 2018, 11:43:43 AM
I'm holding my few bitcoin as this will be a good long term investments. I will venture into trading once I had done my research and had enough training from my friend who I can consider as expert in trading. For me both are profitable as long as you know what are you doing and you know when to sell and buy at profitable price.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
February 12, 2018, 11:06:36 AM
Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?
50% of my coins are good for holding and the another 50% of my coins are good for day trading. It depends on your coins if it is profitable in day trading or it is profitable by doing long term investment.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
February 12, 2018, 11:04:00 AM
Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Personally, i always go for hold because i am into long term investment. Trading is better also but i am a working man so i don't have enough time to be a trader. Honestly, it is tempting for faster profits but only a skilled trader can gain huge profits i guess and a person who doesn't have a regular job that can stay in front of the screen to monitor the block market.
Activity: 604
Merit: 250
February 12, 2018, 10:47:21 AM
A good Trader must at any point in time asserts Hold or Buy, depending on the prevailing situation surrounding the coin in question as at then, which he must adequately, patiently and comprehensively watched the trade trend in order to know the terrain that can be followed. Infact, this practices works at their time of deal and failed at their time of no go area. 
Activity: 406
February 12, 2018, 10:21:39 AM
Trading - it is a science. For it study you need to spend not only a lot of time but also to gain some experience, you need have intuition. It is much easier to buy a coin  and hold it. I am doing this now and still have no regrets about it.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
February 12, 2018, 09:48:53 AM
I and my friend bought our first crypto in april 2017. I started trading from the first day for 1/2 of my deposit and my friend just holded all his coins and keeps holding them. Some of my altcoins now cost 2-3 times less then when I bought them, but I believe they will do XXX.
I can say that today my HODL friend is much richer than me  Angry

So if you are not a professional trader - just hold good coins
Activity: 56
February 12, 2018, 07:55:14 AM
It’s up to if you have the time and are willing to keep up with charting and news 24/7. If not then holding is your best bet .
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
February 12, 2018, 06:47:22 AM

In my opinion, it is better to invest the big part of your investment to stable and suitable for long term like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple etc. that are top Altcoins which gives you much earning if you will hold.
Trading is good if you will know what coins will pump up soon and then sell once you have reached the desired income in a short period of time. But that is very risky because what if you sell it too late so your investment will retain there. So for me, it is better to hold and then sell once you reached the desired income.

Well, you have a point buddy but somehow we need to considered the possibe outcome of the kind of coins you choose. Actually, to invest is very great option though it's so risky which need to gather enough informations first before you invest. When it seems that the coin have a great potential hold it as much as possible then if you are satisfy on its value don't waste your time and trade it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
February 12, 2018, 04:24:02 AM

In my opinion, it is better to invest the big part of your investment to stable and suitable for long term like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple etc. that are top Altcoins which gives you much earning if you will hold.
Trading is good if you will know what coins will pump up soon and then sell once you have reached the desired income in a short period of time. But that is very risky because what if you sell it too late so your investment will retain there. So for me, it is better to hold and then sell once you reached the desired income.
Activity: 434
Merit: 117
February 12, 2018, 02:38:32 AM
I will recommend to hold your bitcoins. I know that you are afraid that you will lose your money on bitcoins but for me it is impossible to lose your money on bitcoins because bitcoin is full of potential cryptocurrency.
Activity: 16
February 12, 2018, 02:07:09 AM
Hold for the future use.  Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
February 12, 2018, 01:52:08 AM
Due to missive rise in cryptocurrency market in last 1-2 years, we have seen that the HOLD is the best strategy to follow. Trading is risky and requires some experience in past.

Agree on you, trading is super risky specially when you are just starting or you are still newbie. Holding coin is really ok, specially when you bough the coin that has the potential in the future and you are holding that for long term like 5-10 years. It is really okay.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
February 12, 2018, 01:50:01 AM
Its easy. if you have trading skill you can trade, if not  you just hold. In long run holder  always win.
holding coins is much easier. you need to get out of this. and not get involved in unnecessary bargaining.
Activity: 40
February 12, 2018, 01:30:03 AM
this time you are not trading, i tihink BITCOIN will stable, there fore this time you hold any coin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 103
February 12, 2018, 01:27:27 AM
In my opinion, it depends on the coin that you are holding. There are coins that are good in day trading and there are also coins that are good in long term investment. For me you should know if your coin is for long term investment or  for day trading.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
February 11, 2018, 11:17:39 PM
It completely depend on you because holding always give huge profit but short term will always give short returns. So it depend on you whether how much profit you are expecting from you investment.
Activity: 504
February 11, 2018, 11:15:49 PM

I prefer to combine both because by playing trading and holding a number of coins you have you will still be able to earn daily profits from trading and holding a very good coin because it can benefit long term.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
February 11, 2018, 10:59:55 PM
It depends on what is your attitude as a trader if you dont want hustle it is better for you to hold but if you are a trader that can manage to take the pressure day trader suits for you. But my friendly advice in every trades that you got to be discipline and don't let greed take over.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 11, 2018, 10:51:25 PM
You can do both.Hold when you know that you will not get any profit or you will loose your money and you can trade if you think that you will get your money back and will gain from the original price.
I think the best option is to holding. no need for any skills, no need for any special analysis, because if you look at bitcoin history price. the price will definitely go up after the price drop (dump), so do not cutlose just for continue trading. maybe it will give you more loss dude, better be patient and wait. trust me the price will definitely recover back soon

Best option could be different for different people, it is obviously depend on their passion and preferences. Holding is indeed good for long term but it is not good for some people who are looking for daily/weekly income from crypto. If we can do both, why we should choose one of them?
For me, it is better to split our money. Half for holding and the other half for trading, it may give better income imho.
Pages:
Jump to: